The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Emulation & ROM Hacking > Research & Development

Notices

Research & Development Got a well-founded knack with ROM hacking? Love reverse-engineering the Pokémon games? Or perhaps you love your assembly language. This is the spot for polling and gathering your ideas, and then implementing them! Share your hypothesis, get ideas from others, and collaborate to create!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed. The thread revival limit does not apply here.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 30th, 2012, 09:35 AM
Jambo51
Glory To Arstotzka

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haru~ View Post
But I've found one quirk with the item scripts hack...
When you register and then use a key item(from the OW screen) that has the hack, it keeps fading in and out, it never ends.

Am I the only who has problems with this?

PS: The script itself is fine when I use it inside my bag.
JPAN explicitly stated that you can't register items created using his method (in the Items thread, If I remember correctly).
Old May 1st, 2012, 02:43 AM
Haru~
Can't resist the chubbiness :3

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jambo51 View Post
JPAN explicitly stated that you can't register items created using his method (in the Items thread, If I remember correctly).
Oh, I see. I didn't remember seeing it here or in the manual but meh.
Thanks for the heads-up!

I noticed that if you use the temporary status inducer and in battle your hit with something like toxic, you're still poisoned but the status that appears on your pokemon is the one you set at var 8004.

Am I doing anything wrong?
Old May 7th, 2012, 12:51 PM
Mallowigi
Beginning Trainer

Hi here, I have a question...

I downloaded this engine but I dont want to patch my rom (I already did it and it messes me up my game, but I know why and that's not my point), instead, I want to use the hack applier to apply some of the hacks. However I don't see here the hack for new Palettes which supposedly enables new palettes on 0x1A2400.

How can I do? Do I really have to apply the whole patch? I don't want to remap and rescript everything in the game...
Old May 14th, 2012, 07:50 AM
Kaith
Hacker of Fire

Nature: Relaxed
Wow, this seems amazing. I haven't applied it yet cus there are a few things I don't understand.

First, does this need to be applied to a clean rom, or is it alright to apply it to the rom I'm working on right now?

Second, if I'm understanding correctly, if I apply this hack then all scripts before the 0x800000 area will be erased right?

Thirdly, will this mess up any maps I've already made? So far all I've done are the maps for the start of my game to the second gym.

I've also connected a few warps and placed overworlds where I wanted them. I started a little bit of scripting but it's nothing I can't redo easily.

Hacks I support:
FloralSky

Old May 14th, 2012, 09:12 AM
looper
German Hacker

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to looper
If you already have something edited, you should use the tool and not the patch

The Patch will only delete the old scripts, not the newer one, but maybe they will be overwritten by new data....
Old June 8th, 2012, 03:17 PM
Spherical Ice

For some reason, when I apply the Overworld hack with the Hack Tool, the overworld changes (where you get 256 new tables etc.), and the changes at 0x1a2000 don't take place. This mean I cant have custom overworlds etc. without applying the patch, which for some stupid reason gets rid of all header scripts, regardless of which part of the rom they were inserted in, and I dont really fancy going back and inserting all that.

Help would be appreciated.
Old June 9th, 2012, 08:16 AM
Quickster
Dream or Drop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spherical Ice View Post
For some reason, when I apply the Overworld hack with the Hack Tool, the overworld changes (where you get 256 new tables etc.), and the changes at 0x1a2000 don't take place. This mean I cant have custom overworlds etc. without applying the patch, which for some stupid reason gets rid of all header scripts, regardless of which part of the rom they were inserted in, and I dont really fancy going back and inserting all that.

Help would be appreciated.
Habe you tried pressing the button Get Changed Data? I applied the overworld hack with no hero change or dynamic OWs and pressed it. This is what I got.
Attached Images
File Type: png Untitled.png‎ (114.8 KB, 55 views)

But sometimes I want to come back to it...

Old June 9th, 2012, 08:58 AM
Spherical Ice

Hm, because I've applied the hack before and didn't take note, it just says that the hack has already been applied, however at the offset you've shown (which also appears when I applied the patch on a clean FR ROM), is not the data, and on a ROM with it applied, it's just FFs, so I can't do a search to find it either.

This is quite an annoying problem :/
Old June 9th, 2012, 06:57 PM
MarinoKadame

Anyone found a way to make the following pokemon script to work in Fire red ? Don't know if it worked since the last time I saw a topic about it.
Old June 10th, 2012, 07:58 AM
Quickster
Dream or Drop?

Quote:
Hm, because I've applied the hack before and didn't take note, it just says that the hack has already been applied, however at the offset you've shown (which also appears when I applied the patch on a clean FR ROM), is not the data, and on a ROM with it applied, it's just FFs, so I can't do a search to find it either.

This is quite an annoying problem :/
Ahh, I think I solved it. Well, hopefuly. Try pressing save rom and then go to the hex editor with it. xD

Old June 10th, 2012, 01:53 PM
aar2697

Send a message via Skype™ to aar2697
How do I use the Wild Pokemon Data Switch (Special 0x58)? What I want to do is this:

#org @start
comparefarbytetobyte 0x203C00 0x6 (checks if it's night time; unrelated to issue)
if 0x1 goto @itsnight (unrelated to issue)
release
end

#org @itsnight
**change the wild data to Taillow (14-17), Murkrow (14-17), Pidgey (14-17), Hoothoot (14-17), Nidoran (f) (13-16), Nidoran (m) (13-16), Bellsprout (14-18), Jigglypuff (13-16), Squirtle (10-12), Torchic (10-12), Abra (13-16), Chansey (14-18)**

I could not understand the guide at all. If someone can show me how to do everything, I, along with many others, would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.
Old July 9th, 2012, 02:27 PM
Darkrai Lv.1000
The Ultimate Dark Pokémon...

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to Darkrai Lv.1000
I have a suggestion(if this is still being updated):

-a way to remove the "rival naming" portion of the intro (i'm currently trying to figure out how)
-battles that continue scripts when you lose (not trainerbattle 0x9; i'm looking into this as well)
Old July 9th, 2012, 09:21 PM
Quickster
Dream or Drop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkrai Lv.1000 View Post
I have a suggestion(if this is still being updated):

-a way to remove the "rival naming" portion of the intro (i'm currently trying to figure out how)
-battles that continue scripts when you lose (not trainerbattle 0x9; i'm looking into this as well)
Well, Im not exactly sure about the continuing scripts but here is something that can help with the first problem.
http://www.pokemonpoint.com/guides/n...pt-on-firered/

Old July 10th, 2012, 06:56 PM
Darkrai Lv.1000
The Ultimate Dark Pokémon...

Send a message via AIM to Darkrai Lv.1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickster View Post
Well, Im not exactly sure about the continuing scripts but here is something that can help with the first problem.
http://www.pokemonpoint.com/guides/n...pt-on-firered/
ok, i got it to work to the point where it actually resets the game at where the rival would show up. i can't seem to get it to continue. the game just resets when i get to that point.

EDIT: nvm, i fixed it, didn't know i had to turn my offsets+1 into pointers. learning is fun. xD

Last edited by Darkrai Lv.1000; July 10th, 2012 at 08:16 PM.
Old July 15th, 2012, 06:28 PM
Taji34
Beginning Trainer

How do I use this to get the 60000 Over world Sprites and the 4600 different Palettes?
Old July 16th, 2012, 07:07 PM
Riegel25
Beginning Trainer

Thank you JPAN! This will be very useful.
Shooting Space
Check out my YouTube Channel here!
Old July 17th, 2012, 08:30 AM
LugiaMZ

Hi everyone, I have 3 question.

First question, I use the Special 0x18B show uncompressed picture, It's work! But how to close the picture?

Second question, This Pokemon Fire Red Hacked Engine v1.1 patchers has a function to display full-sized images? If no I suggest to add this function. Conveniently say this question, this patchers has pokemon follow player to walk function? Like Pokemon Yellow/Heart Gold/Soul Sliver.

Thanks.

Last edited by LugiaMZ; July 17th, 2012 at 08:39 AM.
Old October 12th, 2012, 09:37 AM
Spherical Ice

^ I'm pretty sure you just use "hidepokepic"

How is special 0xcb supposed to be used? I can't seem to figure it out.

The following script is meant to make it so when the player pushes B, they will be warped.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Code:
#dynamic 0x800000

//---------------
#org @start
setvar 0x8004 0x1
loadpointer 0x0 0x88614CB
special 0xCB
special 0xCA
special 0x8E
release
end

0x88614CB leads to:
Spoiler:
Code:
#dynamic 0x800000

//---------------
#org @start
warp 0x1 0x27 0x0 0x0 0x0
end

It doesn't seem to work. It blocks A from working, but doesn't activate the script.

Last edited by Spherical Ice; October 12th, 2012 at 05:48 PM.
Old October 13th, 2012, 08:35 AM
Rumille
Togepi

So, I'm using this hacked engine. Mainly, because I need to use his Runtime Trainer Customization function. I kinda figured out how it works through the .doc, but I have a problem with the way it works. I used the Overworld Editor - Rebirth Edition to edit the basic hero sprites (hero standing and hero walking). I figured that by the time I use my Runtime Trainer Customization script, I still don't have my Running Shoes, Bike, VS Seeker or Fishing Rod, so why change those sprites. I wanted to use the first command (Setvar 0x4054) to change my walking/standing Hero to the original look. I would change the look of a random NPC to that of the original Hero, so that when I use the 'Setvar 0x4054' command, my hero would have the original look again. To pre-test it, I just used the 'Setvar 0x4054'-command on a random NPC. I gave myself the Running Shoes, to see how it would look. When I went outside and ran, I didn't get the old Hero look though, it was the random NPC 'gliding'. No running animation, just the basic standing sprite moving through the screen.

How can I get it to work that I start the game with my 'new' Hero look, then have the command change my appearance, so that the rest of the game I look like the old/normal Hero?
Old October 13th, 2012, 09:46 AM
LugiaMZ

Quote:
^ I'm pretty sure you just use "hidepokepic"

How is special 0xcb supposed to be used? I can't seem to figure it out.

The following script is meant to make it so when the player pushes B, they will be warped.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Code:
#dynamic 0x800000

//---------------
#org @start
setvar 0x8004 0x1
loadpointer 0x0 0x88614CB
special 0xCB
special 0xCA
special 0x8E
release
end

0x88614CB leads to:
Spoiler:
Code:
#dynamic 0x800000

//---------------
#org @start
warp 0x1 0x27 0x0 0x0 0x0
end

It doesn't seem to work. It blocks A from working, but doesn't activate the script.
Special 0xcb is for display full-sized images? If it the pointer is load the a full-sized images offset? And last question a full-sized images is needed how much pixel?

Thanks you very much.
Old October 13th, 2012, 10:07 AM
Spherical Ice

Um no, I was asking how could I use special 0xcb, its got nothing to do with you haha.

in any case, the GBA can only display sprites of 64x64, any larger and it has to be a tilemap. You just need to use the hidepokepic command to hide the sprites you display with special 0x188.
Old October 13th, 2012, 10:26 AM
itman
Back to ROM hacking. :D

special 0x18C closes it whatever special 0x18B brings up.

Source: Original show fossil script.
Old October 14th, 2012, 08:44 AM
LugiaMZ

Quote:
Um no, I was asking how could I use special 0xcb, its got nothing to do with you haha.

in any case, the GBA can only display sprites of 64x64, any larger and it has to be a tilemap. You just need to use the hidepokepic command to hide the sprites you display with special 0x188.
I better use hidepokepic to close it... I having more question to ask... I want to make a script for example player battle with a Mew, after battle makesure player have catched Mew or not, if uncatched going to rebattle. How to make scripting it? I played Pokemon Ash Gray battle with Bulbasaur's it used this script, and I need it too. ><

Another question, how to make a uncatchable Pokemon? I played Pokemon Ash Gray it also having this function, I thinks JPAN Fire Red Engine can do it.

Sorry for my bad english. ><

Thanks you very very much. ><
Old October 14th, 2012, 10:36 AM
itman
Back to ROM hacking. :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by LugiaMZ View Post
I better use hidepokepic to close it... I having more question to ask... I want to make a script for example player battle with a Mew, after battle makesure player have catched Mew or not, if uncatched going to rebattle. How to make scripting it? I played Pokemon Ash Gray battle with Bulbasaur's it used this script, and I need it too. ><

Another question, how to make a uncatchable Pokemon? I played Pokemon Ash Gray it also having this function, I thinks JPAN Fire Red Engine can do it.

Sorry for my bad english. ><

Thanks you very very much. >< :)
To repeat, special 0x18C closes what special 0x18B brings up.

As for the battle that makes you catch something, that can easily be done with scripting. The patch is not needed for that.

As for the uncatchable pokemon, read JPAN's tutorial that comes with the hacked engine. It's a special that activates it, and it explains how to change it and such in that word document.
Old October 14th, 2012, 05:28 PM
robin22gongon

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to robin22gongon
Sorry for asking but, can someone do this for emerald?
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links