The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Research & Development

Notices

Research & Development Got a well-founded knack with ROM hacking? Love reverse-engineering the Pokémon games? Or perhaps you love your assembly language. This is the spot for polling and gathering your ideas, and then implementing them! Share your hypothesis, get ideas from others, and collaborate to create!
Research & Development programs in this forum are subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Old October 20th, 2013, 07:00 PM
hka18

Ok so what I'm wanting to do is replace the protagonist in Soul Silver's backsprites with Red's backsprites. I'm also going to replace everything else with Red's stuff but we'll cross those bridges when we get to them lol. Anyway, it seems that nowhere I look can I find a tutorial or anything on how to replace backsprites. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated
Old 4 Weeks Ago, 04:01 PM
jabberwockxeno

Forgive me if this is the wrong place to ask, but how can I extract and convert the sprites/assets used in move animations, and would the process be the same for Platinum as it would be for HGSS? If not, can I be directed to where I can find out how to do it for Platinum, as well?
Old 3 Weeks Ago, 12:39 PM
DragonNight

I want to make a trade hack in HG/SS, however the game have fixed trades ids like Onix called Rocky in Violet City with trade id 0. The trade ids goes from 0 to 12, the id 15 has a pikachu with Id 00000 . How can I insert new trades pokemons in game? For instance, id 13 a Kadabra to automatically evolve to Alakazan. And how can insert other pokemons via script? Anyone know where are the trade pokemons in rom?

The script souce:

Fadescreen 6 1 0 0
Resetscreen
TradeChosenPoke
StorePokeMenu2 0x800c
Callend
Fadescreen 6 1 1 0
Resetscreen
If 0x800c 255
CheckLR 1 func_3
SetTradeId 0 -- Here is setted the trade Id that is a fixed trade in game
Copyvar 0x8004 0x800c