The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Culture & Media

Notices

Culture & Media This is where all of pop culture culminates and chats over a cup of joe. Here you can find discussions relating to the latest and greatest television shows, movies, music and literature, and much more!

Old September 11th, 2009, 11:16 PM
Bay Alexison
Not a Baygel

Nature: Sassy
Link 1: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baccano!
Link 2: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...me.php?id=7492

Not sure if many people here watched or heard of the anime, but it's worth a shot. I started watching the anime after some of my friends watched it and recommend it to me. The end result is I loved it a lot and I considered it one of my favorite animes, actually.

What I love most about the anime is the overall atmosphere and tone. There are some intense moments, but nothing too dark. There are also comedic relief, but not too over the top and a lot of scenes are funny. Also, there's lots of actions and revelations with each episode. The characters I love too. Despite a huge cast and so many events going on (and did I mention out of order too?), it might be hard to get to know them in a personal level, but once you get used to the show the characters are quite fun and interesting in their own way.

So yeah, for those that watched the show, what are some things you like/don't like about the show and why? Yeah, want a sort of discussion of the show here.

[PC Fanfiction Index] [Nothing, Everything] [Quiet Admiration][The BBS] [MyAnimeList][Archive of Our Own][FFnet]
[Partner in Crime: Elite Overlord LeSabre™] [Cousin: Astinus] [Avatar: suspecting from LJ]
Old September 11th, 2009, 11:35 PM
THIRTY-SIX
Booted out - don't be like me!

I loved the series. I kinda want more episodes.. though that would ruin the concept. Like with other anime I have come across.
I actually kinda want the deck of cards that they were on.

These guys are my favourite characters.
Old September 12th, 2009, 02:06 PM
Bay Alexison
Not a Baygel

The cards are indeed cool. Saw loads of them as icons in the Baccano LJ Community. XD Also, I love Issac, Miria, and Jacuzzi too. :3 Also, yeah I wished the series was longer also. I heard there are three extra episodes, but I haven't gotten the chance to watch them yet. :x

[PC Fanfiction Index] [Nothing, Everything] [Quiet Admiration][The BBS] [MyAnimeList][Archive of Our Own][FFnet]
[Partner in Crime: Elite Overlord LeSabre™] [Cousin: Astinus] [Avatar: suspecting from LJ]
Old September 15th, 2009, 09:20 AM
Eпvy
Winds ღ

Nature: Lonely
Well I really need to rewatch the series. But Isaac and Miria made it for me.

I especially loved how
Spoiler:
It ended with them in 2001.. realizing they haven't got any older.
Old September 20th, 2009, 09:35 AM
Bay Alexison
Not a Baygel

I probably need to rewatch the series too. I might be able to piece which events happens first better. XD

Spoiler:
I love the ending too. Their reactions are so funny. XD; Wonder if they remember they got drunk drinking they thought is alcohol.

Old September 20th, 2009, 11:07 AM
Verkaufer
bis zum bitteren ende

Aghhh, I keep forgetting to check out this show. It seems like it has some depth. Is there a planned release for the full series in America?
Old September 20th, 2009, 11:15 AM
Bay Alexison
Not a Baygel

Not sure about if it's going to be on TV and such, but I know for the DVD releases it has been from January to June of this year: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...d=7492&page=28. Will look more into this, though.

Old September 20th, 2009, 11:37 AM
Syrex
Playing Oracle of Seasons.

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Syrex
I've actually never heard of this.

I'm going to go check it out as we speak. Thanks for the recommendation.
Old September 24th, 2009, 09:53 AM
Bay Alexison
Not a Baygel

You're welcome. :3 Sadly not too many people heard of that show. When they do and get the chance though... :D Yeah, I highly recommend that show for reasons I stated in the first post. When you do get the chance to see it, hopefully you'll let us know what you think of the show.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links