Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 12th, 2011 (11:50 AM).
onyx79
Red Dead Revolver

Nature: Modest
every time I KO a pokemon in the game the game freezes so that I can't play the game how to solve this problem?
Old June 12th, 2011 (11:52 AM). Edited June 12th, 2011 by Banjora Marxvile.
Banjora Marxvile
Oui Oui Si Si Ja Ja Da Da

Nature: Lonely
Quote originally posted by onyx79:
every time I KO a pokemon in the game the game freezes so that I can't play the game how to solve this problem?
I don't know if this was in HG/SS, but was the sound running? A similar thing occured in D/P/Pt where the game semi-froze as the sound was muted when the Pokemon were knocked out, kinda stopping the game proceeding.

Try unmuting the sound if you have muted it before.

Man of Steel
He harbors no shame
Got cut a raw deal
But he holds no blame
Gone and forgot to feel
Numb for pretentious pain
As he spins the wheel
There's no loss nor no gain...

Nerves o
f Steel
He must remain
Even if it kills
To remember my name
A view to a thrill
Like Campari and Champagne
I'm on the rocks
Please tell me, What Is My Name?

Old June 12th, 2011 (11:13 PM).
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote originally posted by onyx79:
Do you use No$GBA or DeSmuME?
It might be the thing Banjora mentioned or it might be your ROM.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old June 14th, 2011 (12:08 PM).
onyx79
Red Dead Revolver

Nature: Modest
thanks banjora I've changed the sound method and now it doesn't freezes anymore!
I've played muted and now I turn on the sound and it works fine!
so if this happens to another one tell him that this is the correct solution
Old June 18th, 2011 (09:52 AM).
Integra R
Beginning Trainer

Hi,

I wanted to know how to get some of the poke games working on the Nintendo DS emulator on the computer. All the other games are working like mario olympics and another pokemon perle but in french which is not as fun to play when you don't know the language.

The games that aren't working are soul silver and gold however, I see everything at the start when you setup like choosing your name and selecting either male or female and the sound fully works and its smooth no problem there, but once it gets to the game where you actually start I can hear the song but it stays pitch black on the screen? Exactly same thing happens on both soul silver and gold but the other games work fine? So I thought it had something to do with changing the settings somewhere?

Please can someone help me? Is it to do with patching it or some setiing on my computer or on the emulater I need to change?

Thanks
Old June 30th, 2011 (12:56 PM). Edited June 30th, 2011 by SixUK.
SixUK
Beginning Trainer

I know this is my first post, and for that i may be regarded as a leecher (Dunno what this forums views are on leeching, i've known some to be very strict on that front.) Anyway, time to cut the crap and get to the problem.

I have a HG ROM titled "Heartgold (retail) - LW" - Could be English or US.
My problem is this:
I have used an AR code to fix the black screen problem, and for the most part, my game has been relatively freeze free. Recently though, it's started freezing every 30 seconds or so (Just reached Route 31). In the past 8 attempts, i haven't managed to get past KO'ing a wild opponent (Haven't tried a trainer) and running from battle works fine.
If there is a fix it would be greatly appreciated (I did start looking through the thread, but nothing was working, then i tried searching 'battle freeze' which also gave no relevant results).
Since i am an utter n00b at using ROMs and No$GBA, an AR code would be most helpful. Failing that then i'll follow every instruction to the letter.
Massive thanks to anyone & everyone that can help in advance!
EDIT: My sound isn't muted.

Quote originally posted by Integra R:
I see everything at the start when you setup like choosing your name and selecting either male or female and the sound fully works and its smooth no problem there, but once it gets to the game where you actually start I can hear the song but it stays pitch black on the screen?
If you're using No$GBA, just go to - Utility > Cheats > Add New. Then copy & paste:
020DE16C E1A00000
020D3FA8 E1A00000

CAll it whatever you like, but make sure "Action replay DS" is checked. I haven't checked "RAW" and it works fine for me.
Every time you start, just go into Utility > Cheats & activate that.
Old July 2nd, 2011 (02:28 AM).
SixUK
Beginning Trainer

Never mind, i tried a different ROM and it works fine
Old July 18th, 2011 (12:55 AM).
Emcitement

Anyone know the minimum system requirements to run this game at 60 FPS?

I can get the game to open up fine. It plays smooth and looks great.. however it runs at like 10-20 FPS which is truly unplayable.
Old August 28th, 2011 (04:33 PM).
Melloeta_Step
I love Fat and Cute Pokemon.

Nature: Quirky
I use the DeSmUmE emulator and Sometimes, When i go down the stairs or up. My overworld sprite is like a Black box
Old August 29th, 2011 (07:51 AM).
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by Melloeta_Step:
I use the DeSmUmE emulator and Sometimes, When i go down the stairs or up. My overworld sprite is like a Black box
Yeah, it sometimes happens, just change map and it will be gone =))

Old August 29th, 2011 (07:21 PM).
CharmanderFan123
Death is only an illusion.

When I play Soul Silver after awhile(about 24 actions I.E battles, talking, entering/exiting) it freezes, or the sprites turn all weird. I can save it when the sprites turn weird luckily but sometimes I don't find out until a battle where I enter a trainer battle and the Pokeballs just keep spinning and spinning and spinning.
Old August 30th, 2011 (12:12 AM).
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by CharmanderFan123:
When I play Soul Silver after awhile(about 24 actions I.E battles, talking, entering/exiting) it freezes, or the sprites turn all weird. I can save it when the sprites turn weird luckily but sometimes I don't find out until a battle where I enter a trainer battle and the Pokeballs just keep spinning and spinning and spinning.
You must save really often =) But yes, spinning Pokeballs are known glitch.

Old September 2nd, 2011 (10:44 AM). Edited September 2nd, 2011 by Liuzilong.
Liuzilong
Beginning Trainer

I got heartgold to work by downloading winDS PRO (just google it) using the no$Zoomer option
when the game starts just go to others/ cheats
select add new
input the folowing:
020DE16C E1A00000
020D3FA8 E1A00000

Before you click okay, be sure that "Action Replay DS" is checked at the bottom of the window, and "RAW" is checkmarked underneath the okay and cancel buttons
then name it what you want and click okay

Double click the code title in the cheats window to enable it. To make sure it is enabled, look for a check mark next to it.

As long as this code is activated, you will not have any black screens while starting your game or loading a saved game. You can activate and deactiviate it whenever you want

the game will still freeze once in a while so save a lot

----------------------------------------------------
the only problem i still have with this metod is that i cant get the in game clock to work
if you want it to be a specifc time you have to to options and manualy set the date

if anyone finds a way to solve this problem i would be gratefull

ps:the same code seen to work for soulsilver but i still havent tested it enough to know
Old September 22nd, 2011 (12:57 PM).
Ciax
Ledian Used Starlight!

Nature: Sassy
Say I was playing pokemon sapphire on my computer and I wanted to send some of my pokemon over to my heartgold game, also on the computer. Is there some sort of program that can do this????
Old October 9th, 2011 (10:53 AM).
umbreonandme
Dark Pokemon Master

Nature: Serious
Has anyone heard of No$Zoomer? It is almost full speed, but I can't really tell much of a difference of speed between the emulator and an actual DS.
Old October 10th, 2011 (01:17 AM).
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by umbreonandme:
Has anyone heard of No$Zoomer? It is almost full speed, but I can't really tell much of a difference of speed between the emulator and an actual DS.
But it still depends on the actual No$GBA it uses as base so even with that you cannot play newer games.
Though yes, HG/SS can be played with this nicely.

Old October 26th, 2011 (09:00 PM).
StolenDarknessWithin
Beginning Trainer

Quote originally posted by mandycat:
go to options, emulation set up, and change the nds file save type to 512 flash. save the options and restart the emulator. thats what has worked for me.
Hey I did this except once I've finished talking with Professor Oak and my sprite shrinks down, the screen goes black, what do I do?
Old November 2nd, 2011 (08:02 AM).
Retro Gamer'93
Pokemon Master of Kanto

Nature: Relaxed
I keep having trouble with SS/HG being extremely slow on NO$GBA, is it running 3D in the background or something? Any codes I can use to speed it up? Only getting 70% speed right now when all my others run at 300%+.
-My Xbox Live User is Andrew1420, but I haven't been on my Xbox in months so....
-Current Challengs: None
Old November 4th, 2011 (08:15 PM).
ShinyGyaradosisShiny
Going hard 24/7 365

Nature: Brave
I have 2.6 no$gba, and i tried playing soul silver but a fatal error came up saying
"Undefined opcode - with no debug vector defined" Any solutions?
Old November 5th, 2011 (11:01 AM).
yeaokwali
Beginning Trainer

Lol uh little bit of help here if you don't mind.....I've been reading through this thread and a couple of others looking for a fix to my latest problem they seem endless lol

anyway I followed some of the advice posted here in this thread and started saving and then exiting right before the crash (this window of time is extremely small). Problem is I think the game baited me or something lol.....I was doing the usual save and getting ready to exit and I missed, but it didn't crash exactly after, and I still closed it thinking hmmmm. Sure enough I reload and now the moment I try and load my game (click on my save file) click continue, it crashes.

I'm running no$gba through wine on a mac which in of itself took about 16 hours of hair pulling, and troubling shooting, so I'm at my wits end with this lol. I tried using eNDryptS, and the patch neither are loading. Some exe. files work some don't, so a PM or something would nice lol.
Old November 6th, 2011 (08:55 AM).
yeaokwali
Beginning Trainer

ok this is pretty annoying I discovered a 2 step noob friendly solution to this problem I'm trying to post and share with everyone else but it wont let me, there no URL links in my post either but w/e o well I guess
Old November 7th, 2011 (01:40 AM).
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by yeaokwali:
ok this is pretty annoying I discovered a 2 step noob friendly solution to this problem I'm trying to post and share with everyone else but it wont let me, there no URL links in my post either but w/e o well I guess
Post URL with spaces or something that it won't look like URL or make 15 posts

Old November 8th, 2011 (10:38 AM). Edited November 8th, 2011 by JakeTheSancho.
JakeTheSancho
Unhatched Egg

Hello! New member but, not new to the forums.
Anyway, I have always played hack games from this site for the GBA games.
I just download desmume-0.9.7-win32 and a Pokemon Heart Gold ROM for the first time.
My problem are the follow: I can save the normal way Shift + F1 which will save my game as it remains open but, if I have to close the Desmume, I have to say "Yes" to "Some files extracted from desmume-0.9.7-win32.zip were modified or new files were created. Do you wish to put them to the archive?" Which if I say "Yes" it will save but, if I don't then it won't save my files. Is this normal?

Then more of my bigger problem is that sometimes after battles (Don't know if after other things as I only just began the game) my character and pokemon will have a box around them and I'll be unable to see them but, able to move. Which will then cause my screen to go black once I start an event. How do I solve this? (I do fast forward my game, is this part of the problem? I can't stand playing at normal speed.)

New problem now... Some of screen will be blacked out either, areas unable to go through or my battle screen which fill freeze after the fight. UGH!!! Should I just try a new ROM?
(If another ROM is needed, can someone give me a link? Not direct link to an English Rom, just in general. I keep finding ROMS from before English Release)
Thanks guys! [:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pokemon glitch.jpg‎ (21.8 KB, 14 views) (Save to Dropbox)
File Type: jpg pokemon glitch 2.jpg‎ (6.0 KB, 11 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Old December 2nd, 2011 (11:17 PM).
PokémonMaster29
Advanced Technician

To Everyone:

Playing Pokémon Soul Silver on an emulator is not a good idea. Pokémon Soul Silver has a code embedded onto it so that it can't be emulated properly. None of the DS emulators are perfect, and all of them have many glitches. For example:-

No$GBA Always crashes randomly
No$Zoomer Always crashes randomly
DeSmuME Too slow
iDeaS No sound
Entasta Does not work completely

I suggest if you really want to play the game, buy some cheap Pokémon Soul Silver on eBay for around $20 AUS.
Old December 2nd, 2011 (11:27 PM).
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Even though it crashes, it can be played well enough to actually finish the game
And by the way English ROM does not crash as often as Japanese one.

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links