Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Strategies and Movesets
Reload this Page Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Strategies and Movesets Post your team lineups, get your team rated or rate other teams, talk about lineups, talk about moves/movesets, strategies, etc. For general talk about the games, go to the respective Pokémon game forums.

View Poll Results: S+M staff are great
Yes 2,147,483,647 100.00%
Yes 999 100.00%
No 0 0%
Maybe 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 28th, 2009 (09:14 AM).

I'm also asking if you guys think that these EV points i put on my Luxray was good?
Defense: 180 EV points (45 stat bonus total)
sp. defense:168 EV points (42 stat bonus total)
Speed: 80 EV points (20 stat bonus total)
Attack: 60 EV points (15 stat bonus total)

Please respond and tell me if these are any good
Old September 28th, 2009 (09:46 AM).
BS
CS

Quote originally posted by Subsuck:
I'm also asking if you guys think that these EV points i put on my Luxray was good?

Please respond and tell me if these are any good :)
Luxray isn't the type to run bulky spreads to be honest, unless you are taking advantage of Intimidate (where you just use 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA). Its Attack and Speed is where you should focus on.

4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Speed is the best w/ a positive Speed Nature even though it is really simple. 252 Speed lets it outrun Milotic before it can damage you with Surf, etc. Then there's 244 Speed if you want to outspeed Naive / Hasty Blaziken. 228 Speed to outrun Adamant Feraligatr before it can OHKO you with Earthquake. I can show more benchmarks if you want. ;]
Old September 28th, 2009 (09:48 AM).
provider of cake
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quiet

Please respond and tell me if these are any good :)
The EVs should really be dependent on the set you're running, but that spread won't be of any use to Luxray.

If you're running an offensive set, EVs should mostly be placed in Attack/Special Attack and speed. The most common spread for his purely physical offensive sets is 40 HP / 252 Attack / 216 Speed, but I don't know what moves you're using, so I can't say for sure. It would be helpful if you posted his other information like nature and moveset ;D

EDIT: Damn you Wolfy =P

Old September 28th, 2009 (10:11 AM). Edited September 28th, 2009 by Subsuck.

Quote originally posted by Wolf.:
Luxray isn't the type to run bulky spreads to be honest, unless you are taking advantage of Intimidate (where you just use 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA). Its Attack and Speed is where you should focus on.

4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Speed is the best w/ a positive Speed Nature even though it is really simple. 252 Speed lets it outrun Milotic before it can damage you with Surf, etc. Then there's 244 Speed if you want to outspeed Naive / Hasty Blaziken. 228 Speed to outrun Adamant Feraligatr before it can OHKO you with Earthquake. I can show more benchmarks if you want. ;]
Well...dammit

Now i have to start all over again EV training is tedius lol XD

Could you answer my question about Tangrowth aswell?

And i might awell ask this while i'm at it. Would Xatu make a good special wall?

Edit: and no i don't think you need to show me any more benchmarks
Old September 28th, 2009 (10:26 AM).
Dream Evil.
Gold Tier

Nature: Impish
Well...dammit

And i might awell ask this while i'm at it. Would Xatu make a good special wall?
I answered about it on the previous page.

And no not really, Xatu cant take repeated hits and is SR weak and weak to alot of special attacks.
Since the beginning of time, man has sought to know the unimaginable. To shake hands with the intangible. To measure the abstract with concrete gauges, to fit the mind of the infinite within the imagination of the finite. Nevermore.

Old September 28th, 2009 (10:28 AM).
Pekachu Puhrity <3

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Zakarii
Well...dammit

Edit: and no i don't think you need to show me any more benchmarks
I'm not a expert on this sort of stuff, but I'd say no. Go with something more like Blissey or Bronzong. They'd probaly get the job done.

R.I.P Gidget.

Spoiler:
92% of teens listen to rap. If you are one of the 8% that still listens to real music, add this to your signature.
Old September 28th, 2009 (10:32 AM). Edited September 28th, 2009 by Subsuck.

Quote originally posted by Dark Azelf:
I answered about it on the previous page.

And no not really, Xatu cant take repeated hits and is SR weak and weak to alot of special attacks.
Oh. okay. then. But i'm still going to try to find a way to make Xatu usefull! :D

EDit: and i can't find your quote when you tell me about tangrowth sorry for my noobness
Old September 28th, 2009 (10:47 AM).
Conservative Patriot
Platinum Tier

Nature: Jolly
What's a good Bulk Up Gallade set?

Oh and on a side note, do y'all think Latias is at risky out being Ubered after the Suspect testing?
Old September 28th, 2009 (11:04 AM).
Dream Evil.
Gold Tier

Nature: Impish
Quote originally posted by FreakyLocz14:
What's a good Bulk Up Gallade set?

Oh and on a side note, do y'all think Latias is at risky out being Ubered after the Suspect testing?
Latias is the least likely to get moved up, its basically guaranteed OU.

Gallade@Letovers
252 ATT / 252 SPEED / 6 HP
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Shadow Sneak
- Psycho Cut / Stone Edge / Ice Punch
- Drain Punch / Brick Break

Something like this ?
Since the beginning of time, man has sought to know the unimaginable. To shake hands with the intangible. To measure the abstract with concrete gauges, to fit the mind of the infinite within the imagination of the finite. Nevermore.

Old September 28th, 2009 (11:15 AM).
Conservative Patriot
Platinum Tier

Quote originally posted by Dark Azelf:
Latias is the least likely to get moved up, its basically guaranteed OU.

Gallade@Letovers
252 ATT / 252 SPEED / 6 HP
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Shadow Sneak
- Psycho Cut / Stone Edge / Ice Punch
- Drain Punch / Brick Break

Something like this ?
That looks good I'm thinking Jolly to outspeed SD Luke and hit it with a Drain Punch or Brick Break. Also considered Big Root to up the recovery from Drain Punch.

Really? I was considering using Latias but feared she would get banished to Ubers soon. Also you told me before that Roserade is now OU or BL but Smogon still lists it as UU, however TeamUber (another community I'm in) has Roserade listed as OU now.
Old September 28th, 2009 (11:19 AM).
provider of cake
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quiet
I always thought you could run a bit of a bulkier set for Bulk Up Gallade, something like 252 HP / 152 Attack / 104 Speed like the double status set so you have a better chance to set up/take hits. But sure, max speed and attack is fine like what D_A posted.

Old September 28th, 2009 (11:25 AM).
Batesville Gym Leader

Nature: Brave
Quote originally posted by Aurafire:
I always thought you could run a bit of a bulkier set for Bulk Up Gallade, something like 252 HP / 152 Attack / 104 Speed like the double status set so you have a better chance to set up/take hits. But sure, max speed and attack is fine like what D_A posted.
More HP lets Gallade's 135 Sp Defense come into play. Dual status ability is great but this where the so-called "4-move syndrome" wears him down. Though Will-O-Wisp along with Bulk Up can take away the threat from Physical sweepers because if you run Shadow Sneak/Drain Punch as your two attacking moves, and a priority move to compensate for sub-standard Speed and the fact you ran Will-O-Wisp instead or T-Wave as your status move.

Also who knows any non-Ice Pokes that work good on a Hail team?

S.O.D. Money Gang
Old September 28th, 2009 (11:55 AM).
BS
CS

Oh. okay. then. But i'm still going to try to find a way to make Xatu usefull! :D
Wish is pretty cool to use in NU, but might not work in UU, and in OU it gets outclassed entirely by Jirachi.

Quote:
EDit: and i can't find your quote when you tell me about tangrowth :( sorry for my noobness :P
I can't find it either lol (and your question). :<

If you look at the Suspect votes, it is 76 - 10, that means there is really low chance of it moving to Uber. :P Latias is easily countered by Tyranitar (even Surf doesn't 2HKO unless it holds Specs), Jirachi, Blissey, Metagross, Scizor (resisted hits), etc.

Also you told me before that Roserade is now OU or BL but Smogon still lists it as UU, however TeamUber (another community I'm in) has Roserade listed as OU now.
Iirc Smogon changes the tier list at the end of every month according to usage and then test them to see if the Pokemon who drop down a tier are broken in the tier they're entering (of course, Uber and BL aren't based on usage I think, just ban tiers), etc. So, probably at the end of September we will see Roserade in OU and Rhyperior in UU (and Alakazam next month probably since it is top 50, the borderline number between OU and UU) or BL if it is deemed too strong.

I'm not that for sure on things, since I just learned all this from stalking Smogon lol. :x

Quote originally posted by Leader Soulja Boy:
Also who knows any non-Ice Pokes that work good on a Hail team?
http://www.smogon.com/dp/articles/art_hail_stall

Tentacruel, Rotom Frost, Swampert, Spiritomb, Starmie, Bronzong, etc.
Old September 28th, 2009 (12:55 PM).
living legend
Battle Server
CS

Nature: Adamant
Quote originally posted by Wolf.:
Iirc Smogon changes the tier list at the end of every month according to usage and then test them to see if the Pokemon who drop down a tier are broken in the tier they're entering (of course, Uber and BL aren't based on usage I think, just ban tiers), etc. So, probably at the end of September we will see Roserade in OU and Rhyperior in UU (and Alakazam next month probably since it is top 50, the borderline number between OU and UU) or BL if it is deemed too strong.
I'm pretty sure (like 97%-ish) that it's actually every three months. They do usage statistics every month obviously, but they only change it a few times a year since things would probably be hectic down in UU if they changed it every month. Also, I think it would be hard to run the entire suspect testing process in a month.

So Roserade is still UU on Smogon to the best of my knowledge, to get back to the original question.

Former Strategies and Movesets Moderator | Team Rater & Builder | Community Contributor | Event Coordinator | Battle Server Moderator
Old September 28th, 2009 (03:12 PM).
I'm back. I think.

Nature: Calm
Quote originally posted by Anti:
I'm pretty sure (like 97%-ish) that it's actually every three months. They do usage statistics every month obviously, but they only change it a few times a year since things would probably be hectic down in UU if they changed it every month. Also, I think it would be hard to run the entire suspect testing process in a month.

So Roserade is still UU on Smogon to the best of my knowledge, to get back to the original question.
Yea, the usage stats change every 3 months. That means that if Roserade is still in the top 50 at the end of this month, it will be OU (oct/nov/dec).

Check out my food blog if you're not busy.

Old September 28th, 2009 (03:20 PM). Edited September 28th, 2009 by FreakyLocz14.
Conservative Patriot
Platinum Tier

Quote originally posted by jvn753:
Level 67
Likes to thrash about.
Adamant Nature
HP: 208
Atk:271
Sp. Atk: 135
Sp. Def: 157
Speed: 155

[Fire punch] [Earthquake]
[Outrage] [Dragon Dance]

Holding a Yache Berry.

Already has the Effort Ribbon.
For competitive Pokemon, you need to EV train it. Grow EV-reducing berries. Those moves are decent, Fire Punch can deal with Ice-type threats. If your a begginer a simple 252 Attack/252 Speed would work good.

Also what's it's nature? Adamanat or Jolly are prefered.

Here is my favorite competitive site if you need help with
http://www.teamuber.net/

A question of my own:
Run Adamant or Jolly on Choice Band Gallade? (EVs: 252 Attack/252 Speed)
Can anyone list what crucial OKHO's and 2KO's I miss running Jolly instead of Adamant?
And also what Pokemon outspeed me using Adamant that I would have outsped using Jolly?
Old September 28th, 2009 (03:53 PM).
PM me for Lockerz invitation.

Nature: Modest
I'm in need of some lead movesets for Quiet Azelf, Timid Mesprit, and Hasty Uxie. I think my best choice would be to use Timid Mesprit. But what about their movesets?

Pokemon CTRL + Z League Badges

Platinum FC:
HeartGold FC:

Stop talking and start battling! If you agree, copy and paste this in your signature, and spread this message around the community. (copied from vidgamer's sig)
Old September 28th, 2009 (03:58 PM).
BS
CS

Quote originally posted by GengarMaster:
I'm in need of some lead movesets for Quiet Azelf (lowering Azelf's Speed is the last thing you want to do, so this isn't useful to be honest), Timid Mesprit, and Hasty Uxie (lowering Uxie's best stats is a bit poor). I think my best choice would be to use Timid Mesprit. But what about their movesets?
Now for Mesprit, that would be usable: http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/mesprit. Really depends on what your team needs, most of the time Mesprit uses Timid Nature, so your options are broad.
Old September 28th, 2009 (04:00 PM).
PM me for Lockerz invitation.

Nature: Modest
My team's in my sig and I was hoping to get Blissey out of there since I only use her for the Battle Frontier. In exchange I'd like to use Mesprit to start off a battle. Unfortunately, I'm not so good at picking movesets.

Pokemon CTRL + Z League Badges

Platinum FC:
HeartGold FC:

Stop talking and start battling! If you agree, copy and paste this in your signature, and spread this message around the community. (copied from vidgamer's sig)
Old September 28th, 2009 (04:31 PM).
Retired

Nature: Relaxed
For competitive Pokemon, you need to EV train it. Grow EV-reducing berries. Those moves are decent, Fire Punch can deal with Ice-type threats. If your a begginer a simple 252 Attack/252 Speed would work good.

Also what's it's nature? Adamanat or Jolly are prefered.

Here is my favorite competitive site if you need help with
http://www.teamuber.net/

A question of my own:
Run Adamant or Jolly on Choice Band Gallade? (EVs: 252 Attack/252 Speed)
Can anyone list what crucial OKHO's and 2KO's I miss running Jolly instead of Adamant?
And also what Pokemon outspeed me using Adamant that I would have outsped using Jolly?
I would run Jolly personally, I don't really think you'll miss out some crucial KO's and some Pokemon.

Here's a list of some Pokemon that'll outspeed you if you run Adamant.
  • Naive Heatran (77)
  • Adamant Lucario (90)
  • Jolly Mamoswine (80)
  • Adamant Heracross (85)
  • Modest Porygon-Z (90)
  • Modest Rotom-A (86)
  • Classic MixMence 176 Spe EV's (100)
I don't think you miss any crucial KO's. You can still beat down most of the physical walls in OU if you predict right like you can always 2HKO Skarmory with CC, Celebi with X-Scissor(if you run it) and 2HKO Forrey with CC as well.
BW2 UU Smogon Leaderboard #1
DPPt OU Smogon Leaderboard #6
Old September 28th, 2009 (05:18 PM).
I Wannabe A PRO!

how does this gallade sound guys confuse ray,thunder wave,shadow sneak,close combat idk its evs yet maybe you guys can help me out with that

Old September 28th, 2009 (05:28 PM).

Hi guys!

I'm having trouble EV training my Jolly Furret.

I equiped it with a Macho Brace, which doubles EV points.

And I know 4 EV points = 1 stat point to that specific stat.

So I battled 8 Machop in a row before leveling up.

if you didn't know, i should of goten 16 EV points, making the stat points for my attack stat at least +4 since Machop give 1 ATK point times 2 thanks to my Macho Brace.

But for some reason, I only got 2 ATK stat points.

What did i do wrong?
Old September 28th, 2009 (06:29 PM).
BS
CS

Quote originally posted by GengarMaster:
My team's in my sig and I was hoping to get Blissey out of there since I only use her for the Battle Frontier. In exchange I'd like to use Mesprit to start off a battle. Unfortunately, I'm not so good at picking movesets.
TrickScarf strategy is pretty cool to lead with in the BF. Something like Trick / Psychic / 2 support moves. But, you should ask this in the Battle Frontier thread.

Quote originally posted by WisherWisherWish:
Hi guys!

if you didn't know, i should of goten 16 EV points, making the stat points for my attack stat at least +4 since Machop give 1 ATK point times 2 thanks to my Macho Brace.

What did i do wrong?
I don't know sadly.
Old September 28th, 2009 (06:30 PM).
► My Happy Little Pill 
Platinum Tier

Nature: Lax
Quote originally posted by WisherWisherWish:
Hi guys!

What did i do wrong?
Actually, nothing. At lower levels, the stat gains are less noticeable when it comes to EV training. When brought to a higher level, the stats gained from EV Training when leveling up is much more noticeable, so don't worry about it :D
Old September 28th, 2009 (06:39 PM).

So, what ur saying is, its better to do EV training at a higher level, than i get more ev points?

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links