Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub
Reload this Page What are the best settings for DesmuME???

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old September 24th, 2009 (03:09 PM).
tifaluv

It runs slow for me no matter what! Everytime I start a game I can't get above 40 FPS when the game starts, every Pokemon game I try goes very slow. I see other people with it running normal speed, HOW???

No$GBA runs great, I'm trying to do the same with DesmuME now
Old September 26th, 2009 (05:22 PM).
NickAlert
Beginning Trainer

click 3d settings on one of the tool menu things. then click the drop down and select softrasteriser. that helps a little bit.
Old September 27th, 2009 (04:15 AM).
hoone
Anyone over 20? Dang.

Nature: Calm
Desume only uses one CPU, no$gba uses multiple.
I'm going to take a wild guess and you are running on 2.0's Ghz Duo PC? that means with desume you are running on a 2.0's Ghz computer (which is too slow to run any game except phoenix wright)

Possible Solution:
if you get 75% (40 FPS), change frame skip to 2~4
50% (30 FPS) 4~5 and so on
No it will not run smoothly but it will run in game time.

Alternatively, if you have an old PC with 3.0+Ghz non-duo/quad, play on that.
Old October 5th, 2009 (08:43 PM).
jintrigger
Beginning Trainer

Hold up if you can play on nocashgba why are you trying to get the other one to work
Old October 6th, 2009 (05:14 PM).
Superkid11
Covered in Shroomish

Yeah, I don't see why you're trying to get it working with Desmume. Desmume isn't really ready for it yet.

The only thing I can think of is you don't like No$GBA's apparently bad colors. Go into Emulation Setup and change GBA Mode to VGA (poppy bright) and Solar Sensor Level to Bright Sunlight. I don't know which of these actually does it, but it fixes the colors right up.
Old October 6th, 2009 (09:45 PM).
Maxzeroedge
Ready for simply anything

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Yahoo to Maxzeroedge Send a message via Skype™ to Maxzeroedge
Well one thing can be its size....
When I tried it on my PC earlier it was of normal size (half screen length) and the game ran smoothly (and that's why I love it). But then my friend cam and he increased the size and I found that the game ran a bit slower.......So.......u got my point eh?
Old October 14th, 2009 (10:23 AM).
jellotime91

Dudes the reason why people play with DesMume is because the window can actually be resized. I don't see why this feature is still missing from No$GBA. It's actually ridiculous that you can't resize the window. And not everyone wants to change their resolution every time they play Pokemon. I play Pokemon while watching a movie on the same screen so I'd like to leave my resolution normal. :/
Old October 18th, 2009 (09:26 AM).
Superkid11
Covered in Shroomish

That's what No$Zoomer is for. ;)
Old October 21st, 2009 (05:26 AM).
Chaos Uxie
Spreading Chaos....

Nature: Sassy
Quote originally posted by jellotime91:
Dudes the reason why people play with DesMume is because the window can actually be resized. I don't see why this feature is still missing from No$GBA. It's actually ridiculous that you can't resize the window. And not everyone wants to change their resolution every time they play Pokemon. I play Pokemon while watching a movie on the same screen so I'd like to leave my resolution normal. :/
u are wrong if u think people play with DesMume is because the window can actually be resized???thats not true since Desmume has lot of features that no$gba does not have for example the save type is accurate as the real ds,able to make own cheats.debugger funtions,microphone,hotkeys,movie recording,screens,gba slot, etc.the only thing desmume is down is because it is slow in 3d renderung but that can fixed with manual frameskip which desmume0.9.4 is better then no$gba since martin is now dead and there wont be any new release of no$gba
Old October 21st, 2009 (09:49 AM).
tifaluv

it isn't better than No$GBA because slow computers can't run DesMuMe but they can run No$GBA
Old March 26th, 2012 (05:28 PM).
faospark
web Developer

Nature: Adamant
Quote originally posted by Chaos Uxie:
since martin is now dead and there wont be any new release of no$gba
Is he really gone? I dont think he is dead I think he just gave up and practically left his own project. Unlike Yop Yop , the original creator desmume,whom had the magnanimity to release the source and desmume and let other people work on it

"Generating codes from Pokesav Does not earn you a title of a coder!!!
"
Action Replay Code Archive
Old November 3rd, 2013 (10:56 PM).
ClydeWood

Quote originally posted by Superkid11:
Yeah, I don't see why you're trying to get it working with Desmume. Desmume isn't really ready for it yet.

The only thing I can think of is you don't like No$GBA's apparently bad colors. Go into Emulation Setup and change GBA Mode to VGA (poppy bright) and Solar Sensor Level to Bright Sunlight. I don't know which of these actually does it, but it fixes the colors right up.
Thanks for sharing information.. I know thread is bit old but I am facing similar problem and now I will be able to solve it out.....
Old November 4th, 2013 (06:24 AM).
Team Fail
Fly with me
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Mods don't like it when you bump old threads, but to help you out, grab the latest version of Desmume from their site and toy around with the settings. One you should pay attention to is the Dynamic Recompiler. Enable it, then give it a block size of 100, and you should be able to play most games really smoothly. I'm running Black and White 2 with absolutely no lag whatsoever.

Do the best with whatever you can today.
Then tomorrow, you will have surely progressed.

Old November 4th, 2013 (08:21 AM).
Livewire

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Livewire
A three year bump then a one year bump. >___o

Closed

BSS | D&D | PM | VM
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links