The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 14th, 2012, 06:43 PM
pancakeonmyhead
Kpop Enthusiast

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to pancakeonmyhead

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Parka Girl View Post
To those with puzzle trouble: It's my policy not to give out answers (and I ask that others respect this within this thread itself - if you want to reveal answers, do it elsewhere XD ). However, a good hint is to always investigate things, even if they just seem like part of the dungeon's landscape. For example, "talk to" the pond in Tangle Thicket, and see if you can work out the rest of the puzzle
THANKYOU! I tend to miss the obvious.
But yes, more heal items would be very useful.
I'm currently walking around, paralysed, with 4hp, and no pp for Super Rising Thunder. At lvl15. Goddamn tilles.
I'M ABOUT TO TAKE ON THESE SPEAROW. O NOES.

The music is great by the way.

Amanda(Panda). Eighteen-ish. Australia.
Kpop Enthusiast. B2UTY. Awkward.
레그 아만다 제인

Old January 15th, 2012, 06:15 PM
Al3X
Pokemon Fan

Nature: Relaxed
This is great! but might i recommend for the future that you have an IPS patch, most people are more familiar with it. keep up the AMAZING work!

Old February 2nd, 2012, 11:52 AM
Sky
Trainer

No askings for patched roms , its forbidden !!!

Spoiler:
Other Hacks i am Like : Pokemon Breakdown, Pokemon Clover Green and Purple MInd, Pokemon Genesis , Pokemon Aurora, Pokemon Eissturm, Pokemon Lustrous Silver, Pokemon Rockets Revenge, Pokemon Underground, Shattered Dreams, Cosmo Heaven and Ruin Underground, Reign of Legends, Shiny Gold, Omega, MSB,

and other hacks
Old February 2nd, 2012, 01:05 PM
ChibiVamp
>>RETRO GAMER<<

Nature: Rash
I wasnt asking for a patched ROM.... What kind of berry-brain do you take me for.... I found the ROM and am now happily stuck with the first puzzle....

Edit: All done! Very good. The traps are frustrating though and so is the rarity of healing items. Other than that, I'd say this is gonna shape up to be one solid hack. Well done.

Last edited by ChibiVamp; February 2nd, 2012 at 01:51 PM. Reason: Finishing the pre-alpha/alpha
Old February 4th, 2012, 08:16 PM
SilverFern
Beginning Trainer

this is an amazing game so far, i cant wait until the full game is released.

one thing- i found a bit of a...glitch. when i fainted in Tangle Thicket, instead of sending me to the beginning or something, i was send to this glitch place. it was just a random bunch of tiles every where and there wasn't a way out. if you could fix that it be a bit better, and perhaps, like some other people said, there could be access to more healing items.

over all, best hack ive played so far, cant wait!
Old February 7th, 2012, 01:12 PM
BungiePhantom
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverFern View Post

one thing- i found a bit of a...glitch. when i fainted in Tangle Thicket, instead of sending me to the beginning or something, i was send to this glitch place. it was just a random bunch of tiles every where and there wasn't a way out. if you could fix that it be a bit better, and perhaps, like some other people said, there could be access to more healing items.

or at least put a sign in that area that reads "Missingno. was here, you're a loser"
Old February 9th, 2012, 01:37 PM
BungiePhantom
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverFern View Post

so i was investigating that glitch when

Old February 9th, 2012, 03:03 PM
Perri Lightfoot
Proud to hack Ruby Version!
Community Supporter Tier 5

I just want to repeat that I am well aware of what happens if you die outside of the first mini-dungeon (and indeed mentioned it in the post where I uploaded the patch). The reason for this glitch is that there are simply not enough flight positions in the game to serve my purposes, so I have to either figure out how to repoint the flight table and add in more positions, or come up with something else to have happen when you die (the solution at the moment? You spawn back in the room with Raikou, you talk to him, a script sends you back to where you were when you perished). Either way, this error will NOT exist in the actual alpha (as opposed to this pre-alpha), so don't worry - the Hero will be able to die with impunity soon enough. XD
Old February 9th, 2012, 04:16 PM
MUDKIPS4LIFE
Hack Player.

Great hack! I'm loving it, the storyline is very interesting, so far the gameplay is amazing, I'm in tangled thicket, I got the water, tried pouring in the hole but nothing it says "It just seeped into the ground" I don't want the answer to the puzzle but am I missing something?

Edit: Never mind I figured it out when I found out you could click on the sand

This ferocious beast is stronger then Chuck Norris. Bigger then Godzilla. He will crush you in seconds. He is a beast. That blush? Blood from a baby he ate earlier.

Last edited by MUDKIPS4LIFE; February 11th, 2012 at 07:42 PM.
Old February 14th, 2012, 08:58 AM
FirmanKun
Beginning Trainer

I like this hack game...
but, would you try the sprite of HGSS sprites?
Hope you can continue to make this game...
Old February 16th, 2012, 01:17 AM
BungiePhantom
Unhatched Egg

so me and a few friends tried it and there are only a couple improvements I can suggest

That trap square, is it possible for it to drain some PP not all of it?
Also can you make a sign or a hint that you have to interact with a part of the ground in the second dungeon? I tried filling that hole with water over ten times before I realized another key component was missing. Maybe add a bit more to the text of what you say when it seeps uselessly to the ground

Otherwise you're breaking the mold with this rom hack, I pray you keep going!
Old February 25th, 2012, 11:17 PM
kyo23
Kaede Aragaki

Nature: Quiet
I hope you'll finish this hack! >.<

Old February 29th, 2012, 10:33 PM
Alex
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Alex
This storyline is absolutely awesome… And I thought my hack plots were decent ^.^'; Seriously though, excellent work Parka!

I'd like to just ask, do you know the characterizations of Alpha, Beta, and Gamma development stages? Technically this would be a quite developed alpha already – What you referred to as an alpha would technically be a beta — Correct me if I'm wrong though ;D You can look up what dignifies alpha, beta, gamma, and full releases at this article ;].
Old March 1st, 2012, 02:10 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexTheRose View Post
This storyline is absolutely awesome… And I thought my hack plots were decent ^.^'; Seriously though, excellent work Parka!

I'd like to just ask, do you know the characterizations of Alpha, Beta, and Gamma development stages? Technically this would be a quite developed alpha already – What you referred to as an alpha would technically be a beta — Correct me if I'm wrong though ;D You can look up what dignifies alpha, beta, gamma, and full releases at this article ;].
We, hackers, classify hack phases only into 3 stages: Alpha (in other meanings demo ), Beta (the part with decent storyline at least 1 badge (in this case I guess... some really important event), which has more phases (1,2,...) and the final version
We do not use Gamma stage

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old March 3rd, 2012, 11:50 AM
Alex
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Alex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post

We, hackers, classify hack phases only into 3 stages: Alpha (in other meanings demo ), Beta (the part with decent storyline at least 1 badge (in this case I guess... some really important event), which has more phases (1,2,...) and the final version
We do not use Gamma stage
As sound as those rule are, it's not official standard in the hacking community, and people aren't required to follow it . Koolboyman's Rijon Adventures recently had a Christmas and a 2009 beta, both of which aren't 1, 2, 3 standards. Hinkage's Pokémon 2Awesome Version is an actual gamma release, and my progressing hack follows an old version numbering standard (x.xx) with alpha, beta, and gamma stages defined from the article I mentioned.

The point is, there are many ways to define the progress in a hack other than how you mentioned .
Old March 26th, 2012, 01:40 PM
FRANKTANK

not sure if this has been addressed or not, but there's a rock that when you press A on, it just says random symbols
Old March 28th, 2012, 03:23 PM
instanthaschen
Bug Catcher

Played up to your beep boop puzzle today, and love the direction of this romhack. Thought I did something wrong, so was coming here for an answer how to advance, but now I see it is just pretty much the end of your pre-Alpha demo. A couple suggestions if I may is that first you tone down some of the traps. A poison trap on the main screen can be absolutely brutal if you don't have an antidote berry on you. Also, as someone else mentioned, the Slowpoke trap should eventually wear off. Maybe just tweak the effect spore trap so it can only Burn, Paralyze, and Sleep, not Freeze or Poison. If you don't want to do that, add more Antidote berries or always keep status curing berries around effect spore traps, which would also be neat knowing there's always a cure nearby. A part of me also hates the traps that take my items, not so much money, but precious items away. Maybe you could make it possible to choose an item to drop to get away rather than it randomly taking that PP restore berry you were just about to use etc.? Then, some sort of reliable way of healing would also be nice, but you might be tring to avoid that entirely. Like a bed in Pachirisu's House or something. Just something you could use in town, but again you might be excluding that to avoid people grinding. Lastly, the text at the beginning of the game was a bit overwhelming before the first fight. Maybe you could either add a comical fight at the beginning like fighting the Great Black One or just something to break it up real quick without any real EXP gain, so the text doesn't wall you immediately. Just have the fight give you 1 EXP or something, and have it as a way for people playing for the first time to know it is standard battle mechanics. Anyways, thank you for creating a fun little time killer for now, and I look forward to more when you get to it.
Old March 29th, 2012, 12:53 PM
blackmage856

I hope your still working on this, it's one of the more unique hacks out there, especially considering the character development that's involved.

Old March 31st, 2012, 06:14 PM
Dragenrder
Unhatched Egg

Great work! i love how this is turning out! i saw this and read all 14 pages for this!

And on a side note, When i tried to patch it using a few of the ruby Roms (yes i did search for the AXVE version) it told me that there was an error, could someone please post/pm the link for the Rom that was used/works for this game?
Old April 3rd, 2012, 07:05 PM
bobrocks14
Beginning Trainer

i'm stuck! D: i'm at the place where you chase the pidgeotto cause she stole the cold god from the elder bug...and there's a hole blocking what i believe to be is the exit...what do i fill it up with to cross over it? i've been on this for hours. help? thanks~

--apple
Old April 7th, 2012, 03:40 AM
HyperKiller
What if..?

hey, i got a question, when i patch the ups file it says the "Input checksum is invalid" can someone help?

Last edited by HyperKiller; April 7th, 2012 at 03:45 AM. Reason: sudden thing happened during patch
Old April 7th, 2012, 11:31 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperKiller View Post
hey, i got a question, when i patch the ups file it says the "Input checksum is invalid" can someone help?
You need different ROM.
The one you are using is probably wrong.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old April 10th, 2012, 04:50 PM
Sabitsuki
Beginning Trainer

I made it to the end of pre-alpha!

Really, I love what you've done with this. It's a nice break from the cut-and-paste formula of the Pokemon games. However, I have to agree that Tangle Thicket was a little frustrating. I had no idea that you could pick up the sand until someone mentioned it in this thread.

I think there should be a few more healing berries available in dungeons, and there should definitely be something in each town you can heal with(perhaps a Pachirisu in each town, and you can use their bed?)
If there were healing areas in towns, then you wouldn't need to use berries to do all your healing, and then you could save them for emergency moments.

Over all, I really liked this hack. I'm eagerly waiting for the rest. c:
Old April 11th, 2012, 05:38 PM
Fullbring64
Beginning Trainer

The hell This the game I am looking for ages diffirent story line and one eyed pikachu I am llooking for that kind of plot and you add thw world is being destroyed it awesome it can be a Pokemon Land of ruin
Old April 12th, 2012, 08:58 AM
Dragenrder
Unhatched Egg

Momo will be avenged.... all Spearow will die by my hand....

This hack is great! Hack of the Year potential right here! this is one of the few alphas ive ever played, it usually bugs me that i cant finish it but this satisfied me :p. There should be a way to heal your team, and make it so that the first town you go into accept you, or something, maybe bring back that Nidoran that was taken by the slavers?

A few Pokemon should be intelligent enough to get farming and move by the Hunter Gather-er stage, like Alakazam and stuff, doesn't it have an IQ of about 5,000? basic farming perhaps? so that you can buy stuff or trade... something like that

oh and not sure if your aware of this but the Seneret in the first forest give a ton of Exp, i got to level 18 before figuring out the puzzle. (which i did by myself
3/6 Pokemon
Pokemon Fire Red
The One that got Away
Team Pending

Pokemon Ruby

Hacks I Support

Sponsored Links

Advertise here