The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 17th, 2012, 06:10 AM
lizzzz
I want to be the very best!

Nature: Relaxed

Advertise here
ahhh!! yay!! I'm so happy for a new version to play!! I love all the creativity and thoughtfulness that you've put into this game. I just want to say that it is a real treasure. Good luck on everything, and I will be sure to sing you more praises after I finish the new alpha!
Old December 17th, 2012, 10:05 AM
MoonsAreBlue
Unhatched Egg

Thanks for the video on the puzzle. I'm still having a problem though. When I move the second stone into place (the middle one), I press A on it, and I don't get a message saying it's in the right place. When I complete the puzzle, both of the outside stones say they are in the right place, nothing on the middle stone, and the game doesn't send me to the next area. Can you help me out? I followed the video exactly as you posted twice and got the same results both times.
Old December 17th, 2012, 03:47 PM
U.Flame
Brony Hacker

Nature: Jolly
I was wondering, what effect does/will the info you choose at the beginning have?(Speaking of, the catchphrase that was supposed to be random at the start said "unavoidable train". Lol, I'm keeping that.)

The choice of virtue, catchphrase, and even the possibility to steal berries from the sleeping Pokemon, are there effects to these later?

Yay my username is accurate now! Also holy crap I just realized Unbeatable was misspelled for the longest time! Fixed. xp

Times I've been ninja'd: 17
Times I've ninja'd people: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by drarixio View Post
Unbeatable Flame would make a pokemon trainer run outta breath in the anime:
Unbeatable Flame, Flamethrower.
Unbeatable Flame, Sky Uppercut.
Unbeatable Flame, this.
Unbeatable Flame, that.
Un*pant*beatable---Flame, hooollaaa
Un-un-un-un--bea-bee....*Pokemon trainer fainted*
Old December 17th, 2012, 04:23 PM
Knitewulf
Unhatched Egg

I cannot wait for the Alpha version this sounds like an amazing game
Old December 17th, 2012, 11:32 PM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Have not you checked previous page. PPG ha finally released it. Where are you living???
Old December 18th, 2012, 12:19 AM
GXS
<---Following Red ;P

Quote:
@GXS: THANK YOU for bringing that bug to my attention! That is one I did not know about (Dying to the Vulpix is supposed to return you to the start of Blackriver - I know just what the problem is. I forgot to fix the flight position when I had to script and map this dungeon over again due to the ROM breaking; and when work gives me a break I'll release a patch with this bug repaired as soon as I can Until then, I recommend everyone save before challenging Argo the Vulpix, and to simply reload if they die.
No problem, like I said I really wanna see this rom do well because it has so much potential :D

~Credit To Impo For The Beautiful Trainer Card~
Old December 18th, 2012, 07:50 AM
MoosePlus
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonsAreBlue View Post
Thanks for the video on the puzzle. I'm still having a problem though. When I move the second stone into place (the middle one), I press A on it, and I don't get a message saying it's in the right place. When I complete the puzzle, both of the outside stones say they are in the right place, nothing on the middle stone, and the game doesn't send me to the next area. Can you help me out? I followed the video exactly as you posted twice and got the same results both times.
ahh shucks sadly i've the same problem! =( (except the stone on the right gives the "come back later" message)
btw PPG i think it'll be a good idea to edit the start of your thread to include the release of the alpha so that more people would know about it =)
Old December 18th, 2012, 01:04 PM
GXS
<---Following Red ;P

I agree about updating the title page :D

~Credit To Impo For The Beautiful Trainer Card~
Old December 18th, 2012, 01:07 PM
Perri Lightfoot
Proud to hack Ruby Version!
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Modest
@Those having problems with the puzzle: I did playtest this (of course XD ) and didn't have any problems then - but obviously something's gone wrong in between making the video and making the patch. I can't look into this until I get home from work but I just wanted to post and say thanks for reporting it, all of you; and that I haven't been ignoring you guys I'll also try and get a bugfix patch out ASAP to deal with this and the Vulpix-death glitch.
Old December 18th, 2012, 03:20 PM
MoonsAreBlue
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Parka Girl View Post
@Those having problems with the puzzle: I did playtest this (of course XD ) and didn't have any problems then - but obviously something's gone wrong in between making the video and making the patch. I can't look into this until I get home from work but I just wanted to post and say thanks for reporting it, all of you; and that I haven't been ignoring you guys I'll also try and get a bugfix patch out ASAP to deal with this and the Vulpix-death glitch.
Thank you for looking into it! It seems MoosePlus and I have the exact same problem. I forgot to mention that the stone on the right says to come back to it later.
Old December 18th, 2012, 10:49 PM
MoosePlus
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonsAreBlue View Post
Thank you for looking into it! It seems MoosePlus and I have the exact same problem. I forgot to mention that the stone on the right says to come back to it later.
haha at least we now know that the problem is the same! so there'd be less problems to look into i hope!
oh and thanks very much PPG for looking into the bug =)
Old December 18th, 2012, 11:17 PM
alienhunterx

At least put the alpha release on the first page PPG. Most people I heard leave this thread without downloading the alpha as they don't know about it's release yet.
Old December 21st, 2012, 09:21 PM
mew_nani
Flying out of the sun...

Slight problem.

I tried downloading and applying the alpha patch but I kept getting a "Invalid checksum!" error. I tried applying it and ignoring the error and tried the ROM but it spazzed out. Can you reupload the patch please? T^T

EDIT: Nevermind, it works now. Must have been a bad ROM.

DX

Well I found a rather hazardous bug: if you defeat Freya while poisoned and die of poison in PikPik Grove you'll be teleported back to the dungeon. If you solve the puzzle and exit the dungeon neither Freya nor the exit portal will be there and you will be stuck, unable to continue.

(press SPACE to continue.)
I support

By DarkDoom3000.
-The Vending Machine (Click me please!)-
-Let's Play/Torture/Screw Around With: Pokémon Red Version!

Last edited by mew_nani; December 21st, 2012 at 11:05 PM.
Old December 23rd, 2012, 11:59 PM
Dylanrockin
Mysterious Trainer

Nature: Timid
So... I whited out at the start of the first main dungeon, because I couldn't find anywhere to heal. And I was sent to this glitchy area where I couldnt leave, it was the first mini-dungeon and I couldn't do anything but run around a glitchy mess of tiles.
Old December 24th, 2012, 12:19 AM
alienhunterx

Yeah probably she will be back after a day or two. You know she might have known this bug
Old December 25th, 2012, 09:54 PM
Perri Lightfoot

Bugfix patch!

In response to continued death glitch bugs, I played through this entirely once more, allowing myself to die on as many maps as possible, and the only place I had any issues at all was death to Argo the Vulpix (which has now been fixed). Dying in a Mini-Dungeon spawned me back in a mini-dungeon, dying in Pikpik Grove took me back to the entrance of Pikpik Grove, and so on. Death due to poisoning in unusual areas such as on the World Map or after an important flag is set but before moving to a different map that would reset the spawn point (such as in the Freya example above) could admittedly lead to issues though, and it's honesty something I'd never thought of ' If you're poisoned and have zero way to heal, it's better to let yourself die before triggering important scripts or battles if at all possible, and I''ll see if scripting differently can lead to a fix.
Old December 26th, 2012, 06:35 AM
MoosePlus
Unhatched Egg

the patch does work...thanks a million! =)
Old December 26th, 2012, 07:45 AM
Dylanrockin
Mysterious Trainer

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Parka Girl View Post
Bugfix patch!

In response to continued death glitch bugs, I played through this entirely once more, allowing myself to die on as many maps as possible, and the only place I had any issues at all was death to Argo the Vulpix (which has now been fixed). Dying in a Mini-Dungeon spawned me back in a mini-dungeon, dying in Pikpik Grove took me back to the entrance of Pikpik Grove, and so on. Death due to poisoning in unusual areas such as on the World Map or after an important flag is set but before moving to a different map that would reset the spawn point (such as in the Freya example above) could admittedly lead to issues though, and it's honesty something I'd never thought of ' If you're poisoned and have zero way to heal, it's better to let yourself die before triggering important scripts or battles if at all possible, and I''ll see if scripting differently can lead to a fix.
Problem with the bugfix, I can't apply since it is just a "file" not an IPS or UPS file patch, unless there is something that I am not seeing.
Old December 26th, 2012, 02:03 PM
naruto4000

having same problem as dylanrockin
Old December 26th, 2012, 11:53 PM
alienhunterx

Hey PPG what sort of file you putted in the rar file. There is nothing which could run it.. Fix it please
Old December 26th, 2012, 11:57 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
Hey PPG what sort of file you putted in the rar file. There is nothing which could run it.. Fix it please
zip file is not rar but can be extracted by using rar extracting programs as well.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old December 27th, 2012, 12:18 AM
MoosePlus
Unhatched Egg

guys just extract the file, add the extension .ups to it, then use it as a normal patch, patch it as you would (i used a clean ruby axve rom as usual), then rename your save file to the same name as the newest rom (the one that just got patched), and then you're ready to play =)
or maybe there's a quicker method? at least this one worked for me
Old December 27th, 2012, 01:49 AM
Perri Lightfoot

Obviously, something went wrong with the patch I've had no Internet access from my computer for days now (other than a brief trip to Starbucks to post the patch) and am writing this from an iPhone. Needless to say, I can't reupload immediately. In the meantime, extract the file from the .zip and manually add the .ups extension (Google can point you to sites with tutorials on how to edit a file's extension if you don't know how) and patch to a clean Ruby (AXVE) ROM as usual. I'll post a bugfix for the .zip (ironic, I know!) as soon as I can!
Old December 27th, 2012, 05:18 PM
Binoachinx
Unhatched Egg

Hey, I have some questions regarding this ROM.

When I download it through the link provided in the original post, it gives me a .zip file which, when unzipped, results in a 1.5 mB file named after the hack, without any .gba extension. Is this normal? I thought ROMs were bigger than that.

Other than that, the ROM seems really cool, keep up the good work!
Old December 27th, 2012, 11:49 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binoachinx View Post
Hey, I have some questions regarding this ROM.

When I download it through the link provided in the original post, it gives me a .zip file which, when unzipped, results in a 1.5 mB file named after the hack, without any .gba extension. Is this normal? I thought ROMs were bigger than that.

Other than that, the ROM seems really cool, keep up the good work!
Because it's not a ROM for god's sake...
Distributing ROMs is against the rules.
The file you get is a patch, UPS one, it seems, you need to use patching program and patch a ROM.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here