The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Emulation & ROM Hacking > Hacks Showcase > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 20th, 2013, 09:05 AM
Charcoal1
Unhatched Egg

*starts game... listens to theme played and looks a pretty flower.... realizes where the music is from*

FINAL FANTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSYYY!
Just for that, this game is going well! Great work!
Old May 4th, 2013, 11:57 AM
U_Flame
Brony Hacker

Location: UnderwaterSapphire in Hoenn 100 years in the future
Will we see progress updates in pics or videos, or are we being kept in the dark for anticipation?
Welp, just when I really got back into hacking, my computer breaks for good. Nothing is cancelled or lost, just on hiatus until I can put my backup somewhere. I'll probably be active around here via android for now.

Times I've been ninja'd: 16
Times I've ninja'd people: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by drarixio View Post
Unbeatable Flame would make a pokemon trainer run outta breath in the anime:
Unbeatable Flame, Flamethrower.
Unbeatable Flame, Sky Uppercut.
Unbeatable Flame, this.
Unbeatable Flame, that.
Un*pant*beatable---Flame, hooollaaa
Un-un-un-un--bea-bee....*Pokemon trainer fainted*
Old May 5th, 2013, 05:01 AM
Teanji
Wielder of the Sol Blade!

Nature: Quirky
I really like the different spin on the hack, it adds a fair bit of interest as opposed to all of the others that simply follow the tried and true Gyms/Elite4 route.
Old May 5th, 2013, 06:34 AM
TheFishHead2313
Pokemon Rom Editor[Begginer]

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to TheFishHead2313
this freakin awesome great job .. oh wait .. i mean awesome job XD
Old May 6th, 2013, 09:52 PM
Shadowraze
Vaas Montenegro

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Shadowraze
I was wondering when I downloaded the patch it was only a file not a .ups so you better change that Pink Parka Girl or some members might not be able to play the hack. :3

Old May 7th, 2013, 12:53 AM
Unconditionally
Let Go and Just Be Free

It would be cool if you put a bigger hint on the dungeon with the hole. I kept getting the water and putting it in the hole for ages. Didn't know you had to talk to the sand. It wasn't really obvious that you can talk to the sand to get the other resources so it would be cool if we had another hint in that dungeon.Anyways, I'd love to see how this hack is doing. Looks good so far.
Old May 7th, 2013, 01:02 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowraze View Post
I was wondering when I downloaded the patch it was only a file not a .ups so you better change that Pink Parka Girl or some members might not be able to play the hack. :3
PPG already posted a fix IIRC... it should be zip file.
Old May 10th, 2013, 01:40 PM
FlamesofTruth
Queen of Randomness

I can't figure out how to extract the file and turn it into ups. I've looked online and found nothing. Help?
Old May 11th, 2013, 12:54 PM
Perri Lightfoot
Proud to hack Ruby Version!

Nature: Modest
Apologies for not getting to this far, far sooner; but here is a bugfix for the bugfix - with the extension for the file inside the .zip archive possessing the .ups extension. No need to fiddle around and change it manually, all you have to do is unzip and patch now Again, this is a .ups and not an .ips due to the game being an expanded ROM, so you will need a .ups patcher.

In terms of game progress, most of it lately has not been in the scripting or mapping department, but more behind-the-scenes modding - namely, porting a lot of the new move research that's been posted here on this forum for Fire Red into this Ruby ROM. You've already seen one new move playing the second Alpha, not counting Super Rising Thunder itself (Nasty Plot, with Amnesia's animation) but there are many more now.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Pokemon Rising Thunder Alpha 2 (bugfix).zip‎ (958.1 KB, 3512 views)

Last edited by Perri Lightfoot; May 11th, 2013 at 01:25 PM.
Old May 11th, 2013, 09:42 PM
Shadowraze
Vaas Montenegro

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Shadowraze
Ok, I finished the hack a couple of days ago and I can say that this hack is fantastic. :3

The puzzle at the end is just a pain. :3 It took me an about an hour to finish all those freaking puzzles.

Also you should put somewhere that you should talk to all the rocks when you have placed them in the right order. Since on the second to the last puzzle I got stuck because I didn't talk to the rock inside.

Anyways keep it up and I hope for a beta soooooooooooooooooooooon! :3

Old May 13th, 2013, 01:08 AM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
She was referring earlier that we have to hear the order of the sounds in order to complete that Rock Puzzle
Old May 13th, 2013, 05:25 AM
LFCAmmy
Unhatched Egg

Send a message via Skype™ to LFCAmmy
nyc game....world of pikachu
Hello guyz is there any one who knows how to change the tiles????? M thinking of changing the tiles and starting from vry beginning if any one knows how to change tiles and make a title screen plz contact me......and yeah the route will look same as the screenshot only tiles and ow's will be different anyways thx in advance
Old May 16th, 2013, 01:55 AM
shreyanshvalentino

Awesome hack!!
looking forward to seeing more of updates
Old May 16th, 2013, 02:42 AM
4thGenAce:D
I don't live by my name...

Nature: Jolly
I haven't played this game yet, so I don't know if this has to do with the plot but, a diversity of electric pokemon to choose from to start with looks nice.

Finished playing more than 45+ hacked and official Pokemon games altogether. :D
I have never tried hacking.. But I have lots of kinda "wacky" ideas for some. *sigh*

"I don't live by my name, but at least I can exceed your expectations. "

I may make Youtube walkthroughs about some games, you could suggest. I just need the appropriate tools.

Follow me on Twitter: @WhatevaBlahBlah
Add me as a friend on Facebook: [email protected]
Old May 16th, 2013, 10:43 PM
alienhunterx

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thGenAce:D View Post
I haven't played this game yet, so I don't know if this has to do with the plot but, a diversity of electric pokemon to choose from to start with looks nice.
The game features much like those Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games where you are a Pichu which travels around to defend it's tribe from other Pokes
Old May 29th, 2013, 09:11 PM
Casavult
Unhatched Egg

Really cool game. Keep up the great work!
Old June 3rd, 2013, 10:37 PM
alienhunterx

It's quite a time now that SRT got the update. How long would be for the next beta PPG?
Old June 17th, 2013, 12:18 PM
Pikarawrification
Unhatched Egg

It wont let me play xc. I ve downloaded it, extracted it, and my visualboy advance say it cant support it. . ?
Old June 17th, 2013, 07:44 PM
Perri Lightfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikarawrification View Post
It wont let me play xc. I ve downloaded it, extracted it, and my visualboy advance say it cant support it. . ?
Did you patch the .ups file inside the zip over a ROM? If you haven't, you'd have to do that before trying anything else, since the patch itself can't be read by an emulator - it's just a file that contains the changes I made to the base Ruby ROM. Google "apply UPS patch" if you need steps on how to do this. If you HAVE done this step, however, you would have to try patching the .ups file to a different Ruby ROM; as the version you're using is obviously incompatible (though in cases like this VBA usually just white or blackscreens rather than display a message).

And to everyone else - I have been working on Super Rising Thunder!, but the game's status is still where it was the last time I updated - I've been doing nothing but insert new moves and new animations (it's time consuming. ...Very time consuming), and generally just mucking about with movesets and the like. Once this stuff is finished I can get back to the dungeons and towns and the game's actual plot progression rather than the engine of the thing, but I'm being forced to take a break due to the graphics card in my laptop giving out - it's been shipped out to the manufacturer for repairs; and it'll probably be another week to ten days before I have it back. But as soon as I actually have information of worth to post, rest assured that I will post it - though it may take a little while longer than I'd like due to this setback.

And yes, I'm aware that a few days ago the Pokémon Adventures/Pokémon Special manga revealed that the Super Rising Thunder move that is both the source name and inspiration for this hack had been nothing more than Volt Tackle all along. I was not pleased to find that out and am still a little sore about it (as the creator of this hack and a fan of Special both); but I suppose this means the move will be keeping its Volt Tackle animation rather than gaining a new one like I had planned. It will not, however, gain Volt Tackle's recoil back; and the move will still be treated as if it's something rare, powerful and special within the universe of the hack as it's far too late to retcon this by forcing the story to fit the new information. After all, a Volt Tackle where you don't hurt yourself in the bargain is still something remarkable; especially when you're a pichu and prone to hurting yourself with electricity in the first place. In fact, I suppose I could even make it a plot point if need be...

Last edited by Perri Lightfoot; June 18th, 2013 at 01:11 AM.
Old July 3rd, 2013, 03:46 PM
Superemon
EmDee

that is amazing, custom pichu? impressive, this reminds me of one of the ruby destiny series hack, i like it, keep it up
Old July 3rd, 2013, 06:01 PM
Damned

I'm getting a very Final Fantasy IV type vibe from this hack and that happens to be one of my favorite games of all time, so definitely keep up the good work.
Old July 10th, 2013, 06:47 PM
Teh_Do0d

i found this weird glitch where when i entered in this house that a spearow level 14 attacked me, i went inside i used a oran berry to heal me then i found myself blocking the door way and i was controlling another pichu then i went down tried to talk to it and it didnt work i reset the game nothing happend i gone so pretty far i guess XD but i want this glitch to be gone im not sure if its a glitch or not .
Old July 10th, 2013, 10:30 PM
alienhunterx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Do0d View Post
i found this weird glitch where when i entered in this house that a spearow level 14 attacked me, i went inside i used a oran berry to heal me then i found myself blocking the door way and i was controlling another pichu then i went down tried to talk to it and it didnt work i reset the game nothing happend i gone so pretty far i guess XD but i want this glitch to be gone im not sure if its a glitch or not .
You can always get the help from Walk through Walls cheat you know if Ruby supports it.
Old July 10th, 2013, 11:59 PM
NostalgiaFreak
That one Trainer

Could someone tell me how I am supposed to convert the .ups file to a gba file so I can play this?

EDIT: My bad, I should've read the posts in the forum before asking.

Last edited by NostalgiaFreak; July 11th, 2013 at 12:38 AM.
Old July 12th, 2013, 04:33 AM
Perri Lightfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Do0d View Post
I just repeated your steps (inside Elder Rega's house, where the Spearow guard had been blocking) and what you described did happen. The reason it happened is that Ruby version has a strange behavior quirk, in that there are two different "look down" commands for sprite positions inside Advance Map. Selecting the first "look down" instead of the second can cause the event you just described - entering the map is fine; but reload the map for any reason and the looking-down sprite switches to look like the player (but with its original pallete) and you're now in control of it. It would take someone who knows the engine better than I do to explain why it happens, but the thing that's important to us is that it does happen D: Anyway, the map of that particular area has existed inside the game since 2009, back when I didn't know the difference between the two look down commands, and it was something that was never corrected because I never thought to. D: But thanks so much for bringing it to my attention! I changed the sprite facing command in Advance Map and the glitch no longer happens, and now that I know this could be a potential issue I'll go back to the oldest maps and double check that any sprites that are facing downwards are actually using the correct command. It's an easy mistake to make, which is what makes input like yours so valuable. Thank you for alerting me to this!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links