The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 17th, 2013, 06:53 PM
ubermola
He of the Obscure References

Advertise here
This is an excellent hack. It is different from pritty much every other Pokemon game that i have played. I love the "post-apocolyptic watership down meats mystary dungeon" vibe. I have a few question, observations, and suggestions. firstly, you could fix the "no way to check the leading pokemon's gender for dialog" problem by setting each species' gender ratio to 100% (which the player will not notice as they will only ever get one of each species), and then checking the species of the party leader when dialog must be gender based. Additionally, i think that the sound based puzzle in the multicolored woods should have a clue pointing to the fact that it is sound based in the dialog, for people who play on mute for whatever reason. Lastly, the rock puzzle in the dream world will not register as complete if the boulders are not placed onto the "correct" switches, even if all boulders are placed on switches. Additionally, what happens to your sibling at the beginning reminded me of what happens to the main charachter's brother in the begining on "mother 3". Were you inspired by this?
If I am magnetic, then everything is magnetic. I am colder than everything that is colder than everything. I am fourth elector to the high council of the grand panjandrum. Only one of the above statements is false.
Old July 19th, 2013, 01:37 PM
Capitalist Ness

Nature: Relaxed
I've just played this game, and well...
Here it is, in a nutshell.
http://i.imgur.com/by8v0Sl.jpg
Old July 21st, 2013, 08:13 PM
ubermola
He of the Obscure References

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame View Post
I've just played this game, and well...
honestly, i should have mentioned this as well. While I can deal with the occasional annoying puzzle, the harder puzzles were certainly not positives. The puzzles were mostly fine except for the boulder pushing puzzles.( although to long stick puzzle was a bit on the lengthy side.) However, the boulder pushing puzzles took me something like 2 hours with savestates. The last one especially took far too long. I would honestly recomend using a ruby wtw code to short cut to the boss fight. It would be a good idea to at least remove the last stage of the puzzle. Also, for the future, any puzzle that could reasonably be expected to take 50 or so tries should have it's difficulty toned down if it is mandatory. (optional brainbusters are fine)
If I am magnetic, then everything is magnetic. I am colder than everything that is colder than everything. I am fourth elector to the high council of the grand panjandrum. Only one of the above statements is false.
Old July 22nd, 2013, 03:12 AM
Sazen

Perfect. This game is made to perfection. I absolutely love sokoban puzzles along with the very unique elements which make this game one hell of a unique pokemon sequel to a post apocalyptic society where pokemons and humans used to co-exist with one another. However, I am unable to transfer my .sav file over to the new alpha 2 patched rom. I wouldn't mind playing the whole thing again but I would greatly appreciate it if there is a solution to address my issue.
Old July 22nd, 2013, 07:47 AM
Perri Lightfoot
Proud to hack Ruby Version!
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Modest
The puzzles were meant to be difficult but not frustratingly obtuse - that certainly wasn't my aim, and I wouldn't want it to be a problem that hampers with people's fun. What I think my problem is is that the puzzles got too difficult too quickly, without much of a learning curve, and that's really not a good game design choice when I sit down and think about the project critically. The secret room puzzle's easy enough when you actually get the cues, but throwing complex Sokoban designs at the player and not making it obvious enough (though I did try to make it as clear as I could without flat-out giving the answer away) that parts of the landscape can be interacted with? That's my bad, and this is why I need comments like this to get better. There can be time later in the game for the tricky, complex Sokoban designs and maps with only the barest of hints - after you've learned in far easier stages what to do. And that's the key I've been missing. This is essentially the equivalent of Petalburg Woods that's been reached plot-wise so far; I shouldn't have been demanding so much from players so early on.

As I've mentioned before, I've been doing mainly under-the-hood hacking on this game lately. Level curve and battles have been the big one (now that the game has 4th and 5th gen moves in it); but puzzles are an important key too. Why would an average, non-puzzle loving person want to keep playing when EVERY PART gets so hard so quickly? It's bad enough you can only heal on certain tiles or through invisible hidden berries, and that there's traps lurking in every corner to make your life miserable. You don't need late-game difficulty puzzles slapped on top of you at the same time.

I appreciate the input, and expect the new beta to feature toned down puzzles (Those who love the puzzles, don't you worry one bit! The hard ones will start to come back when you get further into the game, but it'll be at a more natural rate this time - not everyone's good with puzzles, so slowing the process down will allow these players to learn and get comfortable gradually) and a better level curve - those spearow leveled the Hero up very quickly, more quickly than he really should have been. As for when it will be released? ...No idea of that yet. Knowing me, probably December - but maybe sooner. You never know!
Old July 22nd, 2013, 10:36 PM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazen View Post
Perfect. This game is made to perfection. I absolutely love sokoban puzzles along with the very unique elements which make this game one hell of a unique pokemon sequel to a post apocalyptic society where pokemons and humans used to co-exist with one another. However, I am unable to transfer my .sav file over to the new alpha 2 patched rom. I wouldn't mind playing the whole thing again but I would greatly appreciate it if there is a solution to address my issue.
You have to rename your old save exactly as with the new patched ROM in order to play with old save
Old July 29th, 2013, 09:23 PM
OPSdoesLPs

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to OPSdoesLPs
How long does the recent alpha go up too?

http://www.youtube.com/user/SacredFireNegro
Old August 2nd, 2013, 01:29 PM
Bladius9

I really like the Idea of this! I think it could be used to create something like Mystery Dungeon!
Old August 9th, 2013, 07:22 AM
Caramel-O
The dark Cheetah

Nature: Calm
So Cool! cant wait the last version!!!!!!!!!
Old August 13th, 2013, 09:29 PM
PokeReject
Great Pokémon Reject

Nature: Quirky
I've really missed this game, it was great while tough . Now that I've read that we might get a beta, I can't wait . Good luck with the whole game Pink Parka Girl!!
Old August 15th, 2013, 07:36 AM
TotallyShweetAwesome
The Awesome

Nature: Jolly
Im really excited to see what this becomes! the start is amazing, needs to carry on nowww!!!! :D
Old August 24th, 2013, 11:10 AM
CrystallizedCat

Hello! I'm new to this site, so I'm still rather confused on how to download, because all I see is ad's. Thanks in advance c:

I'm not ashamed that I'm a hardcore Pokemon fan~
Old August 24th, 2013, 11:57 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystallizedCat View Post
Hello! I'm new to this site, so I'm still rather confused on how to download, because all I see is ad's. Thanks in advance c:
Get a AddBlock.
And in most cases download button is not big "DOWNLOAD" as in adds...
It's in attachments or in links.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old August 26th, 2013, 11:33 PM
awipe1

Hey man just letting you know this hack looks great!
Cool nice unique idea!
Keep up the great work!

Also I'm currently looking for a spriter for my ROM. Someone who can make OWs and possibly trainer sprites (I might make those myself). Message me if you would like to be a part of Pokemon Battle Brown!
NOTE: You wouldn't be designing your own sprites, I would be telling you what I needed, and you would make it for me ... as appealing as that sounds. I know it doesn't sound like a fun task, but if you want to be a part of this ROM, then that's what will happen. Also I would like to see some stuff you have made before I accept your offer.
Old August 27th, 2013, 04:19 AM
Hound of Justice
Banned

Nature: Naughty
Cant get it to work on mobile emus
Old August 30th, 2013, 01:13 AM
alienhunterx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElitePokes View Post
Cant get it to work on mobile emus
I mainly play ROMs on my mobile. Try VbagX. It's a mini VBA for me and you cannot run in this emulator but everything other than this works like a beauty
Old August 30th, 2013, 10:17 AM
gg8helper
Not a Glaceon.

I wish I could actually make a decent hack. I can only change sprites, placement of tiles, a small bit of dialog, and the starters (but not the rival's starter). And then when I try to make a warp tile, it glitches often when playing.

I've had an idea for a storyline for a while, but the only problem is that I can't change much and hacks, and don't understand a bit of scripting. What programs do you use? :3

Rom Hacking?

Me: WTF WHAT IS A 0x00??? Oh wait, that's my favorite color...uh durr.

Still don't understand scripting. xD

Run.
Old August 31st, 2013, 12:21 AM
alienhunterx

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg8helper View Post
I wish I could actually make a decent hack. I can only change sprites, placement of tiles, a small bit of dialog, and the starters (but not the rival's starter). And then when I try to make a warp tile, it glitches often when playing.

I've had an idea for a storyline for a while, but the only problem is that I can't change much and hacks, and don't understand a bit of scripting. What programs do you use? :3
Get help from ROM hacking section. Otherwise she might have mentioned her hacking tools on the first page of this thread
Old August 31st, 2013, 04:36 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg8helper View Post

This is a thread about specific hack, you need to direct your hacking questions to threads in different sections.
And programs are in Toolbox...

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old August 31st, 2013, 10:22 AM
Hound of Justice
Banned

Nature: Naughty
I managed to make it work on android but now i can go to menu screen where a message pop ups and says something about clearing save or data then my game restarts and i get the same message again and again
Old September 8th, 2013, 01:41 PM
speedking535

Is this hack still going on and if so when will it be done
Old September 9th, 2013, 12:17 AM
alienhunterx

No one knows clearly about that as the creator seldom addresses her thread but I think she is still working on this hack slowly
Old September 9th, 2013, 07:03 PM
Dark_Thunder
Meet The Team! Team Infinity!

Nature: Relaxed
Awesome Work! Keep It Up! I Like The Game So Far. I Can't Wait To Play The Full Version When It Comes Out!!!
Old September 11th, 2013, 06:42 AM
Salamence™
Gen 3♥

How far is the game?
Spoiler:
I Hope it is Long

Fc: 3239-3600-0005
Feel Free to add me.
Just Pm if you do

Old September 11th, 2013, 09:19 AM
PokeReject
Great Pokémon Reject

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skulle View Post
How far is the game?
Spoiler:
I Hope it is Long
If memory serves me correctly, it's about one puzzle long, since it was an alpha.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here