The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Tools, Tutorials & Resources
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.


Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #151    
Old April 26th, 2010, 10:30 PM
itistheriz's Avatar
itistheriz
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Awesome tools! Definately my favorite!
  #152    
Old May 2nd, 2010, 10:55 AM
PureGoober's Avatar
PureGoober
Minecrafter
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wichu View Post
Have you two installed Microsoft .NET framework 3.5 or later? It's needed for the tools to work.
No, I did not.
I'm installing now.
Thank you for the heads up.
  #153    
Old May 5th, 2010, 09:57 AM
MetalGod's Avatar
MetalGod
The Metal will live on...
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Stairway To Heaven
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via AIM to MetalGod Send a message via Yahoo to MetalGod
For some reason the download links aren't working for me... are they broken or is it just me?
Probably just me, but I want to double check xD
  #154    
Old May 6th, 2010, 10:21 PM
Zemnmez's Avatar
Zemnmez
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: May 2010
Gender: Male
Great program, but whenever I try to write to wrom I get this:
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.OverflowException: Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow.
at Sprite_Editor.RomFunctions.ConvertStringToByteArray(String& str)
at Sprite_Editor.SpriteData.GetCompressedData(Int32 species)
at Sprite_Editor.Form1.WriteToROMButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)


************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4200 (NetFxQFE.050727-4200)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Advanced Pokémon Sprite Editor
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/*/Documents/Rom%20hacking/ADVANCE/Advanced%20PokNon%20Sprite%20Editor.exe
----------------------------------------
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.4016 (NetFxQFE.050727-4000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
----------------------------------------
System
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4016 (NetFxQFE.050727-4000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
----------------------------------------
System.Windows.Forms
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4016 (NetFxQFE.050727-4000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
----------------------------------------
System.Drawing
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4016 (NetFxQFE.050727-4000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
----------------------------------------
System.Runtime.Remoting
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4016 (NetFxQFE.050727-4000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
----------------------------------------
System.Core
Assembly Version: 3.5.0.0
Win32 Version: 3.5.30729.1 built by: SP
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
----------------------------------------

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Last edited by Zemnmez; May 9th, 2010 at 09:52 PM.
  #155    
Old May 23rd, 2010, 08:35 AM
spelspelen's Avatar
spelspelen
a.k.a. Dylanimus
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Belgium
Gender: Male
Hi Wichu,
I've been using this tools for a while and I just want to say your tools are GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
__________________
My Friend Code: 1607-3117-6239
My Pokémon Shop: Shop
My Trade Reviews: Reviews
My YouTube Channel.

I support:
  #156    
Old May 24th, 2010, 06:31 PM
timson733333's Avatar
timson733333
Me gusta.
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Stealth!
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
The Synchronize Palettes keeps giving me an error every time I use it. What's going on?
  #157    
Old June 1st, 2010, 04:22 AM
countryemo's Avatar
countryemo
The Day I've been running from
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Littleroot Town
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to countryemo
just to tell you the megashare had a virus alert on me.

ill try em today fot school in a hout. the filefront download wax the only one that worked to me though.
they seem like great tools, thanks!
__________________
PC Mentions: Best Little Sister ever | Credits | My Amazing Pair

  #158    
Old June 1st, 2010, 05:39 AM
sonlen
Hacking Noob
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Gender: Male
These are perfect, I have been trying to use PokePic and unlz, and those are so buggy, so far I have had no issues, and one thing I don't know if I can change it or if it is set, but on the Sprite Editor when you go to "Import All Images" the text doesn't fit all the way

I'm sure there are more important things to fix first, but I thought it would be nice to know just in case you didn't already.
__________________
Currently working on: Pokemon Moonlight
  #159    
Old June 4th, 2010, 07:06 AM
Satori
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Gender: Female
I've joined just for some problems I've been having. One of them was stated above (The one with the long error log), the others I think were stated earlier but I decided to take a screenshot them anyway. The following is all the problems I'm having with the current version or whichever version was last updated in the download links as of this post. The sprite used was 64x64 and individually imported to each stage.

(I just found out I need to have 15 posts or more to post images, so attachments are the screenshots)
Attached Images
File Type: png Problem1.png‎ (40.3 KB, 82 views) (Save to Dropbox)
File Type: png Problem2.png‎ (35.2 KB, 59 views) (Save to Dropbox)
File Type: png Problem3.png‎ (73.8 KB, 52 views) (Save to Dropbox)
  #160    
Old June 12th, 2010, 01:05 AM
Skara's Avatar
Skara
THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL.
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Manchester, England
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
sprite position editor simply does not work
__________________
I'VE LEFT THIS ACCOUNT. Here is my new profile
  #161    
Old June 12th, 2010, 02:52 AM
Loony Boo♪'s Avatar
Loony Boo♪
King Boo, from Whack A Hack!
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Loony Boo♪ Send a message via Skype™ to Loony Boo♪
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satori View Post
I've joined just for some problems I've been having. One of them was stated above (The one with the long error log), the others I think were stated earlier but I decided to take a screenshot them anyway. The following is all the problems I'm having with the current version or whichever version was last updated in the download links as of this post. The sprite used was 64x64 and individually imported to each stage.

(I just found out I need to have 15 posts or more to post images, so attachments are the screenshots)
You can't use this tool while other tools are working with the rom. This is the problem.

Bye
  #162    
Old June 13th, 2010, 06:01 PM
Full Metal's Avatar
Full Metal
C(++) Developer.
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: In my mind.
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Full Metal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skara View Post
sprite position editor simply does not work
you know what i say?
BS yes it does. i've used it myself.
Back your facts up next time, k?
__________________

★ full metal.

I like to push it,
and push it,
until my luck is over.
  #163    
Old June 15th, 2010, 02:55 PM
WillPowerPedro's Avatar
WillPowerPedro
hey disco people!
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: the moon
Age: 14
Gender:
Nature: Jolly
This is awesome and all, but I need some .NET File thing to get it open on my Laptop...
__________________
My Soundcloud - My Deviantart - Main Tumblr



I just released a few albums a couple days ago. If you go to my tumblr, there are links there!
  #164    
Old June 15th, 2010, 09:11 PM
Galag
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wichu View Post
Have you two installed Microsoft .NET framework 3.5 or later? It's needed for the tools to work.
I installed .NET 4.0, but now I'm gettin .NET Framework Initialization Error message, "Unable to find a version of the runtime to run this application". I'm running Windows XP, and I do have Service Pack 3 and all the latest (automatic) updates.

What should I do now (I'm a newbie with computers, I know)? I've searched Google for answers, but there they say to redownload and reinstall .NET with the antivirus software off or delete some drivers and redownload them after installing .NET, both of which sound a little bit risky for me to do without further information.

I'd be more than grateful for any advice.
  #165    
Old June 16th, 2010, 05:59 AM
WillPowerPedro's Avatar
WillPowerPedro
hey disco people!
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: the moon
Age: 14
Gender:
Nature: Jolly
I found the anwser to my own question.

First, go to Microsoft Download Center (a website) and search .NET 3.5 (or any other version, but I recommand 3.5). And Last, download it. Wow! That was fast!

And again Wichu, your tools are the best!
__________________
My Soundcloud - My Deviantart - Main Tumblr



I just released a few albums a couple days ago. If you go to my tumblr, there are links there!
  #166    
Old June 20th, 2010, 08:06 AM
vietazn654's Avatar
vietazn654
A sound soul dwells within me
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Virginia
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to vietazn654 Send a message via Yahoo to vietazn654
Thanks for these They work perfectly on my computer. Thanks again, Wichu. The only problem is Luvdisc. It messes up. Same when I try to insert a Pokemon sprite in unLZ-GBA. But don't worry.
__________________

I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.
  #167    
Old June 29th, 2010, 08:01 AM
Mightyena_83's Avatar
Mightyena_83
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black pass View Post
You can't use this tool while other tools are working with the rom. This is the problem.

Bye
do u mean that it won't work if other tools have already been used or won't work while other tools are running?


im getting the error "index was out of bounds of the array" when i insert a big sprite...e.g Empoleon, iv already resized them to 64x64....i think it may have something to do with the sprite touching the edge of the box but i'm not sure....
  #168    
Old July 1st, 2010, 05:11 PM
dustination's Avatar
dustination
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Gender: Male
Hey, Wichu. Ive been using sprite positioner for a LONG time, and it was working perfctlly, until today when i tried to use it, and it wont let me use it and keeps deleting it, because it says it has a high risk virus in it! I have a windows XP and My virus scanner is Norton Antivirus 2010, if that helps, IF you can help in anyway, its greatly appreciated.
__________________
Don't underestimate the PODS
  #169    
Old July 10th, 2010, 10:49 PM
Dan5
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Gender: Male
i just downloaded an emerald rom, but i can't find its folder, so i cna't use the sprite editor thingy. what do i do?

all i got from rom downloading was loads of text i didn't understand. and i can't use any of the apps because i need a rom. is this meant to happen?

for some reason when i use the sprite editor for my second frame, after adding the shiny's second frame, certain colours vanish and the sprite looks awful. It seems to be to do with colours i'm using.

another thing: how do you rename a pokemon?

that happened to me when i tried one of my fusion sprites, i thought it was to do with the amount of colours in use on the sprite.

Last edited by Dan5; July 11th, 2010 at 03:33 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
  #170    
Old July 22nd, 2010, 08:57 AM
Kaikai
Togepi
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Gender: Female
not a surprise, before i shortened it in GIMP, my picture synchronized the palette, but after i shortened it, i get an error as soon as i sychronize the palette.
  #171    
Old July 31st, 2010, 06:00 PM
Epicness's Avatar
Epicness
Hacker Newbia
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
Ok, I would just like to thank you for these. they are much easier than IconED and Unlz.gba. I especially would like to thank you for the HGSS Sprite Pack which is 100% compatible with your programs =D
__________________
  #172    
Old August 9th, 2010, 07:22 PM
jessemac_7
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
The sprite editor helped me fix my shiny sprites
  #173    
Old August 10th, 2010, 10:03 AM
tuna97's Avatar
tuna97
Togepi
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: somewhere
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustination View Post
Hey, Wichu. Ive been using sprite positioner for a LONG time, and it was working perfctlly, until today when i tried to use it, and it wont let me use it and keeps deleting it, because it says it has a high risk virus in it! I have a windows XP and My virus scanner is Norton Antivirus 2010, if that helps, IF you can help in anyway, its greatly appreciated.
try to delete it and then redownload...it might fix your problem
__________________
  #174    
Old August 19th, 2010, 12:56 PM
Leafbarrett's Avatar
Leafbarrett
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Age: 22
*SIGH*
O.
M.
F.
G.
Is there NOWHERE IN THE ENTIRE INTERNET that has the Leaf Green ini? Not Fire Red, not Ruby, not Emerald. LEAF GREEN. I have been looking ALL FREAKING DAY. Sorry if I sound pissed, it's because I am.

And can someone please point me to a download of Advanced Mart THAT ACTUALLY WORKS?!

Last edited by Leafbarrett; August 19th, 2010 at 05:31 PM.
  #175    
Old August 21st, 2010, 12:48 AM
Loony Boo♪'s Avatar
Loony Boo♪
King Boo, from Whack A Hack!
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Loony Boo♪ Send a message via Skype™ to Loony Boo♪
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zemnmez View Post
Great program, but whenever I try to write to wrom I get this:
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.OverflowException: Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow.
at Sprite_Editor.RomFunctions.ConvertStringToByteArray(String& str)
at Sprite_Editor.SpriteData.GetCompressedData(Int32 species)
at Sprite_Editor.Form1.WriteToROMButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)


************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4200 (NetFxQFE.050727-4200)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Advanced Pokémon Sprite Editor
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/*/Documents/Rom%20hacking/ADVANCE/Advanced%20PokNon%20Sprite%20Editor.exe
----------------------------------------
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.4016 (NetFxQFE.050727-4000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
----------------------------------------
System
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4016 (NetFxQFE.050727-4000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
----------------------------------------
System.Windows.Forms
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4016 (NetFxQFE.050727-4000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
----------------------------------------
System.Drawing
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4016 (NetFxQFE.050727-4000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
----------------------------------------
System.Runtime.Remoting
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4016 (NetFxQFE.050727-4000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
----------------------------------------
System.Core
Assembly Version: 3.5.0.0
Win32 Version: 3.5.30729.1 built by: SP
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
----------------------------------------

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.
When you use this tool, you can't use another tool to edit your hack, because this happens (personal experience). This tool must work alone.

Bye
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 11:08 PM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.