Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks
Reload this Page FireRed Pokémon: Mythic Legends [Beta 2 released]

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

View Poll Results: So, what did you think of the beta so far?
It was pretty awesome 79 33.62%
Unique, but it could be better 78 33.19%
Its just a normal hack your probably going to quit in the middle... 33 14.04%
This hack is tasteless... 11 4.68%
I have no good or bad thoughts... 34 14.47%
Voters: 235. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old September 28th, 2009 (07:34 AM). Edited August 13th, 2010 by psychicboy.
Hacking is all that matters...

Nature: Hasty
Pokemon:
Mythic Legends

(Titlescreen. Going to say Pokemon Mythic Legends)

A firered hack unlike others....

Introduction
Legendaries
What defines them...?

Power. Order. Chaos. Time. Space. Void

These are elements that legendaries freely control when they gain their full potential. But when do they gain their full powers? But how does a young legendary learn to control these powers?

Guardians help with this... What are Guardians? Guardians are people with the amazing powers to control and teach legendary pokemon and them their mythical powers. Some people are born guardians, and never realize it, their powers lying dormant within. So when three legends are reborn, who will raises them? Guardians of course.

Suddenly you awake. after having a dream that would never be forgotten. A dream, a reality or perhaps a premonition, all possibilities spin around in your head.
You feel evil forces lurking. Don't let a Mythic Legend die....

Features
  1. A completely new region
  2. Very strategically placed pokemon
  3. Catch able starters
  4. New Challenges
  5. A new team(generic feature)
  6. Difficult Gyms Layouts
  7. Custom sprites
  8. New scripts
  9. Most legendarys will have their own diffrent event
  • Custom sprites
World Map

Story
This is just something I wrote in order for you to really get a feel of the region of Apollo and its hero. The viewpoint is from the main character in the game. It is seperated into chapters.

Hope you enjoy :D

Chapter One

Spoiler:
Mythic Beginings

"Whoa, where am I?"

Issaic looked around abit. He was surrounded by thick trees that never semmed to end. Suddenly, it began to rain.

"Great, first I'm in a forest, now its raining all over me?"

Issaic looked for a possible way to avoid the rain. Up ahead was a building. The building had a strange aura to it, as if it was beckoning him to come towards it. Issaic ran towards the old building, shivering from the cold. As he approached the building, he noticed the door was pretty beat up and old looking. It had a large crack going right through the middle.

"Wow, this place looks as if it hasn't been touched in years..."

Issaic pushed the old door open and then attempted to shut the door behind him as best as he could without causing anymore damge. When it had finally appeared to be sut, the entire door collapsed and Issaic shivered as a fierce wind blew cold water droplets through the door.

"So much for being gentle.." Issaic muttered to himself as he walked further into the dimly lit room.

"Whoa..."

As Issaic walked in further, he noticed that all around him were giant statues of what appeared to be unkown pokemon he had never seen in his entire life. Issaic walked up to a statue of a bird-like pokemon and read words inscripted into the surface right below the pokemon.

"Zapdos...? What are these pokemon..?"

Issaic continued walking around the room until he came upon the biggest statue of them all.

"Arceus huh? What does it say under it..?

Issaic bent over to read what was inscripted under the statue. It was a bit dusty so Issaic gently blew it and coughed as a cloud of dust hit his face.

"Powers of young, and powers of old.
Legends continue as time unfolds.
As each one dies, another is born.
And with each legend, a Guardian is sworn...

What the heck is all that supposed to mean..?"

Issaic continued walking down the corridor untill he came across another door. He slowly reached for the handle and gently turned it, afraid it would come right off if he turned to hard. He opened the door just as slowly and walked in to reveal an extremly dim room. Issaic became frozen when he saw a woman standing just a few feet away with her gaze affixed on him.

"The time has come..."

Chapter Two

Spoiler:

Destiny

The woman looked old from afar, probably in her fifty's. She stared at Issaic with a Mystical look on her face as if she was examining his entire being. She sloely walked up to him and Issaic faltered, unsure of what to do.

"Do not be afraid child..."

She said as she walked towards him. Her voice had a soothing effect, as if she could lull him to sleep with her voice alone. She was at arms length now, and Issaic could see her features clearly . She didnt look as old from up close then she did from afar. She had long dark hair that flowed down to her shoulders and she had a comely face with no wrinkles or worry marks at all. After examining him further, she finally spoke.

"I bet your wondering how you got here and why your here in the first place. How you got here is a question that even I cannot answer... As for why your here..."

In the darkness, Issaic could make out a faint yelping sound. Issaic understood nothing so far, but decided to let the lady finish before asking any questions.

"You have a great destiny ahead of you... You are one of the special ones that may alter their paths at their will, causing great changes..."

Issaic was completely baffled by this woman's words, yet somehow, they made sense.

"C-Changes? What kind?"

For a second, Issaic could of sworn he saw the woman smile for a second, but dismissed it as imagination.

"That depends... Would you accept a changed destiny even if it meant giving up your life to protect others?"

Giving up my life? A changed destiny? What is going on here..?

Issaic was unsure of what to say at the moment. But he then boldy answered.

"Yes, I would!"

Issaic didnt understand if this was just some extremely realistic dream, or if it was indeed all real. So he made the decision, hoping that whatever this was would end quicker.

"Then follow me..."

Issaic watched as the woman turned around and in a matter of seconds, faded into the darkness ahead.

"For an old lady, she's pretty quick. I better catch-up before I lose her.."

Issaic started walking further into the the room. Every now and then, he'd hear a snarl and freeze up. The farther he went into the darkness, the louder the sounds got. Issaic finally found what was making all the sounds and Immediatly a smile enveloped his face.

"Pokemon!?"

Issaic yelled excitedly as he got to the part of the room where the old lady was standing.
She stood there, watching three pokemon at play on the ground. They were pretty large pokemon, but not larger than Issaw was. They looked like little babies, yet Issaic could feel the power brimming in each of them. One was blue, one red, and another yellow. The pokemon resembled some of the statues he had seen in the other room. They were crawling over each other, trying to pin one another down. They didnt even notice when Issaic walked over to the old woman.

"What are these pokemon?" Issaic asked the woman curiously.

She continued watching the pokemon as if Issaic didnt even ask the question.

"Lying here are the offspring of the legendary beast pokemon. Suicune, Entei, and Raikou... You must protect one of these pokemon with your life and keep it from being used for evil of any kind."

Issaic absorbed what the woman was saying before saying anything.

"My life huh...?"

Issaic watched as the red pokemon, Entei, playfully bit the blue one on the ear. Issaic bent over to let the pokemon know was there, and they instantly jumped on him. They licked his face, and playfully bit him.

"Ahh, stop that!" Issaic said laughing. Issaic got back up and looked at each pokemon.

"Entei, Suicune, Raikou..."

Issaic thought hard about his decision before finally deciding.

"Entei.."

The old woman looked at the pokemon, then looked back up at Issaic.

"Interesting choice trainer..."

The old woman reached into her pocket and pulled out an extremely cool looking pokeball. It was pokeball designed in shape, but had a flame design all around it. Engraved in the middle, where the button was supposed to be, was a maginificent red ruby. The woman gently grabbed Issaics hand and he didnt resist. She then put the ball in his hand.

"Now capture your partner.."

Issaic firmly grasped the ball and gently tapped the confused red pokemon on the nose. For a second, it had a knowing look on its face. It was then absorbed into the pokeball. The other pokemon looked around in confusion, but then went back to playing.

"It's time to send you back. It is now too late to return to the path you once had. Evil forces lurk.. Don't let a legend die..."

Issaic was once again confused by the old womans words. She stared into his eyes and suddenly, he couldnt move, breath, or even speak.

"What's going on!?" Issaic thought to himself, panicing. Suddenly, he collapsed on the ground.

"And so your journey begins.. Be careful..."

Media Center
Screen shots

Youtube Videos
Mining Skill.
Spoiler:

Milotic Event.
Spoiler:

Calypso Kidnapping.
Spoiler:

Latest Intro.
Spoiler:

Application

Spoiler:
Name:

Spoiler:

Job:

Proof of work:

Why you would like to help?

When you would like to help?

The Team

Mappers: Aljam, Fujitsu, psychicboy

Scripters: psychicboy

Spriters: NikaNorou

Beta Testers: psychicboy, Hypershadow189,AzrealDentara, SueAqua, dalaniir. HaloSonic

CSS: aquadan

Graphics: Blazing Pheonix, aquadan

Gramatical Error Corrector: Sarcastic Prince

Music Inserter:

Userbars

HTML Code:
URL]http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=196223http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=196223[IMG]http://i804.photobucket.com/albums/yy328/kurtcarter198/PokemonMythicLegends3.png[/IMG]

HTML Code:
[URL]http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=196223http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=196223[IMG]http://i804.photobucket.com/albums/yy328/kurtcarter198/PokemonMythicLegends4.png[/IMG][/URL]

HTML Code:
[URL]http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=196223http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=196223[IMG]http://i804.photobucket.com/albums/yy328/kurtcarter198/PokemonMythicLegends5.png[/IMG][/URL]

Betas

V2.3 Change Log March 22 2010

*Completely changed starters base stats and move sets.

*Entire hack changed to a prettier tileset.

*Added the battle shops third challenge.

*Added a bed healing script to a certain part(I'm not one for spoiling)

*Added some pokemon sprites to a certain part for visual epicness.

*Fixed all the parts where the freaking background was glitchy as hell.

*Added a pokemon move relearner system in all the pokemon center.

*Added the rest of the heros animations(i.e bikes, hms, etc)

Attention: These beta's are not the current game, but are there so that you can see the progress the game has made and how much the game has changed over time. The latest beta will always be attached to the post.

Pokemon: Mythic Legends Beta 2.0:

Final Thoughts

Currently I am looking for a team to help with mapping, and various other things such as inserting.

If you can do any of these, show me proof in a pm or post it here.

Attached Files
File Type: ips Pokemon Mythic Legends V2.3.ips‎ (370.8 KB, 1079 views) (Save to Dropbox)

Wanna play my hack? Check it out here!

My sig was "too big brah", so I shortened it.
Old October 1st, 2009 (08:33 PM).
Haz ya seen my hack?

Nature: Docile
Send a message via Yahoo to Haz
Well, well, well, someones been busy XD

Anyway, looks great but dont use smilies in a hack. It looks awful

Fanfiction.net: Ha-Za-A

Credits to Galukxy for this awesome banner
Old October 1st, 2009 (08:39 PM).

Quote originally posted by Haz:
Well, well, well, someones been busy XD

Anyway, looks great but dont use smilies in a hack. It looks awful
Thank you :D Since your the fourth person to say that, Im gonn get rid of the smilies
Old October 1st, 2009 (08:41 PM).
Mana du vortes, aeria gloris.

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to DestinyBender
Yeah, sorry, smilies don't exactly fit in with hacks. The rest looks awesome, though! :D
~Good luck.

PC Family
Misty-loving sis
Evil, evil, brother
Rock-loving cousin
Uncle, King of Mafia-ness
Beauty Pair

Looking for pair -hinthint-

Also, a rival. Anyone?

Quotes from movies:
Superhero Movie
The House Bunny
Old October 1st, 2009 (08:46 PM).

Quote originally posted by DestinyBender:
Yeah, sorry, smilies don't exactly fit in with hacks. The rest looks awesome, though! :D
~Good luck.
5th >.> And thank you! Im not hacking for fame, i'm hacking because a lot of hacks just dont seem to finish. They just stop mid-hack and say "NEW HACK" If I can get this done, and people enjoy the hack... Then i've done something right /End speech >.>
Old October 1st, 2009 (10:50 PM).
Team Rocket Elite No. 16

excuse me for asking but what percentage of this hack is complete?
i am ok with scripting hacking not rlly great but learn fast would appreciate if you took me onboard or atleast show'd me how to get better at scripting/hacking in general so then i can become part of your hack teams in the future..
also the mapping appears to be dodgy below the tower (tallest building) the base, the cave with water the secound and higher "shelf" of rock on the left hand side last the second rock shelf in the corners.
i know there little things but you said you wanted to be able to make a complete hack so its sorta advice i spose
No
Then why am i lucky?
Your lucky because i was in a Good mood today
Wha?...
Like i said, Watch yourself...
Old October 2nd, 2009 (03:27 AM).

Quote originally posted by Dry:
excuse me for asking but what percentage of this hack is complete?
i am ok with scripting hacking not rlly great but learn fast would appreciate if you took me onboard or atleast show'd me how to get better at scripting/hacking in general so then i can become part of your hack teams in the future..
also the mapping appears to be dodgy below the tower (tallest building) the base, the cave with water the secound and higher "shelf" of rock on the left hand side last the second rock shelf in the corners.
i know there little things but you said you wanted to be able to make a complete hack so its sorta advice i spose
Scripting? Oh thats easy once you get the hang of it >.> You have XSE?
Old October 2nd, 2009 (03:34 AM).
Starting anew...

Nature: Timid
Quote originally posted by psychicboy:

Grammar Mistake spotted. It should be "it's", no "its".
Old October 2nd, 2009 (03:59 AM).

Quote originally posted by Ruka Prince:
Grammar Mistake spotted. It should be "it's", no "its".
You know I lol'd when I saw this? Grammar nazi? Anyways, I rushed threw a few message scripts >.> Just be glad it doesnt say "It Mus bee SUPA raare..." Also, the irony here is that you capitilised mistake
Old October 2nd, 2009 (04:54 AM).
Starting anew...

You know I lol'd when I saw this? Grammar nazi? Anyways, I rushed threw a few message scripts >.> Just be glad it doesnt say "It Mus bee SUPA raare..." Also, the irony here is that you capitilised mistake
That's what I usually do. Putting stuff starting with Capital Letters which are not really needed...

And also, did you take my advice on correcting that mistake?
Old October 2nd, 2009 (05:45 PM).

Could someone test my current beta and tell me if its too hard/easy?
Old October 2nd, 2009 (06:15 PM).
Likes to Hack Pokemon

Nature: Naive
I will do it psychicboy
I will beta test for you

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old October 2nd, 2009 (06:18 PM).

Quote originally posted by Hypershadow189:
I will do it psychicboy
I will beta test for you
You... Are... Awesome :D Should I add you to the beta tester list, or is this a one time thing ?
Old October 2nd, 2009 (06:38 PM).
Likes to Hack Pokemon

You... Are... Awesome :D Should I add you to the beta tester list, or is this a one time thing ?
Add me I have some what a good amount of time for beta testing

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old October 2nd, 2009 (06:58 PM).

Great :D Just tell me when you've played, and tell me how it is.
Old October 2nd, 2009 (07:18 PM).
Likes to Hack Pokemon

Great :D Just tell me when you've played, and tell me how it is.
ok I will let you know

Old October 2nd, 2009 (07:25 PM).
Likes to Hack Pokemon

Interesting so far
I got raikou as partner not really hard yet

Old October 2nd, 2009 (07:36 PM). Edited October 2nd, 2009 by Sarcastic Prince.
Starting anew...

I am currently playing your Beta.
I don't really think it's a good idea to have a Legendary as a Starter Pokemon...
In the dream, you should make the Legendary Dogs you choose appear later in the Game...

That'll make the plot even more interesting...

And one more thing... this Hack has quite a lot of Grammar Mistakes and stuff...
In the first town and including the dream there are over 30 Grammar Mistakes...
Try improving your Grammar later when I post them...

Edit: Ugh... too many spelling and Grammar Mistakes.... I am tired of Screen Capturing every one of them...

So now, I'll report all of them so make sure you correct them...

Spoiler:

It should be "I'll" not "i'll".

The word "when" ran outta the box.
Spoiler:

You should add a period.

It should be "I'll" not "i'll".

It should be "That's", not "thats".

It should be "What's up, dad?", instead of "Whats up dad?".

It should be "it's" instead of "its".

Again, it should be "what's" instead of "whats".

It should be "you're" instead of "your".

I'll correct the whole sentence.

Dad: Hey, Player, you should rest a bit, as it's dangerous out there.

Again, I'll correct the whole sentence.

Player: It's ok, dad. I'll visit. =)

It should be "That's" instead of "Thats"

It should be: What's your name?

"Because" is spelt wrong.

It should be: Sorry, Player. I can't let you go through until you have a Pokedex.

There are no Grammar Mistakes in this one, but... after I read that signpost, the the box "follows" me as I walk. There are a lot of these kind of similar glitches in your Hack.

It should be: Gary's already gone.

It should be: There's never a dull moment here. This place is a good place to learn stuff. =D

It should be: I love working with the Prof.

It should be: There's always something to learn here.

The word "Wrong" went outta the box.

It should be "I'll" instead of "i'll".

You should aadd "...." after "Ummmm".

It should be: Fisherman: The fish will come to ya eventually.

The Rival doesn't leave properly.

Doesn't make sense.

You should add a period.

"Library" is spelt wrong.

It should "Don't" not "Dont"

It should be: Bug Pokemon evolve quickly, so they are weaker than most Pokemon.

It should be: Hey kid! I noticed that you don't any Fishing Rods.

It should be "That's", not "Thats".

You should add a Period.

It should be: I've taken this challenge before, and I couldn't even get past the second floor...

It should be: Player: Ehh, it's pretty hard because I'm not that patient...

It should be "I'm", not "Im".

It should be: Wow, Player. You're a natural at battling! =0

It should be "I've" not "Ive".

It should be "I'm" not "Im".

It should be "You're", not "Your".

And the building has tile errors.

It should be "It's" not "Its".

It should be "Don't", not "Dont".

It should be "What's", not "Whats".

It should be "It's", not "Its".

It should be "It's", not "Its".

It should be "That's", not "Thats".

It should be "I'll", not "ill".

It should be "I'll", not "ill".

It should be: Player hugs the Prof.

It should be: Well, Player. I know that you're a grown-up now.

"Thankyou" should seperated as "Thank you".

It should be "I'd", not "Id".

It should be "I'm", not "i'm".

It should be "I've", not "Ive".

Ahh finally. All glitches on how far I've went to are reported.
Please take my advice and improve the Hack with better Grammar.
Old October 2nd, 2009 (07:40 PM). Edited October 2nd, 2009 by psychicboy.

Honestly it depends on what you do with the legendaries. Of course having a legendary as a starter means you would have to have slightly harder and more interesting gameplay. I have alot planned for this hack :D As for the grammar, fixing plausible mistakes now. Edit: Whoa, those are alot of errors *.*
Old October 3rd, 2009 (01:46 AM).
Starting anew...

Still, I don't think that having a Legendary Pokemon as a starter is a good idea.
Having you to use a Master Ball to catch a Pokemon in the 1st cave you will go to will be better.
Old October 3rd, 2009 (01:50 AM).
Oui Oui Si Si Ja Ja Da Da

Honestly it depends on what you do with the legendaries. Of course having a legendary as a starter means you would have to have slightly harder and more interesting gameplay. I have alot planned for this hack :D As for the grammar, fixing plausible mistakes now. Edit: Whoa, those are alot of errors *.*

What, having a Legendary as a starter DOES NOT mean you have slightly harder gameplay. It just won't work, as it will actually make the game quite easier, regardless.

Man of Steel
He harbors no shame
Got cut a raw deal
But he holds no blame
Gone and forgot to feel
Numb for pretentious pain
As he spins the wheel
There's no loss nor no gain...

Nerves of Steel
He must remain
Even if it kills
To remember my name
A view to a thrill
Like Campari and Champagne
I'm on the rocks
Please tell me, What Is My Name?

Old October 3rd, 2009 (06:12 AM).

I like the ideas of this game, i recommend getting new tiles and pallets to make it look more nice, also the maps need some work. But overall i like this hack.
Old October 3rd, 2009 (06:20 AM).

Quote originally posted by Banjora Marxvile:

What, having a Legendary as a starter DOES NOT mean you have slightly harder gameplay. It just won't work, as it will actually make the game quite easier, regardless.
Now tell me, why won't this work? I assure you, it will not make the game any easier than your average pokemon game. Well those are bad to compare to because its nearly impossible to lose unless your terrible, had bad luck, in the battle frontier, or your fighting the elite four. I'm going to assume you haven't even played the beta yet.. So seriously, how would you know if its easy or not? >.> Maybe its just the fact that legendary as starter equals no no. I just happen to think other-wise...
Old October 3rd, 2009 (06:24 AM).
Oui Oui Si Si Ja Ja Da Da

Now tell me, why won't this work? I assure you, it will not make the game any easier than your average pokemon game. Well those are bad to compare to because its nearly impossible to lose unless your terrible, had bad luck, in the battle frontier, or your fighting the elite four. I'm going to assume you haven't even played the beta yet.. So seriously, how would you know if its easy or not? >.> Maybe its just the fact that legendary as starter equals no no. I just happen to think other-wise...

No, I haven't played the beta, but listen for a sec, people will take the legendary, and trust me, people make hard hacks have normal starters, as it makes them even harder. Legendaries make the game easier due to their stats being higher than other pokemon. If you edited this stat issue, then OK, it could work, but as they have high stats (and why most are Ubers), eventually the game will get easier. Name 3 successful well known hacks that had a Legendary Starter.

Man of Steel
He harbors no shame
Got cut a raw deal
But he holds no blame
Gone and forgot to feel
Numb for pretentious pain
As he spins the wheel
There's no loss nor no gain...

Nerves of Steel
He must remain
Even if it kills
To remember my name
A view to a thrill
Like Campari and Champagne
I'm on the rocks
Please tell me, What Is My Name?

Old October 3rd, 2009 (06:28 AM).

Quote originally posted by Banjora Marxvile:

No, I haven't played the beta, but listen for a sec, people will take the legendary, and trust me, people make hard hacks have normal starters, as it makes them even harder. Legendaries make the game easier due to their stats being higher than other pokemon. If you edited this stat issue, then OK, it could work, but as they have high stats (and why most are Ubers), eventually the game will get easier. Name 3 successful well known hacks that had a Legendary Starter.
I can't name any simply because I haven't seen any But something you said there has captured my attention... How would I go about changing base stats?
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)