The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Tools, Tutorials & Resources

Notices

Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 1st, 2009, 09:45 AM
DawnRyder
I cannot believe I'm back -.-

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmouvelianx View Post
when i tried to import palletes..
it gives me error..
i tried your method but it only shows me two colour..help?
Try it again. If that doesn't work, your palette is probably corrupted. Try exporting the palette again.

Sorry guys, but I'm leaving Pokécommunity. I just don't have time for it. As of right now you will no longer be able to contact me.
Old October 1st, 2009, 10:30 AM
Haku.
(FLAME)...H....A...K..U

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Haku.
oh it was my palelte
*slaps myself* okay it works..
can you show me where to get the backgrounds and stuff?
cause i have my own and it's not working..
it just shows some screwed up tiles..

Old October 1st, 2009, 11:32 AM
DawnRyder

I got mine from the spriter's resource but that site is down. So, why not make your own? Or have someone else make one? Or take a random image off the internet and index it?

Sorry guys, but I'm leaving Pokécommunity. I just don't have time for it. As of right now you will no longer be able to contact me.
Old October 1st, 2009, 04:03 PM
●•ΛΣЯӨЩ•●
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
Well there are no good images i find to use as the BG's..

Old October 1st, 2009, 04:11 PM
DawnRyder

Try looking in 'Legend of Zelda' games.

Old October 1st, 2009, 09:46 PM
meepitz
Owns Pokemon: Pink Dawn

Nature: Naive
I can't find the version of NTME you have...
I download Alpha 2 but it doesn't have Palettemap...
Could you give me a hand?
But it looks like a great tutorial.

Last edited by meepitz; October 1st, 2009 at 09:47 PM. Reason: Typos
Old October 1st, 2009, 10:04 PM
Zeffy
artificial one-eyed ghoul

Send a message via Skype™ to Zeffy
Quote:
Originally Posted by meepitz View Post
I can't find the version of NTME you have...
I download Alpha 2 but it doesn't have Palettemap...
Could you give me a hand?
But it looks like a great tutorial.
Try downloading this = http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=149454

Also, try looking at this:

@DawnRider: What is the size you prefer for the BG and the Pokemon that will replace Charizard?
Old October 1st, 2009, 10:07 PM
meepitz

Thank you!
The palettemap was missing, yes.
Now I can start my hack.
Thanks again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimaZelfier View Post

@DawnRider: What is the size you prefer for the BG and the Pokemon that will replace Charizard?
I dunno if I can help but for the charizard replacement I'm pretty sure any width/height is fine if it's divisible by eight(including the background).

Last edited by meepitz; October 1st, 2009 at 10:31 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old October 2nd, 2009, 02:07 AM
Haku.
(FLAME)...H....A...K..U

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Haku.
okay im asking the same question as UZ..
i got one neat background but im not sure if it will
over write the old bg..

Old October 2nd, 2009, 06:58 AM
giradialkia
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to giradialkia
Thanks dude, this works perfectly! Awesome tut! Can't wait to see the logo editing- I have a vague idea how to do it, but I'm certain your way will be better. Thanks again!

This one's called 'Red', and it's actually kinda Pokémon themed, so have a listen! Check out the links below for more stuff, if you like this!

This is the Doctor
This is my Soundcloud
This is my bandcamp

My Pokémon Y character is the same as my username. If you see me as a Passerby let me know! I tend to get a lot of Passerby requests and I often wonder if it's people from this site.
Old October 2nd, 2009, 10:06 AM
DawnRyder

@UltimaZelfier: I dont' quite know what you mean by 'size' if you meant width by height I like relatively large images. But if you meant size as in bytes, the image should be in between 1 and 4 KB's.

@xmouvelianx: What old background? Are you talking about the flames?

@giradialkia: Yes, I do have an alternate method than pkmnhackersonline.com does. It requires GIMP (awesome tool) or Photoshop or you could possibly use IrfanView.

Old October 2nd, 2009, 06:52 PM
meepitz

About the tiles in the corner(in the background section of your tutorial), I think you could get rid of them by colour editing them to the same colour as the section they are on. It would work for some backgrounds, but not all.

EDIT: That wouldn't work because the colours aren't in the palette o.o...
Hmmm....

Last edited by meepitz; October 2nd, 2009 at 07:47 PM. Reason: Response to me xD
Old October 3rd, 2009, 12:54 AM
Mitchie96
Beginning Trainer

WOW...Thanks Great Guide Helped ALOT!
Old October 3rd, 2009, 02:45 AM
ShadowForce_G
Endless learning...

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ShadowForce_G
This is the best tut of hacking the titlescreen...
I already tried the other ones, but, those don't work and this is work. I hope you can fix the error tiles in the corner and add the part 3.
Thanks with the tut.

Last edited by ShadowForce_G; October 3rd, 2009 at 07:25 PM.
Old October 3rd, 2009, 03:11 AM
D-Trogh
Dead

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to D-Trogh
Why did we need ANOTHER FR/LG titlescreen tutorial?
I would've thought there were enough tutorials on this subject - -'
AND that my little video of the new NTME would be enough for people to understand how to make tilemaps.. MEH
Old October 3rd, 2009, 03:21 AM
Aerodynamic
Oi!

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Trogh View Post
AND that my little video of the new NTME would be enough for people to understand how to make tilemaps.. MEH
Yes it would, but you don't show how to insert them, and most newbie's don't have a clue how to do it. Thethethethe's tutorial is outdated, doesn't cover repointing and doesn't use the new NTME, so I don't see any others but this one wich explains everything. So D-Trogh stop acting like your better then everyone else and try to help someone once in a while instead of only commenting.
Old October 3rd, 2009, 03:22 AM
mervyn797
What? I'm right here. >D

Nature: Careful
Quote:
we need this. its more detailed and throughly explained. the other ones werent as well.
And also not all people are as genius as you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerodynamic View Post
Yes it would, but you don't show how to insert them, and most newbie's don't have a clue how to do it. Thethethethe's tutorial is outdated, doesn't cover repointing and doesn't use the new NTME, so I don't see any others but this one wich explains everything. So D-Trogh stop acting like your better then everyone else and try to help someone once in a while instead of only comenting.
and i feel aerodynamic is justified.
Old October 3rd, 2009, 05:57 AM
giradialkia
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to giradialkia
Hm.. I got the background loaded fine, and, like you, left one Black tile for transparancy. But the wrong colour was made transparent, in the Rom- any idea how I can fix it? I haven't closed down NTME yet, so i think i'm still safe.
Edit- Nvm, I think I know what I did- the black wasn't the first colour in the palette, as it probably should have been. I'll fix it now..

This one's called 'Red', and it's actually kinda Pokémon themed, so have a listen! Check out the links below for more stuff, if you like this!

This is the Doctor
This is my Soundcloud
This is my bandcamp

My Pokémon Y character is the same as my username. If you see me as a Passerby let me know! I tend to get a lot of Passerby requests and I often wonder if it's people from this site.
Old October 3rd, 2009, 03:09 PM
meepitz

Does anybody know how to get rid of that animation where everything slides in on the firered titlescreen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by giradialkia View Post
Hm.. I got the background loaded fine, and, like you, left one Black tile for transparancy. But the wrong colour was made transparent, in the Rom- any idea how I can fix it? I haven't closed down NTME yet, so i think i'm still safe.
Edit- Nvm, I think I know what I did- the black wasn't the first colour in the palette, as it probably should have been. I'll fix it now..
I'd suggest using Irfan view to switch the pallete colours(black and the other one) around and then import into paint, switch the colours around on the image rather than the pallete, and import back into Infanview to check if it worked. It worked for me.

Last edited by meepitz; October 3rd, 2009 at 03:11 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old October 3rd, 2009, 03:13 PM
DawnRyder

Quote:
Yes it would, but you don't show how to insert them, and most newbie's don't have a clue how to do it. Thethethethe's tutorial is outdated, doesn't cover repointing and doesn't use the new NTME, so I don't see any others but this one wich explains everything. So D-Trogh stop acting like your better then everyone else and try to help someone once in a while instead of only commenting.
Hey, don't be so hard on D-Trogh. I learned how to do this from him. Yup. And he's the one who wrote NTME, so...

Old October 3rd, 2009, 03:23 PM
NarutoActor
The rocks cry out to me
Community Supporter

Nature: Bashful
Send a message via AIM to NarutoActor Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to NarutoActor
Quote:
wow I never saw your vdeo and its quite good
this tutorial un like others goes into more detail and uses ntme which is awsome so cheers to dyawnrader
Old October 4th, 2009, 01:32 AM
D-Trogh
Dead

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to D-Trogh
Quote:
Yes it would, but you don't show how to insert them, and most newbies don't have a clue how to do it.
You're right, it doesn't.. But my 2 year old video does (although Cyclone was used hack then), so do other videos and tutorials on the net/this forum.
+ I don't see how someone can't 'have a clue how to do it', but that's just me probably. unLZ-GBA, TM, .. are basic programs every hacker should start with.
Quote:
Thethethethe's tutorial is outdated, doesn't cover repointing and doesn't use the new NTME, so I don't see any others but this one wich explains everything.
I guess you're right.. Though, unLZ-GBA menu's + brains (+ other tutorials) should be enough.
I think we should do something about all those tutorials about the same thing. Like, only keep one up-to-date tutorial and put the others in an archive, I dunno.
Quote:
So D-Trogh stop acting like your better then everyone else and try to help someone once in a while instead of only commenting.
I'm not better then everyone else, so it would be stupid if I acted like I was.
Why should I help? It seems to me that DawnRyder knows what he's doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mervyn797 View Post
we need this. its more detailed and thoroughly explained. the other ones weren't as well.
And also not all people are as genius as you.
I guess most (including mine) don't handle ALL parts of the tilescreen, so I can understand that some newbs want everything to be explained to them.
The reason people (at least, that's why I do it..) don't handle EVERYTHING is because if you explain one thing, they can do the rest. It's all the same process.

+ I'm not genius and I hate it when people say that.. They expect to much from me (and now I'm talking about real life, uni and such )

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnRyder View Post
Hey, don't be so hard on D-Trogh. I learned how to do this from him. Yup. And he's the one who wrote NTME, so...
Thanks for 'defending' me My previous comment might not have reflected this, but you're writing a good tutorial.
I still hold on to my previous message though, it's one of the many and I think we should do some cleaning on the old tutorials It's getting filled with the same thing over and over again

Quote:
Originally Posted by narutoactor View Post
wow I never saw your video and its quite good
this tutorial un like others goes into more detail and uses ntme which is awesome so cheers to DawnRyder
Thanks, I made it to show the new functions.
Old October 4th, 2009, 02:11 AM
sky_queen3
Minusle Fangirl. ;)

Ok, but what DawnRyder's tut has over everyone elses (in my view) is it actually worked for me go to woah. :D
Old October 4th, 2009, 06:50 AM
yusufs1
Beginning Trainer

on part one u didnt specify to define a new offset for the images or not
u just say to leave the write to rom box alone
so do i need to define a new offset for the png image and the new raw image?
Old October 4th, 2009, 09:10 AM
.Seth
.explorer.

I don't understand how to change the bit depth via Properties.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here