Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase
Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 3rd, 2009, 01:12 PM
gsorby
Pokémon Spiritanium Creator

Nature: Jolly
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to gsorby Send a message via Skype™ to gsorby

Advertise here
Pokémon: The Nightmare is being revamped (again) stay tuned for updates
I've added new screenshots, look below!

Welcome to the world of Nightmares!

This is NOT a hack!
Made in: RPG Maker XP

In the dark region, Sinnoh, more and more people are falling into dark nightmares. They just lie there sleeping, being tortured in their own dreams. Nobody knows what causes these constant nightmares, but there is a reason. Some say it's caused by the planet's destruction, others say it's just a coincidence. But they were always wrong. Professors in the region are using all sorts of ways to see what the cause is. After they had invented a new machine, they now have the ability to see into peoples dreams. They have looked into the dreams, but only find a black silhouette that seems to be the cause. This silhouette seems to be a Pokémon that causes pain and misery. Nobody has ever known a Pokémon that can induce sleep and cause nightmares. Professors have researched on the silhouette and the results were...inconclusive. They even tried entering the dreams by using the powers of a Pokémon called Drowzee, but for some reason they can't enter them. There seems to be some sort of psychic barrier blocking the way. One day, it's time for you to leave home and become the world's greatest Pokémon trainer. You will conquer all the Pokémon gyms, the Pokémon League and become Sinnoh's newest champion! On your travels, you will find out the real truth about this silhouette, what it is and why it's causing these horrible nightmares. You will also meet countless trainers on your travels. Before you begin your adventure, a famous professor known as Rowan, has offered to give you one of his rare Pokémon. You can either choose from Turtwig, Chimchar or Piplup. After you've chosen your Pokémon, it's time to start your adventure! You will also meet two frontier brains in your travels. One is the owner of the region's battle hall, Argenta, who studies Pokémon mythology. The other one is the owner of the battle arcade, Dahlia and she has a degree in Pokémon moves and abilities. She is very intelligent, so she is vital help source! Good luck!

This section is under construction! Please stand by.
Update: Carmaniac and I are merging our games together, we now work as partners. We have agreed to make a completely new region along with custom graphics and more, please keep and eye on this section.

Spoiler:

Lucas/Male Player

Lucas is the male player of the game. He is a friendly and talkative boy who will talk about anything! He has never met Pokémon, until now because he is leaving home, ready to start his travels with Pokémon. He lives in Twinleaf town with his mother and he is good friends with Barry (Rival). If the player chose to be a boy, he is the playable character. If the player is a girl though, Lucas will only be a NPC who gives advice.

Dawn/Female Player

Dawn is another playable character is the game only if the player chose to be female. She loves taking part in Pokémon contests and earning ribbons. She lives in Twinleaf with her mother and is good friends with Barry (Rival). She is also best friends with May from the kanto region. If the player chose to be a girl, she is the playable character, but if the player chose to be a boy, she will be only an NPC that gives help and advice.

Barry/Rival

Barry is always in a hurry and extremely impatient, and because of this, often crashes into other people or misses important details. He is incredibly determined and it is very difficult to discourage him; that is when he is defeated in Snowpoint City by an evil team called Team Galactic. He is the friend of Dawn/Lucas in the game. He will challenge you to many battles in the game. Although he is a tough trainer, he will always be a huge help in your EXP points. He has always dreamed to be just like his father, who is the frontier brain of the battle tower.

Hall Matron Argenta

Argenta is the Frontier Brain of the Battle Hall in the Sinnoh region. Argenta is one of the main characters you see in the game. Although she is a sweet and polite lady, she never gives you a chance in battle. Her Gliscor is the heart of her team with devastating moves. Her favourite thing is very strong Pokémon. If you ever see her, make sure you speak to her because she will always give you helpful tips. Argenta owns the Sinnoh regions Battle Hall. Argenta studies Pokémon mythology.

Arcade Star Dahlia

Dahlia mostly hangs around with Argenta (above). They are the best of friends and make a great team together. She is always smiling, even in the most darkest of times. She is always there to cheer you up. Like Barry, she is very impatient and absolutely nothing can discourage her. She is one of the characters that battles you until your down to the ground! Her favorite Pokemon is her beloved Dusknoir. She owns the Battle Arcade in Sinnoh. She has also got a degree in Pokémon moves and abilities.

New Screenies!
Spoiler:

These are not stolen from Raptor! Don't complain that they are! Completely my own work, compare them! They look different.

Spoiler:

For constant video updates, go to http://www.youtube.com/user/gsorby
For better quality use links below videos.

Battle VS Hall Matron Argenta and Arcade Star Dahlia (Update No.4)

HQ: Click Here

Battle VS Leader Roark

HQ: Click Here

Support Pokémon: The Nightmare!

Code:
[URL=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=196738][IMG]http://i796.photobucket.com/albums/yy250/gsorby/Pokemon%20The%20Nightmare/UB-1.png[/IMG][/URL]

Credits:
Game Developers: GSorby, Carmaniac
Starter Kit: Poccil, Flameguru
Other developers and helpers: Luka.S.J, Poccil
Sprites: GSorby, HackMew, Carmaniac
Mapping: GSorby, Carmaniac
Tilesets: Kyledove
Overworlds: GSorby
Scripts: GSorby, Poccil, Carmaniac

Last edited by gsorby; April 3rd, 2010 at 01:47 AM. Reason: Changed
Old October 3rd, 2009, 06:02 PM
Spikey-Eared Pichu
Pichu-pi!

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via AIM to Spikey-Eared Pichu
The screenshots and videos are pretty decent, but the story is extremely weak. First of all, why are Giratina and Darkrai, two legendary Pokemon who have no past history with each other, work together? Second, why are they 'swallowing' things and obliterating them? Third, why are Argenta and Dahlia a part of this? Do they contribute to the plot, at all?
Old October 3rd, 2009, 06:46 PM
|Maximus|
I'm back~

Nature: Adamant
First of all this looks horrible, I'm sorry it just does.

1st DON'T I REPEAT DON'T mix graphics.
2nd Clean up your graphics they look, bad. You need to make them look like a real POKEMON Game.
3rd keep the VS sequence I like that

Fix those things then post some screens.
Old October 4th, 2009, 01:26 AM
DestinyBender
Mana du vortes, aeria gloris.

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to DestinyBender
Err.. sorry.. I'd have to agree with VarietyVidsnet. Do you have a hacking team? If you need help, look around, I'm sure you'll find it
Love you <3

PC Family
Misty-loving sis
Evil, evil, brother
Rock-loving cousin
Uncle, King of Mafia-ness
Beauty Pair

Looking for pair -hinthint-

Also, a rival. Anyone?

Quotes from movies:
Superhero Movie
The House Bunny
Old October 4th, 2009, 05:14 AM
|Maximus|
I'm back~

You have RMXP graphics along with DPP/HGSS/FRLG stick to one set of graphics dude.
Old October 4th, 2009, 06:22 AM
|Maximus|
I'm back~

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsorby View Post
i told you to stop butting in.
Are you talking to me!? Listen dude! I'm trying to improve the junk you posted!
Old October 4th, 2009, 02:46 PM
ayevdayev
Legend

Send a message via AIM to ayevdayev Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ayevdayev
wat you said about the game doesnt math the screenshots, and the heroes and rivals are all from heartgold, and soul silver, but in the screenshots its platnum
Old October 4th, 2009, 07:29 PM
POKEMONMASTER260

I kinda wish you didn't have 1 character look like 2 different characters when they're the same person. (For instance, Lucas looks like Gold in the, "VS," thing.)

...but I like how you're borrowing some of the latest graphics & sound from the franchise! Nice work with that!

I'd like to state a 2nd opinion on this: I'm not that against mixed graphics. In fact, the very beginning of Pokemon Neo, (of which the pre-beta demo is planned to be a pre-beta version of,) is currently, (& hopefully will stay,) a mix of G/S/C & D/P/P, of which the plan is now to then transfer into live action graphics. (Might take a while-I know. In fact, making a Pokemon agme at all in Flash will probably take a while...)
I don't use, "uber," Pokemon, I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.

Last edited by POKEMONMASTER260; October 4th, 2009 at 07:38 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old October 5th, 2009, 10:47 AM
gsorby

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to gsorby Send a message via Skype™ to gsorby
Hey everyone. I will have new screenshots uploaded by saturday night (UK time).

Last edited by gsorby; October 9th, 2009 at 04:30 AM.
Old October 16th, 2009, 11:29 AM
miksy91
A GB/C Rom Hacker since 2010

Nature: Relaxed
This game looks good but I wonder how it was forgotten to second page
My Rom Hack

Hacks I support

Learn how to hack GB/C games:

Check my GameBoy/Color hacking videos in Youtube
-The video set uses Pokemon Silver (U) rom for demonstrations
Old October 17th, 2009, 07:21 AM
The_Virus21
Aquamarin Trainer

Hi there!
The VS Sequence looks good, but i don't like the battle boxes.
Even that you use the standart Tiles in a PkMn game don't looks good.

Virus
Old November 14th, 2009, 08:59 AM
gsorby

OK. Have a look at the thread now. I've completely re-done it. I think you will like it!

G
Old November 14th, 2009, 02:30 PM
Dark_Soull
Dark_Soul xD

Hello! the intro of the battle looks good but I do not like the tiles you use ... Keep striving.

good bye
Old November 14th, 2009, 09:46 PM
Luka S.J.
S.J.Ware HD

That still doesn't look very good. Your sprites are just generally bad,bad,bad. I really don't know why you are blurring the sprites, and removing the pixelation effect that pokemon have. It just looks awkward that way. You really need to improve on your sprites.

The battle boxes are still not impressive enough, and the playerbase is just weird. Look at the finer lines on the playerbase compared to the thick ones on the enemybase. It doesn't go well together, and you really need to remove all of your sprites, and put them in again, making the not blurred. I know your screenies are in JPEG, but that would still not blur the sprites so much. Work on that, the only real, good content you have right now is the VS intro, which also contains graphical things that are a bit irritating on the eye. You have nice ideas on going about doing all the special effects, but you need to remove the blur, it looks wrong.
[STOPPED][DEMO] Pokemon Blue Chrome
[DEVELOPING] S.J.Ware
[DEVELOPING] Tykanite
Old November 14th, 2009, 11:58 PM
Meowth
That's Right!
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
Send a message via AIM to Meowth Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Meowth
It's looking good so far. Keep it up :D
Old November 15th, 2009, 03:06 AM
gsorby

@Luka S.J:

Well, Okay then, could you suggest a way I can make them look better maybe? You don't have a problem because your screen size is small whereas mine's big. I want to keep my size so.
Anyway you suggest that is better would be appreciated.
Thanks!

P.S: What do you mean by blur?

Last edited by gsorby; November 15th, 2009 at 03:16 AM.
Old November 15th, 2009, 04:29 AM
Luka S.J.
S.J.Ware HD

Quote:
@Luka S.J:

Well, Okay then, could you suggest a way I can make them look better maybe? You don't have a problem because your screen size is small whereas mine's big. I want to keep my size so.
Anyway you suggest that is better would be appreciated.
Thanks!

P.S: What do you mean by blur?
Your VS banner is extremely cool, and looks just like the one from the actual games, but what i mean with the graphics is this.

Do you see the difference?

What you could do, is increase the screen size to 512 x 384 and then disable the option for changing resolutions and keep it at 0.5 resolution. That way, all of the pixelated sprites will look like the normal pokemon ones, including tiles and everything else. But you would need to convert all the blurred sprites into pixelated ones, otherwise it would look bad.

EDIT: The "what is should look like" on the right is a typo. It should say what it should look like :D
[DEVELOPING] S.J.Ware
[DEVELOPING] Tykanite

Last edited by Luka S.J.; November 15th, 2009 at 08:45 AM.
Old November 15th, 2009, 05:02 AM
gsorby

OK thank you. Oh by the way, do I have to do that to all my pokemon as well? And what did you use to do that?
G
Old November 15th, 2009, 05:31 AM
Luka S.J.
S.J.Ware HD

Quote:
OK thank you. Oh by the way, do I have to do that to all my pokemon as well? And what did you use to do that?
G
Yes...you will need to do that for all your sprites. And I just used paint to resize and arrange those.
[DEVELOPING] S.J.Ware
[DEVELOPING] Tykanite
Old November 15th, 2009, 05:56 AM
gsorby

OK. Thank you soooo much! By the way, I'm trying to make a dual screen! But it's not going well. lol
Old February 11th, 2010, 01:28 AM
gsorby

Hey everyone, stay tuned because I will revamp the thread at 5pm (UK Time, 11 Feb 10)
Old February 11th, 2010, 02:51 AM
Impo
Vital Spirit
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
i like the storyline, sort of like PMD2 .
i think you can use your blurry tiles in game .
if you enter a dream with some machine a prof makes use those tiles or vsing the monster causing bad dreams .
and ... sorry if i just let out a spoiler

...Let's play a game...
3DS FC: 3411-1566-9347
Paired to Naya Rivera & ShiningRaichu
Old February 12th, 2010, 06:03 AM
HOBOGames

Nature: Bold
Not to sound like a nub but where'd you get the character graphics? I havn't been able to find any decent rips or resources to make any decent-looking characters. I need some badly for my game.
Old February 12th, 2010, 07:20 AM
zane203
Zetsumei barer

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to zane203 Send a message via Yahoo to zane203
Ok This is all in my general OPINION
thats not really a "need" but what you have to do is if you are gonna mix them, you have to edit them all to blend together. you cant have some 8bit some 16bit and then some with full blown 300 resolution for HD O_o(which you dont but im just saying)

also from your screens, they look like good rips that were never finished =/. you can easily take the rips finish taking away the edge, get your color pallet and finish touching up the colors.

other than that keep moving dude and dont let negativity keep you down. In the long run its YOUR game... if you're making it for you and just a benefit for others, then no real need to even take to heart, but to get better at least understand their view points dude.

-ZenOokami

Old February 15th, 2010, 01:13 PM
gsorby

Thanks for all the comments guys! Stay tuned!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here