The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 29th, 2010 (05:33 AM).
maldicion069
Beginning Trainer

Do not have a release date?
A day to get me back on topic?
I've tested the latest version you uploaded and I think the new version is much better than the last.
Old August 31st, 2010 (07:55 AM).
Klofkac
He's back!

Well, we have some problems with events now and we must fix them. But good news, some new maps are done and we are working on Mithril region map.
The LATEST estimated release date of new alpha is 20 september. I hope we can do all necessary by that date.

I AM BACK!
Old September 6th, 2010 (12:17 AM).
mattfriends
Inactive... :(

Hey! In the demo why don't it have any kind of Dual Screen in there like the screenshot?
Old September 6th, 2010 (09:38 AM).
ayevdayev
Legend

Send a message via AIM to ayevdayev Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ayevdayev
Because the dual screen and touchscreen demo hasn't been released yet! It will be released either late this month or next month. Check back then!

G
Old September 17th, 2010 (07:00 AM).
Klofkac
He's back!

NEW ALPHA RELEASED

Hello. Today we released new Pokémon Mithril alpha with number 0.05.
We haven't released a new version for very long time so we are now doing it because we don't want you to wait for it much more, even though not all that we wanted to do is done. But this version brings many new things and we hope you will like and support this game!

DOWNLOAD HERE

New things and features in alpha 0.05
- Improved and fixed events
- Some maps are remade, especially Mithril Island map
- Added new features to Mithril island (but not completed yet)
- Mithril Island introduction in TV
- Added new maps (two towns and two routes)
- Play up to Mithril Island battle challenges

But that's not all, we are going to continue and make the first Beta. This will take some while but also bring many new things and improvements, such as:
- We will make completely new thread with new screenshots, videos, features description etc. and this old thread will be locked.
- Region map will be done
- All Mithril Island events and features will be done
- Region playthrough up to first gym! (trainers, town events etc.)
- And maybe much more, depending on your help.

The main reason why the progress is so slow is because we two are alone to Mithril and can't do some things, like special events, sprites etc. So we still need someone to join our team and help us.
We need especially:
- Spriter, to make hero and gym leaders sprites and OWs, because we don't want to use common PD or HGSS ones.
- Mapper, to make new maps. We need more than one mapper (me) so that maps won't look stereotype.
- Someone, who can work well with RMXP and make some special events or scripts
- And also any other people who can help somehow.

So that's all, we're looking forward to your feedback!

I AM BACK!
Old September 17th, 2010 (07:25 AM).
Rai Rai
Master of everything!

Well I just tried out the game for the first few minutes and notice that there are a graphical problem. For instance, the professor Oak sprite seemed a bit odd with the outline on it. Also I noticed the maps weren't created from a small plan in the your mind and just looks a little bad. And I think the maps would look nicer in game if you had put in a 7 tile boarder of tree's around the maps so that people don't see black boarder. Other than that, you have planned out the events rather well so far. Good luck. You might want to encrypt the game also so people don't just assume they can take any resources.
Old September 22nd, 2010 (11:41 AM).
ayevdayev
Legend

Send a message via AIM to ayevdayev Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ayevdayev
Klofkac didn't encrypt the game, (I gotta tell him to take that down!)
Yea I already know about the black backgrounds but that will be fixed in the next version (pretty easy fix)

G
Old September 22nd, 2010 (03:34 PM).
koby1
The M4's Best Freind

Nature: Hasty
Uhhh the battle system i can only run and attack...... and some touch screen buttons wont work.

Currently beta testing:
Pokemon Uranium ( And Loving it! )
Old September 23rd, 2010 (04:29 PM).
ayevdayev
Legend

which touchscreen buttons don't work?
(The pokedex and Pokegear WILL NOT work until you have received them)

G
Old September 24th, 2010 (04:30 AM).
koby1
The M4's Best Freind

Nature: Hasty
no they work fine but on mithiril island where there are patches of grass the bag and pokemon option while in battle dont work.

Currently beta testing:
Pokemon Uranium ( And Loving it! )
Old September 24th, 2010 (04:37 AM).
Luka S.J.
S.J.Ware HD

Nature: Adamant
Also some of the systems are buggy. For example, if you go to the Pokedex, click on a Pokemon to see both of their sprites, then go to check weight and height, you get stuck within those menus. I couldn't exit. Whenever I exited one of the menus, the second one popped up and so in an infinite loop...
Old September 24th, 2010 (05:21 AM).
ProdigyX
Trainer

Nature: Brave
Good work, but i think this game looks a bit rushed.
Old September 24th, 2010 (12:56 PM).
ayevdayev
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luka S.J. View Post
Also some of the systems are buggy. For example, if you go to the Pokedex, click on a Pokemon to see both of their sprites, then go to check weight and height, you get stuck within those menus. I couldn't exit. Whenever I exited one of the menus, the second one popped up and so in an infinite loop...

I know about that, getting it fixed but it's too bad II cant code.
I don't have a team if you didn't notice, It's just me and klofkac.

G
Old October 1st, 2010 (07:30 PM). Edited October 1st, 2010 by Coronation.
Coronation
Psychic Gym Leader

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Coronation
This game has been a lot of fun so far! I really enjoyed parts of this game, like the TV channels and the Mew following you. The animations are very nice as well, most games don't have those. I haven't found any problems so far besides the text errors, which is probably an easy fix. The download did come with the rx.data and stuff, which shouldn't be there, but that's not major.

I recently got found Pokerus while wondering in that labyrinth cave without Flash and fighting Zubats. I wonder if I'm the first person to find it. I put up screenshots of me finding it.

I wish you the best of luck with the development of this game and hopes it becomes a sucess! :D

Old October 2nd, 2010 (10:00 AM).
ayevdayev
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coronation View Post
This game has been a lot of fun so far! I really enjoyed parts of this game, like the TV channels and the Mew following you. The animations are very nice as well, most games don't have those. I haven't found any problems so far besides the text errors, which is probably an easy fix. The download did come with the rx.data and stuff, which shouldn't be there, but that's not major.

I recently got found Pokerus while wondering in that labyrinth cave without Flash and fighting Zubats. I wonder if I'm the first person to find it. I put up screenshots of me finding it.

I wish you the best of luck with the development of this game and hopes it becomes a sucess! :D

I think you are the first to get Pokerus.

G
Old October 24th, 2010 (08:46 PM).
pokemonseablueversion
Pokemon Addict

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Yahoo to pokemonseablueversion Send a message via Skype™ to pokemonseablueversion
Hey. I read that you need a mapper. I'll be happy to be one, but I can only help you on weekends because I'm busy with schoolwork. Just give me the name and I'll happily map it if you'll give me your tilesets to work on that is. And you know, you can really use to make some banners.....
Old October 28th, 2010 (11:34 AM).
ayevdayev
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemonseablueversion View Post
Hey. I read that you need a mapper. I'll be happy to be one, but I can only help you on weekends because I'm busy with schoolwork. Just give me the name and I'll happily map it if you'll give me your tilesets to work on that is. And you know, you can really use to make some banners.....
PM Klofkac about that. I can't do anything about that.

G
Old November 23rd, 2010 (03:19 PM).
starterra
The Zoroark Trainer

Nature: Adamant
Do you still need a new mapper? PM me if you do, I'd be happy to help with a project like this (no matter how 'cliche' your story is (Ah, I'm just kidding about that)).

Old November 27th, 2010 (10:36 AM).
Klofkac
He's back!

Thanks for your offer.
But now, Pokémon Mithril is stopped. Because of very poor interest and support from other people. So I don't know if we will even continue making this game.
Ayevdayev should now write his opinion, if he still wants to continue with Mithril. If yes, I will send you instructions.

I AM BACK!
Old December 5th, 2010 (10:46 AM).
ayevdayev
Legend

I wrote my opinion but then my internet disconnected and I was like "DAMN!"
Anyways I want to start working on Mithril again.
8)

PS: IF WERE GOING TO START WORKING ON MITHRIL AGAIN I WANT ABSOLUTELY NO BLACK/WHITE POKEMON!

G
Old December 5th, 2010 (11:12 AM). Edited December 6th, 2010 by me2hack.
me2hack
Graphics Artist

I wouldn't go for B/W pokemon either. But try to come up with something that makes this game stand out.

Downloading demo now. Will post my opinion later.

Edit: I'd like to help this game, if you guys are even gonna continue.
I can map, and sprite for this game. Hell, I'd even try make custom scripts for it, I'm still new to scripting though.

Old December 7th, 2010 (12:10 PM).
DarkDoom3000
Super Pokemon Eevee Edition

Nature: Calm
Yeah- its ok if you leave B/W pokemon out. majority of them look awful anyway.

plus you would have to create custom backsprites if you were to do them- because of the new b/w battle system, meaning you see the whole pokemon, resulting in a smaller backsprite.
Old December 7th, 2010 (12:22 PM).
Klofkac
He's back!

Well, I also don't want B/W pokémons to be in Mithril. So don't worry, they will NOT be in our game :-)

And good news!
Our team has a new member, me2hack! He will be our mapper, spriter and helper.
But we still want new members to join our team, so if you like Pokémon Mithril and want to help it, just leave a message here!
Pokémon Mithril is not yet dead (for now, at least).

I AM BACK!
Old December 7th, 2010 (12:49 PM).
me2hack
Graphics Artist

Thank you for having me. =3

Old December 14th, 2010 (02:50 PM).
ayevdayev
Legend

Mithril can't die just yet!
Not while I'm alive

G
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links