The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 6th, 2009, 06:11 PM
Jayje
The First Maker

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via AIM to Jayje Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Jayje Send a message via Yahoo to Jayje

Advertise here

The Concept

I'm making a game where you create your own monsters and battle them against other creators (or Makers, as they're called). This is a remake of a failed project that I intend to finish it this time. I know this isn't a pokemon game but I figured folks wolks would be interested anyway

The Story

Spoiler:
You play the role of Aron/Eryn (more this in Cast), a young orphan living in a cabin in the forest with your grandfather Oron, a world-class Maker.

While you're away at the Fusion House creating your first Monstruct, your grandfather Oron is approached by three shady characters (2 men and 1 woman)named Johl, Cirt and Vayn. He welcomes them into his and, after a light lunch, asks how he can help them. The leader, Vayn asks if Oron would be willing to share his Maker Formula with them and even offers to pay him handsomely. Oron refuses. As you return home with your new friend, you find him being threatened by the group. You ask your grandpa what's happening; he tells you to run. A battle ensues as Oron keeps them busy while you escape. You run away as an explosion booms behind you blowing you into a tree. You lose consciousness.

Later, a young girl/boy finds you and takes you home. You wake up in a room you don't recognize and find out that you've been brought back to the Fusion House you just came from ealier. The owner says his niece/nephew, Flix found you in the forest passed out two days ago. You ask if your grandpa is there as well and the owner tells you the news that he was found missing, his house a complete ruin. The owner says you can stay with him and Flix, as you mourn your loss.

Later, you and Flin go to your house to find any clues to your grandpa's whereabouts. There you see a figure cloaked in black staring at the wreckage. As you walk closer you hear whispering.

"I'm sorry, old friend. I wasn't there in time to help you..."

He turns around just as you approach and you question him about Oron. He promises to tell you if you have a Monstruct Match with. After the battle, he speaks with you briefly and he leaves; you and Flin continue on your search. A flash catches your attention. Out of the corner of your eye you see a package with a letter with you name on it under a floor board. You open it and you read it. It asks you to meet your grandfather at Sunshine Island Resort.

You fold the note back and get ready to leave, determined to finish what Oron started, no matter what.

Now you embark on a journey to complete your grandfather's work. You'll face may challenges, fierce beasts and see great things that will change you forever--all while creating Monstructs of your own and avoiding the three people who attacked your grandfather.

But who was that man at Oron's house and what was his relationship with him?

The Cast
Spoiler:
Aron/Eryn(Hero)

Caste: Unknown

A young orphan travelling the world trying to finish your grandfather's work. You're also looking for clues as to his whereabouts.

Oron(Missing)

Caste: Soil

A Master Maker who was creating a masterpiece when he was attacked. He disappears after battling the Malicious Trio

Flix(Friend)

He/she is a friend of yours ever since you were little. His/her uncle owns the Fusion House you use early in the game. Flix goes off to challenge the Makers at Grand Circle to become Champion.

Johl (Leader of the Malicious Trio)
Caste: Ember

Cold-hearted and burning with ambition, he destroys anything in his path. No one knows why he wants Oron's new Monstruct designs. But he's going to get them regardless of the cost.

Cirt (Member of the Malicious Trio)
Caste: Metal

A quiet man with no real moral compass. He'll follow anyone as long as their goals interests him. Not even his partners know that much about him or his past.

Vayn (Member of the Malicious Trio)
Caste: Gem

A natural beauty with a penchant for all things glamorous, she brings a lady's touch to the group. Totally in love wth Vayd, she'd do anything and everything he says without question.

Stranger(????)
While you may know nothing about this mysterious man, he seems to know everything about you and you grandfather. Who is he?

The Setting

Spoiler:
In the distant past, a young alchemist was working with a formula for water transmutation, accidently mispronounced something and created a living being. Thus was the first Monstruct born and the world was changed forever.

Now alchemy is the power that shapes the world. Many deadly illnesses are cured with a pill and everyday problems are solved with ease. People even move from place to place in an instant. In the midst of it all are the Makers, men and women gifted with the ability to create Monstructs. Some use them for work, some for companionship, others for glory. But everyone knows that these mysterious creatures are apart of their lives.

Castes/Aspects

Each Monstruct is derived from nine Castes split into three Aspects of creation.

Aspect

Element(The vital power of the natural world)

Soil

Breeze

Ember

Tide

Mystic(That mysterious force that guides the hearts of living creatures)

Halo

Aura

Shade

Form(Those things used and shaped by the hands of man)

Gem

Metal

Each of these categories have their own traits and weaknesses which will be explained later.

The Features

Main

Spoiler:
Choose your gender (you have a choice of being a boy or girl)
Minigames
Missions (send your creations on jobs to gain great stuff)
Tournaments (Challenge other Makers to be the best!)
Monstruct Creation (the coolest part of the game XD)
Battle Tile System (turn the tide of battle with a flip of a tile)
Enhancement/Synergy System (transform your creations with items or fuse them to make an even stronger one)
Side Quests
Active Day and Night System
Calendar System(certain events occur depending on the day, week or month)

other stuff (maybe)
PvP battles?

Gameplay
The game will be broken up into 9 - 10 chapters, each with a mini-boss and a boss to complete it. Along with puzzles to solve as well.

ScreenshotsNew and Improved!!
Spoiler:

The Fuse house, where Makers create Monstructs.

While you're away, The Malicious Trio make you grandpa an offer he shouldn't refuse.

After you escape the Trio, an old friend finds you passed out in the forest.

While looking for clues, you see a strange man snooping around the ruins of your home.

Well that should do for now. I'll post pics of the Monstructs later if folks are interested. Any questions or comments are welcomed. Thanks :D

Now I Have a User Bar! YYAAYYYYY!!! (more to come)

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.

Last edited by Jayje; February 19th, 2010 at 11:55 AM.
Old October 7th, 2009, 11:46 AM
|Maximus|
I'm back~

Nature: Adamant
w00t First Post! Well, this game could use some work. First, close up the maps and add some more detail. The maps look really open. Second, don't make things so obvious like "Would you like to be the Master Maker?" That is too obvious, you should probably add some more details into the text.

I want to see this project excel!
Old October 7th, 2009, 01:07 PM
Jayje
The First Maker

Send a message via AIM to Jayje Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Jayje Send a message via Yahoo to Jayje
thanks for the crit, i'll try diffrent things with the maps

on a different note, i figured i'd post some of the guys you'll be playing with.

i'm posting one from each caste.

Mudd

Bubol

Flamer

Gusto

DeVoid

Shynesola

Chi-Ki-Ra

Quarx

Nugget

hopefully you folks'll enjoy them.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.

Last edited by Jayje; October 10th, 2009 at 06:52 PM.
Old October 7th, 2009, 01:12 PM
Ravecat
I'm Right.

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by VarietyVidsnet View Post
"Would you like to be the Master Maker?" That is too obvious, you should probably add some more details into the text.
Preettttty sure it doesn't actually say that.
Old October 7th, 2009, 01:59 PM
|Maximus|
I'm back~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravecat View Post
Preettttty sure it doesn't actually say that.
Look at one of the screenshots. I know what I saw
Old October 7th, 2009, 02:20 PM
Jayje
The First Maker

look let's not get silly about it. i'll take the useful crit and make some changes. okay?

Old October 8th, 2009, 01:38 AM
Ravecat
I'm Right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VarietyVidsnet View Post
Look at one of the screenshots. I know what I saw
"Hello. would you be the Master Maker Oron?"
He's asking the cloaked man if he is "Master Maker Oron".
He's not saying "Would you like to be the Master Maker?", like you're suggesting.
Read harder.

And it looks okay.. Original at least. I'd like to see more than overworlds before I really comment.

Last edited by Ravecat; October 8th, 2009 at 02:21 AM.
Old October 8th, 2009, 11:04 AM
|Maximus|
I'm back~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravecat View Post
"Hello. would you be the Master Maker Oron?"
He's asking the cloaked man if he is "Master Maker Oron".
He's not saying "Would you like to be the Master Maker?", like you're suggesting.
Read harder.

And it looks okay.. Original at least. I'd like to see more than overworlds before I really comment.
Ok, listen I don't want to start anything. Maybe I should've read a little bit harder.
Old October 8th, 2009, 01:06 PM
Ravecat
I'm Right.

Don't worry, I'm not trying to start anything.

Any word on battle screenshots?
Old October 8th, 2009, 01:33 PM
Jayje
The First Maker

glad you guys worked that out. oh btw those monstructs aren't over worlds they're battle charas

here's what i mean

this is the battle system so far.

Last edited by Jayje; October 10th, 2009 at 09:44 PM.
Old October 9th, 2009, 12:58 PM
HeavyOctillery
Locked & Loaded

It definitely looks interesting. I think this is the first time here that I've seen an original idea with some actual potential behind it.

Just one thing: Ya' need better battle sprites BADLY. >.<

If ya want this to be a usable emote, copy & paste to show your support!

Support Amber IDE.......because, seriously, we need an actual Pokemon game engine.

For those who don't know, Nintendo has shut down Pokemon Fusion Generation in a massive case of overreach.
Let's show Nintendo that that ain't acceptable.
Use the hashtag #FreePFG on Twitter, so that one guy's hard work isn't erased.

Feel free to PM me if ya have any questions.
Old October 9th, 2009, 01:51 PM
Jayje
The First Maker

I figured folks would be more interested if i posted some more on one of the more interesting elements of gameplay: Battle Tiles.

Think of them as kind of like yugioh/ or bakugan cards. they give certain benefits or disadvantages based on which one you play.
they're broken up into three groups:

Domain
These basically provide a staging ground for your team to attack from. Here are examples of what they look like.

Action
You use them to sometimes augemt your Team or hurt an opponent's. More Examples of these are:

Trigger
Depending on certain conditions these can have a game changing effect on the Match. (Examples coming soon)

hope this answers any questions you might have

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyOctillery View Post
It definitely looks interesting. I think this is the first time here that I've seen an original idea with some actual potential behind it.

Just one thing: Ya' need better battle sprites BADLY. >.<
Thanks Heavy Oct. I've been thinking of this idea for awhile now.

Last edited by Jayje; October 9th, 2009 at 02:49 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old October 10th, 2009, 02:17 AM
BrainWave
A new idea sprouts

Your concepts on monstructs are interesting. Your game really looks promising here.
Old October 10th, 2009, 09:20 AM
Jayje
The First Maker

thanks. i try to do a bit better each day

Old October 18th, 2009, 03:55 PM
Jayje
The First Maker

here's a video showing how Monstructs are made. ENJOY!!

Old October 20th, 2009, 05:12 AM
skrullman
Beginning Trainer

I don't know what to say
Looks Good
Old October 20th, 2009, 03:10 PM
Jayje
The First Maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skrullman View Post
I don't know what to say
Looks Good
thanks. you had me concerned a bit when you said that first part. lol

Old October 20th, 2009, 03:25 PM
|Maximus|
I'm back~

It looks ok. You need to add more stuff into it. I used to have that problem, you get right to the point without really explaining or adding detail. Add some more details. I don't know it's hard to explain.
Old October 20th, 2009, 03:40 PM
Spikey-Eared Pichu
Pichu-pi!

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via AIM to Spikey-Eared Pichu
The idea is good, very good actually. But, the 'Monstructs', and the graphics you're using are, in my opinion, a bit bland. I can relate that since your making a non-Pokemon fangame that the only other decent sprites out there for RPG Maker XP are the ones it comes with, but why not spice em up a bit?
Old October 21st, 2009, 09:15 AM
Jayje
The First Maker

well the monstruct are made by me. and the tiles are what they are. i really don't want to use ripped tiles if i can help it.

here's a look at the Emporium, you one stop shop for just about everything.

Last edited by Jayje; October 21st, 2009 at 09:03 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old November 18th, 2009, 11:19 AM
GoOnRed
Beginning Trainer

Good Luck for your project.
It's strange, but I like your game.
Old November 18th, 2009, 10:33 PM
Jayje
The First Maker

thnx, @Go on red. Btw folks i'm still making the game. just in the midst of mapping things out. will post pics soon.

Old December 20th, 2009, 04:39 AM
Jayje
The First Maker

hey folks!. just letting everyone know i'm still workin on this game. i've been doing alot of mapping.
here's Some of what i've done. This is the Library in Grand City. this plays an important role in the game.

hope you like' em. l8rs

Old December 20th, 2009, 04:49 AM
The Dewitty
Developing an awesome game.

Nature: Sassy
Game looks good. Though, your battle stuff needs to be polished a bit.

~Ledyba~
Old December 20th, 2009, 05:10 AM
Jayje
The First Maker

yeah i working on the battle system and such, but since its just me, its all i got to work with.

Last edited by Jayje; January 16th, 2010 at 07:44 AM.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here