The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 19th, 2010, 12:02 PM
Jayje
The First Maker

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via AIM to Jayje Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Jayje Send a message via Yahoo to Jayje
Hey folks! still working on this. In fact I have a new map to show off and dish out some interesting info on a game feature.

This is the Job Center, where you send your Monstruct out on jobs helping folks. What makes this interesting is i'm using a Dispatch system similar to FFTA (Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced)which i'm proud of(took me awhile to event it).

i'll post up more stuff soon for you guys. L8R!
Attached Thumbnails
Job Center.png‎  

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old February 19th, 2010, 04:04 PM
amarj3
Trainer

looks good, good luck in completing the game mate
Old February 19th, 2010, 09:51 PM
Jayje
The First Maker

Send a message via AIM to Jayje Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Jayje Send a message via Yahoo to Jayje
thanks i appreciate the support

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old February 19th, 2010, 10:43 PM
Yuoaman
Legen- wait for it...
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayje View Post
Hey folks! still working on this. In fact I have a new map to show off and dish out some interesting info on a game feature.

This is the Job Center, where you send your Monstruct out on jobs helping folks. What makes this interesting is i'm using a Dispatch system similar to FFTA (Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced)which i'm proud of(took me awhile to event it).

i'll post up more stuff soon for you guys. L8R!
I have to say that the map could definitely be better. You have far too much open space in the room, you have to bring in the walls quite a bit. :\

Suit Up!
Awesome REGULAR MEMBER THAT OCCASIONALLY FREQUENTS FORUMS.

"pps new screenie" - No, really shut up yuoaman.

Haaave you read my LP?
Pokémon Quartz - The only one really worth reading.

What about my [Un]Abridged series?
Aquaman the Unabridged Parody Series - Language warning.

The Playbook: My Anime List | Raptr | BackLoggery | Twitter

83% of this signature is empty space.

-dary!
Old February 20th, 2010, 02:01 AM
Jayje
The First Maker

yeah i noticed that. so i fixed it. thanks for the comment

Old May 1st, 2010, 09:49 AM
Jayje
The First Maker

Hey folks! I know it's been awhile since i've last posted here but I've been really busy with this game and I'm almost done! The storyline is finished; now I'm busy with the graphics(mainly battlers and background and other stuff). here's a look what I did so far.

Burrowwide Mines. Lots of goodies here.

There's scares aplenty in the Forsaken Ruins.

This is a preview of what you'll face if you take on one of the three side quests.

The Cauldron - Where the final battle is waiting...

New Monstructs

These are some of Initate Ranked Monstructs you'll be able to make.

Lithograph(I know it looks like a thwomp!)

Flamesword

Hydrofoil

Spinnercane

Heliorb

Night Hood

Powerpole

Silver Bullet

Dominopal

Well, that's it for now. just wanted to let you know this isn't. Thanks Again.!

Old July 5th, 2010, 03:16 AM
Jayje
The First Maker

hey guys. just wanted to say that although goin has been abit slow, progress is still being made for this game. i've FINALLY finished the last set of Monstructs. these are the Fusions and Enhancements(created by either fusing two or more monstructs/ equipping a monstruct with an accessory).

Warrior Gorgon

Winged Fireswordsman

Wandering Monk

Wave Dancer

Thor

Tzitzimitl

Son Goku

Trikaratops

ShininGarou

Well that's it for now. will show more stuff soon.

Old July 5th, 2010, 05:33 AM
Yuoaman
Legen- wait for it...
Community Supporter

I really wish that your project would get more attention Jayje, being one of the few non-Pokemon projects currently posted in our forum. Despite that I must say I'm looking forward to playing this, and though the spriting on your Monstructs isn't the greatest I've ever seen, I think they fit really well with the style of the project.

Suit Up!

Haaave you read my LP?

-dary!
Old July 5th, 2010, 08:17 AM
Jayje
The First Maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuoaman View Post
I really wish that your project would get more attention Jayje, being one of the few non-Pokemon projects currently posted in our forum. Despite that I must say I'm looking forward to playing this, and though the spriting on your Monstructs isn't the greatest I've ever seen, I think they fit really well with the style of the project.
i can understand why this is so low key. there's alot of great games with awesome graphics and other bells and whistles that this doesn't have(though i try my best). my guess is that its a bit jarring to see my style of battlers and seeing regular pokemon sprites.

eh, what can you do, right?

Old July 5th, 2010, 08:43 AM
DigimonMaster
Lurkermon

Well you could always try spriting some of your monsters if you wanted to. For example:
Attached Images

Old July 5th, 2010, 09:57 AM
Jayje
The First Maker

yeah i tried spriting. but i like the style i'm using for thses guys. makes them stand out for the rest. ya know?

on a separate note i want to show off some of the back grounds i made as well. i thinking of s\doing some revamp on them soon.

well back to work for me...
Attached Thumbnails
FortMount(full).png‎   Watercave.png‎   Jungle(over).png‎   Volcano1stflr(over).png‎   Purity Lake.png‎  

Last edited by Jayje; July 5th, 2010 at 10:05 AM. Reason: pics too big...
Old July 6th, 2010, 11:10 AM
AceDragonite
Champion

Nature: Bold
I'm sorry, but this is absolutely genius, this has an exclelent plot and I could easily see this on nintendo ds, you should pitch it to someone.
Old July 6th, 2010, 11:55 AM
Jayje
The First Maker

Thanks, Ace. it would be sweet if they did pick it up though wouldn't it? oh btw i have a support banner for this too. it in my sig so adit if you're interested

Old July 7th, 2010, 06:59 AM
AceDragonite
Champion

Nature: Bold
I have too much banners in my sig, lol *uses spoiler* I'm not sure of your spriting ability, but if you could make some kind of Diamond Dragon, it would be sweet.
Old July 7th, 2010, 10:31 AM
Jayje
The First Maker

understandable. this game isn't using sprites at all. i'm drawing and photoshoping everything since i haven't any help. besides. i'm not that good with spriting

Old July 7th, 2010, 11:51 AM
DigimonMaster
Lurkermon

Ah so all the battle environments and monsters are going to be hand drawn eh? I might actually be help with that, check out some of my stuff
photobucket.com/albums/v157/redrobster20/my%20drawings/
If your interested PM me I can can sketch some stuff up and see if you like it.

Old July 7th, 2010, 12:30 PM
Jayje
The First Maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigimonMaster View Post
Ah so all the battle environments and monsters are going to be hand drawn eh? I might actually be help with that, check out some of my stuff
photobucket.com/albums/v157/redrobster20/my%20drawings/
If your interested PM me I can can sketch some stuff up and see if you like it.
thanks for the offer Digi, but i'm kinda enjoy doing all this stuff myself. it gives me the chance to really be creative. plus most of the envirionments and such are done.

Thanks again!

Old July 8th, 2010, 12:33 AM
Chevy_Blue
Beginning Trainer

Okay! I'm gonna get all the negative stuff out of the way first so you can focus on the nice stuff I say by reading it last :3

Bad1. Your monstruct images...are terrible. I don't think they suit the style, I don't think they're even usable :/ They DO stick out but only because all the other stuff is so much better.
Bad2. Watched the video on creating a monstruct...well, it was okay but the person is terrible, is it a placeholder image which will/has been replaced?
Mini-Bad; The userbar you have is cool but the monstruct you used in it seems to have unneeded white pixels which make it look....bad. And the sudden jump from one text to the other when all other text transitions are a smooth fade is jarring 0.0

..... :D Now on to the good!

This is an amazing concept! The creation and fusing etc. and having jobs to send them on, the story is fantastic and believable in a this-is-a-game/movie kinda way xD But that's cool.

The rest of the art is also great, from the posts I got the feeling these were ones included with RPG Maker XP. Some of it though, like the Battle Cards...well the Tide Caste one is fine, but the colour-scheme of the flame one makes it much harder to read - I can read it, but it's nowhere near as clear as the Tide one.

I think it's because of how bright the inner colour is, if you used a duller red[the way the Tide one is duller] then it would work fine! :3

Hm, this feels more like it goes in the bad section, but it's not bad per se, more that it could just be better and is easily fixed.

I think the game design in-and-of-itself is definitely good enough to be a DS game, as was said by someone earlier. I really could see this being on the DS but only if all the art design/quality was brought in to line with the overworld/character tiles and sprites.

:D However after all that I am definitely looking forward to this being completed and released! I'll be dropping in now and then[since I have a lot of sites to work through xD] to check out the updates and maybe even find a link soon enough

Also, I think it's really cool how you did this all by yourself! I've tried using Game Maker XP but I guess my mind-set just isn't geared towards it 'cos I can't seem to figure it out, despite it supposedly being so easy everyone and their grandma could use it xD

^-^ ~ Good luck! <3

Old July 8th, 2010, 03:36 AM
Jayje
The First Maker

Thanks for your thoughts Chevy. i'll defintatey take your comments to heart. it shows you think enough of my project to give an honest opinion.

Old July 8th, 2010, 04:38 AM
Chevy_Blue
Beginning Trainer

:3 No problem Jayje, I've also realised I forgot to say I love the title splash art at the start of your post <3 ^`^

Unfortunately I'm not able to provide as in-depth an analysis of this as the rest of your work 'x3
I think it's because you have all that colour in the title, which is very pretty but stands out just fine/not too much because of the thick outline of the text, and having so little colour in the rest of the image means it's not over-crowded/too busy.

It's also not too squished up, I don't know about anybody else but I like how evenly spread out the monstructs are around the name too :3

Old July 15th, 2010, 06:29 AM
Jayje
The First Maker

Hey folks i know its been awhile since I've last said anything, so i thought i'd show off a new image for you all.

this is one of the main bad guys of the game. His name's Dessecado, the spirit of the desert. What do you guys think?

oh as a side note, i wanted to give you guys a little inside info. When you go into battle, you WILL NOT be able to access your item bag!
don't worry, i've come up with a way around this that will give the game a more interesting twist.
Attached Thumbnails
Dessecado.png‎  

Old July 22nd, 2010, 01:03 AM
Yuoaman
Legen- wait for it...
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayje View Post
Hey folks i know its been awhile since I've last said anything, so i thought i'd show off a new image for you all.

this is one of the main bad guys of the game. His name's Dessecado, the spirit of the desert. What do you guys think?

oh as a side note, i wanted to give you guys a little inside info. When you go into battle, you WILL NOT be able to access your item bag!
don't worry, i've come up with a way around this that will give the game a more interesting twist.
I actually really like the appearance of Dessecado, it actually looks a little malevolent, which is a problem with a lot of 'ghost' characters I see.

Suit Up!

Haaave you read my LP?

-dary!
Old July 22nd, 2010, 06:54 AM
Jayje
The First Maker

thanks, Yuoaman. thats exactly what i was goin for. took me forever to get right with photoshop

Old July 28th, 2010, 12:56 AM
Chevy_Blue
Beginning Trainer

:D Ah! Yeah, I love this guy, Jayje! ^`^ Dessecado looks great and he's got this odd sort of style which fits with your game, but despite the odd contrast between the body and the skull he still looks alright :3

Maybe you could add some more outlining to the teeth of the skull? Everything else is so darkly outlined it looks like you didn't mean for it to be that way, it sorta blends together.

Old July 28th, 2010, 04:32 AM
RebornKing
Beginning Trainer

Your game is PURE genius. Its a game that people choose not to recognise but should be. Its one of the few games that is unique in its own way and has its own story and plot and not following another. Hopefully you release a beta soon or the full game. I want to play it

Good luck!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links