The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 28th, 2010, 07:34 PM
Jayje
The First Maker

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via AIM to Jayje Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Jayje Send a message via Yahoo to Jayje

Advertise here
i wanted to thank everyone for all the support and interest in this project. i'm probably going to have a demo out soon (prob Early to Mid Aug) it'll most likely go up to the first boss(which will also included a mini boss as well) keep posted folks and i'll keep workin.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old August 20th, 2010, 08:16 AM
Jayje
The First Maker

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via AIM to Jayje Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Jayje Send a message via Yahoo to Jayje
thanks for all the support and thought on this project folks. i want to show off some more things i've done and ask for some help from you you all.

first the graphics

Randumby

This lil fella gives you random loot when you beat it.(in all honesty i had no idea how to give the player certain item and this was my solution)

Dragon

Just a dragon you fight in Skyreach Mountains.

And two more bosses for your viewing consideration....

Bones the Jailer

This guy is generally just creepy and has some freaky attacks too.

Automaton Knight

A general damage sponge, but can really dish it out in return.
######################################################################################

Finally, I have come to a rather sticky wicket as it were. In the rare moments I get to relax, I've been playing an old SNES game called Rudra no Hihou(Treasure of the Rudra) and I saw how they did their magic system. It got me thinking about making the skill aquisition system.

I'm not too fond of the way you get them by leveling up. but i've kinda been leaning towards a reworked version of the Rudra style. (ie the hero reaches a certain and learns a certain that unlocks a skill)

My question is what kinda suggestions do you guys have any other ideas ? i wanna stay away from the whole TM/HM like in pokemon.

feel free to offer your thoughts...

T.I.A.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.

Last edited by Jayje; August 21st, 2010 at 04:16 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here