Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase
Reload this Page Pokémon Garnet Version~

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: What type of menù/ alternate screen would fit Garnet better?
Touch screen! 701 71.90%
Side screen! (like the Carbon one for the position) 244 25.03%
Other! (please explain in the topic) 30 3.08%
Voters: 975. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old December 9th, 2010 (05:18 PM).
Moogle King

Nature: Jolly
After looking at them more and more I think they look really cool and i like them just as much as the old ones. Even though most people think this ones aren't as good as the old ones. There is a certain style to these that just make it unique to your game. If the sprites for all your new pokemon(Fakemon) were in the same style i think that would give your game a different look from the other ones. Anyway hope do you really good on the game and I hope my comment was useful in some way.

Old December 10th, 2010 (03:41 AM).
Master of Palettes
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by mercurysky:

Let me introduce you the new starters of Garnet!
They need love. So much love. XD

Inood - the loyalty pokémon (grass)
Frilzard - the frill pokémon (fire)
Finovre - the voracious pokémon (water)
I don't like them. Not because it's a different style, even though now they are, everything will have to be changed or not fit, but because they just don't look as good. The palettes are less colourful, which doesn't fit with the games tiles or trainer sprites. There is significantly less detail in the eyes, to such an extent that on Finvore you can't even tell where he's looking. And finally, they're just less unique. Finvore looks very similar to Gible, Inood like some others I can't think of and Dirzlard just plain strange. It's eyes look like they are attached at the edges to the side of its head!

Don't take this terribly badly, but it looks as if you've taken a step back.

Demo Beta out Now!

Old December 11th, 2010 (09:23 AM).
Lurkermon

Nature: Relaxed
I'm very sorry to say that I too think that the game has taken a loss with the change in starters. When I first discovered this game while surfing the forum it was the unique and interesting starter designs that drew me in. The shading/lighting seems a bit better done on these newer ones but surely there must have been a way to make the mechanics work for the original designs? If your going to keep the current lineup then I would suggest re-positioning Frilzard's head to better see that mischievous toothy grin. Also his eyes seem a little too far off to the side now, I know some lizards like chameleons have eyes that bug out like that but I think it takes away from the design. Inood... I'm not sure what to suggest for him, he seems just... Bland. There's no expression on his face, he needs personality. Also you may want to recolor the nose to a lighter shade, maybe more pink or go with a black like a actual dog nose, right now he kind of has a Rudolf thing going on and it's rather distracting. And Finvore, again the eyes I think need re-positioned they seem kind of awkwardly placed right now, though that just may be because of the way he's standing, I think he would either work better as a quadruped or he needs to have a neck that allows him to face forward. I get that he's supposed to be sharklike but his current design just looks off.
Please keep in mind none of this is meant harshly, I am simply trying to offer constructive criticism.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old December 11th, 2010 (11:40 AM).
DMR's ar kewl so I herd

Nature: Docile
Quote originally posted by DarkDoom3000:
The fire and grass ones look gud, the water one does look too close to gilbe (or whatever). and it's eyebrow looks weird.

what did the old starters look like?
Look at my Pokemon Garnet banner on my sig, those were the first starters
Old December 11th, 2010 (12:05 PM). Edited December 11th, 2010 by DarkDoom3000.
Super Pokemon Eevee Edition

Nature: Calm
^ Ah, lighting is better on new starters. but I might have to agree with the others, the older starters look better. I don't care for either version of the fire one, but the grass bird and the old shark look really original.

ah well, what's done is done. time to move on.

The new ones look good, but the old one looked a bit better. imo.
Old December 11th, 2010 (12:26 PM).
MarshmallowFluffs

Nature: Gentle
I like the starters! I think they are really cute and professional in my opinion. Cant wait to play this!
Old December 12th, 2010 (11:14 PM).

Location: Bounce Around. Oh the life of an out of state college student.
Nature: Quirky
I like the new starters and the Inood is adorable! I would love to have something like that as a pet
Old December 14th, 2010 (10:00 AM).
aspiring mapper

Nature: Lonely
Hey, by the way this game will always be on my top 10 no matter where it takes us or the faces we meet along the way. I take this time to bow my head in respect for the sprites that were lost in the creation of this still wonderful game, then take a moment to say welcome to the world inood and finvore, and also I say to the creators keep up the awesome work I now first hand that juggling game development and life is frustrating, and I am completely grateful that you are willing to create a world that all will someday be able to enjoy and love, I truly hope that this game sees full development and I will be waiting at the end of that journey commenting along the way.
Old December 15th, 2010 (05:47 AM).

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to help-14
Finally, this is video about garnet's photo editor ^^ Just a little test ^^

Demo is comming soon. Maybe new year if i don't have too much homework.
Old December 15th, 2010 (10:00 AM).

I hope the sprites move in this game. It looks good.
Old December 15th, 2010 (12:49 PM).
Super Pokemon Eevee Edition

Nature: Calm
Very Nice, I love it. Only thing I can complain about is that the transition time when the touch screen is switching from menu to photo mode seems to be kinda slow.

Can you move while taking photos? never really experienced this touch screen business. (if yes, it would remedy the above problem)
Old December 15th, 2010 (03:29 PM).
da bomb. :)

i honestly feel like the new starters are more appropriate. the first evolutions of starters are supposed to be cute and defenseless, because it seems like such a suprise when they evolve into huge beasts. i mean, just compare charmander to charizard, totodile to feraligatr, torchic to blaziken, turtwig to torterra, and oshawott to daikenki. that was the pokemon company's original idea. c: and i feel like the old starters looked as if they had already evolved once, soo i definitely think the new starters are better for first evolutions. :) the old starters might be good for second evolutions though. fosho. haha. :)
i'm really looking forward to a demo/beta of this. it seems SUPER original. like, a completely new game, instead of just 'beat eight gyms, collect pokemanz'. hahaha

Old December 15th, 2010 (04:03 PM). Edited December 15th, 2010 by qaz015393.
pokemon revenge developer

great storyline, trainers & idea guys. also nice starters u re-choose. im hoping 2 see some great progress with this.

great storyline, trainers & idea guys. also nice starters u re-choose. im hoping 2 see some great progress with this.

POKEMON REVENGE TEAM IS looking for members APPLY HERE so the hack can continue.

3Ds Fc= 0619-4312-9526 IgN is Near My trade shop is here
Old December 15th, 2010 (05:15 PM).

i hv to admit i HATE fakemons but i just LOVE your work, ill wait to final release to play, CONGRATULATIONS!
Old December 16th, 2010 (06:23 PM).
love below
Gold Tier

Nature: Adamant
Wow, the starters look amazing, imho. Your team of pixel artists have really outdone themselves, those may even surpass the quality of the 4th generation sprites.
I'll admit that Frillzard's pallete bothers me a bit, although I'm guessing it's lighter to show it as younger, cuter, and more starter-ish, as Toastier had said.
The photo system looks great as well, it certainly is a unique and cool feature for the game, Help has done a great job yet again.
I have nothing but praise for this game, good luck with the development process.

paired to kaori & vrai
Old December 18th, 2010 (05:26 AM).

in the first beach pic where did you get that water?
Old December 18th, 2010 (09:40 AM).
Lurkermon

Nature: Relaxed
The camera system looks great, the game in general continues to impress. I've recently had a chance to play Pokemon Black/White and must say it is rather disappointing, I find myself more eager to play Garnet than an official game. Don't think there's higher praise.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old December 19th, 2010 (11:12 AM).
DMR's ar kewl so I herd

Nature: Docile
Wow, I have no words to describe the photo editor, its amazing!
Old December 21st, 2010 (10:54 AM).
Author: Pokemon Agate Blue

Nature: Naive
*Loves on project*

I wish I had your hand of team mates in tile creation. Gotta do some cloud work that I am putting off.
Old December 21st, 2010 (04:26 PM).
I'm not going home...
Crystal Tier

On the subject of the new starters:
I do like the original starters better, except Dodeed. Inood is just adorable and I didn't really like Dodeed.
Also, do you have a complete fakedex somewhere? Right now I have only seen the first evos of all six starters, and I was hoping you had the rest somwhere.

"In our darkest moments, when life flashes before us, we find something; Something that keeps us going. Something that pushes us."

~Lara Croft,
Tomb Raider
Old December 26th, 2010 (04:42 AM).
Beginning (Awesome) Trainer

Nature: Brave
This game looks absolutely stunning with those graphics and i love the fakemon, however i did like the original starters better but the new ones are still great!

Keep up the great work
Old December 27th, 2010 (06:32 PM).

Nature: Bashful
this games has the best graphics ever. it would be #1 in a contest lol

Old December 27th, 2010 (09:27 PM).
Mediocre Trader

This game looks amazing! Regarding the starter issue, I understand your reasoning and support you, though I did really like Toofin.

Credits to annathornton for this banner

FC: 5328 3720 9076

PokeDuude's Trade Thread
Old December 28th, 2010 (12:46 AM).

hey guys sorry im confused, is this game out yet????????????
Old December 28th, 2010 (03:10 AM).

Let me give you a quick answer: No.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)