The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: What type of menù/ alternate screen would fit Garnet better?
Touch screen! 701 71.90%
Side screen! (like the Carbon one for the position) 244 25.03%
Other! (please explain in the topic) 30 3.08%
Voters: 975. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 2nd, 2012 (02:14 PM).
tobinus

Nature: Lax
Send a message via Skype™ to tobinus
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenyx4 View Post

Awesome job with the music compositions, Tobinus! The theme for Shadefern Forest is simply wonderful; I love the sense of tranquility and quietness that it exudes. :cer_nod: And I agree with others who have commented; it does sound like something from The Legend of Zelda series, along with Pokemon Mystery Dungeon and/or Golden Sun. I was a bit surprised when I first found out that the video automatically loops/looped by itself. :cer_laugh:
That's actually a YouTube "bug" - if you put a pause annotation at the end of a video, it will loop. It happened by chance for me
As for your comments, thank you very much! I really like Zelda and PMD, so I may very well have been influenced by them. The beautiness of the LoZ music and the "catchiness" of the PMD music fascinates me.

Quote:
As for Pokemon Garnet's title theme (Version 1) that was posted, that was an excellent composition! The part between 1:29 and 1:34 was very awesome; I kind of wish it was slightly extended (while preserving the parts before and after it) in order to possibly give the ending a more "complete feel". Also, I'm wondering if it would be possible to incorporate the 0:00-0:12 part of the classic Pokemon theme (this video containing the tune I'm referencing) and then lead into the title theme for Garnet Version. As an example, the opening for Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald Versions manages to slightly remix that part I'm referencing from 0:35-0:50, and still has its own "independent" theme starting at 0:51 onwards.
Finally, the ending of Garnet's title theme kind of reminds me of a triumphant seafaring voyage theme as well as RuneScape music for some reason. XD Again, stellar work on the musical pieces.
I will do an experiment and see what it sounds like if I (most likely) double the length of the part you mention. As for your suggestion about the "Pokémon Intro Battle" theme.. I view the Title Theme and the Opening Theme as two different themes. I therefore did not include that piece of music, since I probably will use it for the opening (I hope) Whenever I make the opening theme, I may take another look at the title theme, so that it goes hand-in-hand with the opening.

Quote:
And to show my appreciation for the tracks (and in the hope that other visitors can also hear their awesomeness); I've added entries for Garnet Version's "Title Theme (version 1)" and "Shadefern Forest" to the Crowning Music of Awesome page for Pokemon music on TVTropes (they can be seen in the "Fan Games/ROM Hacks" section of the page near the bottom).

Keep up the great work with the terrific visuals and the music for Garnet Version!
Haha, thank you so much again! I didn't know about that page, but seeing my name on the list feels... special! xD
Old March 2nd, 2012 (08:34 PM).
pixiefroggy
Awesome Ace Trainer:P

Nature: Calm
This music is stunning me! *hits play 9000000000x more times* Love the screenshots too! And the flowers look a bit squished in.... D:

BUT!!?!? The game is going great! Keep up the good work! :D

Pokabu Flavored Pringles?
Old March 3rd, 2012 (03:58 PM).
Yun Deez
Pokemon playing God

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Yun Deez
i really want to play this it looks amazing, can anyone help?
Old March 3rd, 2012 (08:15 PM).
Genesect
Team Plasma Failure

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yun Deez View Post
i really want to play this it looks amazing, can anyone help?
Its still in development, even the beta or demo isn't out yet.
Old March 4th, 2012 (06:32 PM).
heartofdestany
aspiring mapper

Nature: Lonely
That music is beautiful. Music is just as important to atmosphere as graphics and I do believe that the music and graphics of this game complement each other nicely. seeing games like this is a rare treat, I'm very interested to hear more but I also know that making someone feel rushed is a bad thing, I apologize if any of my comments have caused anyone grief, then again I am a worry wort.
Old March 6th, 2012 (09:55 AM).
ashura90
Beginning Trainer

its complete..?? where can i download it..?
Old March 6th, 2012 (10:18 AM).
Aénex
Instinct

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashura90 View Post
It's not complete, it's still in development.

You can't download it, there are no demos.

Old March 6th, 2012 (10:24 AM).
Echidna
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashura90 View Post
Uh, no, it's not complete. An alpha is expected, based on Hydra's word, sometime during April or May...
A link to the alpha or release would be in the original pot if it existed.

Old March 8th, 2012 (01:26 AM).
SkyWarrior777
(シェイミファン)

Nature: Timid
WOW amazing game but i have a question ??? where i can download the game please tell me

Shaymin siggy made by:darside34
(I Am Great With Shaymin So Watchout)
Old March 8th, 2012 (09:08 AM).
wingman11
Solo Runner

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWarrior777 View Post
WOW amazing game but i have a question ??? where i can download the game please tell me
OK, please, for the sake of everyone, read the most recent posts before posting anything. This is about the 50quadrillionth time this question has been asked recently, and the answer is still that it is not out yet. In fact, just reading the whole first post and not seeing a download link should tell you that there isn't one yet. You're lucky I'm not one of the more hot headed people here who have already raged at people for this.
ALSO ANOTHER ULTIMATE SOLO CHALLENGE
Devonshire the Sableye [FR-SS-E-PT-W]

Completed Challenges:

Psycho the Beldum/Metang/Metagross [FR-SS-E-PT-W]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Titan the Nidoran♂/Nidorino/Nidoking [B-C-R-PT-W]
--------------------------------------------
Regular Solo Challenge:
Razor the Drilbur/Excadrill [BLACK]
Beat Team Plasma | Beat Champion Alder
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Venom the Venipede/Whirlipede/Scolipede [BLACK]
Old March 8th, 2012 (09:58 AM).
SkyWarrior777
(シェイミファン)

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingman11 View Post
OK, please, for the sake of everyone, read the most recent posts before posting anything. This is about the 50quadrillionth time this question has been asked recently, and the answer is still that it is not out yet. In fact, just reading the whole first post and not seeing a download link should tell you that there isn't one yet. You're lucky I'm not one of the more hot headed people here who have already raged at people for this.
i am new to this site and i am not angry or mad i am happy every time and thanks for the reply :D and i wish you been understand me THANKS

Shaymin siggy made by:darside34
(I Am Great With Shaymin So Watchout)
Old March 8th, 2012 (10:36 AM).
-ty-
Don't Ask, Just Tell

Nature: Naughty
I click on this thread whenever I see a new post hoping that it's released or that there are more screenshots, graphics, or features to preview. You guys are making me go crazy! As it has been stated several times, this game looks great!
Old March 8th, 2012 (01:11 PM).
Cabe

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by -ty- View Post
I click on this thread whenever I see a new post hoping that it's released or that there are more screenshots, graphics, or features to preview. You guys are making me go crazy! As it has been stated several times, this game looks great!
lol i do the exact same thing! many other threads stay ignored, but when garnet has a new post my heart suddenly jumps from a cliff and i get to feel the vertigo. Most posts are questions about downloads though... but yeah, i'm specting a screenshot, video o theme as much as you do lol (as many others of course!)

P/d: you should upload some Pokemon Garnet wallpapers, it would make it a lot easier till the release
Old March 8th, 2012 (01:35 PM).
Echidna
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by -ty- View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabe View Post
lol i do the exact same thing! many other threads stay ignored, but when garnet has a new post my heart suddenly jumps from a cliff and i get to feel the vertigo. Most posts are questions about downloads though... but yeah, i'm specting a screenshot, video o theme as much as you do lol (as many others of course!)

P/d: you should upload some Pokemon Garnet wallpapers, it would make it a lot easier till the release
I'd link you guys, but I think it's against the rules, advertising and what not. But you guys should watch Garnet's Group and Hydra on dA. New updates every couple days. They've showed off the Pokedex system, the start screen... And lots of screens that aren't on this thread...

Garnet is an amazing game! It has much more media that you could imagine, and fans from everywhere on the web!

Old March 9th, 2012 (06:41 PM).
PokemonCrazy
I go by ZD now~

When is this actually being released?
Old March 9th, 2012 (06:52 PM).
Echidna
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonCrazy View Post
When is this actually being released?
I'm starting to agree with wingman. It's yet to be released. No demos or releases as of yet, but one is expected in April/May...

Old March 10th, 2012 (09:11 PM).
Nemisis
Soul Eater

oh.... super call sprites and tiles so cool i surely play this if this will be released keep up the good work..

iam a rookie spriter .............. i need help and stuff anyone wana give an advice?

My Supported Hacks:
Old March 11th, 2012 (04:15 PM).
eragon1997
Beginning Trainer

I love the progress. I'd love to see the region map.
Old March 13th, 2012 (04:38 PM). Edited March 13th, 2012 by wingman11.
wingman11
Solo Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattxy8 View Post
Looks awesome, would look better if I could find a download link -.-
Really? REALLY NOW? OK, now I'm beginning to get pissed. Does everyone interested in this game seriously have that short of an attention span? Does anybody even read ANY part of the thread other than the first post? Seriously! I'm getting sick and tired of this.

There is no download link, the game is still in development, and a beta will likely be out mid to late Spring. With the number of times this has been restated, you'd think people would stop asking.

I almost think this thread needs its own PSA at the top of the first post. Here, I even wrote one for you guys.

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: THERE IS NO DOWNLOAD. DON'T ASK FOR ONE. DON'T ASK FOR WHEN THERE WILL BE ONE. READ THE GODDAMN THREAD BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS. AND IF YOU'RE REALLY THAT LAZY, USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION TO FIND WHAT YOU WANT TO KNOW, IT EXISTS FOR A REASON. IT'S THAT SIMPLE.

Feel free to use any part of that at any time. Until then, I'm just gonna post it any time someone asks about a download.

/rant

Completed Challenges:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Regular Solo Challenge:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old March 13th, 2012 (04:43 PM).
Mattxy8
Beginning Trainer

So when will there be a download link?
Just kidding, but I did use a ctrl+f search, and I searched for download, so you need to stop pms'ing.
Old March 13th, 2012 (04:55 PM).
wingman11
Solo Runner

Quote:
So when will there be a download link?
Just kidding, but I did use a ctrl+f search, and I searched for download, so you need to stop pms'ing.
PMS'ing? Gee, how original. You're so clever. The funny part here is that you made an attempt at insulting me because you know you're in the wrong here. Which is a clear sign of butthurt.

Even more interesting is how you did a ctrl+f search, which only searches the current page, not the whole thread. Way to miss the point entirely.

Completed Challenges:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Regular Solo Challenge:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old March 13th, 2012 (04:59 PM).
Mattxy8
Beginning Trainer

Yea, I don't feel like using the thread search, I don't want to go through 37 pages of crap to find 1 thing. I prefer to just post and get a reply. oh and, butthurt?? Gee, how original. You're so clever. The funny part here is that you made an attempt at insulting me because you know you're in the wrong here. Which is a clear sign of monkeys shoving a banana in your ass.
Old March 13th, 2012 (05:16 PM). Edited March 13th, 2012 by wingman11.
wingman11
Solo Runner

Quote:
Yea, I don't feel like using the thread search, I don't want to go through 37 pages of crap to find 1 thing. I prefer to just post and get a reply. oh and, butthurt?? Gee, how original. You're so clever. The funny part here is that you made an attempt at insulting me because you know you're in the wrong here. Which is a clear sign of monkeys shoving a banana in your ass.
Wait, hold up a second. You didn't feel like clicking the simple search button at the top of the thread and typing 'download' to find multiple posts telling you what you want to know, yet you had the energy to use ctrl+f, type the exact same thing, and then write a whole post asking a question that has already been answered?

Also, good job of copying and pasting exactly what I wrote verbatim. Good to know your ctrl+c and ctrl+v shortcuts are working. However, I'm afraid your suggestion of my insulting you is incorrect. I was merely pointing out how your response made you sound very clearly butthurt. The monkey thing was a clever twist, but rather inappropriate, as I am not the kind of person who enjoys that.

Oh, one thing I did actually want to say about the game that I forgot when Matty-boy posted: that title music is very VERY nice. A little bland in the middle, though. But that extended bit at the end was positively brilliant. I'm super pumped to hear more of the music you've made for this game, tobinus!

Completed Challenges:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Regular Solo Challenge:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old March 13th, 2012 (05:17 PM). Edited March 13th, 2012 by Cabe.
Cabe

Nature: Jolly
hey! Mattxy8 and wingman11, cut it now! it's right that the download question has been made a lot of times, and it'll be done a lot more. We can't make a fight out of it every time and start filling PC with senseless crap!

Mattxy8, if you don't find a download link in the main thread don't look any further, there's no release till the moment. I say this because i see that you also asked in Pokemon malachite's thread and i think you need to know. If you still want to be more sure, use the thread search. And this are not 37 pages of crap, it's 37 pages of people speaking their mind about the game, of updates and people asking questions which we must respect a lot.

wingman11, i agree that there should be some way to alert people when a release hasn't come out but.. c'mon, it's just one question, no need to be rude and disrespectful, this is called a COMMUNITY for some reason. Do you really want people like me to come see the new posts in Garnet's thread and find a whole page of insults?? that would make me lose my whole interest in the thread.

Both of you, please don't do things like this again and have some respect for the developers and the members who comment. Even for each other. If you answer "no" every time someone asks for a release, you make it much more easier than you're doing it right now.

Easy people, it's not that bad...
Old March 13th, 2012 (05:31 PM).
wingman11
Solo Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabe View Post
hey! Mattxy8 and wingman11, cut it now! it's right that the download question has been made a lot of times, and it'll be done a lot more. We can't make a fight out of it every time and start filling PC with ********!

Mattxy8, if you don't find a download link in the main thread don't look any further, there's no release till the moment. I say this because i see that you also asked in Pokemon malachite's thread and i think you need to know. If you still want to be more sure, use the thread search. And this are not 37 pages of crap, it's 37 pages of people speaking their mind about the game, of updates and people asking questions which we must respect a lot.

wingman11, i agree that there should be some way to alert people when a release hasn't come out but.. c'mon, it's just one question, no need to be rude and disrespectful, this is called a COMMUNITY for some reason. Do you really want people like me to come see the new posts in Garnet¡s thread and find a whole page of insults?? that would make me lose my whole interest in the thread.

Both of you, please don't do things like this again and have some respect for the developers and the members who comment. Even for each other. If you answer "no" every time someone asks for a release, you make it much more easier than you're doing it right now.

Easy people, it's not that bad...
My apologies. You see, I get quite uppity when people ignore things that are right in front of their faces and have a hard time controlling my tongue/fingers/what have you. You do make a good point, though I find argument threads to be fun to read. (Perhaps that is only a personal preference, but I digress.) However, you must admit a series of posts repetitively asking for downloads and repetitively reminding people that there isn't one would have the same affect on people. I'm not trying to build an argument out of this, I just wish to make a point, similar to how you have.

In any case, I suppose I was out of line with my rage. 'I only yell because I care' as my old band instructor would say.

Completed Challenges:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Regular Solo Challenge:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~