The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: What type of menù/ alternate screen would fit Garnet better?
Touch screen! 701 71.90%
Side screen! (like the Carbon one for the position) 244 25.03%
Other! (please explain in the topic) 30 3.08%
Voters: 975. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 16th, 2010, 07:52 PM
magros
Beginning Trainer

the game looks awsome but i have four questions.
1. will you have a breeding system
2. can you put more then 2 pokemon into the daycare
3.will you have the follow me feature if so grate if not 4.why not

sorry i have one final question will you use the hm dive within this game because i think that feature would grately enhance the gameplay of pokemon garnet and sorry for my bad spelling

Last edited by magros; January 16th, 2010 at 07:57 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old January 17th, 2010, 04:11 AM
mercurysky
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Careful
Excuse me for my absence, and for the absence of updates, but the school takes me a lot of time...

Anyway, I have to thank you all for the good comments, and, as usual i want to answer the questions:

Quote:
Originally Posted by magros View Post
the game looks awsome but i have four questions.
1. will you have a breeding system
2. can you put more then 2 pokemon into the daycare
3.will you have the follow me feature if so grate if not 4.why not

sorry i have one final question will you use the hm dive within this game because i think that feature would grately enhance the gameplay of pokemon garnet and sorry for my bad spelling
1. Yes, there will be a breeding system with a daycare. In a surprising area, i guess...
2. There will be a normal 2-pokémon daycare;
3. There will be the following pokémon feature, but only for the starters and their evos.
4. Surely it will be the Dive Hm. And it will be quite important!

I want to bring you a gameplay video as soon as possible! Every memeber of the team is currently working for it, so stay tuned!
Finally, i have to thank Sab for his u-bar :3

DA Profile

Old January 17th, 2010, 07:47 AM
AceOlsen
Beginning Trainer

Wow! Incredible cool fakemons! Talented spriters!
Old January 17th, 2010, 08:20 AM
magros
Beginning Trainer

thank you for answering my questions and this game is at the top of my list for pokemon games to look forward to.
Old January 17th, 2010, 10:42 PM
magros
Beginning Trainer

1. will you use the all of the tmsof the psat such as dig and items like escape rope
2. will u have other means of travle such as train or boat
3. will u have every pokemon from other games
4. will all pokemon have movement sprites
5. will there be things such as crys and foot prints added into pokrmon data
6. will all legendrys be aviliable such as mew (my fave)
sorry for all the questions i just wanted to know how much thougth u have put into the game even though im sure u have put a lot of effort into the game.
Old January 18th, 2010, 12:00 AM
ANinyMouse

This and Malachite are the two games I'm the most impressed with atm, so I'll ask you the same question I asked them: will you be using the Gen IV type & attack additions?

For instance, will there be both physical & special Fire-type attacks, and will you be adding the Gen IV attacks in (Flare Drive, Healing Wish, Grass Knot, etc.)?
Old January 18th, 2010, 09:56 AM
magros
Beginning Trainer

good question
i wish i thought of that
Old January 18th, 2010, 12:31 PM
mercurysky
Beginning Trainer

Ok, i found some new interesting questions, so, as usual, i would like to answer!

Quote:
1. will you use the all of the tmsof the psat such as dig and items like escape rope
2. will u have other means of travle such as train or boat
3. will u have every pokemon from other games
4. will all pokemon have movement sprites
5. will there be things such as crys and foot prints added into pokrmon data
6. will all legendrys be aviliable such as mew (my fave)
sorry for all the questions i just wanted to know how much thougth u have put into the game even though im sure u have put a lot of effort into the game.
1. Yes. A lot of Garnet gameplay is based on exploring areas/ ruins/ dungeons, so Dig and Escape rope/ Teleport will be extremely useful.
2. There will be a metro system and a train one, plus two boats and a submarine.
3. We haven't figured out. For the first final version of the game we will have only some pokémons and fakes for a total ammount of about 260 species. But I love revamps and maybe... in the future...
4. No. Movement sprites would be too expensive, talking about time.
5. We haven't figured out those sort of features... i'm waiting for the scripter. But I would like to make something like Blue Chrome for the pokédex (HG/SS style).
6. No. There will be only some legendaries but with a password system there will be special ones that will be part of "special events".
And don't worry about asking questions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANinyMouse View Post
This and Malachite are the two games I'm the most impressed with atm, so I'll ask you the same question I asked them: will you be using the Gen IV type & attack additions?

For instance, will there be both physical & special Fire-type attacks, and will you be adding the Gen IV attacks in (Flare Drive, Healing Wish, Grass Knot, etc.)?
Firstly, thank you for apreciating Garnet as Malachite (it's really good and flattering to be "compared" to Malachite)
There will surely be a lot of new attacks, like signature moves for the new legendaries. But I haven't worked on the Attack database much, so there's still a lot to do.

Then I brought you some new screenies. Hope you will like them! :3

(Shadefern Woods. Bridge tiles and house edited on the Dewitty's base. Sand paths edited on Alistair base)

(Shadefern Ruins update. With the help of Kyle, who made the new light effect!)

DA Profile

Old January 18th, 2010, 12:54 PM
~JV~
Dev of Pokémon Uranium

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to ~JV~
Amazing again ^^. I just loved what you did with the bridge, I so want to copy >.<... Well, as I said the screens are gorgeous, but just don't forget to make the transition between the no light effect and light effect maps look good, because we don't want to see these lights disappearing when the player is going to another route for example =].
Old January 18th, 2010, 12:57 PM
mercurysky
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~JV~ View Post
Amazing again . I just loved what you did with the bridge, I so want to copy >.<... Well, as I said the screens are gorgeous, but just don't forget to make the transition between the no light effect and light effect maps look good, because we don't want to see these lights disappearing when the player is going to another route for example =].
Ahah! Don't worry! I'm totally a disaster with scripts, but i can handle an event-based action! XD

DA Profile

Old January 18th, 2010, 01:21 PM
Omega Sableye
<- Pwnage

Nature: Quirky
I hate you for making me really wanna play this

Those new screens are really cool!

I really like the bridge sprites, and i like how you're using ruins a lot like I am in my game. I also still really adore the lighting affect you're adding in

i do have a few questions

1. Will you be making your own music for this game?
2. Are you going to be able to go to other regions?
3. And....i forgot my 3rd question xD
Old January 18th, 2010, 03:09 PM
Pixels
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Adamant
This is simply amazing work, the detail of the water at the beach... keep up the brilliant work!
Old January 18th, 2010, 04:15 PM
magros
Beginning Trainer

in case u did int get what i meant about movement sprites example when u look at ur party they move ilke in d/p/P i think that would give the game a n awsome feel or when they first appear in battle will they move??
Old January 18th, 2010, 09:23 PM
fenyx4
X does Y WITH AUTHORITY!

Nature: Timid
I stumbled on one of the OP's posts in another PokeCommunity forum, and I noticed the banner in the sig about his Pokemon Garnet Version. So, I stopped by to check things out:

1. I think I could literally fall asleep in Shadefern Woods & Ruins... Those screenshots just looked amazing... beautiful, and so breathtaking! :D Seriously. Those were probably the best screens I've seen for a 'handheld' game... If those locales made it into Generation 5, I'll probably replay the game 100 times just to re-enter those gorgeous locations...

2. Nice design on the player characters! I like the design of the male character a lot, so much so that I'm considering replacing one of the character designs in a fanfic/shonen story I'm working on (if that's okay). The hair especially looks cool on him.

3. Even though the menu is from RSE, great job on the backgrounds for the battle scenes! At first I thought that the gradients that I've seen in DPPt and HG/SS were cool...but those backgrounds just blew me away, in a sense.
Having refreshing backgrounds like that in a game could make battles way more lively and brighten up the bland backgrounds from games past. Here's hoping that the DS is pushed to greater limits with backgrounds like that in Generation 5!

4. Gym Leader Colette looks so cute! It'd be awesome if she made it in an actual game...

Good luck with Pokemon Garnet Version, and I can't wait to see how awesome this project turns out to be!
Old January 19th, 2010, 04:21 AM
mercurysky
Beginning Trainer

Okay, as usual!
Firstly I have to thank you all! Then let's discuss those questions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kecleoshrew View Post
[s]
i do have a few questions

1. Will you be making your own music for this game?
2. Are you going to be able to go to other regions?
3. And....i forgot my 3rd question xD
1. We have our personal musician, Skaylea which compose every piece of music and remixes the classic ones (Pkmn center/ Mart, Gym ecc...)
2. For the first complete release of the game no. In a future maybe... there will be something like this, maybe limited to Hoenn only.

Quote:
in case u did int get what i meant about movement sprites example when u look at ur party they move ilke in d/p/P i think that would give the game a n awsome feel or when they first appear in battle will they move??
Yes, that was what i meant... unfortunately we would like to avoid this feature for the game. We first want to bring a more simple product. Then, if there's time, a "deluxe version" would be nice, but don't hope a lot. The team haven't figured out about it...

Thanks to Fenix4 who made a little-review of some parts. I'm really glad you liked the locations and light effects, indeed are the most important thing I do for Garnet xD
The team would like to thank you for your apreciatement about characters and backgrounds (Blazeknight's and Kuroda's work).
Aaand... for the menu we have to wait. I'm seriously hoping in a talented scripter for heavy works.

I'm making a list of what type of team-mates Garnet needs. I will write it on the first post. Be sure of take a look before leaving. è_è

DA Profile

Old January 19th, 2010, 05:13 AM
V0RT3X
Scientist at fluid dynamics

Nature: Bashful
it's been a while and i must say those sceenshots are looking great.
The bridge looks really good and i wonder.
Are you going to use a bridge(like the bridge is under construction) to block the player that he can get further before he finished an event?

Old January 19th, 2010, 10:51 PM
Toxicroak
Mustard

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Toxicroak
This game looks amazing!

can you export it as an NDS file?

- Serperior - Giovanni - Bluno - The Fist - Don - Turok -
Old January 20th, 2010, 08:35 AM
Omega Sableye
<- Pwnage

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
1. We have our personal musician, Skaylea which compose every piece of music and remixes the classic ones (Pkmn center/ Mart, Gym ecc...)
2. For the first complete release of the game no. In a future maybe... there will be something like this, maybe limited to Hoenn only.
1. Okay, i just always wonder about music when it comes to games Are there going to be samples anytime soon?

2. Yay! Revisiting my fave region :D
Old January 21st, 2010, 08:25 PM
magros
Beginning Trainer

1.will u have the under ground feture and if so will it be more coplex like haveing stairs and pokemondown there
2.will u keep the item based evolutions and poeeably add more
3.will u have the treehouse feature and if so wil u be able to coustomize it even more
4.will u get your own house and beable to also costomize it like within pokemon platinum
5.wil you have contest all around the reagion like r/s/e
6.will there be a battel frontier
7.will u have spicality eggs like how to get azuril by haveing two meril in the daycare one holding a sea incence
8.will each gym look the same ganeric gym or each have its own look(highly recomend giveing gyms each there own look adds a better feel and makes people more interested)
Again sorry about all the questions.
Old January 21st, 2010, 10:35 PM
Pixels
Beginning Trainer

I'm loving the new title screen, keep up the great work guys! :3

I am currently helping with or working on:
Old January 21st, 2010, 11:34 PM
~Teh Panda~
Sea of Dreams - Redux
Community Supporter

Thiz nice hacks of rom! [/noob]

With all that aside.

xD, anyways this game is coming out awesome! I really am digging the lighting in the forest/ruins! It is all so perfect :3, moar events pl0x

Mystic still in work to let you know...
Old January 22nd, 2010, 05:12 AM
mercurysky
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
1.will u have the under ground feture and if so will it be more coplex like haveing stairs and pokemondown there
2.will u keep the item based evolutions and poeeably add more
3.will u have the treehouse feature and if so wil u be able to coustomize it even more
4.will u get your own house and beable to also costomize it like within pokemon platinum
5.wil you have contest all around the reagion like r/s/e
6.will there be a battel frontier
7.will u have spicality eggs like how to get azuril by haveing two meril in the daycare one holding a sea incence
8.will each gym look the same ganeric gym or each have its own look(highly recomend giveing gyms each there own look adds a better feel and makes people more interested)
Again sorry about all the questions.
Ahahah! I will make you our official "question-maker!" XD
Don't worry! Questions are important to understand a game!

1. No underground... You will be able to dig somewhere to find rocks/ fossils. The fossils need to be cleaned.
2.Sure they will remain stone-based evolutions. As there are a lot of fakes (180 ca), there will be a lot of item-based evolutions but also new methods.
3-4. Haven't figured out about customizable zones...
5. No, there will be another type of contest anyway.
6. Yes! A custom battle frontier with new challenges.
7. Currently our pokédex doesn't need it.
8. Gyms will be really different from the original ones. Prepare yourself to battle open-air or find gym-leader in creepy-looking manors. Every Gym leader will have its own special features and style, more like in the anime than in the videogames.

DA Profile

Old January 22nd, 2010, 06:50 AM
magros
Beginning Trainer

:Dcool thanx or answering my questions and the game sounds like it could revolutionize the pokemon world!!!
Old January 22nd, 2010, 04:54 PM
KaiVii
Mime Jr.

Nature: Quiet
I'm totally falling in love with this game again I'm so friggin excited, I can't wait to play through these maps!

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=196223

Old January 22nd, 2010, 07:43 PM
Pixels
Beginning Trainer

I thought up a question! :o Well, the real Pokemon games have guidebooks and Prima Guides to accompany them, which contain the complete Pokedex for that region, information about the area and it's special locations, as well as interesting artwork from the games and more... now obviously you can't print such a guide for your game, but do you plan to make a website with all that information? I'm sure that it would be very helpful.

I am currently helping with or working on:
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links