The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old October 17th, 2009, 01:47 PM
chimcharsfireworks
Lennetto Region Champion

POKEMON CITRINE VERSION:
Journey to the End of the World and Back

THIS GAME IS NOT A HACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello, my name is Cory Witt (aka, Chimcharsfireworks).

Storyline:
Long ago, 2 celestial dragons, Lunadra (controller of the moon) and Novadra (controller of the sun) were created by Arceus to control the orbit of the sun and moon.Once every 1000 years, all the planets in the pokemon universe eclipse. The sun and moon form a complete eclipse in front of all the planets, creating a link between our world and the World's Edge, a legendary place filled with artifacts and gems, rare meteorites, and scrolls that can tell us everything about pokemon and the pokemon world. The two legendary pokemon orchestrate this phenomenon, from the depths of Celestial Island. Some want to use this power to become superior beings and rule the world. But to do this, the being needs to possess the DIVINE CITRINE, a gem that allows the user to control all pokemon, but four:
-Negaspark
-Plutzero
-Hoursand
-Hourly
Unfortunatley, Negaspark and Plutzero became greedy and stole the Divine Citrine and began to throw the world into darkness. Arceus gave Hoursand the power to split the Citrine, shattering it into 7 fragments, and to defeat Negaspark and Plutzero. Hoursand trapt the two beings behind the SHADOW DOOR, which can only be opened by the Divine Citrine. The gem was broken and scattered around Lennetto.

The Gems:
-Forest Emerald
-Swamp Agate
-Ancient Mica
-Sea Saphirre
-Spark Amber
-Lava Ruby
-Sand Topaz

Zephyr Corp and the Dark Mafia devised a plan 1000 years later, to recreate the gem and create their Bioworlds.

WHAT IS ZEPHYR CORP:
Zephyr Corp used to be about creating safe environments for pokemon and humans to coexist. But when Gorgan, a smart scientist that belongs in a mental ward (suffers from a combination of Schizophrenia and Paranoid personality disorder), changed all that when he became boss. The voices he hears in his head tell him to make a Bioworld were the voice will leave him and become king. He researches this and hires Scion and the Dark Mafia by promising them positions of power (essentialy he's lying to them). The plan is coming into effect....

The TV flashes with reports of a thief pokemon ravaging the areas around Windleaf Town. Your dad will rush up the stairs and tell you that it’s time to go to school. The school will teach you how to battle pokemon. Half way through the day, a police officer reports a pokemon stolen from Prof. Cypress, the town’s leading professor, and that the thief is still in Windleaf Town.
Go to the gym and talk to your parents. They get nervous and tell you to go see Prof. Cypress locates the thief and tells you to meet him in Windleaf Cavern. Enter the cave and talk to the grunts. They are talking to Zazer, a clown who is an executive for Zephyr. He asks you a question with two possible answers:
“Will you join us in our conquest of the heavens and stars?”
-Yes (Bad Side)
-No (Good Side)
The story will continue to unfold after that....

SCREENSHOTS:
(pre release)
Spoiler:
Click image for larger version

Name:	A screenshot!.png
Views:	528
Size:	184.6 KB
ID:	50495

Spoiler:
Click image for larger version

Name:	Border for show.png
Views:	357
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	50496

MAPS:

Features:
-5 new regions + journey to all the regions from RBY to DPPt
-A brand new job system with over 300 jobs
-MMORPG
-21 starters!

-And many more features to come!
Old October 19th, 2009, 04:19 AM
FlaafyFTW
Researcher of Orange Lore

This game looks good! Could have lots of potential =)
I saw three of the starter evolution families on your deviantart page and they look great, do you by anychance like dinosaurs? =P
But as for the sprites of some of the other fakemon, some of them don't look very professional and could let some of the good ones down..

One more thing, when you say five more regions, do you mean five completely new ones made by yourself and your team or five including the other current regions? Five new regions is a pretty mammoth task to take on.

But anyway best of luck for your game, and i hope to see more =)

Instagram & Tumblr: makoheart
Old October 19th, 2009, 12:44 PM
ayevdayev
Legend

Send a message via AIM to ayevdayev Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ayevdayev
yay first post, ican help you a little with the project if you want. im always willing to help.

i became second post, watever

G

Last edited by ayevdayev; October 19th, 2009 at 12:44 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old October 19th, 2009, 12:56 PM
Ty 101
Advanced Trainer

looks like it has great potential.
Old October 19th, 2009, 01:16 PM
zirico
M.C.F.C

Nature: Quirky
Good luck dude, this looks promising. Its no easy feat (nearly impossible) making a game of this size. I would advise you to decrease the number of regions in the game, but whatever you decide to do GOOD LUCK!
Old October 19th, 2009, 01:28 PM
PokemonOI
Back To WORK!

Nature: Brave
How much progress have you made on this?
Old October 19th, 2009, 04:29 PM
Soul.//Silver

Nature: Jolly
Whats up with the picture in the 2nd spoiler? Have you actually programmed that or is it just a mock up of what you want or what is it? One thing, you should go through your first post to check for grammar mistakes as I noticed quite a few spelling errors and typos.
Old October 20th, 2009, 02:38 AM
Rakki-neko
Zakki Orichalcum

Nature: Impish
Wow 5 new regions! thats really going to be a titan of a task, i'll stick around to see. :D
Old October 20th, 2009, 04:57 AM
skrullman
Beginning Trainer

I like the maps
Nice Game!
Old April 28th, 2010, 06:16 AM
Ketchumall
Soul Trainer

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakki-neko
Wow 5 new regions! thats really going to be a titan of a task, i'll stick around to see. :D
Ya that really will be a huge job hope he's not doing it solo. . . or did he have a team list I missed? anyway best of luck to you man.
[marq=SLIDE]75% of Pokemon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their pokemon battle-worthy. If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokemon up legally, put this in your signature. 90% of teens today would die if Myspace had a system failure and was completely destroyed...If you are one of the 10% that would be laughing, put this in your signature.[/marq]
------- -----------------------------------------
-------- ^ -------------------------------- ^ ------------
Click here to feed me a Seaweed!---------- Click here to feed me a Rare Candy!

Spoiler:
I don't calculate stat values, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links