< >
Hello, guest! Please log in or register.

The PokéCommunity

Go Back     The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub Survey What's your favorite ROM hack?

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Reply Post Reply

Old 2 Weeks Ago (1:40 PM).

In your opinion, what is your favorite Pokemon ROM hack and why? Just curious to see what other people think! ^-^

Relevant Advertising!

Old 2 Weeks Ago (11:59 AM). Edited 2 Weeks Ago by Z34guy.
Your Midnight Romeo

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via AIM to Z34guy
Pokemon Pure Silver

Found this hack by accident around 2011/2012 and fell in love. I have played MANY great hacks so for this one to be my overall favorite is high praise. It solved ALL but one or two of my problems with the GSC games. My only complaints are there's no way to get a Surfing Pikachu (a complaint I have about most hacks, but keep to myself), and the fact he used Silver as the Rom base instead of doing all this work to Pokemon Crystal. Attach all the changes to Crystal with a special event to get a Surfing Pichu as an egg and all my problems are solved. Actually... Would anyone be willing to make a variant of this for Crystal and add in an event for a Surfing Pichu egg?

The original web page with the hack is no longer up, but it was archived and the ips link still works.
http://web.archive.org/web/201402270...okemon251.html
"We all know that small cars are good for us. But so is cod liver oil. And jogging."
"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you."
-Jeremy Clarkson of "Top Gear"... My hero.
Old 2 Weeks Ago (6:55 AM).
Legend

Pokemon Fuligin or maybe Snakewood. Ill stick with Fuligin.
Check out my great completed hacks:
Pokemon Outlaw

Pokemon CAWPS

Pokemon Korosu. Coming sooner or later.
Old 2 Weeks Ago (7:27 AM).
ModeratorCSPokéCommunity Daily Staff

Azure Horizons probably

Pokémon Trinity
[16:53] @Christοs: i like kids
Old 2 Weeks Ago (9:51 AM).
Free supporter
Silver Tier

Favorite was probably Shiny Gold. It was the only hack I played because I wanted to play a hack. My other hack play throughs were somewhat out of obligation and I didn't really have the player mentality I did back when I played these games for fun.

My Stuff:
ASM tutorials
C tutorial
YT Random Hacks
GitHub

My Contributions:
Hack Chat
ASM Resource Thread
Old 2 Weeks Ago (11:48 PM).

Nature: Quiet
Pokemon Snakewood. Great storyline, humour, difficulty level, I even like the fakemons there(which can't be said about any other hack).
Old 2 Weeks Ago (3:59 AM).

Nature: Jolly
Pokémon Adventure Red Chapter probably is my favourite.
FaiLur€ is aLwaYs Temporary, onLy GivinG uP Mak€s it p€rManenT.
Old 2 Weeks Ago (5:23 AM).
The Heart and Soul of Fire

Nature: Relaxed
I'm tied between Pokemon Ruby Destiny - Life of Guardians and Pokemon Snakewood. Both are my favorites.
Hacks I support

Old 1 Week Ago (2:19 PM).

Send a message via Skype™ to GhostFlame
I'm glad so many people likes Pokemon Snakewood. Unfortunately, I can't consider myself among you. I didnt feel the story properly wrapped up and it kind of just dragged on. It was a fun experience, but there was no real ending imo so yeah.

My favorite rom hack is probably Liquid Crystal. I sound like a hypocrite because at the time that I played this game, it also did not have a proper ending, but it was added a great difficulty curve to a wonderful game. Basically a gen 4 game with gen 3 graphics, it was a great experience.
Take a Look at my Youtube Channel! I upload frequently, mostly with Pokemon Showdown Replays w/ Post-Commentary. If I end up battling you on Showdown, and we have a great match, there's a decent chance you'll see it on Youtube there, so if you are interested, check back once in a while for a battle! I also upload LPs, you can find the intro of one here. Thanks for your time! -Ghost
Old 1 Week Ago (4:59 AM).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z34guy View Post
Pokemon Pure Silver

Found this hack by accident around 2011/2012 and fell in love. I have played MANY great hacks so for this one to be my overall favorite is high praise. It solved ALL but one or two of my problems with the GSC games. My only complaints are there's no way to get a Surfing Pikachu (a complaint I have about most hacks, but keep to myself), and the fact he used Silver as the Rom base instead of doing all this work to Pokemon Crystal. Attach all the changes to Crystal with a special event to get a Surfing Pichu as an egg and all my problems are solved. Actually... Would anyone be willing to make a variant of this for Crystal and add in an event for a Surfing Pichu egg?

The original web page with the hack is no longer up, but it was archived and the ips link still works.
http://web.archive.org/web/201402270...okemon251.html
I would happily oblige, but I would need the original maker's permission.
Current Nuzlocke - ScaredGold - 6/16 badges - Ninetales / Politoed / Skarmory / Rotom / Rhydon
Old 1 Week Ago (5:56 AM).
Your Midnight Romeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmoonbeam View Post
I would happily oblige, but I would need the original maker's permission.
Well, he listed an email to contact him at in the link but I have no idea if it still works. [email protected]
Google searching the email tells me he's a teacher at MIT
"We all know that small cars are good for us. But so is cod liver oil. And jogging."
"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you."
Old 1 Week Ago (6:09 AM).

Pokemon shiny gold.
Old 1 Week Ago (10:14 AM).

I'll try tonight. Also, yet to finish the game myself, not sure how to activate the Zapdos, Mew, Celebi and 3rd Johto starter events. Got Moltres (both of them>) and Mewtwo, plus Raikou from the roamers.
Current Nuzlocke - ScaredGold - 6/16 badges - Ninetales / Politoed / Skarmory / Rotom / Rhydon
Old 1 Week Ago (10:35 AM). Edited 1 Week Ago by Z34guy.
Your Midnight Romeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmoonbeam View Post
I'll try tonight. Also, yet to finish the game myself, not sure how to activate the Zapdos, Mew, Celebi and 3rd Johto starter events. Got Moltres (both of them>) and Mewtwo, plus Raikou from the roamers.
Mew is found in Olivine City walking around disguised as one of the NPC's walking around. Just talk to him, and he'll teleport to a small landmass to the right of the Olivine lighthouse. Surf over there, talk to him again and you'll battle him. Make SURE to save beforehand and catch him before he uses transform. IIRC, if you catch him after he uses transform, it just becomes a ditto. I like to cheat and use save states to avoid that.

As to the Johto starters. One is found in the Dark Cave by the entrance by Violet City. The other can be bought as an egg by an NPC walking around Goldenrod City.
Old 1 Week Ago (10:40 AM).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z34guy View Post
Mew is found in Olivine City walking around disguised as one of the NPC's walking around. Just talk to him, and he'll teleport to a small landmass to the right of the Olivine lighthouse. Surf over there, talk to him again and you'll battle him. Make SURE to save beforehand and catch him before he uses transform. IIRC, if you catch him after he uses transform, it just becomes a ditto. I like to cheat and use save states to avoid that.
Hero! Done and caught, thanks. I know what I need for Articuno, just Zapdos and Celebi now.
Old 1 Week Ago (5:35 AM).

Nature: Quiet
For me it's definitely Pokemon Glazed, the game play was so good it felt like a legitimate Pokemon game, although I think they could have done more with the pikatchu and the dimension hopping story, but in general it was amazing and I highly recommend it.
Old 3 Days Ago (11:54 PM).

Nature: Naughty
I'm torn between Pokemon Insurgence and Pokemon Volt White 2
Old 23 Hours Ago (2:58 PM).

It's easily Vega. Vega's just amazing.
Reply Post Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links