Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 9th, 2011 (09:40 PM).
Kaith
Hacker of Fire

Nature: Relaxed
Okay, I know that people most likely came her for Pokemon Rom's, but has anyone heard of Boktai? It's a great game, but the game cartridge needs to be played in sunlight. On an emulator, that's kinda hard. Does anyone know if there is a patch for this?

Hacks I support:
FloralSky

Old December 9th, 2011 (10:34 PM).
Team Fail
Find your way
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Quote originally posted by Kaith:
Okay, I know that people most likely came her for Pokemon Rom's, but has anyone heard of Boktai? It's a great game, but the game cartridge needs to be played in sunlight. On an emulator, that's kinda hard. Does anyone know if there is a patch for this?
I think that on NO$GBA there is a "Solar Sensor" setting that can change different values to make these games work properly. Try that.

Do the best with whatever you can today.
Then tomorrow, you will have surely progressed.

Old December 9th, 2011 (11:56 PM).
Nate VonGrimm
Mime Jr.

Quote originally posted by movieguy12:
hello, ok i finally got the snivy sprite to look correct using advance pokemon sprite editor. i used yape to make all the stats and moves...

now what im wanting to do is basically have my snivy at the beginning of the game before i choose one of the starters.( i do not want him to be a starter i want him already, it will be as if i traveled from unova to rubys region.) so now what do i do? thanks!!!
You can make a level script so you have him the minute you start playing. A level script is the same as a normal script except it will activate as soon as you enter a room, town etc. If you don't know how to make a level script, search for Cooleys guide in the tutorial section. Or mineif its been approved. I would type one up now, but I'm on my phone =/

Old December 10th, 2011 (12:03 AM).
movieguy12
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Adamant
Quote originally posted by Nate VonGrimm:

You can make a level script so you have him the minute you start playing. A level script is the same as a normal script except it will activate as soon as you enter a room, town etc. If you don't know how to make a level script, search for Cooleys guide in the tutorial section. Or mineif its been approved. I would type one up now, but I'm on my phone =/

Hey there I PMd you :). Thanks!!
Old December 12th, 2011 (03:55 PM).
movieguy12
Beginning Trainer

i really do not know if this is the correct spot or not ive had someone tell me the last place i posted this was not in the right spot so please if this isnt the correct spot please dont freak out and want to murder me....

ok now i have a rom ok pokemon ruby (gen 3 game), i am hacking ruby and adding a snivy (gen 5 pokemon) i was wanting to know what moves in ruby would make him decently strong? i do not plan to let him evolve i just want him to be a strong starter and to last me though the game but to be able to hold his own..

again if this is not the correct spot please divert me to the correct place, please dont get all mad and want to throw me into a volcano. thank you.
Old December 12th, 2011 (05:34 PM). Edited December 12th, 2011 by Peetzaahhh.
Peetzaahhh
Hackin N00b

Nature: Hardy
This question is for hacking... I havent seen a tut on this... How do you change battles... such as pokemon within, the trainer sprite (not just the sprite editing with the UNLZ program)... words said... adding special moves to the pokemon... if you cant answer ALL of them... just answer the first one... the pokemon within a battle

Thanks, (Hope this isnt in the wrong thread)
Peetzaahhh

Quote originally posted by movieguy12:
i really do not know if this is the correct spot or not ive had someone tell me the last place i posted this was not in the right spot so please if this isnt the correct spot please dont freak out and want to murder me....

ok now i have a rom ok pokemon ruby (gen 3 game), i am hacking ruby and adding a snivy (gen 5 pokemon) i was wanting to know what moves in ruby would make him decently strong? i do not plan to let him evolve i just want him to be a strong starter and to last me though the game but to be able to hold his own..

again if this is not the correct spot please divert me to the correct place, please dont get all mad and want to throw me into a volcano. thank you.
I'm new too... but to be honest, give it its B/W moveset or its evolutions movesets.... for new moves put different moves with basically same thing and same type.... or use move editors such as A-Tack to change the names of moves nd its efect.... so u can edit Pay Day (random!) change its PP, damage, accuracy, type, etc over payday and its name and save! hope I helped O.o

Here is the Snivy moveset with level and notes!

START Tackle
4 Leer
7 Vine Whip
10 Wrap
13 Growth
16 Leaf Tornado (NOW HERE EITHER EDIT A CURRENT MOVE WITH LEAF TORNADO'S INFO or CHOOSE ANOTHER GRASS-TYPE MOVE WITH ABOUT 65-70 POWER)
19 Leech Seed
22 Mega Drain
25 Slam
28 Leaf Blade
31 Coil (just get a move that ONLY increases Attack, Defense, Accuracy [by one stage] or 2 of the 3 or just one of the three.... if u want to edit it just put name, NO DAMAGE, and make it poison with a PP of 20)
34 Giga Drain
37 Wring Out (Got nothing for u here... sorry)
40 Gastro Acid (again got nothing... unless u can find a move that cancels ability... and make it poison for fun and change name xD)
43 Leaf Storm (a grass move with: PP:5|Power:140|Accuracy:90% or just a strong grass move with 5 PP)

hope it helped... if not sorry
Old December 17th, 2011 (09:46 PM).
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

Does anyone know the offset of the table containing the attack animations in Ruby, FireRed, or Emerald? Any one of the three will do.
Old December 24th, 2011 (11:01 AM). Edited December 24th, 2011 by WillPowerPedro.
WillPowerPedro
https://soundcloud.com/cammdavidson

Nature: Jolly
1. Can you apply two/three ips/patchs to one rom?
2. Where do you find good tiles?
3. What is the size (in pixels) of a region map in Pokemon Fr/Lg?

sorry i am like never active on here anymore but you should hmu on my soundcloud or sumthin, fam
Old December 24th, 2011 (09:54 PM).
Peetzaahhh
Hackin N00b

Quote originally posted by WillPowerPedro:
1. Can you apply two/three ips/patchs to one rom?
2. Where do you find good tiles?
3. What is the size (in pixels) of a region map in Pokemon Fr/Lg?
1. No... because then the rom is changed and unless ips is made for that patched rom, no. It needs a clean FireRed/Ruby/Emerald/Sapphire/LeafGreen, etc O.o
2. ... beats me
3. umm... i think it would be size of emulator? there is a tut on it

a tut on add map in Ruby.... there it says pixelated size!

hope i helped
Old December 27th, 2011 (01:18 PM).
Mdash2011
2ndGenPlaya

Nature: Modest
Hey everyone. I asked my following question in the wrong part of the forums before and have been directed to here, so if I'm in the wrong place, -IT WASN'T ME- xD

I'm just wondering if I can play Pearl, Diamond, Platinum etc. games on my Gameboid emulator for my Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 mini pro. I haven't played any game from this gen yet and would love to give them a blast to see what they are like. If I can't use them on my current emulator, what emulator would be needed for me to use them?
Thanks for your help in advance
Old December 27th, 2011 (07:22 PM).
Nate VonGrimm
Mime Jr.

Quote originally posted by Mdash2011:
Hey everyone. I asked my following question in the wrong part of the forums before and have been directed to here, so if I'm in the wrong place, -IT WASN'T ME- xD

I'm just wondering if I can play Pearl, Diamond, Platinum etc. games on my Gameboid emulator for my Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 mini pro. I haven't played any game from this gen yet and would love to give them a blast to see what they are like. If I can't use them on my current emulator, what emulator would be needed for me to use them?
Thanks for your help in advance
Gamboid is a Game Boy Advance emulator.
It will not run any DS games on it what so ever.

There are also no mobile version of a DS emulator as the dual screen is a massive issue for any phone to emulate.
I doubt there will be any mobile DS emulator's in the near future.

Old December 29th, 2011 (11:08 AM).
Mdash2011
2ndGenPlaya

OK. Cheers for that Nate. I guess I'll just have to invest in a laptop then

I do have another question incase anyone can help me but I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask it. It's about a specific Pokemon hack game.
Is this the right place to ask? If not could someone direct me to the correct thread xD
Old December 29th, 2011 (12:00 PM).
Nate VonGrimm
Mime Jr.

OK. Cheers for that Nate. I guess I'll just have to invest in a laptop then

I do have another question incase anyone can help me but I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask it. It's about a specific Pokemon hack game.
Is this the right place to ask? If not could someone direct me to the correct thread xD
It is a pain but until phone technology improves, don't use them for emulation

This thread is about all things Emulation so you can ask away.
What's the Hack called?
If there is a thread for that game, we can re-direct you.

Old December 29th, 2011 (12:43 PM).
Mdash2011
2ndGenPlaya

I'm looking for a certain game that I played a while ago, but I can't remember what it's called or much about it. I'll describe all I know (which isn't a lot) and hopefully you can put a name to the hack.

-It's a hack of Pokemon Crystal.
-The evil team use mainly electric type Pokemon and have yellow outfits.
-Part of their secret base is in Dragon's Den.

I said I didn't have a lot of info but hopefully it'll help.
Old December 29th, 2011 (08:07 PM).
Peetzaahhh
Hackin N00b

I'm sorry, I dont know... but I need a question for myself:

Is there a way you move the city on the map... like placement... as if I want Pallet Town on Seafoam Islands.... how can you do that...

thnx for any help
BT
Old December 29th, 2011 (09:16 PM).
Nate VonGrimm
Mime Jr.

I'm looking for a certain game that I played a while ago, but I can't remember what it's called or much about it. I'll describe all I know (which isn't a lot) and hopefully you can put a name to the hack.

-It's a hack of Pokemon Crystal.
-The evil team use mainly electric type Pokemon and have yellow outfits.
-Part of their secret base is in Dragon's Den.

I said I didn't have a lot of info but hopefully it'll help.
Hmmm I haven't played any GB Pokemon Hacks.

Your better off looking in the Hack's Showcase forum. If your lucky, It might be in there.

Old December 29th, 2011 (09:58 PM).
Peetzaahhh
Hackin N00b

if it is... it'll be a loooooooong time tough xD
Old December 30th, 2011 (12:49 AM).
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Guys,
<minimoding>
This may be [Emulation] Simple Questions Thread, but... you should direct your hacking questions into ROM hacking section not here.
</minimoding>

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old December 30th, 2011 (01:39 PM).
Peetzaahhh
Hackin N00b

Oh, there's a specific ROM hacking question thread?
Old December 31st, 2011 (12:18 AM).
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by Peetzaahhh:
Oh, there's a specific ROM hacking question thread?
You can ask in Simple Questions Thread.

Old January 1st, 2012 (12:57 AM).
ShatteredRose
Thanks for Noticin'

Well, hopefully I can get some help and not get my head bit off.

I've been trying to play PMD: Explorers of Sky ROM using Desmume. The game does save. However, when I try to load up the game again, it is as if I have no save file. I've checked my paths (config > paths) and everything is good there. So why wouldn't Desmume be recognizing a .dsv save file?

I did so much research to find out how to make this game work. And the answers were always Desmume...but now it does not work. Ugh. Using latest version of Desmume.
Old January 1st, 2012 (11:39 PM).
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by ShatteredRose:
Well, hopefully I can get some help and not get my head bit off.

I've been trying to play PMD: Explorers of Sky ROM using Desmume. The game does save. However, when I try to load up the game again, it is as if I have no save file. I've checked my paths (config > paths) and everything is good there. So why wouldn't Desmume be recognizing a .dsv save file?

I did so much research to find out how to make this game work. And the answers were always Desmume...but now it does not work. Ugh. Using latest version of Desmume.
Maybe download older version of DeSmuME?
I know that new versions of emulators sometimes might not work as the previous versions.

Old January 3rd, 2012 (01:13 AM).
codyweis

i need help and some questions answered. pleeease. First question, Was shiny gold ever finished where you could battle Red? And i really need help getting liquid crystal or shiny gold on my android phone. ive been trying to do this for the past week. i have a droid razr with gameboid emulator. I have a real fire red rom. how can i play liquid crystal .ips on my phone. thank you
Old January 3rd, 2012 (05:35 AM).
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by codyweis:
i need help and some questions answered. pleeease. First question, Was shiny gold ever finished where you could battle Red? And i really need help getting liquid crystal or shiny gold on my android phone. ive been trying to do this for the past week. i have a droid razr with gameboid emulator. I have a real fire red rom. how can i play liquid crystal .ips on my phone. thank you
I did say that this thread should be left of hacking related questions, did not I...?
Well whatever... Shiny Gold was never OFFICIALLY finished. I think someone did finish Zel's work though.

Old January 3rd, 2012 (01:55 PM).
codyweis

So where could I get the finished one? And does anyone know how to get it on an android phone!?
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links