Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub
Reload this Page EMULATION Questions Thread

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old February 10th, 2012 (03:12 AM). Edited February 10th, 2012 by mysteryme.
mysteryme
Togepi

Thanks for help. Now i have 1 more question:
Where can i find a tutorial for making a rival? Or where can i find a rival script?
Old February 10th, 2012 (04:00 AM).
DrFuji
Helfen, Wehren, Heilen
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Quote originally posted by mysteryme:
Thanks for help, another quick question:
Where can i find a script tutorial for making a rival?
There is no real tutorial for making a rival as there is no set way for making one. You just need to use a combination of commands like you would in any other script. If you want their Pokemon to change depending on which starter you chose you can set a flag/ variable when you receive the Pokemon and then check it when you encounter you rival. You could write something along the lines of this:

Code:
compare 0x4031 0x0 // variable 0x4031 determines which starter you chose in an unedited FR ROM
if 0x1 call @BattleCharmander
compare 0x4031 0x1
if 0x1 call @BattleBulbasaur
compare 0x4031 0x2
if 0x1 call @BattleSquirtle
msgbox @YouBeatMe 0x2

#org @BattleCharmander
trainerbattle 0x3 0x30 0x0 @after
return

#org @BattleBulbasaur
trainerbattle 0x3 0x31 0x0 @after
return

#org @BattleSquirtle
trainerbattle 0x3 0x32 0x0 @after
return
Old February 10th, 2012 (05:13 AM).
mysteryme
Togepi

Quote originally posted by DrFuji:
There is no real tutorial for making a rival as there is no set way for making one. You just need to use a combination of commands like you would in any other script. If you want their Pokemon to change depending on which starter you chose you can set a flag/ variable when you receive the Pokemon and then check it when you encounter you rival. You could write something along the lines of this:

Code:
compare 0x4031 0x0 // variable 0x4031 determines which starter you chose in an unedited FR ROM
if 0x1 call @BattleCharmander
compare 0x4031 0x1
if 0x1 call @BattleBulbasaur
compare 0x4031 0x2
if 0x1 call @BattleSquirtle
msgbox @YouBeatMe 0x2

#org @BattleCharmander
trainerbattle 0x3 0x30 0x0 @after
return

#org @BattleBulbasaur
trainerbattle 0x3 0x31 0x0 @after
return

#org @BattleSquirtle
trainerbattle 0x3 0x32 0x0 @after
return
I just want to make a second rival. I have gary, and now i want to make a second one. so, i don't need the codes with starters.
I want her to meet me, battle, than walk away and disappear.
Old February 10th, 2012 (05:37 AM).
DrFuji
Helfen, Wehren, Heilen
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Quote originally posted by mysteryme:
I just want to make a second rival. I have gary, and now i want to make a second one. so, i don't need the codes with starters.
I want her to meet me, battle, than walk away and disappear.
If that's what you need help with then I think you would be better of by reading diegoisawesome's XSE tutorial as it gives detailed instructions on making applymovement scripts and how a lot of the scripting commands work. Also, try looking at scripts that other people/ Gamefreak have made to learn their structures. If you're still having problems with your script then you should post in the Script Help Thread from now on.
Old February 10th, 2012 (06:25 AM).
mysteryme
Togepi

Ok thank you i found it.
Another quick and very different question:
How long does it take for an admin or mod to confirm a new topic in hacks showcase and progressing hacks? i am waiting for 2 days now..
Old February 19th, 2012 (05:53 PM). Edited February 19th, 2012 by Hamel.
Hamel
Beginning Trainer

This may have been answered before or there may be a tutorial on this, if there are, I'm not finding something that is helping me at all, or it could be that I'm just too frustrated in trying to find it that I'm blinded in actually seeing it. I'm trying to make a hack but I'm having a few problems.

1) I'm trying to figure out how to change the selecting options on the side of advanced map, (where you pick the selections for grass/buildings etc, I'd post a pic but it won't allow me to without 15 posts, I'm not exactly sure the exact term or name for this either so searching for how to change it around is hard) I don't want to use the options for Ruby and want to have something a bit more updated looking but I'm not understanding or seeing how to change it. I'm on a Mac (which some might say is the problem) and am using Advanced Map through Wine.

2) Are there hacking tools for Mac? I'd really like to use the A-Mart, A-Text and A-Starter not to mention YAPE but wine won't open them and when I tried to use them on another computer (PC) it won't load them and keeps telling me that trojans are attached to them I have this really awesome idea for a hack but I feel that the task may be outside my abilities for what I'm working with.
Old February 20th, 2012 (06:50 AM).
BDHORNZ
Beginning Trainer

I have a question which came in my mind yesterday.is it possible to play hacks online? I want to play pokemon b/w online and I am playing Blaze Black(a b/w hack),so can I just play online with normal b/w players even though I play a hack??
Old February 25th, 2012 (12:34 AM).
Hamel
Beginning Trainer

Not sure if allowed to bump this up, because I'd really like some answers to my questions since I can't seem to find any answers through threads. Thanks~!
Old March 2nd, 2012 (06:27 PM).
Outkin
OM*G PIKMIN 3!!!

Nature: Quirky
What are the diffrences between roms for hacking purposes? Diffrent people seem to keep saying diffrent ones are better which leads me to believe it's down to the type of hack and personal choice. This is confusing me a bit, but I'm sure once I get the facts I'll figure it out.

Thanks1

Old March 3rd, 2012 (05:16 PM).
bwburke94
NEW RUN STARTS AUGUST 1! 000/721

Nature: Relaxed
Quote originally posted by BDHORNZ:
I have a question which came in my mind yesterday.is it possible to play hacks online? I want to play pokemon b/w online and I am playing Blaze Black(a b/w hack),so can I just play online with normal b/w players even though I play a hack??
This is a late response, but the answer is yes. You just have to make sure everything you use for battles or trading was hatched from an egg, in order to make sure everything's considered to be legal by the servers.

3DS Friend Code: 0645-5804-7602

I'm just a little crazy sometimes.
OK, a lot crazy all the time.

My romhacks and Essentials games are on hold until Essentials is updated.
Old March 6th, 2012 (08:38 AM).
Pokemon Trainer R3d
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Adamant
What does "wrote state 1" on the VBA mean? Does it mean I wrote a save state?
Old March 8th, 2012 (02:11 AM).
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote originally posted by Pokemon Trainer R3d:
What does "wrote state 1" on the VBA mean? Does it mean I wrote a save state?
Well yes, you don't need to care about it

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old March 8th, 2012 (02:20 AM).
Skitty1
Highlight my signature :)

I am using Rin (gb/gbc emulator) and I cannot get Pokemon Crystal to work...

I know that is hard to read it says: This Game Pak is designed only for use on the Game Boy Color.

Please help me
Old March 9th, 2012 (12:26 AM).
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

@Skitty1: Just use VBA
VBA can emulate GBs/GBCs really well

Old March 12th, 2012 (10:52 AM).
Pokemon Trainer R3d
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Adamant
Okay so everytime I play Pokemon Gold on my VBA on Mac, it keeps saying Wrote Battery and it blocks the word box too. How do I stop this from happening?
Old March 16th, 2012 (11:52 AM).
xZanco
Beginning Trainer

How do I run the pokemon sienna Hack? Do I need to use a certain emulator or patch it or some thing?
Old April 5th, 2012 (09:39 PM).
Dayjtd
Beginning Trainer

I saw somewhere that you are able to put an emulator on a PSP. Is this true? And if you can does anyone know how? I have an old PSP that I do not use and if I could get my emulator onto it, it would make me an extremely happy person. I have been playing my Pokemon Crystal on my GBC and a version of Silver on my VBA Emulator with an Xbox 360 controller. If I could get it on my PSP though that would be awesome!

Any feedback would help, and if this is in the wrong section can a mod put it into the right section?

Thanks!
-Jon
Old April 22nd, 2012 (07:45 AM).
Tragoedia
Cool Trainer :3

I was wondering if anyone could help, I was gutted to find that I couldn't open my ROM on VS Trainer all of a sudden, it was the first time I'd used it on this particular hack,
I restarted the hack, luckily most of the stuff I'd done was cosmetic so it wasn't hard to transfer what i'd done since Advance Map was still accepting the ROM
I saved what I could and repeated what I'd done and found that as soon as I used YAPE, VS Trainer stopped accepting the ROM :/
I was wondering, is this a common conflict? Is there a solution?
Old May 6th, 2012 (12:12 AM).
Skitty1
Highlight my signature :)

Quote originally posted by Ash493:
@Skitty1: Just use VBA
VBA can emulate GBs/GBCs really well
Thanks for the reply but I got it working - btw Rin is for the PSP :p.

New question: how do I edit my Pokedex in B/W? I managed to get Skitty in the game :3 but I cannot get it to show up inside the Pokedex :'(...
Old May 10th, 2012 (01:51 PM).
mrclutch24
Beginning Trainer

I am using desmume 0.9.8 for Heart Gold. In one rom, the game freezes in bellsprout tower when I face a monk on the last level. The pokeballs keep spinning and the music plays.
In a different rom, after I beat bellsprout tower and exit to Violet City, most areas are blacked out. When I load my save, the game will freeze after exiting the tower. Are there any patches that could fix these problems? Also, I save with save states instead of in-game, if that helps, and is this an anti-piracy issue?
Old May 10th, 2012 (05:35 PM).
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
Quote originally posted by mrclutch24:
I am using desmume 0.9.8 for Heart Gold. In one rom, the game freezes in bellsprout tower when I face a monk on the last level. The pokeballs keep spinning and the music plays.
In a different rom, after I beat bellsprout tower and exit to Violet City, most areas are blacked out. When I load my save, the game will freeze after exiting the tower. Are there any patches that could fix these problems? Also, I save with save states instead of in-game, if that helps, and is this an anti-piracy issue?
The only measures of anti-piracy in HGSS other than the standard Nintendo business is renaming the folders. So it seems like desmume is acting up again. There's no real fix for that other than starting over and hoping for the best, or using No$GBA if you're on Windows. HGSS seems to act up quite a bit on Desmume for some reason.

Old May 15th, 2012 (02:45 AM).
lukejm7367
Beginning Trainer

I have an EZ-Flash 3-1 and I have pokemon firered on it. I have been reading about migrating pokemon from EZ-Flash and it seems that I need to have it saved in NOR. I wanted to migrate my pokemon from it to Diamond Version.

Is there anyway for me to migrate my pokemon?

Do I need it in NOR?

Can I change my save from SRAM to NOR?

Can I switch to my saves from my DSTWO and migrate from them also?
Old May 18th, 2012 (12:06 AM). Edited May 18th, 2012 by WillowWolf.
WillowWolf
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Relaxed
First post is a newb question, yay...
Anyways. I am looking to import all of my favorite moemon into my favorite pokemon hacks and roms. I have the indexing and inserting all down, but I would like to know if anyone knows of any hacks with moemon that are different from the popular LG hack and Emerald? (I know there's a fire red, but it has the same or not as good imo moemon to what I already have)

Obviously you don't have to link me to the rom or hack. I know how to use google. I see these pictures with moemon I'd like, but I can't seem to find them- and I have looked. An example would be:

[since it won't let me use URLs yet] the first image that comes up when you search 'moemon sprites' in google images. Links to a deviantArt of a person named mewzard. Should have a yellow-y/tan background.

There are many in that image that I already have, but like the Vulpix/Ninetails, The three other Dragonites, and slowpoke/slowbro/slowking I cannot find roms or hacks or sprite sets of them. I know how to get them out of the rom and whotnot.
If anyone can find me the name or a hint of moemon that are really cool, I'll be forever greatful. And I am looking for the backs and shiny versions obviously, since I'm going to put them into the games myself. A hack name or zip file or individuals of the sprites or something would be really appreciated.
Thanks for reading,
Willow~

PS
The guy who posted the moemon sprites on dA just FOUND that image. he doesn't have the sprites other than this imageset. I looked through it.

Quote originally posted by Dayjtd:
I saw somewhere that you are able to put an emulator on a PSP. Is this true? And if you can does anyone know how? I have an old PSP that I do not use and if I could get my emulator onto it, it would make me an extremely happy person. I have been playing my Pokemon Crystal on my GBC and a version of Silver on my VBA Emulator with an Xbox 360 controller. If I could get it on my PSP though that would be awesome!

Any feedback would help, and if this is in the wrong section can a mod put it into the right section?

Thanks!
-Jon
First off, you need to hack the PSP, which can be risky if you're not comfortable- don't brick the thing.
I can't give you all the details on that, though I've done it myself. It's something you'll have to devote like an hour of your life looking through google to figure out. OH and don't hack a 3000 or 3001 PSP. Harder to hack, easier to brick. It's best if you have the oldest or 2000 psp.

And for the GBA emulator, yes. there is one. A few, if I remember right. Just google 'psp gameboy emulator'. Easy find . Then just look up a tutorial on how to put it into the game, if it doesn't work by loading it on the stick, and you'll be good to go .

(Google is my best friend, in case you didn't notice xD)

Quote originally posted by xZanco:
How do I run the pokemon sienna Hack? Do I need to use a certain emulator or patch it or some thing?
If you use VBA, and you have the patch, you can usually just rename BOTH of the files to something that's EXACTLY the same.
Like say you have this sienna in your ROMs folder or something. Put the .gba file with it and name both something like 'Pokemon Sienna'. Leave the '.ips' and .gba parts as they are. If you run the .gba file on VBA, it should work. If not, just find an ips patching program (easy google fix, or even this forum. They have great tools here, which can be found in the search above the forums with a button that says 'Search This Forum') and patch the ips file to the gba file.

Hope that helps :3

Quote originally posted by Outkin:
What are the diffrences between roms for hacking purposes? Diffrent people seem to keep saying diffrent ones are better which leads me to believe it's down to the type of hack and personal choice. This is confusing me a bit, but I'm sure once I get the facts I'll figure it out.

Thanks1
It IS personal choice. All (or at least 90%) can be hacked with the same tools as the others.
I use unLZ-GBA to rip sprites, and the Advance Pokemon editors to input sprites (can't get it to work right for me on unLZ, and the Advance Pokemon SPrite Editor is much simpler, since it's JUST a pokemon sprite replacer, basically). Otherwise, I haven't dove too deep into hacking just yet. I picked it up just this monday, but from what I've done so far, those two things are great for sprite replacement :D
Just to note, if you're using unLZ to hack the actual pokemon sprites, in each game they begin at different places. There is a 'Goto' box, right? That takes you to the area in the rom where whatever is stored in the number is. Like in LG, it starts at 668 or 669 and goes on for the actual pokemon front and back sprites. (if you ARE ripping sprites at all, don't forget the shinys, which are found when you click to the pokemon you want and click next pallet for the shiny version, which ALSO needs to be saved. FOr some reason it goes straight to the shiny version when you click next and get to the backsprite- what you see when you battle. To get to the normal coloring, just click previous pal)
Old May 24th, 2012 (01:21 AM).
Jcscheper
Beginning Trainer

When I try to open my hacked version of FR, it says 'Unsupported ARM mode00'. How can I fix this? I really want to know if my hack was a succes.
Old May 24th, 2012 (02:59 AM).
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by Jcscheper:
When I try to open my hacked version of FR, it says 'Unsupported ARM mode00'. How can I fix this? I really want to know if my hack was a succes.
This does not really belong here.
You need to use Simple Questions thread in ROM hacking forum.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links