The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Emulation & ROM Hacking

Notices

Emulation & ROM Hacking The center for the community emulation scene. Come and discuss all things emulation and develop your own hacks!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 24th, 2012, 08:19 AM
Trainer Crimson
Beginning Trainer

Ok whenever I try to wrap pokemon hacking tools to work for mac with winebottler (usually .exe) I get the same error "find log file" I am unsure what to do about this I am hoping other mac users have experienced a similar problem and can help me out.
Old May 24th, 2012, 11:34 AM
Spherical Ice

I've tried both VBA-SDL, VBA-SDL-H, and JPAN's VBA-SDL-H2, but all of these have the same problem.

Upon entering Debugging mode, everything works fine until I return to the ROM, where the screen fades white, doesn't respond and essentially crashes, meaning I can't really do anything.

Does anyone know a fix, an alternative, or something to get around this..?
Old May 26th, 2012, 06:13 PM
jradams11
Beginning Trainer

Hello everyone,

Ive been stuck on a technical problem with Pokemon Flora Sky for a couple days and hoping someone can help me out. I currently have my game saved right before I challenge Cynthia. Everytime I challenge her and win, the game goes through its normal your the champion log your Pokemon thing fine, and it shows the credits and all that, but when the game returns to the initial screen where you select "continue" to keep playing, I get a prompt saying my save has been deleted because of data corruption. How do I correct or get around this? I cant continue with the game until I can jump this hurdle. Help?
Old May 26th, 2012, 10:18 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by jradams11 View Post
Hello everyone,

Ive been stuck on a technical problem with Pokemon Flora Sky for a couple days and hoping someone can help me out. I currently have my game saved right before I challenge Cynthia. Everytime I challenge her and win, the game goes through its normal your the champion log your Pokemon thing fine, and it shows the credits and all that, but when the game returns to the initial screen where you select "continue" to keep playing, I get a prompt saying my save has been deleted because of data corruption. How do I correct or get around this? I cant continue with the game until I can jump this hurdle. Help?
Reptach the ROM and if it does not work, you would need to start anew because your save is corrupted from the moment you start playing.
Old May 27th, 2012, 10:31 AM
jradams11
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post

Reptach the ROM and if it does not work, you would need to start anew because your save is corrupted from the moment you start playing.
How do I go about re-patching the ROM? Never done that before. Also, how does one avoid corrupting saves in the first place? Was it something I did, or a file error outside my control?
I would like to thank you btw, your the same guy whose suggestions helped me get Light Platinum to work, and now your giving me a hand with Flora Sky. I hope your getting paid to do this, because your doing a phenomenal job. I really appreciate it.
Old May 28th, 2012, 09:37 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori

Quote:
Originally Posted by jradams11 View Post
How do I go about re-patching the ROM? Never done that before. Also, how does one avoid corrupting saves in the first place? Was it something I did, or a file error outside my control?
I would like to thank you btw, your the same guy whose suggestions helped me get Light Platinum to work, and now your giving me a hand with Flora Sky. I hope your getting paid to do this, because your doing a phenomenal job. I really appreciate it.
Repatching means that you patch new ROM and use the save stat from the old one =) (Just have the same name it's all you need).
If it does not work then it means that your save is unfortunately corrupted...
To avoid corruption, it's best to try saving in the game. If it works, you should have no problems

And... no, I'm no paid for this :D
Old May 29th, 2012, 02:59 PM
Trainer Crimson
Beginning Trainer

ok nobody has posted an answer to my problem these are all irrelivant to the thread
Old May 30th, 2012, 11:27 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainer Crimson View Post
ok nobody has posted an answer to my problem these are all irrelivant to the thread
Because there are very few Mac users here.
And if there's nothing that can emulate Windows interface you probably wouldn't be able to use *.exe tools...
Old May 31st, 2012, 08:27 PM
xxashxx
Gotta Catch Em All

Nature: Relaxed
On my snes9x emulator how do I use the double cheat codes for Super Metroid? Meaning the ones with a plus (+) sign in the middle of both cheats?

For example: The code for 700 energy Tanks has 2 cheats. Enter cheat code here+ enter cheat code here. When I enter the first code and try to add the plus sign the bar for the code ends and I can't add any more numbers or letters etc. I tried doing the code separate but it erased my file completely. Hope you guys can help. Thanks XD.
HeartGold:
White: 0777 1176 4886 NEW
Black:
5072 5181 8171

Will update other FC's later.

My Player Thread.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=204732

My Full thread on Pokebeach

http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thre...hread-now-open
Old June 17th, 2012, 08:01 PM
SpiritWeasel
Beginning Trainer

Hey guys! Im new here. I wanted to know if anyone knows where I can get a rom for pokemon crystal that allows me to change the time and day at will. I have heard there are some out there but I couldnt find one. I was hoping someone here knows where I could find one. Sorry if there is one here and I just didnt find it in the forums. Remember Im new. All help is appreciated.
Old June 18th, 2012, 10:34 AM
SpadeEdge16

Quick question, when I open Overworld Editor and try to load my fire red rom it says "Error loading INI settings for this game." What does that mean and how can I fix it?
Old June 23rd, 2012, 01:36 PM
SpadeEdge16

Sorry if this is a bit off topic, but can someone tell me what ds emulator is good for playing heart gold? I got no$gba, but it keeps freezing after the character shrinks down and the game officially starts.
Old June 23rd, 2012, 01:43 PM
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to tajaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpadeEdge16 View Post
Sorry if this is a bit off topic, but can someone tell me what ds emulator is good for playing heart gold? I got no$gba, but it keeps freezing after the character shrinks down and the game officially starts.
You need cheat codes for the Black Screen Fix just search it off google...

But if you want something that doesnt freeze try using desmume...
Old June 23rd, 2012, 06:34 PM
Rodriguezjames55
No Jokes #MegaCharizard

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Rodriguezjames55
I'm trying to play black2(I WILL NOT POST THE LINK sorry following rules) and desume to slow no$GBA i get a error and iDeS i have a black screen help/tell me a better emulator
@Sydian I tried no luck

Last edited by Rodriguezjames55; June 23rd, 2012 at 06:57 PM.
Old June 23rd, 2012, 06:40 PM
Jak
greatest of heroes

Nature: Timid
I heard you can find a better emulator by asking Google.

Fouetté | Rygarde | Déesse | Parfum | Pamplemousse
pairs | super mod of challenges | avatar by kaori

alli: i don't feel like being the big bad bottle of orange juice today
Necrum: Is that a reference to your Smod color? lol
alli: yes
Old June 23rd, 2012, 07:43 PM
Mr. X
Oops

Nature: Quiet
You'd have better luck trying the emulation section.

I actually posted a fix for it to work on No$.

But, I'm feeling nicer then usual so I'll give you the fix/code right now, instead of telling you to stop being lazy, and to check the Emulation section.

52004EA0 E8BD01F0
02004EA0 EAFFF25C
E2001800 0000005C
E92D4008 E3A00000
E3A0150E E2811A06
E5810B44 EA5FE9F2
E59F4034 E59F5034
E5845000 E59F4020
E5945000 E59F601C
E1550006 03A05001
05C4500A 03A05000
E1445DB4 E8BD01F0
EA000D95 021809E0
28AAFF1F 037FBFE0
EAA01606 00000000
D0000000 00000000
input as AR, no RAW.

Don't bother with the english translation yet. From what I've read, that somehow screws with this fix and causes freezes.

Were using the B/W thread right now, although I'll proably make a thread for BW2 if no one else does by tommarow.

Edit - Really though, No$ and Deseume are the only DS emulators worth a damn. iDeaS, and NeonDS haven't been updated for a long time, and even then they never had very good comparability. No$ hasn't been updated for half a decade now, and has long since been surpassed by Deseume, but it still has good compability for newer games.

The Hacker Project MMORPG

Last edited by Mr. X; June 23rd, 2012 at 07:48 PM.
Old June 24th, 2012, 06:55 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori

I don't know what people do with their DeSmuMEs but B2W2 works like a charm on DeSmuME 0.9.8 without any cheats needed.
Old June 24th, 2012, 08:09 AM
Rodriguezjames55
No Jokes #MegaCharizard

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Rodriguezjames55
@ Mr. X #1 THANK YOU
#2 i did it was moved here
Old June 24th, 2012, 10:18 AM
Mr. X
Oops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
I don't know what people do with their DeSmuMEs but B2W2 works like a charm on DeSmuME 0.9.8 without any cheats needed.
Cheat not for DeSmuMEs, for no$.

Anyway, the 1.3 translation doesn't autotrim the rom so you can use that and it shouldn't cause any other issues with No$.

The Hacker Project MMORPG
Old June 24th, 2012, 07:54 PM
CaptainSoap
Awesome Trainer

Nature: Quirky
Anyone know if it's possible to play .isp roms on "GBA Emulator" for Android? And if so, how?
Old June 26th, 2012, 10:43 AM
Team Fail

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainSoap View Post
Anyone know if it's possible to play .isp roms on "GBA Emulator" for Android? And if so, how?
IPS files are not roms. They are patches that are supposed to be applied to a ROM.

Team Fail

Community Supporter Collab
☆ ☆ ☆

Old July 3rd, 2012, 12:08 AM
spider095
Beginning Trainer

Hey I have a bit of an issue. I downloaded the VBA link version, so I could trade pokemon between Fr and Lg, and my computer is wicked fast, but when I go in and hit "Link" --> Wireless Adapter; it starts the thing, but it is ridiculously slow. I've been unable to get past "Waiting for repl" and it just kinda freezes there...is there a way to speed this up?

aaaaand it didnt reply to the specific message I tried to reply to :/ sorry, I did read thru the forum, i found someone that seemed to know how to fix this, and tried to reply specifically to that person...ig it didnt work.

Last edited by spider095; July 3rd, 2012 at 12:09 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old July 5th, 2012, 12:35 PM
SeekerOfDarkness
Finch, sir.

Okay, well, I have Pokemon on an Emerald rom on my dstwo supercard, and I hear that there's a way to use a gba-ds linkage function on the supercard to transfer my Pokemon from Emerald to a ds Pokemon game, like in my case, SoulSilver. I've tried to follow the instructions of people throughtout the internet, but I still can't figure it out. Aidez-moi, s'il vous plait!
Old July 5th, 2012, 08:52 PM
PokePlayer101

vbalink help

i have dowladed two fire red roms so i can trade over a starter (i can be like ash) but when i do wireless adapter and the lady lets me into the room on the pokeecenter it just says connection error. both roms have the wireless adapter setting on so i dont know whats wrong. thanks!
Old July 7th, 2012, 09:18 PM
spider095
Beginning Trainer

Hmm...OK totally ignore my last post. Is there any version of DesMuMe that can allow WiFi?! I looked it up on YouTube, and all tutorials point to a 0.9.7 or 0.9.6 version, as they have a WiFi option under "Config" in the toolbar thing. Well...each time I download one of these versions...that option isn't there >.< Does ANY version of DesMuMe support WiFi? Or, are there other ways to get my FC and trade w/others?
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links