• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Help Thread: Patching & Emulation

Mdash2011

2ndGenPlaya
Years
OK. Cheers for that Nate. I guess I'll just have to invest in a laptop then :)

I do have another question incase anyone can help me but I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask it. It's about a specific Pokemon hack game.
Is this the right place to ask? If not could someone direct me to the correct thread xD

Years
  • Seen Feb 9, 2017
There is a website called Vizzed where you can play Pokemon Firered. Though you need to install a plugin for it to work online.

Years
OK. Cheers for that Nate. I guess I'll just have to invest in a laptop then :)

I do have another question incase anyone can help me but I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask it. It's about a specific Pokemon hack game.
Is this the right place to ask? If not could someone direct me to the correct thread xD

It is a pain but until phone technology improves, don't use them for emulation :P

This thread is about all things Emulation so you can ask away.
What's the Hack called?
If there is a thread for that game, we can re-direct you.

Mdash2011

2ndGenPlaya
Years
I'm looking for a certain game that I played a while ago, but I can't remember what it's called or much about it. I'll describe all I know (which isn't a lot) and hopefully you can put a name to the hack.

-It's a hack of Pokemon Crystal.
-The evil team use mainly electric type Pokemon and have yellow outfits.
-Part of their secret base is in Dragon's Den.

I said I didn't have a lot of info but hopefully it'll help.

BT

Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2020
I'm sorry, I dont know... but I need a question for myself:

Is there a way you move the city on the map... like placement... as if I want Pallet Town on Seafoam Islands.... how can you do that...

thnx for any help
BT

Years
I'm looking for a certain game that I played a while ago, but I can't remember what it's called or much about it. I'll describe all I know (which isn't a lot) and hopefully you can put a name to the hack.

-It's a hack of Pokemon Crystal.
-The evil team use mainly electric type Pokemon and have yellow outfits.
-Part of their secret base is in Dragon's Den.

I said I didn't have a lot of info but hopefully it'll help.

Hmmm I haven't played any GB Pokemon Hacks.

Your better off looking in the Hack's Showcase forum. If your lucky, It might be in there.

Years
There is a website called Vizzed where you can play Pokemon Firered. Though you need to install a plugin for it to work online.

I couldn't find it. It redirected me to a Facebook page. Could you provide a link?

I apologize for that last post. I found a link :) Thanks guys

Last edited:

ShatteredRose

Thanks for Noticin'
Years
Well, hopefully I can get some help and not get my head bit off.

I've been trying to play PMD: Explorers of Sky ROM using Desmume. The game does save. However, when I try to load up the game again, it is as if I have no save file. I've checked my paths (config > paths) and everything is good there. So why wouldn't Desmume be recognizing a .dsv save file?

I did so much research to find out how to make this game work. And the answers were always Desmume...but now it does not work. Ugh. Using latest version of Desmume.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Well, hopefully I can get some help and not get my head bit off.

I've been trying to play PMD: Explorers of Sky ROM using Desmume. The game does save. However, when I try to load up the game again, it is as if I have no save file. I've checked my paths (config > paths) and everything is good there. So why wouldn't Desmume be recognizing a .dsv save file?

I did so much research to find out how to make this game work. And the answers were always Desmume...but now it does not work. Ugh. Using latest version of Desmume.
Maybe download older version of DeSmuME?
I know that new versions of emulators sometimes might not work as the previous versions.

Years
  • Seen Jan 2, 2015
i need help and some questions answered. pleeease. First question, Was shiny gold ever finished where you could battle Red? And i really need help getting liquid crystal or shiny gold on my android phone. ive been trying to do this for the past week. i have a droid razr with gameboid emulator. I have a real fire red rom. how can i play liquid crystal .ips on my phone. thank you

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
i need help and some questions answered. pleeease. First question, Was shiny gold ever finished where you could battle Red? And i really need help getting liquid crystal or shiny gold on my android phone. ive been trying to do this for the past week. i have a droid razr with gameboid emulator. I have a real fire red rom. how can i play liquid crystal .ips on my phone. thank you
I did say that this thread should be left of hacking related questions, did not I...?
Well whatever... Shiny Gold was never OFFICIALLY finished. I think someone did finish Zel's work though.

Years
  • Seen Jan 2, 2015
So where could I get the finished one? And does anyone know how to get it on an android phone!?

Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2012
Hey guys, I'm new to hacking, but I've looked at some tutorials and information and even picked up a pack of tools, however I discovered that all the tools are .exe and my mac is the best computer in the house to be hacking on, does anyone know if there are any tools or methods I can use to on my mac?

Years
Hey guys, I'm new to hacking, but I've looked at some tutorials and information and even picked up a pack of tools, however I discovered that all the tools are .exe and my mac is the best computer in the house to be hacking on, does anyone know if there are any tools or methods I can use to on my mac?

No tools have been designed for Mac as most of the tools run of the microsoft .net framework.

Even that wine program (whatever it's called) can't run them because Mac's do not use .net framework.

Have to invest in a PC or laptop OR run a virtual windows system on your Mac.

Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2012

No tools have been designed for Mac as most of the tools run of the microsoft .net framework.

Even that wine program (whatever it's called) can't run them because Mac's do not use .net framework.

Have to invest in a PC or laptop OR run a virtual windows system on your Mac.

Alright, thanks for the reply.

ShadowTails

I'm working on a better Avatar
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 7, 2015
Does anyone know how to edit the font in Pokemon Emerald? That or happen to know the offsets so I can do it in Fonted? I don't know if there are any new programs that can do this, but Fonted doesn't have the offset for the graphics, or the width of the letters, and wont open the ROM without those.

If I knew how to find it, I'd try to find it myself, but it seems Fonted only has the info to edit Ruby, and I don't believe any of the fonts in any of the games are uncompressed.

Basically, what I'm wanting to do is take the Super Mario World approach (like how it had specific tiles to fit YELLOW SWITCH PALACE for that levels name) and edit some unused "letters" and make words like Electr and Psychc complete words without ruining the formatting of the text box. Possibly a few other things, but that's all I'm wanting to do at the moment, it's not a major concern, I can live without doing it, but it'd be nice to do.

Back