Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub
Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 31st, 2010, 07:55 PM
carlolicup
♀♪♫☼►◄↕‼ §☻♥♦♣♠•◘ ○

Send a message via Yahoo to carlolicup

Advertise here
can someone give me a full AXVE.ini for advance text . I cant find one on google . and I am too lazy to search text parts .
Trainer cards created by myself :
Spoiler:

Old April 2nd, 2010, 02:27 PM
ogslim
Beginning Trainer

Can you play Pokemon Azure Horizons on the psp?
I patch azure horizons ips to fire red and I get a BAK file, I need a GBA file to play on the psp
Old April 11th, 2010, 12:44 AM
Darthatron
巨大なトロール。
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Is there any way I can turn on Action Replay cheats in the no$gba debugger? There is no option that I can see, and it makes it difficult to hack things... So, ideas, anyway?
あなた は しきしゃ です
わたし は ばか です
Old April 11th, 2010, 02:00 AM
smurph717
Programmer

Nature: Bold
the no$gba debugger? or just the standard emulator? realize, the emulator itself is free, while the debugger costs thousands of dollars (which inherently means no one is gonna know much, if anything, about it).
Actively researching the HG/SS game engine. Current project: 4th gen map editor
Old April 11th, 2010, 02:08 AM
hashtag
the man in black

Uh, this shouldn't be here. (Shame on Spherical Ice. :<)

I'll be merging this with the Emulation SQ thread.
"i am the hero pokécommunity deserves, but not the one it needs right now"

paired with christos
retired rom hacker
please PM me any moderation requests (keep in mind the 24 hour rule)
Old April 11th, 2010, 02:32 AM
Darthatron
巨大なトロール。
Community Supporter

Yes, smurph717, I am aware. I have the debugger for disassembling routines for the GBA/DS games and finding data, etc. But I can't really use it with the black screen issues that HG/SS have. :\
あなた は しきしゃ です
わたし は ばか です
Old April 11th, 2010, 04:46 AM
smurph717
Programmer

Nature: Bold
quote the no$gba homepage:
Quote:
No$gba as a Programming Tool
For programmers, the no$gba debug version is a wonderful useful tool, making it easier to them to make better games in less time. If you are a programmer, be sure to have a look at,
no$gba debug version homepage
no$gba debug version screenshots
I hope it will be a valuable tool being worth every cent if you should decide to buy it.
If you are not a programmer, then the debugging functions are completely useless to you, the debug version doesn't even support cheats! Really, you don't want to use that! Don't worry, no problem, just go using the no$gba freeware version for gamers
however, to get around the black screen anti piracy code, there's an ips patch for the rom floating around on the internet somewhere (or you can drop me a pm and i can email it to you, that's probably easier).
Actively researching the HG/SS game engine. Current project: 4th gen map editor
Old April 11th, 2010, 05:23 AM
Darthatron
巨大なトロール。
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurph717 View Post
quote the no$gba homepage:

however, to get around the black screen anti piracy code, there's an ips patch for the rom floating around on the internet somewhere (or you can drop me a pm and i can email it to you, that's probably easier).
Yeah, I did see that actually, I was just hoping there was some command line prompt to use as a work-around. Apparently not.

That would be good, thanks. I'll PM you.
あなた は しきしゃ です
わたし は ばか です
Old April 11th, 2010, 02:43 PM
SCV
DPP Game Researcher

Send a message via AIM to SCV Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to SCV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthatron View Post
Yeah, I did see that actually, I was just hoping there was some command line prompt to use as a work-around. Apparently not.

That would be good, thanks. I'll PM you.
Just change the instruction causing the loop. That should get rid of the most critical one.
Visit PP Wiki's ROM Editing and Research Page

A new type of DPP Editor: PPRE (PPRE beta 0.05 now out, but there are newer releases)

Useful programs for DPP Hacking/Research: http://rapidshare.com/files/17990048...ckingTools.zip
Old April 12th, 2010, 05:10 AM
Zeffy
mischief managed

I have a question. I'm using NO$GBA and playing Platinum. I don't encounter any errors whatsoever but the graphics is a mess. There's black lines everywhere? How do you fix that?
Old April 13th, 2010, 02:05 AM
payas0
Beginning Trainer

What are The HEX ADDRESSES of the STARTER POKEMONS on POKEMON LEAFGREEN ? I wanted to change it by HEX EDITTING ..
Old April 13th, 2010, 11:12 PM
Destiny.
The Absol Master

Nature: Adamant
Zeffy- You can't. No$gba certainly sacrifices graphics for speed

http://www.mediafire.com/?zzn4ynwzned
Old April 15th, 2010, 09:12 AM
SKRoy
Pokémon Hacker

(sorry for my Englisch. I'm dutch and my Englisch is not very good.)

You now you are in the game for example Pokémon Emerald than you must battle against Rayquaza you see the icon of Rayquaza and as you talk to the icon than you come in the battle. My question is: How can I import such a icon as Rayquaza but than as a Deoxys? I can't find it in the tutorial topics, so thats why I asked it.

Please help me (or maby you can give me a link to a tutorial).

~SKRoy
Old April 17th, 2010, 04:53 AM
Konekodemon
The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via ICQ to Konekodemon Send a message via AIM to Konekodemon Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Konekodemon Send a message via Yahoo to Konekodemon Send a message via Skype™ to Konekodemon
How do I get my GB/GBC/GBA Roms to have the default program to open them be VBA? I try to set it as default and it opens up the Roms with Adobe Reader instead of VBA when I click on them. How do I fix this? Also I set my GB files to .GBC and that made them play in color for awhile but now there playing in black and white again. How do I force the color back into them?

Please check out my InuYasha fanfiction and tell me what you think.
Sign up for Vizzard to play free Retro Games online: http://www.vizzed.com/boards/profile...1549&ref=61528
[/sig-reason]
Old April 18th, 2010, 09:35 AM
Bluerang1
pin pin

Nature: Relaxed
I can't help help any of you sorry

I want to know if I can move my MeBoy (Phone) game file to the PC?
3DS Friend Code: 1204-0601-9485
Pokémon X
Post on my wall if you add me so I can add you!
Old April 21st, 2010, 09:40 AM
TheShinyShinx
Beginning Trainer

What are all of the offsets for May's in battle sprites for Pokemon Ruby? (back sprites, rival battle/ trainer card ect)
Old April 21st, 2010, 10:59 AM
pokemonfan1003
Beginning Trainer

Is there a Pokédex editor for the RS/FRLG hacking roms? So you can change the Pokémon on the regional Pokédex?

edit: found ^^'

Last edited by pokemonfan1003; April 22nd, 2010 at 05:10 AM. Reason: Found it.
Old April 21st, 2010, 12:16 PM
DarkVhozon
Steel/Dragon Master

Every time i load Platinum on no$gba v2.6 it says POKEMON PLATINUM(E).sav(on the box this appears on it says no$gba-FATAL
The used to work fine(besides the slower walk speed but hey......) and i could save.This message just popped up one bad day.....
Please tell me their is a way to recover the save game and fix the game or whatever the problem is. Diamond and Pearl work fine too so I don't think it's the emulator but I'm not sure. If addional information is needed juts tell me

Thank you
White FC: 2451 4407 8213
Looking for friends I'm now on wifi
Currently: Breeding Zorua
Old April 29th, 2010, 08:39 AM
locoroco
Ginga Densetsu Weed ANIME PWNS

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to locoroco
Can you play Pokemon Azure Horizons on the psp?
I patch azure horizons ips to fire red and I get a BAK file, I need a GBA file to play on the psp

You just need to rename the file to .gba and it'll work.
This signature has been disabled.
Signature needs to be kept to a 600px x 400px area. Your long line of text pushes it over the limit. Put a few enters there and you will be able to get it inside the limits.
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old April 29th, 2010, 07:07 PM
blue4ever222
=^.^=

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to blue4ever222
I have the "save states" foler in my vba folders, and i don't know how to save. For a while it popped up with an error every time I tried, (i forgot what it said) But like now I set it to full screen, and it doesn't have that little menu on the top so i can't try saving. And every time I exit out of full screen it crashes. I'm using a mac.
Old May 2nd, 2010, 10:54 AM
Down with the darkness
Pretty freakin' awseome!

Location: 100 yards away, working on getting your head in my crosshairs.
Nature: Quirky
What program do I use to combine APS files to my ROM.
^READ THE POSTS PEOPLE^
When you assume you make an ass out of you and me. Mostly you.
Platinum FC: 4425-7657-0399

Rising
Shadows:

Will "Motherboard" Sydney

Hall of quotes:

Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vociferocity View Post
just keep it PG-17! no sexytimes in this rp, okay?

Old May 2nd, 2010, 05:52 PM
Finnix
The Dragon Elite

Nature: Naughty
When ever I save in some roms, ( Saving the normal way, I want to do this because once i saved on the vba all the way through Shiny Gold and after i would beat the elite four i would, and couldnt get anywhere, because after you beat it, it restarts, and saves to the game* )

I get a "Save error", Please exchange the backup memory. Is there anyway to fix this?

Thank you

I don't calculate stat values, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.75% of Pokemon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their pokemon battle-worthy. If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokemon up legally, put this in your signature.
Old May 3rd, 2010, 02:04 PM
Team Fail
The fine line between in|sanity
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
I don't know if this is in the proper place, but recently, I got an AceKard 2. I want to play Warioware D.I.Y on it, but no matter what ROM I get, the game won't boot. It takes a minute to load, than it says LOADING in pretty colors, than gives me a black screen. What is wrong with it?

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Follow me on Twitter! @TeamFail
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online
Alt 2: Jack Cayman

[04:20.39] <@GoGo> I WILL INSERT WITH PLEASURE
[04:20.45] <@GoGo> shut it Bela

[05:41.55] <Team_Fail> Blue Spider is interesting, but #MEHMasterRace
[05:42.20] <diegoisawesome> Team_Fail: Sounds like a bunch of unmotivated people that still want to try to take over the world
Old May 4th, 2010, 02:12 PM
The Original Darkwiz787
Stuck with text below my name.

Can Pokemon ROMS Trade to eachother? E.G. Red trade to Blue? Or Firered to Emerald?

.:Youtube:Sprites:My Fanfic:My Brawl Card:.

|Tensai's Secret|Adamant Diamond|
I Support Those Hacks
Thanks Ryukun for amazing theme

2% of the population thinks Global Warming is a scam. If you're one of the 98% who actually feel the drastically changing temperature, place this in your sig.

Old May 4th, 2010, 03:03 PM
Team Fail
The fine line between in|sanity
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Original Darkwiz787 View Post
Can Pokemon ROMS Trade to eachother? E.G. Red trade to Blue? Or Firered to Emerald?
On a flashcard, or the roms? You can with both. You use the flash cards with a link cable, or you can use VBA-link to use them to trade on an emulator. I also think TGBdual can, as well, although I'm not 100% sure.

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Follow me on Twitter! @TeamFail
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online
Alt 2: Jack Cayman

[04:20.39] <@GoGo> I WILL INSERT WITH PLEASURE
[04:20.45] <@GoGo> shut it Bela

[05:41.55] <Team_Fail> Blue Spider is interesting, but #MEHMasterRace
[05:42.20] <diegoisawesome> Team_Fail: Sounds like a bunch of unmotivated people that still want to try to take over the world
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here