The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central > Spinoff Games

Notices

Spinoff Games If it isn't in the main series of Pokémon games, it goes here (games such as Mystery Dungeon, Colosseum, XD, and so on.)

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 8th, 2013, 03:58 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaniOKh View Post
I went through Mt Battle in XD using what I call "Gen 1" strategy.

Basically, I only used a Lugia and a Dragonite, both of them had Earthquake (as well as a few other moves that would take care of flying Pokémon). Since they themselves are flying they don't harm each other with it. So I just spammed Earthquake turn after turn, and occasionally used Hydro Pump, Psycho Boost, Hyper Beam etc to take down flyers. The first time I attempted to get from Area 1 to 10 (to get my Gen 2 starters) , I lost in early Area 10, but the second time I succeeded. Just like in Gen 1, Earthquake owned most of my opponents :D .

The champion is a different story though. Double Earthquake is a must if you want to get rid of his Slaking as quickly as possible (and believe me, you'll want to) , but the Lati@s (he has both) and his Salamence will give you trouble.
Poor Lugia... getting purified :D But yeah, this is good strategy that fails against Flying types and Levitate types... And as you mentioned, Battle Master has both of that... :D
I think more diverse strategy should be applied here :D

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old March 13th, 2013, 05:58 PM
StinkomanFan
Intern of the Pokemon world

Nature: Quirky
According to Bulbapedia, Pokemon Colosseum is a main game. Where does it fit into the timeline?
Old March 13th, 2013, 06:06 PM
Jak
i'll let you have it

Nature: Timid
Unfortunately, that's probably up to a bunch of debates. We had a timeline thread in PGC, but it got really messy because people get really heated in there. I suppose you could search for that thread and see what was said and determine it for yourself. I don't recommend making another one though, because they always tend to go nuts.

As far as I know, especially after gen V, there isn't a very clear timeline anymore like there used to be. Pokemon has become the new Zelda, but a lot less convoluted, haha.

Into the room, I know you want it
Bang bang, all over you, I'll let you have it
Wait a minute, let me take you there
Old March 14th, 2013, 12:47 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by StinkomanFan View Post
According to Bulbapedia, Pokemon Colosseum is a main game. Where does it fit into the timeline?
I believe that's mistake on bulbapedia's side...
Colosseum should be treated as spin-off... I was explaining reasons in a different thread...
But as Syd said, we don't really have clear timeline (beside the BW - B2W2)...

Old March 17th, 2013, 01:39 PM
Sven

Nature: Relaxed
I have another question. I just finished the main story of Pokemon Ranger: Explorers of Darkness.
I loved it (tho I loved the red rescue team's end bit better), and I just noticed that Explorers of Sky has some stuff in it that Time and Darkness do not. So my question is, if someone who played both t/d and S, if it's worth getting Explorers of time, even after I finish the Darkness (including the post-game story. I would like to get it, but only if it includes a lot of extra stuff.

Also, is there any significant differences between Darkness and Time?
Thanks
Old March 17th, 2013, 07:36 PM
SchwarzRozen
Sugary Delight

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to SchwarzRozen
When it comes to Pokemon Battle Revolution, when importing your Pokemon from HGSS do things such as exclusive moves (egg/tutor) or event moves go in the game> I understand I had a problem in Plat when I tried to put in some of the Pokemon in their exclusive forms and what not.

Darkrai with Special Rend
Xatu with Signal Beam
Togepi with Extrasenory
for example
Old March 17th, 2013, 10:28 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSvenx View Post
I have another question. I just finished the main story of Pokemon Ranger: Explorers of Darkness.
I loved it (tho I loved the red rescue team's end bit better), and I just noticed that Explorers of Sky has some stuff in it that Time and Darkness do not. So my question is, if someone who played both t/d and S, if it's worth getting Explorers of time, even after I finish the Darkness (including the post-game story. I would like to get it, but only if it includes a lot of extra stuff.
Well... I strongly believe that Sky is the best of the MDs.
I mean... it has special episodes that give out more information about the characters...
I might spoil you but you will see what happens with Grovyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSvenx View Post
Also, is there any significant differences between Darkness and Time?
Thanks
Nope. Only some Pokemon differences.

Old March 18th, 2013, 01:48 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchwarzRozen View Post
When it comes to Pokemon Battle Revolution, when importing your Pokemon from HGSS do things such as exclusive moves (egg/tutor) or event moves go in the game> I understand I had a problem in Plat when I tried to put in some of the Pokemon in their exclusive forms and what not.

Darkrai with Special Rend
Xatu with Signal Beam
Togepi with Extrasenory
for example
I've had no problem with them.
Old March 20th, 2013, 04:44 AM
BessieDono
Unhatched Egg

hi. i've been wondering...
is it possible to trade/move pokemons from mystery dungeon games to main series games?
White2:1421 5714 2583

Next Friday ... call in to work. Get a babysitter. Bring your wife. For the Samurai With No Name is back ...

For A Few Nu¥en More!!
Old March 20th, 2013, 09:21 AM
Pokemanz
POKEMANZZZ

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by BessieDono View Post
hi. i've been wondering...
is it possible to trade/move pokemons from mystery dungeon games to main series games?
No, mystery dungeon games are not a part of the main series and there are no special events to trade any of them over to a certain version
Old March 20th, 2013, 01:52 PM
Syncai
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Quiet
Pokemon battle revolution Q.
I'm sorry if this is the wrong thread but I don't know where else to ask?

I have some hacked legendaries on pearl and am wondering if I will be able to use them on Pokemon Battle Revolution?
The stats/abilities/moves are not hacked, just their shininess and the location (necrene museum).
I'm not planning on using wi-fi battles with them.

Old March 20th, 2013, 09:30 PM
Jak
i'll let you have it

Nature: Timid
I think it will still let you use them, since I'm pretty sure it doesn't hack check. I remember people would use hacks in the wifi battles back when the game was popular, so yeah. You should be fine.

Into the room, I know you want it
Bang bang, all over you, I'll let you have it
Wait a minute, let me take you there
Old March 26th, 2013, 05:35 AM
hopelessangelic
Unhatched Egg

Hi i was wondering how to accept more than one mission request at once. i seem to only be able to accept one. help please!
Old March 26th, 2013, 06:14 AM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
I don't think you can accept more than one this time. I think for this game its one at a time only.
Old March 26th, 2013, 10:18 AM
hopelessangelic
Unhatched Egg

well thatsucks... Thanks though :-)
Old April 3rd, 2013, 11:20 AM
Konekodemon
The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via ICQ to Konekodemon Send a message via AIM to Konekodemon Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Konekodemon Send a message via Yahoo to Konekodemon Send a message via Skype™ to Konekodemon
I can't download any of the bonus content on Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity. I keep getting,"An error has ocurred. Please try again later." And it's not my net. My net when I checked is connected just fine. I don't get what the problem could be.

Please check out my InuYasha fanfiction and tell me what you think.
Sign up for Vizzard to play free Retro Games online: http://www.vizzed.com/boards/profile...1549&ref=61528
[/sig-reason]
Old April 4th, 2013, 12:19 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konekodemon View Post
I can't download any of the bonus content on Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity. I keep getting,"An error has ocurred. Please try again later." And it's not my net. My net when I checked is connected just fine. I don't get what the problem could be.
Do you have the money to buy them?
Maybe that's where the problem lies?

Old April 22nd, 2013, 10:25 AM
Nick-p
Unhatched Egg

i am having trouble trying to get through frosty forest in pokemon red rescue is there a wonder mail password if so can anyone please tell me thanks-nick
Old April 23rd, 2013, 08:04 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick-p View Post
i am having trouble trying to get through frosty forest in pokemon red rescue is there a wonder mail password if so can anyone please tell me thanks-nick
Just train in other dungeons...
Wonder Mail... you mean for completing the dungeon? Nope, I'm afraid VMs don't work that way.

Old April 30th, 2013, 12:23 AM
CliCliW
I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.

Nature: Bashful
Can someone explain how the friend rescuing system works in the PMD games? I'm playing Explorers of Darkness and only now I'm playing with the idea of rescuing/being rescued by others, but I don't actually know how it works.

So I faint in a dungeon, what then?

Deceased:

Old April 30th, 2013, 12:34 AM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by CliCliW View Post
Can someone explain how the friend rescuing system works in the PMD games? I'm playing Explorers of Darkness and only now I'm playing with the idea of rescuing/being rescued by others, but I don't actually know how it works.

So I faint in a dungeon, what then?
If you faint in a dungeon, you will have the option for someone to rescue you. This will involve the through code or wireless to enter the dungeon you were in and reach the floor you were at. If you don't have anyone to rescue you, you faint, lose money and items.
Old April 30th, 2013, 12:54 AM
CliCliW
I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.

Nature: Bashful
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaporeon7 View Post
If you faint in a dungeon, you will have the option for someone to rescue you. This will involve the through code or wireless to enter the dungeon you were in and reach the floor you were at. If you don't have anyone to rescue you, you faint, lose money and items.

Thanks for the reply!

If I have sent out a code, does that mean I effectively can't play the game again until I'm saved? and if I sent out my code, and someone has taken the job, they then send me back another code to say I've been saved which I input into my game?

Deceased:

Old May 6th, 2013, 08:37 PM
Archenoth
The arch foe

Nature: Lonely
Heyas all... I cannot seem to find any information about it on Serebii, Bulbapedia, Wikipedia, and various other forum threads... But has there been a confirmed VS mode for the new Pokemon Rumble game coming to the Wii U, or will it exclusively be co-op again?

I'm guessing the latter, hoping the former... Could someone possibly fill me in here? My Google-fu has failed me.
Old May 7th, 2013, 08:10 AM
LilJz
Zoeeyyyyy! ♥
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
So uhh.. I'm at Dialga in PMD: Explorer of Time and I keep dying and having to restart the whole bloody dungeon until I get to Dialga and to just die again numerous times.. Anyone got any tips on beating Dialga? >.<

I'm a Treecko with Slam, Quick Attack, Pursuit & Giga Drain. My teammate is Piplup with Growl, Whirlpool, Drill PEck & Hydro Pump.
We're both level 49, btw.
Old May 7th, 2013, 09:03 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilJz1234 View Post
So uhh.. I'm at Dialga in PMD: Explorer of Time and I keep dying and having to restart the whole bloody dungeon until I get to Dialga and to just die again numerous times.. Anyone got any tips on beating Dialga? >.<

I'm a Treecko with Slam, Quick Attack, Pursuit & Giga Drain. My teammate is Piplup with Growl, Whirlpool, Drill PEck & Hydro Pump.
We're both level 49, btw.
Giving any one of your Pokémon Fighting and/or Ground moves really helps. Violent Seeds and/or Sleep Seeds help too.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here