Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio
Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 1st, 2009, 05:52 AM
Tropical Sunlight
The Faltine

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tropical Sunlight

Advertise here
Great!
Poor man's still trying to get a tan
Old December 1st, 2009, 07:17 PM
Pokepal17
More cowbell~

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by H2O Turquoise View Post
Great!
Poor man's still trying to get a tan
Yeah but in beta 2, he'll be trying to get a tan until after the 3rd gym. :3 He seriously needs a hobby. XD

Updates

So basically, I added some new events to make you waste time to make the game more interesting. And I remapped some more places.

The Tour Guide

Yup, Infernal Legend now had a tour guide who shows you some of the basic geographical locations in a city and gives you a useless vital item to make you a good trainer.

The Zigzagoon Event

So basically, a Zigzagoon is going crazy and is blocking the way out of the route. After battling it, speak to the woman who alerts you about this for an item.

Bayleaf Harbour

So I remapped Bayleaf Harbour, giving it minor adjustments to make it suit the style the other maps have.

Victory Straight

So, I remapped this map (and the lake which will probably not look too different). :3
Pokémon Stardrop
Old December 2nd, 2009, 08:33 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~
This hack is great!
I love the pizza bit
I could make a userbar for you if you like?
There was nothing. Followed by everything. Swirling, burning specks of creation that circled life-giving suns. And then we reached to the light.

Old December 3rd, 2009, 02:17 PM
.com

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to .com
Updates are legit. That Zigzagoon event should be good placement in both our hacks.
Old December 4th, 2009, 07:33 AM
Jirachi-Fan
Beginning Trainer

For some reason, I can not patch that UPS file on a rom when I click Apply to an existing file, it ends up with Failed ._.
Do you know how to fix this? I'd like to play this one again x3
Old December 4th, 2009, 11:05 AM
VectorEdge
Heart Gold & Soul Silver FTW!

Nature: Jolly
Awesome, can't wait for beta 2!!
I'll definately be following this very closely!
Click the Picture for the full OST

Click the Picture for the full OST
Old December 4th, 2009, 03:13 PM
dm20

This is a really great hack... the only hack I've ever played but good first impressions and all that. Congrats.

But being a newbie I really need some help getting out of that ******* Crystal Cave and to the Glacier City. I don't really want to list what I've done so far there in fear of spoiling it for people yet to play the game, but I know I've missed something stupid so if anyone could PM me how to get out of there and into the next city I'd really appreciate it.

Also, where does the hack end? And can I still play my saved game when its updated/completed?

Again, very impressed with the hack. Bravo Sir/Madam!
Old December 4th, 2009, 07:21 PM
Pokepal17
More cowbell~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon League Champion View Post
This hack is great!
I love the pizza bit
I could make a userbar for you if you like?
I would love a userbar. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by .com View Post
Updates are legit. That Zigzagoon event should be good placement in both our hacks.
Yeah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jirachi-Fan View Post
For some reason, I can not patch that UPS file on a rom when I click Apply to an existing file, it ends up with Failed ._.
Do you know how to fix this? I'd like to play this one again x3
Bad rom, you need a better one which is clean. :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by VectorEdge View Post
Awesome, can't wait for beta 2!!
I'll definately be following this very closely!
Hopefully, beta 2 will be a Christmas present. :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dm20 View Post
This is a really great hack... the only hack I've ever played but good first impressions and all that. Congrats.

But being a newbie I really need some help getting out of that ******* Crystal Cave and to the Glacier City. I don't really want to list what I've done so far there in fear of spoiling it for people yet to play the game, but I know I've missed something stupid so if anyone could PM me how to get out of there and into the next city I'd really appreciate it.

Also, where does the hack end? And can I still play my saved game when its updated/completed?

Again, very impressed with the hack. Bravo Sir/Madam!
Thanks.

It's not that hard to get out of, so just keep trying. It's getting remapped anyway (meaning only the starter town isn't getting remapped). :3

I wouldn't recommend using the beta 1 .sav for beta 2 because of events I added and the map changing and stuff. However, it's purely your choice.
Pokémon Stardrop
Old December 5th, 2009, 04:56 AM
Jirachi-Fan
Beginning Trainer

I tried and it worked, thanks =]
Great hack ^^
This beta ends after the 2nd Gym right? (I've beaten Volten)
Old December 5th, 2009, 07:26 AM
zein
Jorge Ben Jor.

Nature: Relaxed
the hack is not bad but i dont like it much...but is fine.

srry for my bad english im spanish.
Old December 5th, 2009, 05:55 PM
Pokepal17
More cowbell~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jirachi-Fan View Post
I tried and it worked, thanks =]
Great hack
This beta ends after the 2nd Gym right? (I've beaten Volten)
Yep, but there's a quest and a minigame.

However, in beta 2, Volten wll be the 4th gym leader.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zein View Post
the hack is not bad but i dont like it much...but is fine.

srry for my bad english im spanish.
Your english isn't that bad. Well, hopefully, you'll like it next beta.

Right now, I'm working on the new cave tileset (D/P cave tiles, but hopfeully they won't be too different from the Fire Red style. )
Pokémon Stardrop
Old December 5th, 2009, 06:42 PM
Fire Blazer
Gomu Gomu no...

Send a message via AIM to Fire Blazer Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Fire Blazer
Hey, nice hack. It looks promising. I'd like to play it when it's done--great job so far.

I would like to point out one thing though. You're using tsukiyomi, an older, not-so-good UPS patcher. Well, there is something better, made by a long time friend of mine, Nintenlord. It's called NUPS. It also uses the UPS format, but it's more efficient, easier to use, less problematic, etc., and while it may not be a big deal which one you use, I definitely recommend that you update the included patcher to NUPS.

NUPS can be found on most any Fire Emblem forum but otherwise simply go to... well I don't have 15 posts to give a link, but google something like "fire emblem NUPS Nintenlord" to obtain it.

I wonder if others are also using Tsukiyomi still... hmm.

Also, it'd be great if there was a README with the download, but it's not a big deal either. I'm just being a little picky... Don't mind me too much. :\

Still, the hack looks promising. Keep it up, it'd be great to have a new 100% complete Pokemon hack to play.
Old December 6th, 2009, 10:28 AM
JohnJackson
Beginning Trainer

But all maps are very simple, try do something most
complexed, with new tiles and etc.

Awesome, man~
Old December 6th, 2009, 02:03 PM
waylin20
Beginning Trainer

it wont let me open the file.
Old December 6th, 2009, 07:01 PM
nixsham
Beginning Trainer

sory to ask after i talk to prof oak he said go to the power plant...but i didn't know where it is...and one more how to give the guard the beer because he said he thirsty that's all reall my my friends i can wait for the final because it so exited for me to play..thank you
Old December 7th, 2009, 03:49 PM
Pokepal17
More cowbell~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Blazer View Post
Hey, nice hack. It looks promising. I'd like to play it when it's done--great job so far.

I would like to point out one thing though. You're using tsukiyomi, an older, not-so-good UPS patcher. Well, there is something better, made by a long time friend of mine, Nintenlord. It's called NUPS. It also uses the UPS format, but it's more efficient, easier to use, less problematic, etc., and while it may not be a big deal which one you use, I definitely recommend that you update the included patcher to NUPS.

NUPS can be found on most any Fire Emblem forum but otherwise simply go to... well I don't have 15 posts to give a link, but google something like "fire emblem NUPS Nintenlord" to obtain it.

I wonder if others are also using Tsukiyomi still... hmm.

Also, it'd be great if there was a README with the download, but it's not a big deal either. I'm just being a little picky... Don't mind me too much. :\

Still, the hack looks promising. Keep it up, it'd be great to have a new 100% complete Pokemon hack to play.
Thanks, I'll do that. :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnJackson View Post
It's a great hack.
But all maps are very simple, try do something most
complexed, with new tiles and etc.

Awesome, man~
How should I make the complex? Should I make them tighter and harder to traverse through? Should they be less square? Because that's natural mapping you want, and I don't do that so play another hack. Also, I have chnaged tiles if you cared to look, maybe no the style of tiles, but I have changed tiles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waylin20 View Post
it wont let me open the file.
That's very descriptive of your problem. But really, tell me all the info not, a general statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nixsham View Post
sory to ask after i talk to prof oak he said go to the power plant...but i didn't know where it is...and one more how to give the guard the beer because he said he thirsty that's all reall my my friends i can wait for the final because it so exited for me to play..thank you
The event wasn't put into beta 1, but will be in beta 2, so no worries. :3
Pokémon Stardrop
Old December 8th, 2009, 02:49 AM
Sarcastic Prince
Starting anew...

Nature: Timid
Hmm... I like the way that you're adding more optional events,
because they're actually quite fun for me.

But there's one suggestion though.
And they're called: OWs.

You can ask a person called Nikanorou for them.
I'm sure he'll do it for you. (Seeing that this Hack is in Hacks Showcase.)
I am now an anime dubber, cover singer and a fan of anime. I can still apply as a translator and grammar corrector, though.
Old December 10th, 2009, 08:58 AM
tony1215
Beginning Trainer

I beat the gym leader in voltaic city and professer oak tells me to go to the power plant and i cant find out how to get there? plz plz help
Old December 10th, 2009, 09:21 AM
Tropical Sunlight
The Faltine

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tropical Sunlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony1215 View Post
I beat the gym leader in voltaic city and professer oak tells me to go to the power plant and i cant find out how to get there? plz plz help
It's the end of the beta.
Old December 11th, 2009, 08:35 PM
Pokepal17
More cowbell~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic Prince View Post
Hmm... I like the way that you're adding more optional events,
because they're actually quite fun for me.

But there's one suggestion though.
And they're called: OWs.

You can ask a person called Nikanorou for them.
I'm sure he'll do it for you. (Seeing that this Hack is in Hacks Showcase.)
There will be more optional events when I get to Pokétron City.

As for OWs, I'm not really focusing on them too much, however they're in my to-do list (as sprites). Thanks for the advice but I have a spriter doing stuff for me already and I have mmy own contacts. Also, I'm capable of spriting things myself, which I will do when I have the motivation to. :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony1215 View Post
What H20 Turquoise said.

So, I've remapped Crystal Cave and it seems like it has more areas now, and it has nicer tiles. I'll post the screenshots tomorrow. :3
Pokémon Stardrop
Old December 12th, 2009, 09:30 AM
Pokepal17
More cowbell~

Updates

I'm posting screenshots of the newly remapped Crystal Cave and Crystal Meadow. Crystal Cave has had a major tiles change and I'm now using Kyledove's overused beautiful D/P cave interior tiles. Also, I re-did that crappy Team Rocket event in Crystal Cave into something a little more interesting. :3

Crystal Meadow

The events are pretty much still the same, the map just has a new image. This time a rock won't be blocking the cave, there'll be a blocking event, which will be familiar from an official Nintendo game.

Crystal Cave

So this will be the tileset used for all caves except ice ones. The minigame is still there and uses pretty much similar tiles to what it used last time. If you get lost in this cave then the map has met it's objective. :3

My 1111 post. (:

EDIT: I noticed the typo in one of the screens and I've fixed it. :3
Pokémon Stardrop

Last edited by Pokepal17; December 12th, 2009 at 03:33 PM.
Old December 12th, 2009, 03:28 PM
DemonParia
Gangsterfresh Swagmaster

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to DemonParia
The cave is so completely and utterly fantabulous, that when I see it, tears well up in my eyes and I have an insane urge to use Rock Smash.

Oh, and the cave tiles are good, too.
Old December 12th, 2009, 04:25 PM
dreaken
Beginning Trainer

Love this hack, seems good so far, and beta 2 looks even better.
Only disappointment is your replacing totodile with squirtle, one question though: do you plan on making ALL the starters obtainable eventually, or just the hoenn/johto ones?
Old December 12th, 2009, 09:50 PM
Pokepal17
More cowbell~

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonParia View Post
The cave is so completely and utterly fantabulous, that when I see it, tears well up in my eyes and I have an insane urge to use Rock Smash.

Oh, and the cave tiles are good, too.
Once obtained, Rock Smash will make the cave easier to traverse. :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreaken View Post
Love this hack, seems good so far, and beta 2 looks even better.
Only disappointment is your replacing totodile with squirtle, one question though: do you plan on making ALL the starters obtainable eventually, or just the hoenn/johto ones?
All 386 Pokémon will be obtainable, so don't worry. Totodile will probably be very, very rare in the fishing contest with a super rod.
Pokémon Stardrop
Old December 13th, 2009, 12:59 AM
Sarcastic Prince
Starting anew...

Nature: Timid
Pretty great, to be honest. I like the newly inserted D/P/P Cave Tiles.
Looks extremely nice.

Good luck.
I am now an anime dubber, cover singer and a fan of anime. I can still apply as a translator and grammar corrector, though.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here