The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Progressing Games

Notices

Progressing Games All game threads go in this forum. Come and check out the games in development, or make a thread for your own. Constructive criticism is welcome!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old October 24th, 2009, 03:16 PM
Pokemon Team Mars' Revenge
I LIEK ESPLOSHINS!

Nature: Hasty
REMEMBER, THIS IS NOT A HACK!!! ALL COMMENTS SAYING "nice hack" OR "what hack is it?" WILL BE MARKED AS SPAM!
TOOLS USED: RPG MAKER XP, POKEMON STARTER PACK
POKEMON STONE
GREY
STORYLINE:
1,000,000,000 YEARS EARLIER...
A legendary battle was underway. 2 Pokemon, Darkius and Lightusus were rampaging destroying each other and everything in sight. Then another legendary pokemon came and stopped the fighting. It's name was Dous.
(pronounced DO-US) It came and calmed them down and they all went into a deep, deep sleep....... But soon to be awakened...

1,000,000,00 YEARS LATER...
You walk outside and take a deep breath. It's time to get your Pokemon.
You go to the lab. PROF. MOSS is there. He offers you A, aquee, B, flamespout, and C, razee. Meanwhile, TEAM GALACTIC is off planning more trouble, but this time with darkus and lightus. They build a ultra master ball to capture Darkius and Lightusus(because masterballs can't catch em'.

Wanna help?
Got to the thread in team discussions.

Last edited by Pokemon Team Mars' Revenge; October 25th, 2009 at 05:33 AM. Reason: Editing
Old October 24th, 2009, 04:28 PM
Chesu
Boss Carrot

Nature: Relaxed
Is that one billion years and you missed the last zero, or one hundred million and you misplaced the commas? The names Darkus and Lightus are a little too obvious, but if you change them you'll have a solid base to build your story on! If you're looking for team members, you should post here.

Updated 11/07/10.
Old October 24th, 2009, 07:30 PM
Death Strike
a.k.a Minions123

Nature: Docile
I like the idea of how you are using fakemon, I like the story so far, but could you add some more of the plot to make it more interesting, also, why is it called Stone Grey?
Old October 24th, 2009, 07:44 PM
.Missingno
Viridian City Gym Leader

I Like How The Plot Is Coming Together The Name has Me A little confused if the Fakemon come out good i give you major props

Old October 25th, 2009, 05:09 AM
Gale
Beginning Trainer

In "1,000,000,00", you need to rearrange the commas. The correct punctuation would be "100,000,000" or "100 000 000".

You don't need to establish that this is not a hack if you're posting it in the game development section, we have another section for hacks.

The names "Darkus" and "Lightus" are, as has already been stated, a bit too obvious - and not terribly original. Try being a little more subtle and creative.

The story of your legendary pokémon sounds exactly like the story of Kyogre, Groudon and Rayquaza. Again, try to be a little more original.

What exactly is a "yectocomplaflaticziptomizerblaster"? It sounds like you just pulled all those prefixes out of a hat, rather than choosing ones which actually make logical sense. It's very difficult to pronounce and it's too long. Something more simple would suffice.

By the way, a little more information would be nice - for example, more detail on your story (though I have a terrible feeling that it's going to be exactly like the story of the official games, and/or that you're making it up as you go along), as well as on the unique features that you plan to incorporate into your game.
Old October 25th, 2009, 09:46 AM
Lucerine
Nobody

Try these legendary Fakemon names: Hikara, and Kuraia. They're Light and Dark in japanese. Other than that, good job!
Old October 28th, 2009, 12:10 PM
Pokemon Team Mars' Revenge
I LIEK ESPLOSHINS!

Nature: Hasty
ಠ_ಠthis is edward, the rival.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old October 28th, 2009, 12:28 PM
Ray Maverick
life without liberty; body without spirit
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to Ray Maverick
I think you really need to add something to the storyline. Think about it.
And the legendary battle bit sounds cliche..
Keep up though.

"I'm surrounded by capable Pokemon who don't need me in battle. If they get themselves bloodied, and I am clean by the end of the battle, how long before they start questioning my bravery?"
- Garland Fordring, leader of the Exathian Gold Tribe

Old November 1st, 2009, 09:02 AM
chimcharsfireworks
Lennetto Region Champion

Can i make a suggestion?

You might want to change Dous's name or pronounciation. It sounds like "do us".
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links