The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Emulation & ROM Hacking

Notices

Emulation & ROM Hacking The center for the community emulation scene. Come and discuss all things emulation and develop your own hacks!

Closed Thread

Old October 25th, 2009, 09:16 PM
shubshub
Master of The Y

Nature: Quiet
Ok This One Is Gonna Be Good

Hack Of -
Spoiler:
Leaf Green

This Is My Very First Leaf Green Hack

No This Is Not A Crystal Remake

Storyline

Spoiler:
You Are A 13 Year Old Boy Who Lives In Frost Island After Moving Out Of The (Name The Region You Came From) Region While Playing With Your Pokemon You Hear On The News A Special Report The Power Crystals Of The Crystal Islands Have Been Stolen But The Scanners Still Say That The Thieves Are Still On The Islands Please Someone Help Us Just Then Your Pokemon Runs Off And You Have No Idea Where It Went So You Just Sit Down And Wait For It To Come Back The Next Morning Professor Frost Calls And Says That He Found Your Pokemon In The Grass Outside His Lab Except He Can Not Remember Which One It Was He Has 2 Of Them In His Lab He Now Has 3 Including Your Pokemon He Wants You To Come Over And See Him To Get Your Pokemon Back So You Choose From Onyx Pikachu Or Marill You Also Have A Rival Named Gemstone Who is Helping Steal The Crystals (Rival Not Seen In Lab) You Must Use Your Pokemon To Defeat Trainers And Obtain Experience And Defeat The Thieves (Located In The Gyms) To Get The Crystals Back And Also A Gym Badge Which They Drop When They Get Knocked Out So Off You Go To Save The Islands You Also Get To Compete In The Elite 4

Features
Spoiler:
New Gym Leaders
New Elite 4
New Rival
New Starters
New Region (Crystal Islands And The Gemstone Islands)
New Evil Team (Needs Name)
More Features Coming Soon

Can Someone Please Help Me Get A Name For The Evil Team

Also I Would Like To Start A Team

Just Post Something Saying That You Want To Apply For [Insert Job Here]

Choose To Apply For

Mapper - Open
Scripter - Open
Sprite Maker - Open
Pokemon Designer - Open
Title Screen Hacker - Open
World Map Maker - Taken (By Me Shubshub)

Best Regards
Shubshub
Old October 26th, 2009, 06:05 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori

Nature: Calm
DE : Don't quote first post

Okay about this hack... what to say...
Well is it another of your tries? Or this is really "Gonna Be Good?" otherwise... do ya start even work on it?
Old October 26th, 2009, 06:56 AM
Perri Lightfoot
Proud to hack Ruby Version!

Nature: Modest
This is the third hack you've started in...how many days? shubshub, if you do not learn patience and how to accept constructive criticism (rather than seeming to ignore it all and simply starting brand new hacks), I do not think there is any hope for your hacks to go very far. If you have faith in your idea, stick with it and see it through! Persistence is never a guarantee for winning a coveted spot in the Hacks Showcase, but if you stick with your project, learn the needed skills, and work on making it the best darn game you can make it...you'll go so much farther than if you simply bounce around from project to project as soon as you get comments that aren't fully (or at all) positive.

But for now, let's focus on what you have here. Your story...I have to admit, it wasn't the easiest thing to read. I understand that not everyone is a native speaker of English; and that even people who are native speakers don't always understand this language's grammar rules, but capitalizing the first letter of every word in your paragraph was distracting, and I found it hard to focus on what you were telling us about the game. You might think no one would care about a little thing like that - but presentation goes a long way in getting people to bother to read your thread after they click on it.

Now, to focus on the story's plot rather than its syntax...I like the idea of the player character having a Pokemon already, and that it simply runs away from you and is caught by the professor. An interesting little twist that adds some character An Onix as one of the choices seems a bit out of left field, though - Onix is a rather huge creature; unlike a Pikachu or a Marill that could easily be lost if it were to dart into a field or forest. You may want to pick a Pokemon on a similar size level as the other two for the sake of believability A Skitty, perhaps, or a Natu or a Smoochum or a Geodude? As for the Power Crystals...it sounds like it could be interesting. I wonder what sort of function they'd have that would make them so desierable to an evil team, and to your mysterious Rival? I also wonder why it's so important that you pick up a dropped Gym Badge, though...I guess we'll have to wait and see...

Of course, under the window dressing it seems like the same old story Nintendo's been giving us for over a decade now, but a lot of other hackers do the same thing...and if it ain't broke, there's not much need to fix it. ' Just don't over-rely on the scripts that are already there in the game to facilitate your storyline - expand from there to at least make it a new game play experience, even if the story is one we've all heard before at its bare bones.

Hmm...your features listed so far are the same as those held by most any other ROM hack (new starters, new region, new gym leaders, and so on) so I can't comment too much ' When I know more about your ROM's particular game play quirks, I'll have more to comment on...but it seems like you have a rough plan in mind, and that's certainly a wonderful start

Also...while there's nothing wrong in wanting to assemble a team together to help make your hack - people are not likely to want to join if you don't provide any evidence that you'd make a good leader for a ROM hack team and display no skills of your own in your thread. People who beg for scripters (as you are doing) are especially doomed to fail - any scripter with any sort of knowledge and talent is not liable to sign on to help with a rather generic hack that displays no promise or evidence of the main creator's skills (I know I wouldn't, and I'm doubtful that many other people would, either). You are much better off practicing how to script yourself - not only can you get the results you want with your hack right when you want them and exactly how you want them (barring any bugs or errors you may have made - but it's easy to backtrack and fix them when it's your own work), but you'll be learning skills that might make you yourself a valuable asset to a team one day. It seems like every conceivable skill that would be needed for a good hack - not just a scripter, but a mapper, a spriter, and so on - you're asking other people to do these things for you. Like I said above, there's no shame in asking for help (even the people who win Hack of the Week/Month/Year have times when they need help ), but you need to make it clear when you try to assemble a team that you, too, are a capable worker and not just a kid who dreamed up an idea that you want other people to make for you. Don't just assume it's implied - you'd be surprised '
Old October 26th, 2009, 08:50 AM
pokemntrainer
Beginning Trainer

sounds like a great hack except idk bout tha starters...how about
Eevee, Mareep, and Poliwag

theyre my fav pokemon but for an onix to run away and u not kno where it went? u must b blind XD anyways, good luck
Old October 28th, 2009, 09:30 PM
shubshub
Master of The Y

Hack Is About To Start In The Making Get Ready
Old October 29th, 2009, 04:55 AM
Crimson Stardust
Anime Addiction

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via AIM to Crimson Stardust Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Crimson Stardust
Owh really??i will only be sure if you can produce screniees..my opinion of you is very low..i don't know if you can pull this off..

Old November 4th, 2009, 01:53 PM
mahamaniac3
Owner of Pokemon Jett Version

I can help you map if you want me to. See picture below for experience. (The picture is Route 1 Modified)

Good luck with the hack by the way!

I thought of a few Evil Team Names:
1. Team Gemstone
2. Team Jet
3. Shadow Force
4. Team Dimension
5. Team Darkness

Let me know what you think.

My Website: http://www.mahamaniac3productions.moonfruit.com/

Last edited by mahamaniac3; November 4th, 2009 at 01:57 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old January 25th, 2010, 02:21 PM
shubshub
Master of The Y

Im Remaking This Entire Game
Into
POKEMON ZIRCONIA VERSION

Features
105 New Pokemon
New Pokedex Upgrade
Possible Import Compattibility
Very Unlikely DS Import Compattibility
And More

When I Said DS Import Compattibility
I Meant That
If You Have My New Pokedex Upgrade You Can Import Sinnoh Pokemon Into It But
Thats A Very Unlikely Thing to happen

Storyline - Still Thinking of one

Screenies
None Yet Will be Soon

Videos
Will Be None
Old January 25th, 2010, 05:17 PM
Deokishisu
Mr. Magius

My goodness, stick to one project and don't promise what you can't deliver. If you don't know what you're doing, make a few practice hacks and, for all of our sakes, DON'T EVEN MENTION THEM. Producing garbage after garbage and never learning isn't the way to make a hack, it's the way to get laughed at.
Old January 25th, 2010, 05:20 PM
shubshub
Master of The Y

Well Ive Been Practising
So Just Leave me Alone
Old January 25th, 2010, 10:10 PM
chrunch

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to chrunch
STICK TO ONE HACK!
You're not gonna get anywhere if you make a new hack each time your hack isn't "loved".
Even If you've been practicing.
Old January 26th, 2010, 06:05 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by shubshub View Post
Im Remaking This Entire Game
Into
POKEMON ZIRCONIA VERSION
Yeah like this is gonna happen -.-
It'll just be another of your fails...
Sorry to sound harsh but you need to know it... until you'll show us something you won't be taken as good hacker...
Old January 26th, 2010, 04:14 PM
Deokishisu
Mr. Magius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
until you'll show us something you won't be taken as good hacker...
*cough*Ifyoucanevenbecalledahacker*cough*
^I should probably get that taken care of.

Seriously, either you're some 10 year old who wants some attention and hasn't done anything but made this all up, or you're a "hacker" who doesn't know what he's talking about, what to do, or how to do it.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links