Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks
Reload this Page FireRed hack: Shuckle Version: Demo V1.2

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Old April 16th, 2015 (09:59 PM). Edited 2 Weeks Ago by mariomaniac432.
Shuckle Master

Nature: Timid
Introduction:

I know what you're thinking. Shuckle Version? Why would anyone make a hack based on Shuckle? Better question, Wynaut? Wobbuffet, that's why!

Spoiler:

Just look at it. Its face says it all: "I could destroy you with ease, but you're not worth my time. Thus I frown upon thee."

Okay, time to get serious about this. Well, sort of serious. Shuckle is my favorite Pokemon, and it doesn't get enough love. But let's be honest, it sucks. It's amazing Defense and Special Defense are almost worthless thanks to its meager HP. Not to mention that it's slower than molasses on a cold, Alaskan Tuesday, and getting attacked by it is like being taken off guard by a very, very small gust of wind. But I'm here to redeem Shuckle, and give it the glory it deserves!

Concept:

There are two main ideas behind Shuckle Version that lead to it's development. The first is that I (obviously) love Shuckle. The second is that Pokemon evolve, most of them at least. When they evolve, the change is often drastic, and takes seconds to complete. But what if Pokemon evolution worked more like the theory of evolution in the real world? That is what Shuckle Version is all about. Shuckle Version takes place on a small island region known as Shuckle Island. Shuckle Island gets it's name for two reasons. The first is that only one species of Pokemon has ever existed on Shuckle Island, which is of course Shuckle. The second is that the island itself is shaped like a Shuckle. Due to Shuckle Island's isolation from the rest of the Pokemon World, over time the Shuckles began to gradually change to adapt to their various environments. As a result, the original Shuckle no longer exist on Shuckle Island, all having become several entirely new species of Shuckle. There are now over 50 different Shuckle species on Shuckle Island. Some of them have changed little, appearance-wise, from the original Shuckle, and some of them have changed drastically. Some of then are even species that began on a similar evolutionary path, but then branched off into different ones. Some of them are serious in design, but some of them are just so farcical (see what I did there?) that you'll question why you're playing such a ridiculous game. But that's half the fun, because Shuckle Version is 50% serious (the story), and 50% nonsense (everything else, but mainly my sprites). And they're all waiting for you to catch them!

Story:

You live with your mother in the quiet town on a peninsula, Outset Town. Green is now a Pokemon Professor, and has set up his Lab in Outset Town so that hey can study the unique Shuckle and their evolutionary process. Professor Oak is visiting from Kanto to help him create the Shuckle Dex to help gather information on the Shuckle, and they're nearing completion. One day you find a rare species of Shuckle called Midckle, a Shuckle that is seemingly in the middle of it's evolution from a Shuckle into another species. Suddenly, you find yourself on an adventure, traveling Shuckle Island, and competing in the Shuckle Island Tour, Shuckle Island's version of the Pokemon League. But despite having been broken up by Red years ago, Team Rocket appears to be back, and up to no good as usual. Can you become the strongest trainer on Shuckle Island, discover the secrets of Shuckle's mysterious evolutions, and put a stop to Team Rocket's plans?

Features:
  • Over 50 different Shuckle species to capture
  • Moves and abilities from 4th, 5th, and 6th Gen
  • Decapitalization
  • Run indoors (running shoes also enabled from the start)
  • Infinite use TMs
  • No HMs! (Okay, they're still there, but since TMs are reusable now, and deletable, I made them all TMs)
  • Fairy-Type!
  • Eggs hatch at Lv 1
  • 4th Gen Phsyical/Special/Status Split
  • Higher level of difficulty
Screenshots:

Meet the Shuckle!

This spoiler contains all the Shuckle sprites in the current Shuckle Dex order, as well as their names and type combinations. Names, sprites, and Dex order are still subject to change, but most are final. Some names and sprites may vary from the Demo versions 1.2 and older.

Spoiler:

From left to right:
01 - Midckle: Bug/Rock
02 - Shuclaw: Normal
03 - Shuckwing: Flying
04 - Wormckle: Bug
05 - Shuckleaf: Grass
06 - Shuckember: Fire
07 - Shuckfin: Water
08 - Shuckhole: Ground
09 - Shuckrate: Fighting
10 - Steelckle: Steel
11 - Toxickle: Poison
12 - Shuckevil: Dark
13 - Spookle: Ghost
14 - Shockle: Electric
15 - Rockle: Rock
16 - Psyckle: Psychic
17 - Ishickle: Ice
18 - Shuckairy: Fairy
19 - Shuckemoth: Dragon
20 - Shugill: Bug/Water
21 - Shuckglow: Grass/Electric
22 - Shupyro: Psychic/Fire
23 - Rustle: Steel/Ghost
24 - Shuckay: Grass/Ghost (not pictured, only front sprite is done)
25 - Steamckle: Water/Fire (not pictured, only front sprite is done)
26 - Parasickle: Electric/Ice (not pictured, only front sprite is done)
27 - Unnamed*: Steel/Dragon (not pictured, only front sprite is done)
28 - Shuclub: Fighting/Ground
29 - Unnamed*: Fairy/Ground
30 - Cubickle: Psychic/Ice (not pictured, only front sprite is done)
31 - Shufang: Bug/Normal
32 - Shucill: Normal/Poison
33 - Shuckgoyle: Rock/Flying (not pictured, only front sprite is done)
34 - Shuckgolem: Rock/Dragon
35 - Shuckhero: Dark/Fairy
36 - Shuckdemon: (not pictured, only front sprite is done)
37 - Farcickle: Flying/Fighting
38 - Shucloud: Flying/Electric
39 - Philosockle: Fairy/Psychic
40 - Unnamed*: Electric/Dark (not pictured, sprite not started)
41- Unnamed*: Fire/Dragon
42 - Fistckle: Rock/Fighting
43 - Unnamed*: Bug/Dark
44 - Shutrosity: Bug/Dragon
45 - Unnamed*: Fairy/Flying
46 - Shuckduo: Psychic/Poison
47 - Voodckle: Normal/Ghost
48 - Unnamed*: Normal/Ground (not pictured, sprite not started)
49 - Shuflower: Grass/Water
50 - Unnamed*: Fire/Steel (not pictured, sprite not started)
51 - Revengckle: Fighting/Ghost (not pictured, sprite not started)
52 - Unnamed*: Ice/Ground (not pictured, sprite not started)
53 - Shucactus: Grass/Rock
54 - Unnamed*: Water/Steel (not pictured, sprite not started)
55 - Unnamed*: Poison/Ice (not pictured, sprite not started)
56 - You should already know what this one is...

* Sorry, but I'm not taking name suggestions. I like to think that my inability to come up with good names for stuff adds to my hack's "charm".

Notes:

I'll get this out of the way right now, I'm not the most creative person in the world. Spriting? Not my thing. Story-boarding? Not my strong suit, either. I'd rather just write the scripts for a hack than do everything, but here I am, giving it a shot. This is just a Demo. It only goes up through the 3rd town, and only 6 Pokemon (including your starter) are catchable. The first real version to be released will require you to restart your game, as many Pokemon may receive updates to base stats, base EXP, move pools, abilities, etc. There are also still many parts of the original ROM that have not been changed, such as the title screen, introduction, signs, some NPCs, etc., as they were not needed to make the demo payable.

Downloads:

Shuckle Version: Demo V1.2
Apply patch to an English FireRed V1.0 ROM
Shuckle Version: Demo V2.0* Coming on/before May 31
*Due to changes in Base Stats, Base EXP, names, etc., V2.0 is not 100% compatible with any previous versions. Please restart your game after applying the patch.

Bugs/Errors:
  • HM Logo appears behind TM number (this is a result of making the quantity not appear, will likely never be fixed)
  • What hatching an egg, palettes are incorrect. I'm not sure what caused this, perhaps I accidentally overwrote the Egg palette?
  • At some point during testing, TM 49 (Rock Smash) disappeared from my bag. If this happens to you, please let me know
FAQs/Help:

Dash is too powerful, especially his Shufang! Is there an easy way to beat him without grinding?
Spoiler:
Catch a Shuclaw with Scrappy to easily defeat Spookle. On Route 2, there is a 1% chance of finding a wild Shuckairy, the Fairy-Type Shuckle. Shuckairy resists all of Shufang's offensive attacks. In testing I was able to beat Dash with a Lv 13 Shucloud, Shuclaw (non-Scrappy), and Midcke. Given that this was possible, I see little need to nerf Dash any more than I already have (he was much more powerful before I did any test battles against him), aside from the possible removal of Super Fang.

Credits/Tools Used:

MrDollSteak: MrDollSteak's Decap and Attack Rombase 1.5a
karatekid552: Gen 3 ROM Hacking Suite, removing badge checks on the Menu for HMs
Kurapika: Gen 3 Tools 2.9.1
link12552: NSE 2.1
HackMew: XSE
LosksmithArmy: Complete Multi-Choice Box Editor
Jambo51: Eggs hatch at Lv 1
Shiny Quagsire: Removing flag-check for Running Shoes
GoGoJJTech: Making TMs resuable
LCCoolJ95: Removing quantity from TMs
LU-HO: Advance-Map 1.92
HxD: All Hex editing done in this program
Microsoft Paint: All custom sprites made here, by me

Give Shuckle to the glory it deserves!
Old April 17th, 2015 (04:40 AM).
Silver Tier

So are the only Pokemon you can get the variants of Shuckle? If so, aren't 30 fakemon too few for a full game? I imagine it would get repetitive just seeing 30 variations of one pokemon for an entire game. It's a creative idea, but I don't know how well it would translate to a hack.
Old April 17th, 2015 (12:44 PM).
now in VELVET VENIPEDE flavor

Nature: Quirky
Quote originally posted by chrunch:
So are the only Pokemon you can get the variants of Shuckle? If so, aren't 30 fakemon too few for a full game? I imagine it would get repetitive just seeing 30 variations of one pokemon for an entire game. It's a creative idea, but I don't know how well it would translate to a hack.
He said over 30.

Anyway, the concept is great! But I'll have to test out the demo for myself soon. I'll let you know what I think after.

Old April 17th, 2015 (01:37 PM).
Shuckle Master

Quote originally posted by chrunch:
The actual total is 38. I'm attempting to justify this way: In Red and Blue, there were 151 Pokemon. That's over four times the amount in my hack. But is encountering Golbat later in the game really all that different from encountering Zubat early in the game? Not really, it's still just a Zubat when you get right down to it, just powered up and it gives more EXP. If we only count the number of different evolutionary lines, we're left with around 80. This is now just over twice the amount as in this hack, as opposed to over four times as many. And on top of that, many of these lines are encountered over and over and over as it is, either in random encounters or trainer battles, such as Oddish, Pidgey, Zubat, and Ekans, and some are never seen at all. I also don't (currently) have as many planned locations for this hack as other hacks might have, and I'm going to try my best to keep a decent amount of variation between each location (i.e. the wild Pokemon that appear in this Demo won't be on every Route for the next 5 Routes like in all the original Pokemon games). Lastly, the finished hack will probably be a little shorter than FireRed's full story, to compensate for the lack of Pokemon. I may add more if I deem it necessary, but I don't plan to. I'm all Shuckled out after making so many Shuckle sprites, anyway.
Old April 17th, 2015 (06:08 PM).

Hmmm. One word.

Awesome!!!

Love it.

Me and GrayHatred's thread for a game idea:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=8713932#post8713932
Old April 17th, 2015 (09:54 PM).
Silver Tier

So I had some time to play through your demo. Found a couple of bugs (and some other things):

Spoiler:

Most signs appear to be unedited.

Description for the pokeball also unedited.

Same thing for Shuclaw (Not sure if this is the case for other species; I only caught a few of them).

Should be "they never truly disbanded".

Probably not a bug but it would be nice to see custom icons for different Species. Most of them wouldn't be too hard to do, just a recolor.

Tile permissions here are incorrect.

Text goes off the screen.

Same here.

Minor typo, should be "not".

This thing is really strong! Even after grinding a bit, I eventually had to resort to save scumming to beat it.

Some feedback:
  • Your mapping leaves much to be desired. A lot of it is just empty fields, you should make more use of decorations like bushes, fences, etc. Use some trees in the empty spaces so it feels like there's more of a "structure" to the towns.
  • The tour guide's Shufang is very strong for that point in the game. Bug bite absolutely destroyed my lvl 16 Midckle, and it's made even worse by the low money you have for medicine and the fact that the only spot to grind has lvl 4-5 pokemon. If you don't want to make the tour guide weaker at least make it easier to prepare. Perhaps in the next version, you could make it possible to go to the next route before beating the gym so you can battle some more trainers?
  • Outside of the starter town, there aren't any NPCs walking around in towns. A few of these would be nice to make the world feel more alive.
  • I like the Shuckles but I feel like when you've already encountered 14 by the first tour guide, you're going to run out of new ones quickly. I think there should be a more even spread (or more of them :P), so that even late in the game you can find new ones and it won't get stale so quickly.

Other than that, I had fun and it's a very novel concept. The sprites aren't amazing but they're serviceable. If you can iron out some of the issues I pointed out, it could be even better. I look forward to more!
Old April 18th, 2015 (02:39 PM). Edited 4 Weeks Ago by mariomaniac432.
Shuckle Master

Thanks for the input and finding errors!

I had most of the errors corrected on earlier versions I made before the demo, but must have forgotten to edit my uncompiled scripts before making the demo. It looks like I just forgot to save Shuclaw's dex entry and the Poke Bal key item description because I remeber making them. Since this was just intended to be a demo, I left out a lot of things like almost all the sign scripts and NPCs. They will all be implemented in the first non-demo, however. As for icons, I just made them all the same for now. For most of the early Shuckle, a simply recolor like you said will suffice, but for some later ones it will be a bit more complicated than that.

I thought Dash might be too strong, but I needed more input to be certain. Before releasing the demo, I battled him with a team consisting on Shucloud, Shuclaw, and Midckle, all Lv 13, and got crushed. But after I lowered the level of each of his Pokemon by one I was able to win without any further grinding, so I thought he might be OK where he was. Though it probably would have been doable the first time if I had a Scrappy Shuclaw instead of Tough Claws. The next area will almost definitely have some Pokemon to grind against before hand though. I'm also considering increasing the base EXP yield of some Pokemon to make up for the lack of evolutions that would yield more later in the game, and make grinding less of a chore. Base stats aren't final yet either, Shufang has an above average attack stat and Strong Jaw (which actually doesn't affect Bug Bite though, but I'll change that later I looked it up in my hex editor and it does affect it, I assumed it didn't because it doesn't affect it in the real games) to make up for it's lack of STAB moves that fit it's theme of biting attacks, but I may have to lower it. Others like Shuclaw and Shucloud I've decided need a small buff since I want everything to be viable throughout the whole game, and while Shuclaw seems powerful early, I don't think he'll be able to keep up later. I'll probably just remove it from his team though, and give him something else.

Spriting and mapping are definitely my two weakest areas, though my mapping has actually improved, believe it or not.I was quite proud with how Route 1 turned out, especially compared to how my older maps from years ago look. As for spriting, I actually first had this idea almost 4 years ago, and made about 20 or so sprites back then (I never did anything with this hack beyond making those sprites because I no longer had time). A few of them I already have plans to change because I've had better ideas, but basic splicing is all I'm capable of on my own, thus far at least. Out of the ones that appear in the demo, these include Wormckle and Shucloud for certain. Most of my more "creative" sprites don't appear in the demo, however.

Edit: I've updated the download link with Demo V1.1. All the errors found by chrunch have been corrected.

Old 4 Weeks Ago (10:24 PM).
Pokémon Rose Creator
Silver Tier

Nature: Modest
This is a really cute idea. I like it. I'll have to play the demo when I get a chance.

I really hope there's something like a ~Legendary Shuckle~ to find in this hack =]
Old 4 Weeks Ago (08:19 AM).

Hi, I love your idea of slow evolution but you didn't do what I meant when I read your concept.
What do you think about having shuckles that have many form that they can evolve. Exemple : lvl BS = 250, lvl 5 evolve with BS = 290, lvl 10 evolve with BS = 335... an so on
If you creat 30ish lines like that it would be far better.
And also, what do you think about having 10-ish base shuckle (with 10 evolutions) and I don't know, 10 weedle base
I know it's a lot of work but it would be awesome
Old 4 Weeks Ago (08:03 PM). Edited 4 Weeks Ago by mariomaniac432.
Shuckle Master

Quote originally posted by Bela:
This is a really cute idea. I like it. I'll have to play the demo when I get a chance.

I really hope there's something like a ~Legendary Shuckle~ to find in this hack =]
You'll just have to find out for yourself when I get more of this done

Quote originally posted by kleenexfeu:
Hi, I love your idea of slow evolution but you didn't do what I meant when I read your concept.
What do you think about having shuckles that have many form that they can evolve. Exemple : lvl BS = 250, lvl 5 evolve with BS = 290, lvl 10 evolve with BS = 335... an so on
If you creat 30ish lines like that it would be far better.
And also, what do you think about having 10-ish base shuckle (with 10 evolutions) and I don't know, 10 weedle base
I know it's a lot of work but it would be awesome
I get what you're saying, but it's just not what I'm going for with this. I considered giving a few evolutions at one point, and even made some Shuckle that are clearly derived from other Shuckle I already made that could have just been evolutions, but the reason they're separate is because they were once the same species, but for one reason or another some of them adopted traits that others didn't, and became a separate species. I think you're idea is good too, but as I said, I'm not really a spriter. I can't make anything myself, just splice. It's also really hard for me to come up with ideas for sprites that make sense, at least for the dual-types. Making a bunch of versions of the same one would probably drive me insane, lol. Despite this, today at work I had a couple of ideas for more Shuckle. I can probably increase the number to at least 45, but it won't be easy for me.

Also, I'll likely be updating the download link sometime tomorrow with a few more changes. After that I'll begin working on the whole thing again!

Old 4 Weeks Ago (08:20 PM).

Nature: Naughty
Interesting concept!I won't comment about how it is until the beta comes out but surely its something new.And I always am excited for anything which is "Out of The Box"!
Old 4 Weeks Ago (01:02 PM).

Nature: Jolly
I only have one question:

Spoiler:

Is this going to be a legendary?
Old 4 Weeks Ago (01:32 PM).
Mr. Magius

Nature: Relaxed
This is a really fun, and almost nonsensically zany, concept that I can't wait to try out. However, if Shuckle Island really is so isolated, why are Team Rocket the villains? You would think that if people from Kanto/Johto could get to Shuckle Island, the Island itself would have more Pokemon species than just offshoots of Shuckle. I mean, if we look at the history of formerly isolated places with unique species on them (like Australia) you see a history of introduced, invasive species when newcomers (like Team Rocket would be) arrive. I could definitely see Team Rocket showing up with their Zubat, Raticate, Ekans, etc. and throwing off the balance of the native Shuckle. And if Team Rocket could get here, any irresponsible person could get here and release their Pokemon into Shuckle Island's ecology. It's just a big plot problem that I see; it almost breaks the premise for me.
Old 4 Weeks Ago (02:20 PM).
Shuckle Master

Quote originally posted by NeoSpeedFreak:
I only have one question:

Spoiler:

Is this going to be a legendary?
Lol, that would be awesome, but no.

Quote originally posted by Deokishisu:
This is a really fun, and almost nonsensically zany, concept that I can't wait to try out. However, if Shuckle Island really is so isolated, why are Team Rocket the villains? You would think that if people from Kanto/Johto could get to Shuckle Island, the Island itself would have more Pokemon species than just offshoots of Shuckle. I mean, if we look at the history of formerly isolated places with unique species on them (like Australia) you see a history of introduced, invasive species when newcomers (like Team Rocket would be) arrive. I could definitely see Team Rocket showing up with their Zubat, Raticate, Ekans, etc. and throwing off the balance of the native Shuckle. And if Team Rocket could get here, any irresponsible person could get here and release their Pokemon into Shuckle Island's ecology. It's just a big plot problem that I see; it almost breaks the premise for me.
It's explained very early in the demo that Team Rocket has been operating completely under the radar prior to the game's story. In order to do so, they would not be using Pokemon not native to the region for their missions, as that would have been a dead-give away. Giving certain special trainers like the Tour Guides non-native Pokemon was something I considered early on, but decided against. I thought about that last part as well, and in order to preserve the unique ecosystem the island has, there is an island-wide law against bringing in outside Pokemon and taking these Shuckle out, making it almost like a nature preserve for them. And isolated doesn't necessarily mean it's so far out of reach that no one can get there. If that were the case, the player wouldn't live there either, and there would be no game at all. It is far away, but that's why boats and planes exist. The Unova region is also far away from the rest of the Pokemon World, hence the lack of wild Pokemon not native to Unova, but that doesn't stop people from traveling there.

Old 4 Weeks Ago (10:05 AM).
Kik: spazzyda59

Nature: Lonely
Wow! I really like the concept of this hack. Great to see something original and not the cliche everday game.
Old 4 Weeks Ago (03:27 AM).

I just finished the demo 10 minutes ago and honestly, I am impressed. This game has a very creative approach to Pokemon. Hope Demo gonna come out soon
Old 3 Weeks Ago (10:38 PM).
ふゆかい

Nature: Quiet
I liked it. It's cute. That's right. I'll play it when full version comes out. Good luck cause it's cute. Shuckle is cute.
Old 3 Weeks Ago (04:59 AM).
Even a curse has its advantages.

Location: That place called... Wait, what was it called again?
Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Lycanthropy
This is such complete nonsense. I like it!

credit
#TeamTrivia#MafiaMadness

Old 3 Weeks Ago (09:31 AM).

Send a message via Skype™ to striderviper
This is hilarious, I love it. I played the demo and I liked it, the only complaints I have is that some places need to be fleshed out, particularly Nextown and Route 2 since a lot of it is just empty space. Other than that, it's fine so far =3 I had some frustrations with Dash, but eventually I just gave up trying to do strategy and just level grinded my everything to Level 15 and curbstomped everything.

Also I don't know why Green would know that the Midckle pokéball would be from Team Rocket but that's just more of a nitpick so it's not really important.
Old 3 Weeks Ago (11:23 AM).
Shuckle Master

Thanks for all the positive feedback, everyone! I've been working on this whenever I have time, and I'm currently finishing up scripts for Route 3 right now. I'll hopefully release a much longer demo by the end of May.

Quote originally posted by striderviper:
This is hilarious, I love it. I played the demo and I liked it, the only complaints I have is that some places need to be fleshed out, particularly Nextown and Route 2 since a lot of it is just empty space. Other than that, it's fine so far =3 I had some frustrations with Dash, but eventually I just gave up trying to do strategy and just level grinded my everything to Level 15 and curbstomped everything.

Also I don't know why Green would know that the Midckle pokéball would be from Team Rocket but that's just more of a nitpick so it's not really important.
When you talk to him, he has asks you "What brings you here?" which is followed by several "..."s. During this silence, it was supposed to be implied that that you are telling him how you found Midckle, and are describing what the person who dropped it looks like. In the next release, Route 3 will be partially accessible prior to defeating Dash, and with it comes a new Shuckle that should make the battle slightly easier.

Lastly, I've added a FAQ/Help section. It gives a suggested strategy for defeating Dash with minimal grinding, though it does require patience in order to catch one of Route 2's rare Shuckle.

Old 3 Weeks Ago (12:12 PM).

Send a message via Skype™ to striderviper
Okay, it makes sense if you put it that way. That's more of a problem with having a silent protagonist then.
Old 3 Weeks Ago (01:04 PM).
Shuckle Master

Indeed. It was the only way I could think of to do it. I've seen a few hacks that have the player talk, but it just feels out of place in a Pokemon game, and is a major put off for me.

Old 3 Weeks Ago (09:37 PM).
Divider of Zero

Nature: Relaxed
Quote originally posted by mariomaniac432:
Indeed. It was the only way I could think of to do it. I've seen a few hacks that have the player talk, but it just feels out of place in a Pokemon game, and is a major put off for me.
You could always have the NPC "mimic" what the player says to give the person that's playing a little more idea what they were supposed to get.

Like after they ask "What brings you here?" you can follow it with one thing of ...'s and then the NPC asks "Oh, blew in from [blah blah town], eh?" and then maybe "And that Midckle... you say you found it in [wherever land]? I've been there once, never saw a creature like that before! Wahaha!" Just my one and a half cents. :P
Old 2 Weeks Ago (10:35 AM).
dreamin'

Looks real good! hope you keep working on it, really liking the idea behind it!
Old 2 Weeks Ago (10:56 AM).
Shuckle Master

Quote originally posted by Teh Blazer:
You could always have the NPC "mimic" what the player says to give the person that's playing a little more idea what they were supposed to get.

Like after they ask "What brings you here?" you can follow it with one thing of ...'s and then the NPC asks "Oh, blew in from [blah blah town], eh?" and then maybe "And that Midckle... you say you found it in [wherever land]? I've been there once, never saw a creature like that before! Wahaha!" Just my one and a half cents.
Thanks, that will work much better!

Quote originally posted by Akiak:
Looks real good! hope you keep working on it, really liking the idea behind it!
Thanks! I'm working on it as much as possible. I've made a great deal of progress over the last couple of days. At my current rate, I may have enough done to release the next version in two weeks, at most. No promises though, the end of May is still my goal, because I never know if something will happen to eat up my free time.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links