The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 3rd, 2014, 02:53 AM
Pia Carrot
Gen II Hacker | PHO Enthusiast

Nature: Adamant

Pokémon Ancient Platinum
Hack of Gold Version (U)
By Mateo and Pia Carrot

Intro:
Welcome to the Ancient Platinum thread!

Pokémon Ancient Platinum is a Gold hack by Mateo and Pia Carrot, which attempts to bring the amazing region of Sinnoh to the nostalgic metal engine. The project originally started in early 2012 by Pia Carrot but due to his lack of hacking knowledge gave up promptly. However, now there is Mateo on board the team, the hacking veteran behind Secrets and Rumors and Pokémon Sterling Silver.
The hack aims to create a grand Sinnoh experience, while still immersing yourself in the Generation 2 environment. The name of this hack comes from Melash' old project Ancient Emerald, a silver hack that was cancelled back in 2009. Please continue reading.

Storyline:

Welcome to the land of Sinnoh, a region far north in the Pokémon world where you can meet all sorts of creatures. These Pocket Monsters, or Pokémon, are our friends, partners, and even our lives. Today is the day that destiny unfolds and you get your first Pokémon from the esteemed Professor Rowan.

Go on an adventure through the land of Sinnoh as you strive to complete the Pokémon Encyclopedia, foil villainous plots, and become the champion of Sinnoh!

Features:
  • Gender Selection
  • Swarms
  • New Pokéballs! (Planned)
  • GTS
  • Battle Frontier
  • All of the Sinnoh Dex is obtainable
  • Honey Trees
  • ...And much, much more!

Screenshots:

Downloads:
None

Bugs (We hate these!):
None so far!

Credits and Thanks:
~G0LD!
Chamber
Lydario
Tauwasser
Soloo993
Chaos Rush
javcdark
BynineB
Blue Emerald
DarioEMeloD
NICKtendoDs
Devicho
Rakia

~CSS by ClaCla and Pia Carrot~

Last edited by Pia Carrot; May 29th, 2014 at 09:15 PM.
Old May 3rd, 2014, 08:31 AM
Hashtag
king cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pia Carrot View Post
Spoiler:

Pokémon Ancient Platinum
Hack of Gold Version (U)
By Mateo and Pia Carrot

Intro:
Welcome to the Ancient Platinum thread!

Pokémon Ancient Platinum is a Gold hack by Mateo and Pia Carrot, which attempts to bring the amazing region of Sinnoh to the nostalgic metal engine. The project originally started in early 2012 by Pia Carrot but due to his lack of hacking knowledge gave up promptly. However, now there is Mateo on board the team, the hacking veteran behind Secrets and Rumors and Pokémon Sterling Silver.
The hack aims to create a grand Sinnoh experience, while still immersing yourself in the Generation 2 environment. Please continue reading.

Storyline:

Welcome to the land of Sinnoh, a region far north in the Pokémon world where you can meet all sorts of creatures. These Pocket Monsters, or Pokémon, are our friends, partners, and even our lives. Today is the day that destiny unfolds and you get your first Pokémon from the esteemed Professor Rowan.

Go on an adventure through the land of Sinnoh as you strive to complete the Pokémon Encyclopedia, foil villainous plots, and become the champion of Sinnoh!

Features:
  • Gender Selection
  • Swarms
  • GTS
  • Battle Frontier
  • All of the Sinnoh Dex is obtainable
  • Honey Trees
  • The Fairy Type, Sylveon and Pixie Arceus
  • ...And much, much more!

Screenshots:

Downloads:
None

Bugs (We hate these!):
None so far!

Credits and Thanks:
~G0LD!
Chamber
Tauwasser
Solo993
Devicho

~CSS by ClaCla and Pia Carrot~
Thread doesn't have six eligible screenshots to warrant being in the Progressing Hacks subforum.

Moved.
Old May 3rd, 2014, 08:44 AM
_Nex_
Also called Nex

Woah!That looks amazing!
Are you going to change the tiles?

Old May 3rd, 2014, 08:44 AM
Pia Carrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Nex_ View Post
Woah!That looks amazing!
Are you going to change the tiles?
Yeah, I'm currently whipping up a new tileset, new trees, sideways stairs for mountains, etc.

Old May 3rd, 2014, 09:07 AM
Hashtag
king cook

Screenshots are now sufficient for Progressing Hacks subforum and is in the process of being moved as I speak.

Moved.
Old May 3rd, 2014, 09:16 AM
Splash
Gen II Fan

Nature: Calm
Im so looking forward to this and knowing that Mateo is helping makes it a hack to look forward to.. Best of Luck to you guys!
Pokémon Platinum Red
Pokémon Platinum Blue
Pokémon Platinum Red
Pokémon Platinum Blue
Pokémon Platinum Red
Pokémon Platinum Blue
­
Old May 3rd, 2014, 09:20 AM
DoYouKnowHowToPokemon
noob rom hacker/beta tester

haven't played a gen 2 hack, maybe this will be the first xD
Old May 3rd, 2014, 09:24 AM
Pia Carrot

Thanks, guys. Here's some of the new tiles in action, however they haven't been updated to be snowy/slushy or anything like that yet.

Spoiler:

Old May 3rd, 2014, 11:41 AM
Orifiel
Priestess

Nature: Lonely
Okay, loving the idea already, this is why I love this kind of hacks. I love how you guys did with the sprite and region map. Yes, tiles are well. Hope to see more screenshot, because that would be great, good luck.
Old May 3rd, 2014, 11:54 AM
Hashtag
king cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pia Carrot View Post
Thanks, guys. Here's some of the new tiles in action, however they haven't been updated to be snowy/slushy or anything like that yet.

Spoiler:
I like the look of that, definitely. Platinum is my all-time favourite canon Pokémon game and I'm super excited to see it being remade on a Gen 2 (which is my second favourite generation). While talking about that route... how are you going to handle the Spiritomb event?
Old May 3rd, 2014, 12:14 PM
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mateo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinx View Post
I like the look of that, definitely. Platinum is my all-time favourite canon Pokémon game and I'm super excited to see it being remade on a Gen 2 (which is my second favourite generation). While talking about that route... how are you going to handle the Spiritomb event?
Carefully :L

But seriously, since some things won't be able to work exactly the same as the original (like meeting other players in the underground) we may have to make some slight changes in order to make events work in a similar way without requiring things we don't have. While we haven't discussed that specific even in-depth yet, we will do our best to make things like this work in a similar enough way that they feel natural.

Old May 3rd, 2014, 12:32 PM
Pia Carrot

Here, have some Canalave.

Regarding Spiritomb, since Game Freak used a gimmick to get kids to connect with other kids to catch it, we may just simplify and make it so that you just use the Odd Keystone and can fight Spiritomb when you are ready.

Last edited by Pia Carrot; May 3rd, 2014 at 12:45 PM.
Old May 3rd, 2014, 01:04 PM
_Nex_
Also called Nex

Whoa!You are very quick.How will the darkrai event work?

Old May 3rd, 2014, 01:16 PM
Pia Carrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Nex_ View Post
Whoa!You are very quick.How will the darkrai event work?
Post Elite Four, it will function just as it did in DPPt. You'll need the Lunar Wing from Cresselia, and then you'll have to find a member card (which will be part of a new sidequest). Then you'll get to go to Harbor Inn and participate in the event.

Old May 3rd, 2014, 02:19 PM
Linkdude231
Hylian Chosen One

Such a brilliant idea! I've always loved Platinum, but it looks awesome in 2nd Gen graphics and tilesets! I hope this doesn't die and good luck with it!
Old May 4th, 2014, 05:12 AM
jan2prado
Eat, Sleep, Repeat!

Yey!! Another Platinum DEMAKE!! but on Gen 2!! I like the tiles BTW, but your mapping is nice and really fast O.o.. what's your magic? XD.. anyways I'll play it when a release comes out.. :D
Old May 4th, 2014, 05:32 AM
itari
普通の魔法使い
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Wow, I love this idea. I've always wanted to see a Platinum demake for the 2nd gen!
The new tiles look really nice, and it's nice to see some real progress.

Very exciting!
Old May 4th, 2014, 05:55 AM
Ksiazek Bartlomiej
Rejishan awake...

Nature: Hardy
Well... I'm looking forward for first release of your hack... You need ask FroggestSpirit for help on it. As I know he was good in Music Editing. I wonder how great been battle with Dialga in gen II style. So sad that Cries from Gen IV can not been transported to Gen II roms.
- During Centuries... Whole worlds try keep in survive... Beafore the space start existing... In chaos eye appeared two eggs... One of mighty pokemon Arceus... Secound with less known Rejishan... Those two pokemon start build their worlds in other warps... Rejishan lose him mission... And undone world named now was TORN WORLD where now live Giratina... Arceus create world with Pokemons where live everywhere alongside with humans... What do Arceus after fail of Rejishan? He give him able to live in him world... But Rejishan want create something which been himself... And from biggest dessert upper than Unova Region start creating new region... This region is Thonsu... New species of Pokemons start locate at their region... Arceus fell angry... But forgive Rejishan and make with him friendship... But now... Is no one know... Rejishan hide in human body... Human name of Thonsu Creator is Sir Allan Newlight... - MYTH ABOUT REJISHAN (Pokemon Dirty Sun plot)

MY MUSIC SHOP - http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=296954
Old May 4th, 2014, 07:22 AM
Splash
Gen II Fan

I hope miksy and koolboyman helps cause that'll become the Gen 2 hackers dream team!(for me at least xD)
Pokémon Platinum Red
Pokémon Platinum Blue
Pokémon Platinum Red
Pokémon Platinum Blue
Pokémon Platinum Red
Pokémon Platinum Blue
­
Old May 4th, 2014, 07:30 AM
Pia Carrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by jan2prado View Post
Yey!! Another Platinum DEMAKE!! but on Gen 2!! I like the tiles BTW, but your mapping is nice and really fast O.o.. what's your magic? XD.. anyways I'll play it when a release comes out.. :D
I've been Gen 2 mapping for about 3 years now, I've grown rather accustomed XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splash View Post
I hope miksy and koolboyman helps cause that'll become the Gen 2 hackers dream team!(for me at least xD)
Miksy91 has offered to help down the road, actually. We'll probably need him for some asm help along the line.

Old May 4th, 2014, 11:51 AM
Mr.Mako

This looks really impressive. I can't wait to see how it progresses.

Old May 4th, 2014, 09:24 PM
Pia Carrot

Hello. Sorry for the lack of updates on the 4th. I did get some stuff done, though.

(There aren't actually 251 Pokémon, I used a gameshark code to complete the dex for me. There will be a total of 216, possibly 219 if we include the three regis. I accidentally skipped over Rhydon, this is fixed as of now lol)

We are currently hard at work with Oreburgh City. Implementing new tiles and such. Here's a sneak peak of the bulldozer tile for you all:

Old May 5th, 2014, 10:55 AM
Varion Bluefire
A.K.A The Glitch

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Varion Bluefire
Looking pretty good Pia!! c:

Can't wait for this!!

...A call to arms, soldier...
Old May 5th, 2014, 08:27 PM
Pia Carrot

Right, for whatever reason Unown are green in silver and gold. I've fixed this by inserting their Crystal palette:

I'm currently inserting several sprites. You may also notice Lucas' backsprite is a bit different. Thanks to Soloo993 for spiffing it up.

Last edited by Pia Carrot; May 5th, 2014 at 08:32 PM.
Old May 6th, 2014, 06:10 AM
avaramoon
Mirage Of Tales

Nature: Brave
I never played or even had any interest the actual Platinum, but seeing everything in GSC-style is really making me want to give it a try now! 2nd gen was one of the best for me. I wish you guys all the best of luck with this! =)

Sponsored Links