The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 11th, 2011, 07:21 PM
Sarcastic Prince
Starting anew...

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Sarcastic Prince

Advertise here
Nice beta, but I have a few bugs to report:

Spoiler:

The Roselia is overlapped by the bookshelf.

This Trainer is from Sabrina's Gym. She shouldn't be here, because that place is a science laboratory. Also, she uses Lv. 30+ PKMN, which is too strong in this part of the hack. Though she was no match to me at all.

The secretary is "standing".

When I scroll Thrasher Estate, the game freezes.

I'm pretty sure that you meant "Gardener" instead "Gardner".

Umm... why is the Marvelight City's shop selling Master Balls for free?
Master Balls shouldn't be present as a mart item, honestly.

Glitched tiles are present in this house.

Glitched tiles are present in shipping warehouse.

Glitched text are present on the notice board.

Glitched text are present on the signpost.

4/5.
I'll give a five if you had fewer bugs.
Old July 11th, 2011, 10:32 PM
Bela
Pokémon Rose Creator
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic Prince View Post
Nice beta, but I have a few bugs to report:

Spoiler:

The Roselia is overlapped by the bookshelf.

This Trainer is from Sabrina's Gym. She shouldn't be here, because that place is a science laboratory. Also, she uses Lv. 30+ PKMN, which is too strong in this part of the hack. Though she was no match to me at all.

The secretary is "standing".

When I scroll Thrasher Estate, the game freezes.

I'm pretty sure that you meant "Gardener" instead "Gardner".

Umm... why is the Marvelight City's shop selling Master Balls for free?
Master Balls shouldn't be present as a mart item, honestly.

Glitched tiles are present in this house.

Glitched tiles are present in shipping warehouse.

Glitched text are present on the notice board.

Glitched text are present on the signpost.

4/5.
I'll give a five if you had fewer bugs.
I've fixed all of these already for the next release. =)
Old July 12th, 2011, 01:51 AM
Nintendork15
I'm gone. Bye.

Nature: Naughty
I'm currently playing now.
I give it a 8/10 so far.
It's a very well put together and planned out hack. You don't see many people with a World Map concept art on the first post like you have.
Old August 8th, 2011, 12:37 AM
Bela
Pokémon Rose Creator
Community Supporter

Still working toward a second beta!

Here is an updated map of Paristorm City:

Spoiler:

Included in this city are Paristorm Bank, the fourth gym, the Paristorm Warehouses, and the Ocean Temple Ruins.
Old August 8th, 2011, 01:18 PM
Darkerm
Darkness is Not always Evil

Nature: Gentle
Very good map but It would be much better if you insert new brick path tiles cuz FR brick path tiles don't match with this map.

"My Hack"

Banner By "YAS"
Old August 16th, 2011, 08:07 PM
Jestonster
Beginning Trainer

I am SO happy to see that this hack is still progressing.
I have actually read EVERYTHING in this thread and will continue to check for updates. It's very refreshing to see a hack with an interesting storyline that still seems somewhat "Pokémon" and a hack without fakemon!! Also, the maps are beautiful!

You're my hero. Keep it up!
Old August 18th, 2011, 01:35 PM
Ohanzee Mukki
Ohanzee Mukki

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via AIM to Ohanzee Mukki
excited for this! looks good!
waiting for the final
Old September 16th, 2011, 05:46 AM
Chevitile
Little Monster

Hi, I can't seem to get past Elderwood. I can't pass the man who says there's a student missing. I've talked to every person I can, but no success...what do I need to do?
Old September 16th, 2011, 06:10 AM
M.L
Busy atm

Quote:
Hi, I can't seem to get past Elderwood. I can't pass the man who says there's a student missing. I've talked to every person I can, but no success...what do I need to do?
well its fairly easy first go into the mart go get the pokedex from larch go get running shoes from mom
go back into the pokecentre try and use the computer the old man will tell you what to do then speak to the boy again and he runs out back into the town and from there go into the pokemon school hope this helps
Old September 16th, 2011, 01:55 PM
Chevitile
Little Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.L View Post
well its fairly easy first go into the mart go get the pokedex from larch go get running shoes from mom
go back into the pokecentre try and use the computer the old man will tell you what to do then speak to the boy again and he runs out back into the town and from there go into the pokemon school hope this helps
Yes! Thank you very much!
Old September 16th, 2011, 02:10 PM
Chevitile
Little Monster

Also, I've encountered a bug/glitch/something in Peatite (is that right?) City. After the girl gives me the Silk Scarf, I control that little girl instead of the main player, and when I went to my party to try to fix it, the little girl's sprite I was controlling became the guy's sprite (I was playing as Leaf/Blue). Saving + resetting didn't solve it.
Old September 16th, 2011, 02:41 PM
M.L
Busy atm

well that im not sure that sounds like a glitch but i havnt got that far(went out tonight) just go to your last save and try again or if you can (skip that part)
Old September 17th, 2011, 12:33 AM
Chevitile
Little Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.L View Post
well that im not sure that sounds like a glitch but i havnt got that far(went out tonight) just go to your last save and try again or if you can (skip that part)

Yeah, but I saved after that, hoping it'd fix itself or something...so I restarted, and everything worked fine this time. Thanks for advice though!
Old September 18th, 2011, 01:00 AM
Chevitile
Little Monster

And I just realized it's Elderoak and not Elderwood...sorry 'bout that.
Old September 30th, 2011, 05:51 AM
The Author
The Hero of Knothole Glade

Nature: Quiet
Wow. I'm impressed with the work. Back on Project Pokémon I didn't really approve due to the made-up region (Yes, I am Xor Vok), but now I must honestly say that I am deeply impressed with Rose Version! Good Job!
The Musician
The Transcendentalist

The Author
The Philosopher
The Architect
The Psychologist
The Artist
Old October 8th, 2011, 06:01 PM
Bela
Pokémon Rose Creator
Community Supporter

Hey there Xor Vok! I'm glad you like it. =) And perhaps now you see that many fan games do, in fact, create their own regions?

I think I'm having a change of heart on the idea of keeping all the original 386 Pokemon. I may kick some of them out in favor of new gen 4/5 Pokemon.
Old October 8th, 2011, 09:10 PM
dark.anubis88
Beginning Trainer

where can i download it to try it out?
Old October 11th, 2011, 12:33 PM
Chevitile
Little Monster

Not sure if you want my opinion, but I'll post in anyways: If you ask me, don't add Gen 4/5 Pokémon. Whenever I see a Gen 4/5 Pokémon in a 3rd Gen hack, it just feels like they're so out of place. However, Manly Pink for example, is ONLY based on Gen 4/5 Pokémon, so there I don't really feel like it's the same thing. (it does still feel kind of awkward though.)
Old October 13th, 2011, 03:30 PM
The Author
The Hero of Knothole Glade

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevitile View Post
Not sure if you want my opinion, but I'll post in anyways: If you ask me, don't add Gen 4/5 Pokémon. Whenever I see a Gen 4/5 Pokémon in a 3rd Gen hack, it just feels like they're so out of place. However, Manly Pink for example, is ONLY based on Gen 4/5 Pokémon, so there I don't really feel like it's the same thing. (it does still feel kind of awkward though.)
In a way I agree, but after playing it for a while you get used to the 4/5 Pokémon. It's not something you'll like right away, but in the end it's something to be grateful for. I'm adding 4/5 generation Pokémon to my hack and the first hack I remember playing (Light Platinum) I felt like the 4th gen Pokémon were pretty out of place. In the end, I didn't really like Light Platinum, but I do think adding 4th generation Pokémon did help out a lot, especially with the story. Adding the newer Pokémon to Rose might feel weird at first, but then you'll like it I'm sure. It's kinda like eating right after brushing your teeth, if you know what I mean. But that's just my opinion.
The Musician
The Transcendentalist

The Author
The Philosopher
The Architect
The Psychologist
The Artist
Old October 13th, 2011, 07:44 PM
Bela
Pokémon Rose Creator
Community Supporter

I should clarify that including newer Pokemon was always going to happen at some point in Rose, it was a question of whether or not I would do it in this game. Instead of including new Pokemon in the future and either avert my eyes to this change or give what I have found to be insufficient reasoning as for why such a change would occur in-game, I decided I would start with this game including them. And I think you'll find that they really do fit within the context of the story when such Pokemon do appear--many replace other similar Pokemon and some areas seem to be "lacking" Pokemon that fit their theme--which is only just one of my reasons for including them.

In terms of battling, I intend to get rid of a lot of useless things in favor of Pokemon that are powerful, in order to make this game more of a challenge. It should also help make the metagame more diverse, rather than having to rely on only the few useful Pokemon the game already has to make the game more challenging for the player.
Old October 15th, 2011, 01:30 AM
Mikachu
~Cosplayer~

Nature: Brave
The plot of your game sounds absolutely amazing, and i love the beta so far.

Edit:
Lol im stuck in the fence maze now. Your game is absolutely amazing.

Last edited by Mikachu; October 15th, 2011 at 02:57 AM.
Old October 16th, 2011, 10:42 PM
Bela
Pokémon Rose Creator
Community Supporter

Small, minor update!

I am now introducing you to my author avatar for Rose, the character named Star:

AREN'T MY PAINT SKILLS THAT I USED IN LIKE 20 MINUTES JUST WONDERFUL!?!?! :P

Should you find him in-game, he might give you something nice!

Last edited by Bela; October 17th, 2011 at 11:31 AM.
Old October 17th, 2011, 06:21 PM
Blazing Flare
Burning brightly

Nature: Mild
Just by reading this thread, I can see a great deal of care is being devoted to this hack, so I commend the author for the efforts and despite not being able to help directly with the required positions, I'll still be cheering this hack onwards.
Old November 19th, 2011, 01:05 PM
Bela
Pokémon Rose Creator
Community Supporter

Just a small, quick update!

Should have a lot of time this weekend and next (Thanksgiving) to work on this hack. Haven't had much time lately, but I've got a lot of ideas I want to try out. We'll see what happens!
Old November 19th, 2011, 03:22 PM
Soul Saint
Ghost~

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Soul Saint
Though the story that you shared in the intro and the bit after it don't really appeal to me, your maps look amazing. I'm probably going to download this some time next week to try it out - Who knows, my opinion on the story may change. Some reasons the story doesn't appeal to me is because of the same old starters, Team Magma and Aqua, but those are more of a personal preference thing. Another reason is how easily Raikou was caught in the bit you shared aside from the intro. In all the movies I've seen, there's always more high-tech machines or technology with enough power to actually capture a legendary/mythical Pokemon. So for one to be captured by snares...? Kind of a let down to be honest.

I'll be able to give a better(More full) opinion after I begin to play it. Right now, bit swamped and sick. Your hack really does look amazing though, I can't get over that. o.o
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here