The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 19th, 2011, 04:01 PM
Bela
Pokémon Rose Creator
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Saint View Post
Though the story that you shared in the intro and the bit after it don't really appeal to me, your maps look amazing. I'm probably going to download this some time next week to try it out - Who knows, my opinion on the story may change. Some reasons the story doesn't appeal to me is because of the same old starters, Team Magma and Aqua, but those are more of a personal preference thing. Another reason is how easily Raikou was caught in the bit you shared aside from the intro. In all the movies I've seen, there's always more high-tech machines or technology with enough power to actually capture a legendary/mythical Pokemon. So for one to be captured by snares...? Kind of a let down to be honest.

I'll be able to give a better(More full) opinion after I begin to play it. Right now, bit swamped and sick. Your hack really does look amazing though, I can't get over that. o.o
Thank you for the post, Soul Saint! And I hope you feel better soon. =(

The starters being the same ones from the first three regions was a decision on my part to give more choice to the player. I wasn't interested in creating my own type triad or in using a set starter for this game, so I decided to go this route instead. I just like the old starters and wanted to make those available!

While I am also not much of a fan of Team Aqua and Magma (and it shows in-game), they have a special role in this story that makes me want to include them. I won't spoil what that is, though. =)

Now, as for the capture of legendary Pokemon--I definitely hear you on it appearing to be "easy." But take note of all the times a legendary Pokemon is pursued in the anime, manga, and even in-game. There's an important difference between those attempts and the Rocket grunts seen here--they catch it in a Master Ball. It's presumed that the Raikou would have eventually escaped the grunt's trap if it were not for this fact. That is, that the trap was only to slow it down so that they could capture it. It's also a detail explained later--just how these grunts were able to get their hands on a Master Ball in the first place.
Old November 24th, 2011, 08:00 AM
Soul Saint
Ghost~

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Soul Saint
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bela View Post
Now, as for the capture of legendary Pokemon--I definitely hear you on it appearing to be "easy." But take note of all the times a legendary Pokemon is pursued in the anime, manga, and even in-game. There's an important difference between those attempts and the Rocket grunts seen here--they catch it in a Master Ball. It's presumed that the Raikou would have eventually escaped the grunt's trap if it were not for this fact. That is, that the trap was only to slow it down so that they could capture it. It's also a detail explained later--just how these grunts were able to get their hands on a Master Ball in the first place.
The Master Ball I can completely understand them having; It's Team Rocket. My only issue is that they capture it by using a snare.... Those are typically small, and considering how strong it should be, it should easily be able to break free and get away. I'd picture something from like the second movie, or the one where Zoroark is captured(Fancy-Chancey do-dads). After thinking more on different anchors for the snare...it seems more doable, honestly.

Gunna start playing this tonight or tomorrow, though. I can't wait to begin!!! :3
Old November 24th, 2011, 08:18 AM
TheChaosBlue
Jump On Box For a Free Life!

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to TheChaosBlue
Oh, if there's much dedication put into this, I can see this going into Hack Showcase some time next year.

From the music to the screenshots, the whole presentation is great. Just downloaded the beta; can't wait to try it out myself.
Old December 11th, 2011, 04:28 AM
xenuxablexxx
Beginning Trainer

sweet hack hope you finish it at all
Old December 12th, 2011, 09:24 PM
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

Nature: Relaxed
This is a well thought through story line. I love the pictures and your mapping. Oh, question though when you first pick your gender at the start of any pokemon game; how do you change their picture to something else? (The picture that you changed the original from)
Old December 29th, 2011, 08:44 PM
Peetzaahhh
Hackin N00b

Nature: Hardy
This looks interesting... good luck finishing the game and I look forward to future beta, etc
Old January 1st, 2012, 04:09 AM
destinydownloads

This game looks awesome, I am looking forward to playing it the game is downloading right now.
Old January 4th, 2012, 09:14 PM
xxtotalimmortalxx
Beginning Trainer

Downloading and about to play. I'm excited :D
Old January 4th, 2012, 09:24 PM
xxtotalimmortalxx
Beginning Trainer

Very very good. I'm jealous. I need to make a team because I can do anything on here except the spriting.
Old January 9th, 2012, 06:27 AM
AwsomeMew
<-- WTF?! WURMPLE!

I Will Suport this game, It locks like a good game!
Old January 14th, 2012, 08:22 PM
BouncedMr Happy
Beginning Trainer

I've been following this hack for about a year, I'm glad to see it's progressing since my last visit.
Old January 15th, 2012, 04:18 AM
Elite Four Lucian
Elite Four - Psychic User

Nature: Brave
As a developer I think it is important to give you constructive critisim. I like the mapping, but it is too plain for my taste, try giving it a bit more detail and not have it look so plain :) If you need a mapper, I would be more then glad to help you out. But that was just my observation, otherwise I love the game :)

The Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire Supporter Userbars were made by me, if you would like one to support your favorite version, gym leaders, or Elite Four member, message me and I'd be glad to make one for you.
Old January 15th, 2012, 06:36 AM
mruknown6
Beginning Trainer

looks awesome cant wait for the next beta
Old January 21st, 2012, 10:38 AM
Bela
Pokémon Rose Creator
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
In light of Megaupload's closure, I have updated with new download links. Happy downloading!
Old January 21st, 2012, 08:06 PM
Jayster23
A Promise To Return

Just played the beta. Absolutely love it. I found the story really interesting and the features are something to look forward too.
I really like the idea of choosing whatever starter you want. Chose Charmander of course. The maps are good and annoying(That maze ) The cave for me was a bit plain though, but i suppose thats how all beginning caves should be.

You probably know of this but in Marvelight City there are a lot of tile errors in buildings and in the Mart the Master Ball is available for zilch. As i said you probably know of them.
I look forward to the next beta and continuations of this hack. Keep it up
Old February 16th, 2012, 07:24 PM
hawks4ever8
Beginning Trainer

so i got to the part where it says this is the end of the beta thank you for playing, so is that the end or is there an updated version out.
Old March 8th, 2012, 01:41 PM
pokehackthroughwiz
Beginning Trainer

cool i really want to play this hack further than the second gym or whereever its at
Old March 31st, 2012, 12:25 PM
koi boy tom
Beginning Trainer

hi Bela, im not a computer expert or anything, im only 16 and a huge pokemon fan, but i would love to try this out, honestly it looks amazing... is there a programme or something i have to download, when i try to download the beta, it says i need to choose a programme to run it with or something... any help appreciated, cheers
tom
Old April 1st, 2012, 11:21 AM
dgj918
Beginning Trainer

why does my screen turn red after you name your character??? please help
Old April 1st, 2012, 01:54 PM
Big-Blue
Beginning Trainer

This seems like an amazing hack and is a visual masterpiece!
Keep on, my dear. :D
Old April 11th, 2012, 07:58 PM
Silver-san
Beginning Trainer

this might sound stupid but are there any hacks out there where you could join a team i.e. magma or rocket?
Old April 12th, 2012, 09:28 AM
kobusnetten
Beginning Trainer

I really like this, keep up the good work!
Old May 7th, 2012, 07:36 PM
MarthGan
Master Of Bird Pokemon

Nature: Calm
I went inside the house with the little girl and her larvitar and i went to my bag then when i exit out the bag i got stuck in the little girls body and i could not move in a 3X3 perimeter of the room.........WHAT THE HECK

But the game is EPIC
Old May 7th, 2012, 10:47 PM
kebbles
Rom Hacker.

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarthGan View Post
I went inside the house with the little girl and her larvitar and i went to my bag then when i exit out the bag i got stuck in the little girls body and i could not move in a 3X3 perimeter of the room.........WHAT THE HECK

But the game is EPIC
Thats a classic hacking bug, the owner of the hack can fix this by changing the overworlds person number in advance map or just deleting the person and re-do it.

When the world is in its final moments..
Where will you be?
Old May 7th, 2012, 11:02 PM
alehizzle
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Docile
Just by looking at the screenshots, it seems as though it's been put together quite well so far. I'll wait for it to be a little further along to test it, though.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here