The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 6th, 2009, 03:03 PM
~Teh Panda~
Sea of Dreams - Redux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary, the Magic Fairy View Post
As I said, there will be 185 catchable pokemon. I explained what I was going to do with the rest in the last post I made :3
Aha! I must have missed that, my bad.

Mystic still in work to let you know...
Old December 6th, 2009, 09:13 PM
Sini
Beginning Trainer

This looks really amazing! I love world disaster stories. I just hope the tiles aren't too gloomy : /
Old December 7th, 2009, 01:44 PM
Gary, the Magic Fairy
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Naughty
Inserting tiles at the moment.

While you wait, here are some more pokemon:

Yes, that's a plus sign. You'll find out what that's about later.
Old December 7th, 2009, 02:32 PM
The Ominous Plains
I'll make Userbars for You!

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to The Ominous Plains
A plus sign? Could it evolve into two pokémon?
Or a male/female variation
Old December 7th, 2009, 04:08 PM
Samike360
Lover of May

Oh my god, this sounds amazing. I was immediatly hooked with the first post- I could immediatly tell that isn't a normal hack. Good luck with this- I would love to play it. I don't know if you need any help, but I can do some scripting if you want

Please warm my eggs...I'll be sure to return the favor

From now one, if you haven't contacted me yet....I will not accept hacks unless they are at least in progressing hacks. So if you want my help, get some screenshots first.
Old December 8th, 2009, 06:07 PM
Vanitas~
Ink Blot

Nature: Bold
Gotta say, I had a major geek moment while reading all of these posts. I also have a theory as to the plus sign: does, when the Drifblim evo umm.... evolve, create a new Pokemon like the Nincada family?

Also, I'm curious to see some of these sprites. I'm concerned that you're making five stages for every family. What about like say... Skarmory? How exactly would you go about that? In addition, by having all 5-chain families, that reduces the number of different families to only 37. That isn't very much in all honesty, and if you count Legendaries, then the number of different families is reduced even more.

Honestly what freaks me out most, though, is the coincidence of me reading this thread. I was litteraly just starting I Am Legend, and then this. It gave me goosebumps. I like that feeling. Keep up the good work. XD
Old December 8th, 2009, 08:03 PM
Gary, the Magic Fairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanitas~ View Post
Gotta say, I had a major geek moment while reading all of these posts. I also have a theory as to the plus sign: does, when the Drifblim evo umm.... evolve, create a new Pokemon like the Nincada family?
Correct. We'll see how exactly that works a little later.

Quote:
Also, I'm curious to see some of these sprites. I'm concerned that you're making five stages for every family. What about like say... Skarmory? How exactly would you go about that? In addition, by having all 5-chain families, that reduces the number of different families to only 37. That isn't very much in all honesty, and if you count Legendaries, then the number of different families is reduced even more.
Well, Skarmory is definitely not one of the pokemon available in this game, but I see your point. I have not chosen any pokemon that I cannot think of at least 2 - 4 more evolutions for. I may end up raising the amount of pokemon to 40 - 45 families, depending on how many non-catchable enemies I end up creating. As of now, though, I have 37/185 planned, so any others will be last-minute additions.

Having few pokemon shouldn't be incredibly noticable in this game, as you probably won't even capture all of them. As I've said, Pokeballs are extremely rare.

Quote:
Honestly what freaks me out most, though, is the coincidence of me reading this thread. I was litteraly just starting I Am Legend, and then this. It gave me goosebumps. I like that feeling. Keep up the good work. XD
Ha, Thanks.
Old December 8th, 2009, 08:15 PM
interdpth
I've seen things, man.

Made me think of IM legend, but I can imagine your idea.

And I love it, lemme know when you get a screen or vid up.

It sounds fantastic.

potato is not here.

bye
Old December 9th, 2009, 07:58 AM
minchan
Mudkip Worshipper

Send a message via AIM to minchan Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to minchan Send a message via Skype™ to minchan
Shuckle evolutions? I can't wait to see those! Seems really exciting.

The Drifloon family evolution line is quite intriguing... It will definitely be interesting to see!
Old December 9th, 2009, 12:19 PM
Ancient J W
Beginning Trainer

I must say that I can't wait for this, I'm on edge. I think what makes it so interesting is that it's unique, more than unique, it's so different I can't describe it. It's like the end of the world Pokemon style, I've got a vivid image of this game in my mind (meaning that your stoy and intro was great.) Anyway just posted to say Goodluck
(loving the evolution lines)

Click my Pokemon PLEASE!
Old December 9th, 2009, 12:27 PM
Banjora Marxvile
Oui Oui Si Si Ja Ja Da Da

Nature: Lonely
This is why I don't judge hackers by previous works :P (RARE USE OF SMILY!)

Anyway, that is probably the only smily I will use when describing any hack. I love this story, it is a more twisted, and less like the childhood Pokemon we know and love, but a more teenage story, which is what Nintendo seem to miss with Pokemon (and most frachises (except Zelda, and Metroid)). I love the red water, the huge evolution lines seem awesome! (But could be kinda... Well, weird to get used to!) I really love this idea, and... I dread to ask, but will any other Bugs appear other than Shuckle (which definitely deserves more Evos!)?

Man of Steel
He harbors no shame
Got cut a raw deal
But he holds no blame
Gone and forgot to feel
Numb for pretentious pain
As he spins the wheel
There's no loss nor no gain...

Nerves o
f Steel
He must remain
Even if it kills
To remember my name
A view to a thrill
Like Campari and Champagne
I'm on the rocks
Please tell me, What Is My Name?

Old December 10th, 2009, 10:04 AM
Vanitas~
Ink Blot

Nature: Bold
After reading the above post, I had a thought: since it takes some Pokemon a while to evolve, approximately what levels will the 3rd and 4th forms evolve for like the Totodile line? I mean, will it be like lv. 55 and then something like a stone evo? Just thought I'd throw it out there....
Old December 10th, 2009, 08:38 PM
Gary, the Magic Fairy

Okay, I'm having hell with tile inserting, so if anyone would like to take a shot at it, I'll throw you in as a character in the game or something.

Please, I'm about half an hour from ripping out my hair.

As for the evolution methods... a ? usually means that it evolves through some method other than level up, such as a stone. Not always, though. Sometimes I'm just too lazy to think up an appropriate level.
Old December 10th, 2009, 11:56 PM
Banjora Marxvile

Quote:
Okay, I'm having hell with tile inserting, so if anyone would like to take a shot at it, I'll throw you in as a character in the game or something.

Please, I'm about half an hour from ripping out my hair.

As for the evolution methods... a ? usually means that it evolves through some method other than level up, such as a stone. Not always, though. Sometimes I'm just too lazy to think up an appropriate level.
Hmm... I don't normally like working for hacks... Well, PM me the tiles, and I will see. Not a guarantee, but I will see if I can insert them or not. If not, I will messgae you straight away.

Man of Steel
He harbors no shame
Got cut a raw deal
But he holds no blame
Gone and forgot to feel
As he spins the wheel

Nerves o
f Steel
He must remain
Even if it kills
To remember my name
A view to a thrill
I'm on the rocks

Old December 11th, 2009, 12:32 AM
Tropical Sunlight
The Faltine

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tropical Sunlight
And if Deviation fails I can jump in

So Shuckle will evolve? 4 times? o.O
Well I wish you the best of luck with inserting so many Shuckle evolutions...
Old December 11th, 2009, 03:04 AM
Esper

As I read through the first post I got this feeling all over, a feeling I got when I first played pokemon and my Bulbasaur started to change and I realized there was a lot more to this game than I thought there was. You're opening up hacks to a whole new level. I wish I had looked into this sooner. I can't wait to see more.

deviantart blog pair
Old December 11th, 2009, 12:14 PM
Gary, the Magic Fairy

Oh wow, thanks guys. I already PM'ed ~Teh Panda~, because I saw the VM before these, so if that doesn't work out, I'll PM the next in line. XD
Old December 11th, 2009, 12:21 PM
Banjora Marxvile

Well, he is a good inserter, so if he accepts, I wish him luck. I really hope you get the Tile Inserter you want, and I hope the tiles are inserted soon, as I can't wait for screenshots.

Man of Steel
He harbors no shame
Got cut a raw deal
But he holds no blame
Gone and forgot to feel
As he spins the wheel

Nerves o
f Steel
He must remain
Even if it kills
To remember my name
A view to a thrill
I'm on the rocks

Old December 26th, 2009, 11:20 PM
Rabbit
where is my mind?

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to Rabbit Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Rabbit
Any luck with the inserting? (I know how you feel - I tried inserting a custom map and tileset into a ROM, thinking it would be easy, but gave up after a few hours. XD)

dreaming again
of a train track ending at the edge of the sea
Old December 27th, 2009, 03:18 PM
Alistair
Donator Tier 2

Nature: Quirky
To be honest, I am not in love with this storyline. While I am usually a sucker for anything involving sci-fi, disaster, or punk, adding to to Pokémon just seems to ruin it. The storyline also sounds like a slight rehash of 28 Weeks Later. While I liked the movie, a game like it just does not seem to be very... Playable. Just my thoughts, though. Obviously, a lot of other people like it.
Old December 27th, 2009, 03:40 PM
558122_DG
Learning how to make mistakes

@alistar--actually i find the story to be intriging and the special ideas seem to be original too. But like you said it's all taste and opinion

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old December 27th, 2009, 10:50 PM
Gary, the Magic Fairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
To be honest, I am not in love with this storyline. While I am usually a sucker for anything involving sci-fi, disaster, or punk, adding to to Pokémon just seems to ruin it. The storyline also sounds like a slight rehash of 28 Weeks Later. While I liked the movie, a game like it just does not seem to be very... Playable. Just my thoughts, though. Obviously, a lot of other people like it.
I've never seen 28 weeks later. Or I Am Legend, or any of the movies that it's been compared to so far, so.. sorry you feel that way.

Anyway, my Holiday Hiatus should be over January 2nd.

Trying to sort out the tile inserting situation.
Old December 27th, 2009, 11:55 PM
~Teh Panda~
Sea of Dreams - Redux

Quote:
I've never seen 28 weeks later. Or I Am Legend, or any of the movies that it's been compared to so far, so.. sorry you feel that way.

Anyway, my Holiday Hiatus should be over January 2nd.

Trying to sort out the tile inserting situation.
I sent you the indexed tiles O.o

Mystic still in work to let you know...
Old January 3rd, 2010, 10:57 PM
slim spazzy
Best Beta tester

Nature: Hasty
if i remeber cleary there is already a pokemon hack called aftermath

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old January 4th, 2010, 02:24 PM
Gary, the Magic Fairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sako View Post
if i remeber cleary there is already a pokemon hack called aftermath
1) I don't think so, I searched before I made this thread. (There was one called "pokemon aftermath", which I believe only lasted like a week back in 2006.)
2) Please show me this other hack, if I was wrong.
3) I don't care, because obviously it isn't still an active project, and I'm not changing the name.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links