The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Game Development Your number one stop for anything related to creating games (except ROM hacks). You can even make your own!


Advertise here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1    
Old November 13th, 2009, 02:17 PM
Maxedg8s's Avatar
Maxedg8s
Revisiting...
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed

Advertise here
Hey there, Maxedg8s here.

For some of you that use Poccil's Pokemon Essentials, you might have or have not used any battle animations in your fan games.

Luckily Poke' Essentials can import animations in the Animation Editor via editor.exe.

I've been experimenting on some attack sprites; I should have some good animations in the near future.



How to import animations:

1. First Download the .zip file to anywhere. (If you have a software like 7-zip or something else, skip to step 2)
2.The zip comes with 2 files, and maybe some sound files. The .anm file and the animation bitmap.
3. Extract the .anm file to the game file. (Example: Growl_Hero.anm) IT CANNOT BE PUT ANYWHERE ELSE.
4. Open up RMXP and import the animation bitmap (Example: Growl DP.png).
5. Now, either open up the debug menu from playtest or the editor.exe.
6. Open up the Animation editor -> More Commands -> Import Animation.
7. The .anm file should be on that list, simply open it.
8. Check to see if its the right animation and bitmap. Play the animation just to make sure.
9. Save and see the animation in action! :cer_boogie:



FAQ:

How does this help when making a game?
- It gives the game more life than crappy effects...

How do you make these?
- I spend hours making it, perfecting it, then Export the animation. With the animation, I add the animation bitmap.

I'm having trouble importing.
- Make sure you are using Poccil's Pokemon Essentials. If there's any more problems, PM me.

Can I edit the animation in any way?
- Sure! I often make mistakes so go ahead.

For the move Growl, do I add the SE Pokemon Cry?
- Err, no. Add a pokemon cry to the animation and every pkmn will use growl the same way. (Ex: A Pikachu Cry in the growl animation results for a onix growling like a pikachu.)

Have you tried the Status Up or Status Down effect?
- Working on it. (>'_')>

Can anyone submit a better version of a move?
- Sure! If you can make a better effect and like to share it, post it. That was another reason that I made this thread. :cer_boogie:

Is there a limit on frames for a animation?
- 200 frames.

Any more questions, PM me.

LOOK HERE!

The project is open for anyone to take over. I cant uphold it after having the constant errors and corrupting files.


Support the project?





-Maxedg8s



Last edited by Maxedg8s; March 9th, 2010 at 02:50 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2    
Old November 18th, 2009, 01:16 PM
Maxedg8s's Avatar
Maxedg8s
Revisiting...
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Huh.. I guess this project was a little lame...
Reply With Quote
  #3    
Old November 18th, 2009, 01:21 PM
Wind Gale's Avatar
Wind Gale
Lost With the Wind
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Nature: Careful
I think it was a good idea. I think more people would download it if they saw how it looked. Maybe provide a video or animation for it?
__________________
Pokémon Thieves Returning Soon!
Keep Your Eyes out for it in the Drawing Board!
Reply With Quote
  #4    
Old November 18th, 2009, 02:10 PM
Maxedg8s's Avatar
Maxedg8s
Revisiting...
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind Gale View Post
I think it was a good idea. I think more people would download it if they saw how it looked. Maybe provide a video or animation for it?

Ah, never thought of it. I need to make some more animations then make a video. :/
Reply With Quote
  #5    
Old November 21st, 2009, 09:40 AM
partyghoul2000's Avatar
partyghoul2000
Intermediate Game Designer
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: USA
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
personally, this is an awesome. i kinda wanted to start something like this awhile ago, but never got around to it. i have a few in my 4shared account (link in sig) that you can add here.
__________________

Check out my Super Gothic Bros hack here.
My ripped pokemon music in MP3 format can be found here.
My custom battle animations and whatnot can be found here.
Credit is expected, if used.
Reply With Quote
  #6    
Old November 23rd, 2009, 08:54 PM
help-14's Avatar
help-14
Trainer
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Viet Nam
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to help-14
I Have one : Blizzard
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mrL0urans8
__________________
My Deviantart: help-14.deviantart.com
Reply With Quote
  #7    
Old November 23rd, 2009, 10:23 PM
Luka S.J.'s Avatar
Luka S.J.
S.J.Ware HD
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by help-14 View Post
Way to go for stealing Kyledove's private battle background. Why don't you read what he posts first before using it, and don't get me even started on Raptor's battle menu. It would be a too big of a coincidence that it looks so alike.
__________________
[STOPPED][DEMO] Pokemon Blue Chrome
[DEVELOPING] S.J.Ware
[DEVELOPING] Tykanite

Last edited by Luka S.J.; November 24th, 2009 at 05:07 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #8    
Old November 23rd, 2009, 10:45 PM
Shikamaru88's Avatar
Shikamaru88
Back dont know if I will stay.
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luka S.J. View Post
Way to go for stealing Kyledove's private battle background. Why don't you read what he posts first before using it, and don't get me even started on Raptor's battle menu. I would be a too big of a coincidence that it looks so alike.
well first of all i dont think he stole anything, the raptor battle menu script was never released to the public(Atleast to my knowledge) 2nd hes just trying to show off animations which look awesome man i wish you kids would stfu and mind your own business this obviously isnt a project he's working on... maybe im wrong but you just accused him n bashed him with not much evidence but a simple video maybe try asking questions before you jump to conclusions... God it makes me so pissed when ppl do what you do....

If you dont have anything to say about the topic at hand then keep your comments to yourself....
__________________
COMING SOON!
Reply With Quote
  #9    
Old November 24th, 2009, 01:59 AM
Luka S.J.'s Avatar
Luka S.J.
S.J.Ware HD
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru88 View Post
well first of all i dont think he stole anything, the raptor battle menu script was never released to the public(Atleast to my knowledge) 2nd hes just trying to show off animations which look awesome man i wish you kids would stfu and mind your own business this obviously isnt a project he's working on... maybe im wrong but you just accused him n bashed him with not much evidence but a simple video maybe try asking questions before you jump to conclusions... God it makes me so pissed when ppl do what you do....

If you don't have anything to say about the topic at hand then keep your comments to yourself....
Now before we start mindlessly bashing each other with words, I'd like to know what your major malfunction is. Obviously you are ignorant in a way and are extremely slow on catching up on simple details. The whole Pokemon Raptor game was released to the public, the little detail was - it wasn't encrypted. But O.G. stated that he doesn't want people to take advantage of that. Now...unfortunately for you, I do have proof and it is in this little spoiler below.
Spoiler:

This is for the Raptor battle system (which has been minorly changed, but I thinks it's still obvious). For Kyledove's backgrounds click this (and read the comments below)
Now...unlike you, I am not dumb, and am also organized, and always have proof when I'm accusing someone. So please, don't try to get into a conflict with me, because you'll end up making yourself look stupid, and I'm sure you don't want that.

My point still stands, and his contents are stolen (even with the minor graphics change). You are right on one point though: I have nothing to contribute here and therefore I'll leave, but I will look out for people trying to steal anything from Raptor, since O.G. put a lot of hard time into it.
Next time......think first.
__________________
[STOPPED][DEMO] Pokemon Blue Chrome
[DEVELOPING] S.J.Ware
[DEVELOPING] Tykanite

Last edited by Luka S.J.; November 24th, 2009 at 05:02 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #10    
Old November 24th, 2009, 02:41 AM
12345's Avatar
12345
Sky
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to 12345
Well, help-14 can't online now, and he want to offer an apology to everyone.
Tomorrow, he will apologize to kyle, O.G and everyone.

About battle screen he got the idea from Raptor. That is really not good. :\
And Battle backgrounds of kyledove, as you said "Why don't you read what he posts first before using it" He didn't read it. He told me that he will remove them now and I hope everyone can forgive about his carelessness.

Anyway I like his Blizzard and that is the main content of his post. :D
__________________


Favorite Pokemon Game: GBA-Emerald, DS-Platinum, Dungeon-Red/Blue, Ranger - Guardian Signs
Reply With Quote
  #11    
Old November 24th, 2009, 02:52 AM
Luka S.J.'s Avatar
Luka S.J.
S.J.Ware HD
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12345 View Post
Well, help-14 can't online now, and he want to offer an apology to everyone.
Tomorrow, he will apologize to kyle, O.G and everyone.

About battle screen he got the idea from Raptor. That is really not good. :\
And Battle backgrounds of kyledove, as you said "Why don't you read what he posts first before using it" He didn't read it. He told me that he will remove them now and I hope everyone can forgive about his carelessness.

Anyway I like his Blizzard and that is the main content of his post. :D
I think we all appreciate that he saw the comments and taken them into account. As for the real animations, all of them are extremely good, and look very professional. I like Sheer Cold the most. Sorry I went bizarre but taking someone else's work is not really tolerable. Again, thank you for resolving that.
__________________
[STOPPED][DEMO] Pokemon Blue Chrome
[DEVELOPING] S.J.Ware
[DEVELOPING] Tykanite
Reply With Quote
  #12    
Old November 24th, 2009, 10:24 AM
Maxedg8s's Avatar
Maxedg8s
Revisiting...
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Alrighty, back from vacation!
(Kinda late, isn't it? LOL xD)

@ Help: This is mighty impressive. What I haven't thought of is making a larger animation to cover the field, so I give you Kudos. I'm not even on making SE's for animations.
Reply With Quote
  #13    
Old November 24th, 2009, 11:21 AM
Meowth's Avatar
Meowth
That's Right!
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: TEAM ROCKET WAREHOUSE
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Impish
Send a message via AIM to Meowth Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Meowth
This is an amazing project, and I fully support it. Battle Animations have been a pain to me in the past, so I've been putting them off for a while. Any and all people who contribute moves will be credited in Mewtwo Strikes Back!

EDIT: Yeah, still having the problem I used to have. I can save things in Editor.exe, and they'll work all fine and dandy until I close the program. When I restart it, things are reverted. Anyone know why?
__________________

Last edited by Meowth; November 24th, 2009 at 11:31 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #14    
Old November 24th, 2009, 11:50 AM
Maxedg8s's Avatar
Maxedg8s
Revisiting...
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
@ Meowth: Can you be a tiny bit more specific when you say "reverted"?
Reply With Quote
  #15    
Old November 24th, 2009, 12:34 PM
Shikamaru88's Avatar
Shikamaru88
Back dont know if I will stay.
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:

Now...unlike you, I am not dumb, and am also organized, and always have proof when I'm accusing someone. So please, don't try to get into a conflict with me, because you'll end up making yourself look stupid, and I'm sure you don't want that.
Lol your amusing that you think you could possibly make me look stupid... I never said the contents werent stolen(I said i didnt think, which means i wasn't sure) if you read my post its quite clear about that. And it was quite obvious he stole the meterial so what would pointing that out in this post accomplish? Nothing that PMing him couldnt accomplish, but instead you flame and bash him publicly making him feel bad n like an idiot. Now dont get me wrong i dont like stealing either but there are nicer was to ask some1 simply return what they have taken. Besides Im on a forum about pokemon so I really couldnt care less about what anyone thinks about me. This is just my hobby not my profession. All i was saying there are better ways to slove the problem... he was helpful to people trying to get a nice catapiller script as a NEW member, we should treat NEW members with some respect, he's NEW maybe he didnt know that he couldnt use the meterials(Which is obviously a Fact). Whatever this is pointless I just dont like you arrogant kids when you take this stuff too serious n lost respect for others.

In other news yes the blizzard looks amazing i'll be using it...
__________________
COMING SOON!
Reply With Quote
  #16    
Old November 24th, 2009, 01:25 PM
Meowth's Avatar
Meowth
That's Right!
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: TEAM ROCKET WAREHOUSE
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Impish
Send a message via AIM to Meowth Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Meowth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxedg8s View Post
@ Meowth: Can you be a tiny bit more specific when you say "reverted"?

Uh... thats pretty much exactly what it is. Like, Ill go in to edit something. Say I have it named EXAMPLE1 before messing with it. I can edit it, change it to EXAMPLE2, import over it, etc etc

Save, and itll be there if I go back into the editor. Unless I close the program. Then BAM! Its back to EXAMPLE1, exactly how it was before editing. Everything else works, I setup my trainers, metadata, etc etc through there all the time.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #17    
Old November 24th, 2009, 01:31 PM
Maxedg8s's Avatar
Maxedg8s
Revisiting...
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Odd.

Most things don't work over editor.exe or from the Debug menu. Try opening the project file in RMXP and edit it from Tools -> Database -> Tab: Animations. It's bound to work.
Reply With Quote
  #18    
Old November 24th, 2009, 04:49 PM
Meowth's Avatar
Meowth
That's Right!
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: TEAM ROCKET WAREHOUSE
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Impish
Send a message via AIM to Meowth Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Meowth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxedg8s View Post
Odd.

Most things don't work over editor.exe or from the Debug menu. Try opening the project file in RMXP and edit it from Tools -> Database -> Tab: Animations. It's bound to work.
True, but you cant import animations, right?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #19    
Old November 24th, 2009, 06:03 PM
Maxedg8s's Avatar
Maxedg8s
Revisiting...
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Ok. I just looked over everything!

First open up the Database Animation Editor. Then get an empty slot, name it for a Move/ Common/ Effect, set a number of frames, then load the bitmap. (To tell you the truth, I think you might not have to load the Bitmap, but try it still).

After that, open the move in editor.exe and import. The problem is that you submitted the move into the editor.exe by itself, not the game all together. RMXP must know the move in its database first before anything.

If this doesn't work, I got some work to do.....
Reply With Quote
  #20    
Old November 24th, 2009, 06:51 PM
Meowth's Avatar
Meowth
That's Right!
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: TEAM ROCKET WAREHOUSE
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Impish
Send a message via AIM to Meowth Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Meowth
Well a problem with the BLIZZARD could be that RMXP only allows up to 200 frames, and its 201... but that doesnt explain why it isnt saving.

Its not just this computer, I recently switched to a laptop from a PC with the same results.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #21    
Old November 24th, 2009, 08:53 PM
help-14's Avatar
help-14
Trainer
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Viet Nam
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to help-14
My Friend was send Kydove's Background to me so I Didn't know it is Private. I was send my apologize to Kydove and O.G. The Raptor battle system is all my false, I am very, very sorry. I was Remove it from my game. Thank Luca J.S, this is the first time i join non-Vietnamese Forum so i don't know a lot of things. This is a Big Experience for me.

Here is Sheer Cold: http://www.mediafire.com/?xkozk3ked3j
__________________
My Deviantart: help-14.deviantart.com

Last edited by help-14; November 25th, 2009 at 08:26 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #22    
Old November 24th, 2009, 10:21 PM
Alexandre's Avatar
Alexandre
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Age: 19
Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru88 View Post
Lol your amusing that you think you could possibly make me look stupid... I never said the contents werent stolen(I said i didnt think, which means i wasn't sure) if you read my post its quite clear about that. And it was quite obvious he stole the meterial so what would pointing that out in this post accomplish? Nothing that PMing him couldnt accomplish, but instead you flame and bash him publicly making him feel bad n like an idiot. Now dont get me wrong i dont like stealing either but there are nicer was to ask some1 simply return what they have taken. Besides Im on a forum about pokemon so I really couldnt care less about what anyone thinks about me. This is just my hobby not my profession. All i was saying there are better ways to slove the problem... he was helpful to people trying to get a nice catapiller script as a NEW member, we should treat NEW members with some respect, he's NEW maybe he didnt know that he couldnt use the meterials(Which is obviously a Fact). Whatever this is pointless I just dont like you arrogant kids when you take this stuff too serious n lost respect for others.

In other news yes the blizzard looks amazing i'll be using it...
I find it amusing that you refer to everyone around you as kids yet your spelling and grammar is absolutely appalling.
Reply With Quote
  #23    
Old November 25th, 2009, 12:56 AM
Shikamaru88's Avatar
Shikamaru88
Back dont know if I will stay.
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandre View Post
I find it amusing that you refer to everyone around you as kids yet your spelling and grammar is absolutely appalling.
This was childish ^ who cares bout spelling n grammar as long as you get my point...
__________________
COMING SOON!
Reply With Quote
  #24    
Old November 25th, 2009, 01:25 AM
Alexandre's Avatar
Alexandre
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Age: 19
Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru88 View Post
This was childish ^ who cares bout spelling n grammar as long as you get my point...
There are lots of people who care about spelling and grammar. I would rather read something and not liquefy my brain with leet speak. It takes no more than 1 second to extend your finger to type that extra letter to complete the word, so please do.
Reply With Quote
  #25    
Old November 25th, 2009, 09:09 AM
Maxedg8s's Avatar
Maxedg8s
Revisiting...
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
@ Meowth: Well I guess thats one reason the blizzard animation doesn't work. If its opened in editor.exe, it has no limit, yet it disappears later. I'm guessing thats a bug that wasn't resolved.

@ Help: If possible, can you fix the blizzard animation so it doesn't exceeds 200 frames? That'd be great. :D

Currently, I'm working on Stats Up/ Down and Swift. The thing about getting/ making attack sprite sheets are the spacing between the sprites.

Also, I might jump right into making a D/P/Plat version Confuse Ray attack. It seemed simple to make because I just need a circle sized gradient ball. Colors and size can be edited in the animation editor.

-Max
Reply With Quote
Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links


Advertise here
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 08:55 PM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.