Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups
Reload this Page PokéCommunity's Official Doctor Who Fan Club

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old January 2nd, 2010 (09:20 AM).
I'm Too Nice. Deal With It.
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quirky
Wow, I didn't realize PC had a Doctor Who FC. Count me in! :D

I just started the series relatively recently, but I've fallen for it.
Old January 2nd, 2010 (09:43 AM).
Dukcs
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by THIRTY-SIX:
Knew it was the old geezer that does him in. xD

tennant=10
matt=11
I actually thought he was going to shoot himself because I thought he was part of the prophecy so he would shoot himself and that's how he would die :O
Obviously I was wrong =/
Old January 2nd, 2010 (05:49 PM).
DESU.

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ArcanineOod
As I remember it, there can be 13 regenerations. Either that or twelve regenerations and thirteen Doctors. I reckon, though, that if DW stays as popular as it is now, they'll find a way to extend it. After all, the Timelords aren't around to enforce that rule any longer...
xX
Old January 3rd, 2010 (03:13 AM).
Your huckleberry friend

I watched The End of Time yesterday with my dad and we thought it was really good. My favorite bit was when Wilfred was telling the Doctor about his time in the war, and he says "we must look like insects to you", and then the Doctor says "I think you look like giants". Aah.

Also, I thought it was sad when the Doctor thought he'd survived because the Time Lords went away, but then he heard the four knocks and he looked so broken.

What light through yonder window breaks?
It is the East, and Joliet is the sun!
Old January 3rd, 2010 (03:55 AM).
Oui Oui Si Si Ja Ja Da Da

Nature: Lonely
Theory is 13 versions, as proven ages ago when the Master was dying (4th Doctor). He avoided it by melding with someone, I think... So, yeah, they will find a way to make it survive.

First impression of the new Doctor - I like him. He has a big burden, carrying on from David Tennant, and he seems to be able to do it, from them 20 seconds. Hope he does well!

Man of Steel
He harbors no shame
Got cut a raw deal
But he holds no blame
Gone and forgot to feel
Numb for pretentious pain
As he spins the wheel
There's no loss nor no gain...

Nerves o
f Steel
He must remain
Even if it kills
To remember my name
A view to a thrill
Like Campari and Champagne
I'm on the rocks
Please tell me, What Is My Name?

Old January 3rd, 2010 (03:59 AM).
Your huckleberry friend

There's a trailer for series 5 on Youtube

Trailer

Geronimo seems to be eleven's catchphrase. Also, the evil angel statues are back!

Old January 3rd, 2010 (04:54 AM).
Banned

Christopher Eccleston for the win. Would much prefer a future cameo from him than the more than likely Tennant.
Old January 3rd, 2010 (06:36 AM).
Dukcs
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by Jolene:
Also, the evil angel statues are back!
Hooray!
And this time hopefully it will be based on The Doctor and not other people =/
Old January 3rd, 2010 (12:04 PM).
Mentally Burning Rainbow.

Is it only me who thinks that matt Smith reminds me of Gordon Ramsay? I think it's the voice.
And I really don't like what he's wearing, he doesn't look cool like David did D:

Old January 3rd, 2010 (05:03 PM).
DESU.

Quote originally posted by Jolene:
Also, the evil angel statues are back!

I was totally going to watch that trailer until I saw this.
I have literally frozen in fear in my chair at the very thought of it. They cannot bring back the Weeping Angels. Those two disgraced timelords kneeling like that in the last episode was enough to scare me terribly, and then there was that two second clip in DW Confidential...
I actually can't watch Blink again, and I certainly never want to watch a new episode starring those terrifying creatures. I've barely stopped having nightmares since last time! D=

Words cannot describe how terrified I am of them. My hands are shaking now just at the prospect of seeing them again! I mean, Blink was enough to make me scared of the dark again; scared of not being able to see what's nearby and I jump ten feet in the air if the lights suddenly go out, especially if I'm on my own.
I mean, I can feel my heart rate rising and tears beginning to form behind my eyes, I'm that terrified.

What am I going to do? Skip an episode of Doctor Who? I can't do that! But at the same time, I really can't watch more Weeping Angels. I mean, I really. Can't. Ever again.
It sounds stupid, I know. And I've seen the men behind the masks, the behind the scene stuff. I know it's not real... And it's silly to be so terrified by a simple quantum locked alien... But I just can't help it.

I don't even have David Tennant on screen to comfort me anymore... ;_;

When I heard DT was leaving, I had doubts about whether I'd enjoy series 5 as much. When I saw a picture of Eleven, my doubts grew.
Now I know about this...
Well, I definitely know it won't be as enjoyable. ;_;

xX
Old January 3rd, 2010 (05:22 PM).
DESU.

I wonder if the Angels will have the same music as before... Or a similar sounding thing...
I bought the DW soundtracks and after a couple of days I deleted that track. It would come on and I'd remember the episode and become terrified again. XD

I'll watch the trailer tomorrow later today.
xX
Old January 3rd, 2010 (05:29 PM).
DESU.

Perhaps not the best time... I don't want to see the Lonely Assassins just before I go to sleep.

The new executive producer is the guy who wrote the scary stories... Steven Moffat, I think...

It'll probably get a lot scarier now. He wrote Blink, so it's natural he'd reuse his monsters.

xX
Old January 3rd, 2010 (05:36 PM).
DESU.

Well, there was quite a bit of humour in Blink...

It was series 3. With Martha the adultress.
xX
Old January 3rd, 2010 (05:43 PM).
DESU.

Rose and Donna wouldn't have let the Doctor do something as foolish as fall in love with Joan Redfern while he was a human. I always found them stronger and more likeable characters.

Plus they don't make a fuss about being engaged to a hunky man then suddebly for no reason end up married to someone else with no mention of her supposed fiance. =_=

xX
Old January 4th, 2010 (05:59 AM).
The Raggedy Doctor
Silver Tier

If I read right, Moffat is also good at making funny episodes. He wrote the Comic Relief parody - The Curse of Fatal Death - I saw it on the net the other day and I found it very funny. It'll probably be on Youtube somewhere too.

So for all we know, we could see some rather comedic episodes to come too.

My Pair/Bow ties are cool

All Friend Codes - Add as 'Glyn'
Diamond: 2663-9763-5037|Platinum: 1634-6624-8742|SoulSilver: 0346-1722-8041|
|White: 0218-2733-2414|White 2: 3397-1978-8150|
Old January 4th, 2010 (09:31 AM).
Your huckleberry friend

Quote originally posted by .Wolfie-kun.:
If I read right, Moffat is also good at making funny episodes. He wrote the Comic Relief parody - The Curse of Fatal Death - I saw it on the net the other day and I found it very funny. It'll probably be on Youtube somewhere too.
I've seen that too. It's great! According to Wikipedia, Steven Moffat used to write sitcoms, so there will probably be some funny lines in his scripts.

Also, I think that River Song was in that trailer but with different hair.

And there are rumors that Neil Gaiman has written an episode! Neil Gaiman! If you don't know who that is, he wrote Coraline and Stardust and American Gods. He's practically a god himself, of the fantasy genre.

Old January 4th, 2010 (10:06 AM).
Mentally Burning Rainbow.

Quote originally posted by ArcanineOod:

I was totally going to watch that trailer until I saw this.
I have literally frozen in fear in my chair at the very thought of it. They cannot bring back the Weeping Angels. Those two disgraced timelords kneeling like that in the last episode was enough to scare me terribly, and then there was that two second clip in DW Confidential...
I actually can't watch Blink again, and I certainly never want to watch a new episode starring those terrifying creatures. I've barely stopped having nightmares since last time! D=

Words cannot describe how terrified I am of them. My hands are shaking now just at the prospect of seeing them again! I mean, Blink was enough to make me scared of the dark again; scared of not being able to see what's nearby and I jump ten feet in the air if the lights suddenly go out, especially if I'm on my own.
I mean, I can feel my heart rate rising and tears beginning to form behind my eyes, I'm that terrified.

What am I going to do? Skip an episode of Doctor Who? I can't do that! But at the same time, I really can't watch more Weeping Angels. I mean, I really. Can't. Ever again.
It sounds stupid, I know. And I've seen the men behind the masks, the behind the scene stuff. I know it's not real... And it's silly to be so terrified by a simple quantum locked alien... But I just can't help it.

I don't even have David Tennant on screen to comfort me anymore... ;_;

When I heard DT was leaving, I had doubts about whether I'd enjoy series 5 as much. When I saw a picture of Eleven, my doubts grew.
Now I know about this...
Well, I definitely know it won't be as enjoyable. ;_;

xX
Yeah I know, I still jumped watching that episode a second time knowing what was coming and when :x.
Also here's a screenshot of the angles from the trailer.
Still scary.
Spoiler:

Old January 4th, 2010 (01:38 PM).
Scientist Salarian

Nature: Quirky
Blink terrified me too. D; I remember watching the episode whilst home alone, and when the lights started flashing near the end, someone came home through the back door and the fish tank light simultaneously flickered. .___.;

Old January 4th, 2010 (03:36 PM).
DESU.

Glad to see I'm not the only one... Not that I'm glad you lot are scared, of course! XD

Against better judgement, I opened that spoiler. I'd already seen the trailer. I thought that perhaps if I looked at it, it would be like immersion therapy. Look at it long enough and it won't seem so scary.
I was wrong ;_;

Now I'm terrified again. If I ever meet Steven Moffat, I will punch him. Not very hard, of course. Just perhaps on the arm or the shoulder, then explain how much his creations have traumatised me. I will make him apologise.

This brings me onto a new topic:
I personally really want to meet Russell T Davies and give him a big hug and thank him endlessly for reviving DW. But there are some DW fans who absolutely hate him and think he should be crucified or whatever for destroying DW.
Where do you lot stand?

xX
Old January 14th, 2010 (12:30 PM).
The Raggedy Doctor
Silver Tier

I've started buying box sets (DT ones first) since they apparently said Series 5 was going to be called Series 1. My Series 2 box set finally arrived yesterday a week after I ordered it (With the weather, it's understandable). And I just so happened to watch said episode in which xXI Joe IXx mentioned. I can see what you mean with it, I still miss him ;_;

I do plan on getting 3 and 4 and then the specials - maybe Series 1 before these due to what I mentioned above, for all I we know - it could mean the existing Series 1 could be phased out for it.

Also, I've started getting into the older Who's - with Peter Davison being one of the Doctors growing on me in particular. I may start getting some of the older DVDs as villains wise I thought ones such as The Rani was actually pretty awesome :3

Any news on a proper air date for Series 5? (I refuse to name it Series 1 >.>) or is it still just Spring 2010?

My Pair/Bow ties are cool

All Friend Codes - Add as 'Glyn'
Diamond: 2663-9763-5037|Platinum: 1634-6624-8742|SoulSilver: 0346-1722-8041|
|White: 0218-2733-2414|White 2: 3397-1978-8150|
Old January 15th, 2010 (06:21 AM).
Banned

Well I don't particularly care what season they call it. It is a new writer / directer / w/e.

Doctor Who
Doctor Who 2005
Doctor Who 2010

Sounds a lot more futuristic.
Old January 15th, 2010 (07:16 AM).
Your huckleberry friend

Russell T Davies made The Doctor's character more interesting by killing off the Time Lords, because that made him more vulnerable and emotional. But I think that if The Doctor keeps talking about the Time War, it will lose its emotional impact. I hope that Steven Moffat's episodes don't reference the Time War too much, but I think that some other bad thing should happen to The Doctor which will take his character in another direction. Like he could adopt a space puppy who gets killed by Davros.

Old January 15th, 2010 (08:00 AM).
Dukcs
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by xXI JOE IXx:
Well, I don't like the old ones as much, Russell did a great job of reviving the series.
Also, quick thing, I just watched David Tennants first episode, he was so much more funny than he was in others!
Seriously guys, watch this
"AI DON'T KNOOOOW!"
Lul..
Well, I do think that The Doctor did get more lonely and moar sad as the episodes went on =/
Old January 15th, 2010 (10:33 AM).
Dukcs
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by xXI JOE IXx:
AI ALSO DONT KNOOOOOW!!!!

Yeah, seems he did.
He started to get Miserable after Rose left.

Classic, I'm gonna Miss Tennant
Yes, well Rose was probably the companion he felt most comfortable with, the other he tried to avoid after Rose had gone =/
Lawl, marmalade =3
Old January 16th, 2010 (10:19 AM).
I've got new kidneys!
Silver Tier

Location: The planet Gallifrey in the constellation of Kasterborous
Nature: Adamant
*coughcoughAddmepleasecoughcough*

I've been here 6 years... Wow I'm old.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links