The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 9th, 2009, 07:04 PM
Erick
It's been a long time!

Nature: Adamant
Magnificent effort, you're awesome!
I love the graphics and the colours.
The backgrounds are okay. :]
But I don't like the new overworld, I prefered the green one.
Anyway, good luck! :]
Old December 10th, 2009, 11:16 AM
The Dewitty
Developing an awesome game.

Nature: Sassy
The overworld has been changed now. Got a more.. awake look.
Be sure to keep an eye on some updates.

~Ledyba~
Old December 10th, 2009, 05:19 PM
POKEMONMASTER260

Just as a suggestion, I don't think you should be using those RSE elements you're using in battles. It would probably be better to remake them.
I don't use, "uber," Pokemon, I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.
Old December 10th, 2009, 07:23 PM
nroug7
Beginning Trainer

Hey after you beat we beat the game, could you make it we can join a team (magma or aqua, or both) and like, have ranks, and then like we can trade points for fire (magma) or water (aqua) pokemon with lugia and suicuine being the ultimate reward for team aqua and ho-oh and entei being the ultimate reward for team magma? i have a list of how it could work, but thats just a base idea.
Old December 10th, 2009, 11:59 PM
The Dewitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by POKEMONMASTER260 View Post
Just as a suggestion, I don't think you should be using those RSE elements you're using in battles. It would probably be better to remake them.
Yeah, I was going to do that anyway.

Quote:
Hey after you beat we beat the game, could you make it we can join a team (magma or aqua, or both) and like, have ranks, and then like we can trade points for fire (magma) or water (aqua) pokemon with lugia and suicuine being the ultimate reward for team aqua and ho-oh and entei being the ultimate reward for team magma? i have a list of how it could work, but thats just a base idea.
Umm.. say what? At the end of the game magma and aqua are sort of.. canceled. Though, you'll get trouble with team Rocket

~Ledyba~
Old December 11th, 2009, 12:48 AM
Luka S.J.
S.J.Ware HD

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by nroug7 View Post
Also one thing to remember, this is his game. He can carry out his game, his plans, and his visions in any way he wants. Fangames that people are making in their own free time, are usually to their wants, and not just requests from one person that would like to play a game according to their wants. If you want a game with you being a part of team magma and aqua, that is fine, but if you want it - you will have to make it yourself. It is really irritating when random people just randomly spam your thread with various requests and nonsense like: "I want you to release the game so I can play it" or "I always wanted a game with this, this and this...now put it in". Just put yourself in the developer's position, and try to see how irritating posts like that are. Some people that would get attacked by spams like that, would just quit and run away. Post some constructive comments, like how to make the systems better, or maps and graphics. Post when you want to offer some help.
I see that you have many ideas (from the posts in other threads) so why don't you start in game development yourself. If you have ideas, and so badly want them there isn't much point in demanding it in other people's games, it is better just to make it yourself (and it's easier too).

@Dew:
With that aside...the game looks good. I like the tiles, though the Pokemon Lab in Littleroot, looks a bit weird (the extension on it's left side). The color palettes are good and the overall structure of the buildings. I like the fact that they look fresh and modern. And like someone said before, May's sprite looked better when it was green. Also...try to make the battle backgrounds a bit more pixelated, because the pixelated enemy and player bases just clash a bit with the battle background, throwing it a bit out of balance, though you should stick to the battle backgrounds you have now
Old December 11th, 2009, 02:09 AM
Peeky Chew
Master of Palettes

The old May sprite, in my opinion looked a lot better. But that isn't saying you should get rid of the red one all together, maybe have an option at the start where you can choose either of them? I don't think the battle backgrounds look too un pixelly, after all they are of course the same amount of pixels as any other backghround would be. But maybe that's just becuase I've had a better look at them

Demo Beta out Now!

Old December 11th, 2009, 07:26 AM
The Dewitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luka S.J. View Post
Also one thing to remember, this is his game. He can carry out his game, his plans, and his visions in any way he wants. Fangames that people are making in their own free time, are usually to their wants, and not just requests from one person that would like to play a game according to their wants. If you want a game with you being a part of team magma and aqua, that is fine, but if you want it - you will have to make it yourself. It is really irritating when random people just randomly spam your thread with various requests and nonsense like: "I want you to release the game so I can play it" or "I always wanted a game with this, this and this...now put it in". Just put yourself in the developer's position, and try to see how irritating posts like that are. Some people that would get attacked by spams like that, would just quit and run away. Post some constructive comments, like how to make the systems better, or maps and graphics. Post when you want to offer some help.
I see that you have many ideas (from the posts in other threads) so why don't you start in game development yourself. If you have ideas, and so badly want them there isn't much point in demanding it in other people's games, it is better just to make it yourself (and it's easier too).

@Dew:
With that aside...the game looks good. I like the tiles, though the Pokemon Lab in Littleroot, looks a bit weird (the extension on it's left side). The color palettes are good and the overall structure of the buildings. I like the fact that they look fresh and modern. And like someone said before, May's sprite looked better when it was green. Also...try to make the battle backgrounds a bit more pixelated, because the pixelated enemy and player bases just clash a bit with the battle background, throwing it a bit out of balance, though you should stick to the battle backgrounds you have now
Hey Luka, thanks for you reaction, but I'm always open to an idea. The idea seemed fine to me, but.. nah. Though, glad you like the game. It's also funny that tons of people really liked the Littleroot lab, but everyone has his own opinion.

~Ledyba~

Last edited by The Dewitty; December 11th, 2009 at 11:22 AM.
Old December 11th, 2009, 02:50 PM
nroug7
Beginning Trainer

yeah sorry meant to make it more of a suggestion then a "HEY PUT THIS IN THE GAME" Lol, i should say i did have a list, which i could recreate but it took 4 hours to put together lol.

Anyways it will be good to see a remake of emerald

oh and one last thing luka

Fangames that people are making in their own free time, are usually to their wants, and not just requests from one person that would like to play a game according to their wants - luka i gurantee you, if you call yourself a game developer then you must be sorely mistaken, a game developer just dosent create what only HE wants - a game developers main decisions are to effect how it appeals to the audience. after all what do you call a game that is only enjoyable for the creater, and not the fans? to create a good game, he must burrow ideas

Last edited by nroug7; December 11th, 2009 at 03:02 PM.
Old December 11th, 2009, 02:52 PM
FlaafyFTW
Researcher of Orange Lore

Ah i just wanna wish you luck and i hope this project continues all the way - Hoenn is one of my Favourite Regions =D

Instagram & Tumblr: makoheart
Old December 12th, 2009, 01:37 AM
The Dewitty

@Nroug, no, I know it was just an idea. Unfortunately, I'm not gonna use it. Though, other new, cool features will be in the game.
@FlaaffyFTW, thanx

~Ledyba~
Old December 13th, 2009, 05:55 AM
The Dewitty

Woohoo! Update completed!

~Ledyba~
Old December 13th, 2009, 07:18 AM
V0RT3X
Scientist at fluid dynamics

Nature: Bashful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dew View Post
Woohoo! Update completed!
And what is the new update ???

Old December 13th, 2009, 08:00 AM
Wind Gale
Lost With the Wind

Nature: Careful
It is on the first post. He updated the plot.

I like how it starts. It sounds really interesting.
Old December 14th, 2009, 10:49 PM
The Dewitty

Screenshots will follow soon also. I finished the new overworlds of the heroes and be mapping Rustboro City soon.

~Ledyba~
Old December 16th, 2009, 01:19 PM
The Dewitty

And there are the screenshots. Look at them in the showcase.

~Ledyba~
Old December 16th, 2009, 01:24 PM
Peeky Chew
Master of Palettes

Animation is quite annoying but I suppose people will like it.
The screens look great, the cloud effect works well. Also good to see May is green again.

Demo Beta out Now!

Old December 16th, 2009, 01:55 PM
The Dewitty

I used the animation not to take that much space. The May sprite is green again indeed, but totally different from the old one. Glad you like it.

~Ledyba~
Old December 18th, 2009, 03:56 AM
~Gary~
PSN: xAzureZePhYr.

Nature: Modest
a very nice hack i would like 2 recomend it 2 aLL my friends and all the members
Old December 18th, 2009, 05:16 AM
The Dewitty

Thank you, but it isn't a hack. It is made with Poccil's Pokémon Starter kit for RPGXP.

~Ledyba~
Old December 18th, 2009, 06:01 AM
Peeky Chew
Master of Palettes

Awesome new logo, not requested?! The only bit I don't like as much is the Pokeball instead of the o, doesn't really fit in, in my opinion.

Demo Beta out Now!

Old December 18th, 2009, 07:38 AM
zephern
Finishing up school, hacking

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peeky Chew View Post
Awesome new logo, not requested?! The only bit I don't like as much is the Pokeball instead of the o, doesn't really fit in, in my opinion.
Why not? It makes it unique.

And LOVING the new screenies, btw. You made them animated. :D

"Qué carajo estas haciendo aquí? ¡Largate, cabron!"

Spoiler:

After my return to PC, I've planned on starting a new project.
The end results will be shocking, nonetheless..
Old December 18th, 2009, 08:42 AM
The Dewitty

Thank you all, but the credit for the logo goes to FMP. And, remember, as soon as I finished Rustboro City I'll PROMISE you guys FIFTEEN(!) screenshots.
Greets.

~Ledyba~
Old December 18th, 2009, 10:04 AM
zephern
Finishing up school, hacking

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dew View Post
Thank you all, but the credit for the logo goes to FMP. And, remember, as soon as I finished Rustboro City I'll PROMISE you guys FIFTEEN(!) screenshots. :)
Greets.
Fifteen? Sounds promising.
Looking forward to Rustboro. :]

"Qué carajo estas haciendo aquí? ¡Largate, cabron!"

Spoiler:

After my return to PC, I've planned on starting a new project.
The end results will be shocking, nonetheless..
Old December 18th, 2009, 02:49 PM
V0RT3X
Scientist at fluid dynamics

Nature: Bashful
I don't want to be a pain in the ass, but is may walking on the grass instaid of trough the grass?

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links