The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.


Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #101    
Old December 9th, 2009, 07:04 PM
Erick's Avatar
Erick
It's been a long time!
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Mexico City
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Magnificent effort, you're awesome!
I love the graphics and the colours.
The backgrounds are okay. :]
But I don't like the new overworld, I prefered the green one.
Anyway, good luck! :]
  #102    
Old December 10th, 2009, 11:16 AM
The Dewitty's Avatar
The Dewitty
Developing an awesome game.
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Netherlands
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Sassy
The overworld has been changed now. Got a more.. awake look.
Be sure to keep an eye on some updates.
__________________

~Ledyba~
  #103    
Old December 10th, 2009, 05:19 PM
POKEMONMASTER260
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Just as a suggestion, I don't think you should be using those RSE elements you're using in battles. It would probably be better to remake them.
__________________
I don't use, "uber," Pokemon, I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.
  #104    
Old December 10th, 2009, 07:23 PM
nroug7
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Hey after you beat we beat the game, could you make it we can join a team (magma or aqua, or both) and like, have ranks, and then like we can trade points for fire (magma) or water (aqua) pokemon with lugia and suicuine being the ultimate reward for team aqua and ho-oh and entei being the ultimate reward for team magma? i have a list of how it could work, but thats just a base idea.
  #105    
Old December 10th, 2009, 11:59 PM
The Dewitty's Avatar
The Dewitty
Developing an awesome game.
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Netherlands
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by POKEMONMASTER260 View Post
Just as a suggestion, I don't think you should be using those RSE elements you're using in battles. It would probably be better to remake them.
Yeah, I was going to do that anyway.

Quote:
Hey after you beat we beat the game, could you make it we can join a team (magma or aqua, or both) and like, have ranks, and then like we can trade points for fire (magma) or water (aqua) pokemon with lugia and suicuine being the ultimate reward for team aqua and ho-oh and entei being the ultimate reward for team magma? i have a list of how it could work, but thats just a base idea.
Umm.. say what? At the end of the game magma and aqua are sort of.. canceled. Though, you'll get trouble with team Rocket
__________________

~Ledyba~
  #106    
Old December 11th, 2009, 12:48 AM
Luka S.J.'s Avatar
Luka S.J.
S.J.Ware HD
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by nroug7 View Post
Hey after you beat we beat the game, could you make it we can join a team (magma or aqua, or both) and like, have ranks, and then like we can trade points for fire (magma) or water (aqua) pokemon with lugia and suicuine being the ultimate reward for team aqua and ho-oh and entei being the ultimate reward for team magma? i have a list of how it could work, but thats just a base idea.
Also one thing to remember, this is his game. He can carry out his game, his plans, and his visions in any way he wants. Fangames that people are making in their own free time, are usually to their wants, and not just requests from one person that would like to play a game according to their wants. If you want a game with you being a part of team magma and aqua, that is fine, but if you want it - you will have to make it yourself. It is really irritating when random people just randomly spam your thread with various requests and nonsense like: "I want you to release the game so I can play it" or "I always wanted a game with this, this and this...now put it in". Just put yourself in the developer's position, and try to see how irritating posts like that are. Some people that would get attacked by spams like that, would just quit and run away. Post some constructive comments, like how to make the systems better, or maps and graphics. Post when you want to offer some help.
I see that you have many ideas (from the posts in other threads) so why don't you start in game development yourself. If you have ideas, and so badly want them there isn't much point in demanding it in other people's games, it is better just to make it yourself (and it's easier too).

@Dew:
With that aside...the game looks good. I like the tiles, though the Pokemon Lab in Littleroot, looks a bit weird (the extension on it's left side). The color palettes are good and the overall structure of the buildings. I like the fact that they look fresh and modern. And like someone said before, May's sprite looked better when it was green. Also...try to make the battle backgrounds a bit more pixelated, because the pixelated enemy and player bases just clash a bit with the battle background, throwing it a bit out of balance, though you should stick to the battle backgrounds you have now
__________________
[STOPPED][DEMO] Pokemon Blue Chrome
[DEVELOPING] S.J.Ware
[DEVELOPING] Tykanite
  #107    
Old December 11th, 2009, 02:09 AM
Peeky Chew's Avatar
Peeky Chew
Master of Palettes
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Great Britain
Age: 20
Gender: Male
The old May sprite, in my opinion looked a lot better. But that isn't saying you should get rid of the red one all together, maybe have an option at the start where you can choose either of them? I don't think the battle backgrounds look too un pixelly, after all they are of course the same amount of pixels as any other backghround would be. But maybe that's just becuase I've had a better look at them
__________________



Demo Beta out Now!

  #108    
Old December 11th, 2009, 07:26 AM
The Dewitty's Avatar
The Dewitty
Developing an awesome game.
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Netherlands
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luka S.J. View Post
Also one thing to remember, this is his game. He can carry out his game, his plans, and his visions in any way he wants. Fangames that people are making in their own free time, are usually to their wants, and not just requests from one person that would like to play a game according to their wants. If you want a game with you being a part of team magma and aqua, that is fine, but if you want it - you will have to make it yourself. It is really irritating when random people just randomly spam your thread with various requests and nonsense like: "I want you to release the game so I can play it" or "I always wanted a game with this, this and this...now put it in". Just put yourself in the developer's position, and try to see how irritating posts like that are. Some people that would get attacked by spams like that, would just quit and run away. Post some constructive comments, like how to make the systems better, or maps and graphics. Post when you want to offer some help.
I see that you have many ideas (from the posts in other threads) so why don't you start in game development yourself. If you have ideas, and so badly want them there isn't much point in demanding it in other people's games, it is better just to make it yourself (and it's easier too).

@Dew:
With that aside...the game looks good. I like the tiles, though the Pokemon Lab in Littleroot, looks a bit weird (the extension on it's left side). The color palettes are good and the overall structure of the buildings. I like the fact that they look fresh and modern. And like someone said before, May's sprite looked better when it was green. Also...try to make the battle backgrounds a bit more pixelated, because the pixelated enemy and player bases just clash a bit with the battle background, throwing it a bit out of balance, though you should stick to the battle backgrounds you have now
Hey Luka, thanks for you reaction, but I'm always open to an idea. The idea seemed fine to me, but.. nah. Though, glad you like the game. It's also funny that tons of people really liked the Littleroot lab, but everyone has his own opinion.
__________________

~Ledyba~

Last edited by The Dewitty; December 11th, 2009 at 11:22 AM.
  #109    
Old December 11th, 2009, 02:50 PM
nroug7
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
yeah sorry meant to make it more of a suggestion then a "HEY PUT THIS IN THE GAME" Lol, i should say i did have a list, which i could recreate but it took 4 hours to put together lol.

Anyways it will be good to see a remake of emerald

oh and one last thing luka

Fangames that people are making in their own free time, are usually to their wants, and not just requests from one person that would like to play a game according to their wants - luka i gurantee you, if you call yourself a game developer then you must be sorely mistaken, a game developer just dosent create what only HE wants - a game developers main decisions are to effect how it appeals to the audience. after all what do you call a game that is only enjoyable for the creater, and not the fans? to create a good game, he must burrow ideas

Last edited by nroug7; December 11th, 2009 at 03:02 PM.
  #110    
Old December 11th, 2009, 02:52 PM
FlaafyFTW's Avatar
FlaafyFTW
Researcher of Orange Lore
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Silph Co.
Gender: Male
Ah i just wanna wish you luck and i hope this project continues all the way - Hoenn is one of my Favourite Regions =D
__________________
Catch 'em, catch 'em, gotta catch 'em all; gotta catch 'em all - Pokemon!

Instagram & Tumblr: makoheart
  #111    
Old December 12th, 2009, 01:37 AM
The Dewitty's Avatar
The Dewitty
Developing an awesome game.
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Netherlands
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Sassy
@Nroug, no, I know it was just an idea. Unfortunately, I'm not gonna use it. Though, other new, cool features will be in the game.
@FlaaffyFTW, thanx
__________________

~Ledyba~
  #112    
Old December 13th, 2009, 05:55 AM
The Dewitty's Avatar
The Dewitty
Developing an awesome game.
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Netherlands
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Sassy
Woohoo! Update completed!
__________________

~Ledyba~
  #113    
Old December 13th, 2009, 07:18 AM
V0RT3X's Avatar
V0RT3X
Scientist at fluid dynamics
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Gender: Male
Nature: Bashful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dew View Post
Woohoo! Update completed!
And what is the new update ???
__________________




  #114    
Old December 13th, 2009, 08:00 AM
Wind Gale's Avatar
Wind Gale
Lost With the Wind
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Nature: Careful
It is on the first post. He updated the plot.

I like how it starts. It sounds really interesting.
__________________
Pokémon Thieves Returning Soon!
Keep Your Eyes out for it in the Drawing Board!
  #115    
Old December 14th, 2009, 10:49 PM
The Dewitty's Avatar
The Dewitty
Developing an awesome game.
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Netherlands
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Sassy
Screenshots will follow soon also. I finished the new overworlds of the heroes and be mapping Rustboro City soon.
__________________

~Ledyba~
  #116    
Old December 16th, 2009, 01:19 PM
The Dewitty's Avatar
The Dewitty
Developing an awesome game.
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Netherlands
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Sassy
And there are the screenshots. Look at them in the showcase.
__________________

~Ledyba~
  #117    
Old December 16th, 2009, 01:24 PM
Peeky Chew's Avatar
Peeky Chew
Master of Palettes
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Great Britain
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Animation is quite annoying but I suppose people will like it.
The screens look great, the cloud effect works well. Also good to see May is green again.
__________________



Demo Beta out Now!

  #118    
Old December 16th, 2009, 01:55 PM
The Dewitty's Avatar
The Dewitty
Developing an awesome game.
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Netherlands
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Sassy
I used the animation not to take that much space. The May sprite is green again indeed, but totally different from the old one. Glad you like it.
__________________

~Ledyba~
  #119    
Old December 18th, 2009, 03:56 AM
~Gary~'s Avatar
~Gary~
PSN: xAzureZePhYr.
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: INDIA. deal with it!
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
a very nice hack i would like 2 recomend it 2 aLL my friends and all the members
__________________
  #120    
Old December 18th, 2009, 05:16 AM
The Dewitty's Avatar
The Dewitty
Developing an awesome game.
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Netherlands
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Sassy
Thank you, but it isn't a hack. It is made with Poccil's Pokémon Starter kit for RPGXP.
__________________

~Ledyba~
  #121    
Old December 18th, 2009, 06:01 AM
Peeky Chew's Avatar
Peeky Chew
Master of Palettes
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Great Britain
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Awesome new logo, not requested?! The only bit I don't like as much is the Pokeball instead of the o, doesn't really fit in, in my opinion.
__________________



Demo Beta out Now!

  #122    
Old December 18th, 2009, 07:38 AM
zephern's Avatar
zephern
Finishing up school, hacking
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Satan City
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peeky Chew View Post
Awesome new logo, not requested?! The only bit I don't like as much is the Pokeball instead of the o, doesn't really fit in, in my opinion.
Why not? It makes it unique.

And LOVING the new screenies, btw. You made them animated. :D
__________________


"Qué carajo estas haciendo aquí? ¡Largate, cabron!"

Spoiler:

After my return to PC, I've planned on starting a new project.
The end results will be shocking, nonetheless..
  #123    
Old December 18th, 2009, 08:42 AM
The Dewitty's Avatar
The Dewitty
Developing an awesome game.
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Netherlands
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Sassy
Thank you all, but the credit for the logo goes to FMP. And, remember, as soon as I finished Rustboro City I'll PROMISE you guys FIFTEEN(!) screenshots.
Greets.
__________________

~Ledyba~
  #124    
Old December 18th, 2009, 10:04 AM
zephern's Avatar
zephern
Finishing up school, hacking
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Satan City
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dew View Post
Thank you all, but the credit for the logo goes to FMP. And, remember, as soon as I finished Rustboro City I'll PROMISE you guys FIFTEEN(!) screenshots. :)
Greets.
Fifteen? Sounds promising.
Looking forward to Rustboro. :]
__________________


"Qué carajo estas haciendo aquí? ¡Largate, cabron!"

Spoiler:

After my return to PC, I've planned on starting a new project.
The end results will be shocking, nonetheless..
  #125    
Old December 18th, 2009, 02:49 PM
V0RT3X's Avatar
V0RT3X
Scientist at fluid dynamics
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Gender: Male
Nature: Bashful
I don't want to be a pain in the ass, but is may walking on the grass instaid of trough the grass?
__________________




Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 06:33 PM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.