The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Keeping up with the upcoming and currently airing Japanese and English episodes? This is where you can discuss each of the episodes respectively.

Advertise here

View Poll Results: Did you like the movie?
Yes 10 83.33%
No 2 16.67%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 11th, 2010, 02:11 PM
Vernikova
Booted out - don't be like me!

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuoaman
Film may be a visual medium, but I think plot is far more important than animation/appearance.
I wasn't being serious. Dur.

Last edited by Vernikova; July 15th, 2010 at 04:12 PM. Reason: Crossin' my fingers
Old July 19th, 2010, 07:38 AM
solaris knight
Phantom ESP'er

How long does it usually take for pokémon movies to be put to DVD?
Old July 19th, 2010, 09:43 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~
Quote:
Originally Posted by solaris knight View Post
How long does it usually take for pokémon movies to be put to DVD?
Well the movie was only just released in the cinemas so don't exspect the DVD to come out any time soon... it should take as long as any other movie would... I would estimate about maybe 3-6 months?

Old July 19th, 2010, 12:09 PM
Vernikova

The DVD will come out in late-December most likely. The other DVD's were released at around that time.
Old July 19th, 2010, 06:01 PM
fenyx4
X does Y WITH AUTHORITY!

Nature: Timid
Um, I haven't seen the actual movie, but from what I understand, the "Lugia vs. Ho-oh" battle wasn't featured at all. So not cool. I took it as a nice reference to the long-awaited release of HGSS. Plus, they're the only legendary mascots who haven't clashed... Seriously, that clip was one of the main reasons I was hyped for this movie - to see a Lugia vs Ho-oh free-for-all. Anyway, I'll wait for the dub version to come out...
Old July 20th, 2010, 08:53 AM
Gumball Watterson
"79% of stair accidents happen on stairs."
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
I'd feel sorry for people expecting the Lugia-Ho-oh MMA match, but seriously, why the high expectations?

Remember Ash riding Pidgeot? Ranger controlling Kyogre, look at the front of Movie 9 and Ash should be riding a boat with a communication device. When did that happen in the movie? Yeah.

So you seriously expected an MMA match with stunts like these pulled before?
Old August 6th, 2010, 05:43 PM
Matt.K
Beginning Trainer

Apparently the Zoroark movie aired on the 10th of July (Am I right?), and I have seen NO summaries, NO clips OR info (except for trailers).... NOTHING. You'd think that Bulbapedia of all sites would update their article on the movie, but it shows nothing except for a basic summary. Is it just me or is the "10th of July" date a big hoax? I'm dying to know the plot of the movie (since it'll take forever for it to get to Australia), so can anyone give me a full plot summary, or direct me to a website that has one?
Old August 6th, 2010, 06:23 PM
Vernikova

It did air on that date but no one has decided to write a complete summary for it. Too bad for you I guess.
Old August 9th, 2010, 02:48 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

^ Too bad for everyone really Pokebeach said it was rubbish though... but I would watch it yourself first!
I wonder if they will have the BW trailer on the DVD... I might preorder it if I can :D Anyone know where I can?

Old August 12th, 2010, 10:38 PM
The S
The Reverend

Nature: Gentle
I had heard that
Spoiler:
"Dark Ash" doesn't even show up in the movie proper

Was there a special set of TCG cards for this movie, like many of the prior ones?

Read the winning entry in the Pokémon CreepyPasta contest: Tarnished Silver (scroll down to view)
Old August 13th, 2010, 04:33 PM
Vernikova

I think they were just giving away a Pokémon for the games. Also, the early teasers are never in the finished product for these movies so you shouldn't get excited over those things.
Old August 21st, 2010, 08:59 AM
The Mega Champion
Strategist

Send a message via AIM to The Mega Champion Send a message via Skype™ to The Mega Champion
Um... the movie was released last month........

So... anyone have/know where I can find a synopsis?

V_V

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 5.

Winter 2014 for PS3.

Old August 21st, 2010, 02:54 PM
PearlShipper4Life
LuffyxHancock Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by The S View Post
I had heard that
Spoiler:
"Dark Ash" doesn't even show up in the movie proper

Was there a special set of TCG cards for this movie, like many of the prior ones?
Yah, sucks once again the trailers teased us big time gurr ><

LuffyxHancock shipper-One Piece.
Old August 21st, 2010, 03:06 PM
Vernikova

The early trailers are more teasers than anything else. Almost nothing from the previews for the next movie are ever in the final product so I don't know why people ever fall for it. They're nothing more than trivial things to get people excited (And it works by the looks of it).
Old August 25th, 2010, 12:10 AM
ngik...
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Lax
it's really annoying waiting for the new pokemon movie...
Old August 27th, 2010, 02:46 PM
The S
The Reverend

Nature: Gentle
I understand that clips in the previews are unrelated, but that's usually things like an appearance of a Pokemon or something. This Dark Ash thing felt TOTALLY different. Then again, maybe it was just the fact that the media was pimping it harder than it should have been.

Not to mention I don't remember any of the original trailers other than bits and pieces (and Mewtwo in the third movie trailer is the only non-appearance I can recall).

Having it occur in every trailer doesn't make it any better, though. How are we supposed to know which parts we can be legitimately excited about?

Read the winning entry in the Pokémon CreepyPasta contest: Tarnished Silver (scroll down to view)

Last edited by The S; August 27th, 2010 at 02:53 PM.
Old August 27th, 2010, 03:40 PM
Vernikova

Quote:
Originally Posted by The S
I understand that clips in the previews are unrelated, but that's usually things like an appearance of a Pokemon or something. This Dark Ash thing felt TOTALLY different. Then again, maybe it was just the fact that the media was pimping it harder than it should have been.

Not to mention I don't remember any of the original trailers other than bits and pieces (and Mewtwo in the third movie trailer is the only non-appearance I can recall).

Having it occur in every trailer doesn't make it any better, though. How are we supposed to know which parts we can be legitimately excited about?
I just think they want you to be excited over it so you can go to the theaters and see the movie. It's a hype machine that may give a little information (Zoroark can transform into stuff) but just something to make you say, "Oh wow! That's so cool!".
Old September 19th, 2010, 02:30 PM
Vernikova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vernikova
The DVD will come out in late-December most likely. The other DVD's were released at around that time.
The JPN DVD comes out December 17th so import away.
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/pictures/l/15/32/ZMBS-6060.jpg
No news on the dub release or even the name.
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=ZMBS-6060
Old December 18th, 2010, 05:00 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Okay, so the DVD was released yesterday.
Some people uploaded the title sequence and credits on youtube:

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here