Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub
Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old November 16th, 2009, 05:08 PM
cartercr
Sour Kangaroo's best friend!

Advertise here
It's not Pokemon Silver. It's not even Pokemon Soul Silver. It's Pokemon Secret Silver.

Welcome to Pokemon Secret Silver. This is my hack of Pokemon Fire Red. Let me get a few things straight before we get started. This is not Silver. I stated this in the first sentance. HOWEVER: There will be many similarities, including the storyline, and I will even be recoloring the old sprites to give it that really authentic feel. I shall be changing a lot of things in the Kanto region as far as storyline goes, but I will get those adjustments in when I get to the Kanto Region.

As for now, I will be starting on the mapping, and I will progress into the sprite recoloring. I'll then do the scripting, and finally, I'll produce the beta. I'll do this hack one map at a time, but don't expect a beta until I make it to Falnker. After I get there, I will produce a beta after each map is completed.

Story:
You wake up one day, and go downstairs. You are told by your mother that your neighbor Professor Elm is looking for you. After rudely being sent away by a young male with flaming red hair, you get to Elm's Lab and you go inside. He tells you that his acquaintance Mr. Pokemon has something that he wants you to check out. He gives you a Pokemon for doing this errand, but little does he know that soon you will be fighting through the Gyms, Defeating the Elite 4, Capturing the Legendary Pokemon, and Finally putting an end to the Team Rocket uprising.

Features:
I will be re-coloring the old sprites
All Gym Leaders will have a roster based off their original
PKMN Trainer Red will be making a comeback.
Jesse and James will be involved.
Many more, just play it when it is released.

Recruitment: (Only sign up if you are ready to work and can produce evidence that you are a valid worker.)
Scripters
Beta Testers

Thank You for checking out this thread and I look forward to posting in the Progressing Hacks soon.
Our Pokemon are the same, but somehow yours are better just because you want to spend hours doing what I can do in minutes. Copy this into your sig if you think that anti PokeSav/PokeGen arguments are rediculus.

90% of teenagers listen to rap. If you are one of the 10% that listens to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

BW FC: 1463 6132 2390

Last edited by cartercr; November 17th, 2009 at 10:21 AM.
Old November 16th, 2009, 05:19 PM
Chaos190
Likes to Hack Pokemon

Nature: Naive
Needs a storyline and features to keep this open!

Would you like to be in a hacking team? Become a great hacker at the Chaos Productions!
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=220406
------------------------------------------------
Support

Credits to aSeRo141414

Old November 17th, 2009, 04:04 AM
~Gary~
PSN: xAzureZePhYr.

Nature: Modest
can i be the beta tester

and could you both help me in my hack
Old November 17th, 2009, 08:03 AM
hashtag
the man in black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypershadow189 View Post
Needs a storyline and features to keep this open!
Thanks for mini-modding <3

Anyway, he's right. Add them, please.
"i am the hero pokécommunity deserves, but not the one it needs right now"

paired with christos
retired rom hacker
please PM me any moderation requests (keep in mind the 24 hour rule)
Old November 17th, 2009, 09:33 AM
cartercr

Okay, as it is a remake of Silver, I figured that a storyline would be useless to post. I will correct that tonight (as I am posting now from school).

Also, due note that the features are there. I just didn't do something blatently obvious by posting something like

Features:
All Gym Leaders Are Back
GSC Sprites will be kept and recolored
Kanto Region will be kept, but major modifications will be under way.

If you would like me to post that kind of thing then I will, but if people will read, the features are written.

Also, Pokehacker100, I said I needed evidence. If you could provide this, I would be happy to accept you.
Our Pokemon are the same, but somehow yours are better just because you want to spend hours doing what I can do in minutes. Copy this into your sig if you think that anti PokeSav/PokeGen arguments are rediculus.

90% of teenagers listen to rap. If you are one of the 10% that listens to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

Last edited by cartercr; November 17th, 2009 at 09:44 AM.
Old November 17th, 2009, 10:12 AM
Haku.
(FLAME)...H....A...K..U

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Haku.
Beta tester doesn't need evidence.
They just test out your hack and find any bugs/glitches.

Old November 17th, 2009, 10:14 AM
cartercr

This is true, but I've had a few hacks in the past, and people say "I'll beta test for you." about a week later there is a beta open, and the testers fail to show up. I'm not asking for them to test an entire game, I just want to see if they are willing to do the work so that I can get testers who will actually care enough to actually test it well.

Old November 19th, 2009, 09:38 AM
cartercr

Sorry about the double, post, but I figured I should point out that I have now edited the first post, and so I've added the features, and I've added the storyline.

Old November 19th, 2009, 10:24 AM
The Prince of Sweet Sorrow
"If death is your wish..."
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to The Prince of Sweet Sorrow
The features don't sound interesting, or original either. They are the same, old concepts. Besides, a Silver remake is a no-go, especially now that Soul Silver and Heart Gold came out. People won't like this even if it's the best Silver/Gold remake. >:
"... prepare to have it granted."

Old November 19th, 2009, 01:10 PM
Masterge77
Jacen The Robot Floatzel

Nature: Serious
Oh great, THIS hack again, seriously, how many times have we been told, there is already a Silver remake, and official one from Nintendo, which is unfortunatly currently in moonspeak and not available in english, not to mention that we have to wait a long time for it to be translated
My DA account
Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART

The Owner of Sea Weasels, the club for Buizel and Floatzel fans!
Old November 19th, 2009, 06:05 PM
cartercr

Seriously? Can you say something helpful? If you don't like the hack idea, then, oh i don't know. DON'T PLAY IT!

Old November 20th, 2009, 04:46 AM
Nintendork15
I'm gone. Bye.

Nature: Naughty
Could i be a mapping person i not very good but i have help a couple of my friends here is a town i made using AM (advance map)
|
V
attachment is a map i made
(DONT USE THIS MAP AS YOUR OWN COZ ITS ALREADY A PART OF A HACK
POKEMON PARADISE GREEN >.< ill no if you've used it at all.)
Attached Images
File Type: png Techniblo city.png‎ (72.5 KB, 23 views) (Save to Dropbox)
gone.
Old November 23rd, 2009, 09:32 AM
cartercr

Actually, I don't need any mapping help, I'm just remaking the original maps. I only need a scripter.

Old November 23rd, 2009, 09:46 AM
Nintendork15
I'm gone. Bye.

Nature: Naughty
i could help re create new sevii islands
gone.
Old November 23rd, 2009, 10:05 AM
Haku.
(FLAME)...H....A...K..U

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartercr View Post
Seriously? Can you say something helpful? If you don't like the hack idea, then, oh i don't know. DON'T PLAY IT!
Judging on your attitude. I don't think this hack will be finish.

Old November 23rd, 2009, 10:13 AM
Banjora Marxvile
Oui Oui Si Si Ja Ja Da Da

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmouvelianx View Post
Now now, my opinion of you has already kinda been spoilt, so don't add to it. Don't judge by attitude alone.

Anyway, a Silver remake... Well, I can't comment. Due to 2 reasons.
1. Each remake has its difference, the creators unque twist and
2. I am biased as if anyone said to me "Lets remake/premake this, I tend to think of that as... Well, better to have a fresh idea than remake an old thing. But this is good for scripting and stuff I suppose...

Man of Steel
He harbors no shame
Got cut a raw deal
But he holds no blame
Gone and forgot to feel
Numb for pretentious pain
As he spins the wheel
There's no loss nor no gain...

Nerves o
f Steel
He must remain
Even if it kills
To remember my name
A view to a thrill
Like Campari and Champagne
I'm on the rocks
Please tell me, What Is My Name?

Old November 23rd, 2009, 10:21 AM
Haku.
(FLAME)...H....A...K..U

Well, for some reason i just don't like people who cant take criticism. IDK but it's a habit i guess.
So yeah,

G/S/C have many remakes out there and you really really really have to brainstorm your brain.

Old November 23rd, 2009, 10:23 AM
Banjora Marxvile
Oui Oui Si Si Ja Ja Da Da

Quote:
Quote:
Well, for some reason i just don't like people who cant take criticism. IDK but it's a habit i guess.
So yeah,

G/S/C have many remakes out there and you really really really have to brainstorm your brain.
OFF TOPIC: The person who had posted was kinda harsh, no criticism, just saying that remakes are stupid now (which... Well, isn't worded how I would say, but as there are remakes which are better than the GBA can produce IMO, the idea is slightly redundant, but still good luck!)

Man of Steel
He harbors no shame
Got cut a raw deal
But he holds no blame
Gone and forgot to feel
Numb for pretentious pain
As he spins the wheel
There's no loss nor no gain...

Nerves o
f Steel
He must remain
Even if it kills
To remember my name
A view to a thrill
Like Campari and Champagne
I'm on the rocks
Please tell me, What Is My Name?

Old November 23rd, 2009, 10:29 AM
Haku.
(FLAME)...H....A...K..U

My mistake then,
But G/S/C remakes can be really good tho. But really, receive criticism so you can improve.
GL.

Old November 23rd, 2009, 05:10 PM
cartercr

Quote:
So yeah,

I don't have a problem with criticism, just if you are going to criticize, just give constructive criticism.

Old November 23rd, 2009, 06:20 PM
Karel_Kazuki
Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp

well I could make over world sprites but I need help with my hack, Which is the probably the biggest project here I think.....I NEED ALOT OF HELP.
Old November 24th, 2009, 09:46 AM
cartercr

Once again, I bring up the need of proof. I would be happy to help your hack. (Though I would prefer you PM me if you want help.) Anyways, if you want to do OW's, the I'll just need some proof. Just make me some OW's so I can make sure you are good at it.

Old November 25th, 2009, 05:09 PM
cartercr

Okay, since no one wants another silver remake, could a mod close this.

Old November 29th, 2009, 07:49 AM
poripori
Beginning Trainer

Old January 8th, 2010, 09:23 AM
slim spazzy
Best Beta tester

Nature: Hasty
i hope u put some more images an some support banners
This signature has been disabled.
Too wide. Don\'t put two banners next to each other.
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here