The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Technology & Internet

Notices

Technology & Internet The place to go for all things tech and internet. Share a funny YouTube video or meme, discover the latest useful apps, or just get some free tech support.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 14th, 2010, 03:19 PM
abnegation
proudly paired with adventure

Well, if you find a more specific definition of what you want, I'll do my best to see what code you're referring to. You didn't offer too much clarity in your latter description.
Old October 14th, 2010, 03:21 PM
Naruto Uzumaki
memories.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abnegation View Post
Well, if you find a more specific definition of what you want, I'll do my best to see what code you're referring to. You didn't offer too much clarity in your latter description.
Sorry my bad ><

I mean I've seen some CSS with borders around it, the border is a different color from the CSS overall tho.

Sorry once again, not good with explaining things ><
Your siren wails endlessly
Open up

l MAL l
Old October 14th, 2010, 04:08 PM
zappyspiker
Sword Art Online

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charizard★ View Post
I'm still learning how to use it properly, and the shadow is not what I'm talking about. I would have used it to see what code it was, but the person changed their theme so I can't use it now :x
The code I use (If I'm right) is:

border: 3px solid #000000;
Old October 14th, 2010, 06:33 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Quote:

Sorry my bad ><

I mean I've seen some CSS with borders around it, the border is a different color from the CSS overall tho.

Sorry once again, not good with explaining things ><
You are most certainly looking for the border color property, an example of which is here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zappyspiker View Post
The code I use (If I'm right) is:

border: 3px solid #000000;
That hex code gives us black. In terms of the color each hex pair is based off of, they are, from left to right (in sets of two), red, green, and blue. So a property of #ff0000; gives us a red border, while #00ff00; gives us a green border, and #0000ff; gives us a blue border.
Old October 14th, 2010, 08:28 PM
redsaber5859
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Naughty
Hey, I was directed here by Rukario, he said he didn't know where else so...

Can anybody make me a css template for a hack thread? basic, but can you make one please?
Old October 14th, 2010, 11:00 PM
Spherical Ice
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Spherical Ice
Welcome to redsaber's hack!

blah

blah

Code:
[center][css-div="width:90%; background-color: #CC0000; padding: 5px; border: 1px solid #000; text-align: left;"][size="5"]Welcome to redsaber's hack![/size]

[CENTER]blah[/CENTER]

[RIGHT]blah[/RIGHT][/css-div][/center]
background-color: #CC0000; The underlined in this bit of the code can be changed to another hex code for a colour.

Basically, the first part of the code, width:90%;, will make the css 90% wide of the screens width. The background-color: #CC0000; tells the code to make our css have a coloured background, in this case, a red color. Next, we have padding: 5px;, which basically means that all content will be pushed in five pixels from the border. It makes things seem nicer (see spoiler for example).
Spoiler:
Without padding.

With padding.

Next, we have the border, border: 1px solid #000. Basically, it means that we want a border, one pixel thick, solid decoration (so it's not dotted or whatever, it's just a straight line), and is black (or #000 (or even #000000)). The reason why I only wrote #000 and not #000000, even though hexadecimal colour codes are assumingly eight characters long, is because if they contain an equally divided amount of colours, they can be 'compressed'. For example, #CC00FF could become #C0F. Either way though, they always need to start with a hash (#). Finally, we have text-align: left;. This means that the text inside the CSS will be to the left by default. You could change that to the right, or to the center. I did this because the CSS is in the centre of the page, which would then make the text inside it go to the centre, but I didn't want that, so, yeah. Last note, I hope you noticed that after every bit of code, there is a semicolon (;). That tells the code we're finished with the last bit of code and are moving on. Furthermore, the whole code is wrapped within some quotation marks: " ".

So hopefully now you didn't tl;dr that and now understand basic CSS. <:
Old October 15th, 2010, 06:42 AM
abnegation

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsaber5859 View Post
Hey, I was directed here by Rukario, he said he didn't know where else so...

Can anybody make me a css template for a hack thread? basic, but can you make one please?
This thread is not for requests. Says it on the first post. Please abide by it. Regardless of who sends you here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spherical Ice View Post
Welcome to redsaber's hack!

blah

blah

Code:
[center][css-div="width:90%; background-color: #CC0000; padding: 5px; border: 1px solid #000; text-align: left;"][size="5"]Welcome to redsaber's hack![/size]

[CENTER]blah[/CENTER]

[RIGHT]blah[/RIGHT][/css-div][/center]
background-color: #CC0000; The underlined in this bit of the code can be changed to another hex code for a colour.

Basically, the first part of the code, width:90%;, will make the css 90% wide of the screens width. The background-color: #CC0000; tells the code to make our css have a coloured background, in this case, a red color. Next, we have padding: 5px;, which basically means that all content will be pushed in five pixels from the border. It makes things seem nicer (see spoiler for example).
Spoiler:
Without padding.

With padding.

Next, we have the border, border: 1px solid #000. Basically, it means that we want a border, one pixel thick, solid decoration (so it's not dotted or whatever, it's just a straight line), and is black (or #000 (or even #000000)). The reason why I only wrote #000 and not #000000, even though hexadecimal colour codes are assumingly eight characters long, is because if they contain an equally divided amount of colours, they can be 'compressed'. For example, #CC00FF could become #C0F. Either way though, they always need to start with a hash (#). Finally, we have text-align: left;. This means that the text inside the CSS will be to the left by default. You could change that to the right, or to the center. I did this because the CSS is in the centre of the page, which would then make the text inside it go to the centre, but I didn't want that, so, yeah. Last note, I hope you noticed that after every bit of code, there is a semicolon (;). That tells the code we're finished with the last bit of code and are moving on. Furthermore, the whole code is wrapped within some quotation marks: " ".

So hopefully now you didn't tl;dr that and now understand basic CSS. <:
Thanks for that SI, though in future don't respond to requests, only to those that stick to the rules. But I'll add that to the first post when I get updating again.
Old October 17th, 2010, 07:07 AM
Naruto Uzumaki
memories.
Community Supporter

---Signature Here---

I've been tweaking around with that code, but I can't seem to find a way to connect the lower CSS (Black bar) to the bottom of the other css (The picture) so that it will fit together perfectly and looks like it goes together. And I can't get the top right corner to be rounded either :/
Spoiler:
[ css-div="-moz-border-radius:20px; width: 400px; height: 230px; padding: 2px 2px 2px 2px; border: 0; background-image: url(http://i1022.photobucket.com/albums/af347/percentage_/Untitled-34.png?t=1287326502);background-position:center"]The people
[/css-div][css-div="width: 400px; height: 100px;"][css-div="padding: 2px 2px 2px 2px; border: 0; font-variant: small-caps; color: #000000; background-color:#000000;"]---Signature Here--- [/css-div ][/css-div ]

Any help please?
Open up

l MAL l
Old October 27th, 2010, 04:44 AM
abnegation

If you make a mock up on MS paint for what you want, someone might help you, because I have no idea what you're asking for I'm afraid, maybe you could explain it a little better?
Old October 27th, 2010, 09:39 AM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

---Signature Here---
I don't see anything wrong with the code you posted, unless that's not what you're looking for. :\

Unless below is what you're looking for.

---Signature Here---

You also gotta remember to make it so Chrome users can also see your border radius effects. :\
Old October 27th, 2010, 09:52 AM
Spherical Ice
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Spherical Ice
I think he wants the black bar to be over the image, but have curved corners only on the bottom two corners.
Old November 5th, 2010, 06:29 PM
Blaziquaza

Nature: Jolly
Two questions:
1. How do you make invisible scrollbars?
2. How do you insert a box around a picture and text?

And I'm about to break
I need a little room to breathe...

Steam IGN: Hybrid Theory
Old November 6th, 2010, 06:59 AM
Alternative
welcome to my womb
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
One question. Is there such thing as a code for font gradients, or would one have to colour every letter(s) individually?
Old November 6th, 2010, 07:13 AM
Naruto Uzumaki
memories.
Community Supporter

Some people have been telling me that the borders on my CSS box are not rounded when it is? Is it because they aren't using FF or something?
Open up

l MAL l
Old November 6th, 2010, 07:31 PM
Alternative
welcome to my womb
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
Quote:
Some people have been telling me that the borders on my CSS box are not rounded when it is? Is it because they aren't using FF or something?
The rounded corners as far as I know don't work in IE. I'm not sure if they work on other popular web browsers (Safari, Opera, Chrome etc.)
Old November 6th, 2010, 07:50 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alternative View Post

The rounded corners as far as I know don't work in IE. I'm not sure if they work on other popular web browsers (Safari, Opera, Chrome etc.)
This. You need to add the -webkit-border-radius element to make it compatible with the webkit based Opera and Chrome (or was that Chrome and Safari?).
Old November 6th, 2010, 08:53 PM
aSeRo141414
zZJoennZz inside

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Yahoo to aSeRo141414 Send a message via Skype™ to aSeRo141414
Quote:
Originally Posted by donavannj View Post
This. You need to add the -webkit-border-radius element to make it compatible with the webkit based Opera and Chrome (or was that Chrome and Safari?).
webkit is working well in Chrome so don't worry
Old November 6th, 2010, 08:58 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by aSeRo141414 View Post
webkit is working well in Chrome so don't worry
I don't think you get what i meant. I was saying that you need to add the element in order for the rounded borders to show up in those browsers.
Old November 7th, 2010, 04:13 PM
Naruto Uzumaki
memories.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Thanks! :D

But how do you add it in? I added it in and it gave be a square corner :/
Open up

l MAL l
Old November 7th, 2010, 04:18 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Quote:

Thanks! :D

But how do you add it in? I added it in and it gave be a square corner :/
You use Firefox, right? You have to have both the webkit and the moz one in there with the same value in order for it to appear the same way in both Chrome and Firefox.
Old November 7th, 2010, 04:23 PM
Naruto Uzumaki
memories.
Community Supporter

Quote:
You use Firefox, right? You have to have both the webkit and the moz one in there with the same value in order for it to appear the same way in both Chrome and Firefox.
I tried but it doesn't work :/ How do I put it in the same value order?
Open up

l MAL l
Old November 7th, 2010, 04:34 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Quote:

I tried but it doesn't work :/ How do I put it in the same value order?
If the element moz-border-radius:20px, then you should use -webkit-border-radius:20px for the webkit border radius element so they show up exactly the same in a browser.

Jeez, I swear, sometimes trying to guide people along with these codes is like trying to get a cat to actually do some tricks.
Old November 11th, 2010, 12:59 PM
Team Fail
A Little Bit Of Sparkle
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
I found a neat little Chrome extension. It's helpful for developing sites and signatures.

https://chrome.google.com/extensions...fpnpphpkkmbdkb

Platinum Supporter Team Fail

"It is said that Charizard's fire burns hotter if it has experienced harsh battles."

Charizard

Old November 12th, 2010, 07:42 PM
Bolens
Soul Hacker

Nature: Mild
Thanks man, is pretty awesome, a bit different to use, but awesome!
Old November 13th, 2010, 05:20 PM
pspdude
:o super shinx?

Nature: Calm
Help when ever I add a CSS signature it always ends up like this even when i use the no-repeat command

Help when ever I add a CSS signature it always ends up like this even when i use the no-repeat command This is my code
Code:
background:url('http://i404.photobucket.com/albums/pp124/pspdude_2008/Background_by_CinnamonGirlMika-2.png');color:white;width:100%;padding:20px:no-repeat;"] Pspdude Ish Amazing :O! Thx Jefelin for the sprites :)

Pspdude Ish Amazing :O!

Thx Jefelin for the sprites

Last edited by pspdude; November 14th, 2010 at 03:56 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links