The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Technology & Internet

Notices

Technology & Internet The place to go for all things tech and internet. Share a funny YouTube video or meme, discover the latest useful apps, or just get some free tech support.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 1st, 2012, 01:32 PM
Cosmotone8
silhouette of the past

Location: Boston, MA, USA, Earth, Sun Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Nature: Careful
Yes, that is perfect.
And I noticed the width problem, but what is the other?
But the more I try to move on, the more I feel alone
So I watch the summer stars to lead me home.

Old June 3rd, 2012, 09:34 PM
Team Fail
A Little Bit Of Sparkle
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
So I'm working on a new sig that's a bit different.

Spoiler:

Code:
[CENTER][css-div="width: 560px; height: 300px; background-image:url('http://i.imgur.com/t0eDU.jpg'); overflow: hidden; text-shadow: #FF0000 1px 1px 2px;"][css-div="width: 555px; height: 45px; background-color: #333333; margin-top: 200px; text-shadow: #FF0000 1px 1px 2px; opacity: 0.5; webkit-border-radius: 7px; border-radius: 7px"][css-div="padding: 5px"][COLOR="White"][FONT="Century Gothic"][b][url=http://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=225828][COLOR="White"]pair[/COLOR][/url] | [url=http://www.youtube.com/user/grandmaster101587458][COLOR="White"]youtube[/COLOR][/url] | [url=http://twitter.com/#!/TeamFail][COLOR="white"]twitter[/COLOR][/url] | [url=http://teamfail.co.cc/][COLOR="white"]poketropolis[/COLOR][/url] | [url=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=246486][COLOR="white"]lp[/COLOR][/url] | [url=http://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=267408][COLOR="white"]alt[/COLOR][/url] | [url=teamfail.co.cc][COLOR="white"]ptf[/COLOR][/url][/b][/FONT]
[/COLOR][/css-div][/css-div]
[/css-div][/CENTER]

Problem is... The text in the middle box shouldn't be translucent. How can I set the box to be translucent but not the text that goes on it?

Platinum Supporter Team Fail

"It is said that Charizard's fire burns hotter if it has experienced harsh battles."

Charizard

Last edited by Team Fail; June 3rd, 2012 at 09:40 PM.
Old June 3rd, 2012, 09:49 PM
Oryx
Moon Prism POWER
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
There are two ways to do this. One way would be to have an identically sized box positioned on top of the transparent one, that has a transparent background and opaque text. The other one (easier imo) would be to just make the background an image of a half-transparent box instead of using the opacity thing.
Old June 4th, 2012, 01:40 AM
Twiggy
Slender snake
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toujours View Post
The other one (easier imo) would be to just make the background an image of a half-transparent box instead of using the opacity thing.
The third way (easier than easy) is to simply set the background colour of the box to a semitransparent value, which is achievable with RGBA colours. Try setting background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.85) for 85% opaque grey black, for instance.

Disclaimer: be sure to include another background-color attribute before said rule that is a standard hex value, like #000000, to prevent your signature from mangling up in IE8, which still sees some use today. And older feature phones.

Last edited by Twiggy; June 4th, 2012 at 04:35 AM.
Old June 23rd, 2012, 08:12 AM
Mortalis
ѕĸyвorɴe.
Community Supporter Tier 5

I've tried everything, but I can't seem to get this to work.

I want to get this image:

To go on here:

As in, I want Metagross to be on the left side of it, just standing on it. How do I do that? I can't figure it out. I've tried padding, spacing, etc..
Old June 23rd, 2012, 09:21 AM
Hybrid Trainer
My Secrecy. My Advantage.

You could make the userbar a background image that doesn't repeat, so then all you need to do is place the image on it like this.

Code:
[cd=background-image:URL('http://i1150.photobucket.com/albums/o603/mPlattenum/STUB.png'); background-repeat:no-repeat;][IMG]http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/376.gif[/IMG][/cd]
Or you could use the margin code so that the gif is pulled up onto the userbar. Like this.

Code:
[IMG]http://i1150.photobucket.com/albums/o603/mPlattenum/STUB.png[/IMG]
[cd=margin-top:-40px; padding-left:10px; background-repeat:no-repeat;][IMG]http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/376.gif[/IMG][/cd]
As you can see the second one is more accurate so I'd personally go with that one.

"I am confident that if anyone actually penetrates our facades, even the most perceptive would still be fundamentally unprepared for the truth of House Dimir."
-Szadek, Lord of Secrets

Old June 23rd, 2012, 08:14 PM
Mortalis
ѕĸyвorɴe.
Community Supporter Tier 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hybrid Trainer View Post

Or you could use the margin code so that the gif is pulled up onto the userbar. Like this.

Code:
[IMG]http://i1150.photobucket.com/albums/o603/mPlattenum/STUB.png[/IMG]
[cd=margin-top:-40px; padding-left:10px; background-repeat:no-repeat;][IMG]http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/376.gif[/IMG][/cd]
As you can see the second one is more accurate so I'd personally go with that one.
Ah, that's exactly what I was looking for! Thank-you. I didn't know of the margin code.
Old June 27th, 2012, 02:42 AM
Impo
Vital Spirit
Community Supporter

I have a problem with CSS to do with inline: block codes (I think that is what it's called)

that very messy piece of code is meant to produce this:

BATTLE LOG

KNOWN ACHIEVEMENTS

But the second box is a little higher than the first. Does anyone have any idea how to level them?
Uhm I tried to get the code but it only turns into the thing above so :s

...Let's play a game...
3DS FC: 3411-1566-9347
Paired to Naya Rivera & ShiningRaichu
Old June 27th, 2012, 05:43 AM
abnegation
proudly paired with adventure

Let me know how this goes.

BATTLE LOG

KNOWN ACHIEVEMENTS

PHP Code:
[CENTER][css-div="height:150px;"][css-div="width:300px;height:150px;-webkit-border-radius:25px;border-radius:25px;background-color:#1b1b1b;border-width:4px;border-style:     solid;border-left-color:#0a0a0a;border-right-color:#323232;border-top-color:#232323;border-bottom-color:#232323;display:inline-block;"]
[
SIZE=3][COLOR=White]BATTLE LOG[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=1]

[/
SIZE]   [css-div="width:290px;height:80px;overflow:auto;-webkit-border-radius:      10px;border-radius:10px;border-width:2px;border-style:solid;border-left-color:#323232;border-right-color:#0a0a0a;border-top-color:#232323;border-bottom-color:#232323;text-align:justified;"]

[/
css-div]
[/
css-div]   [css-div="width:300px;height:150px;-webkit-border-radius:25px;border-radius:25px;background-color:#1b1b1b;border-width:4px;border-style:      solid;border-left-color:#0a0a0a;border-right-color:#323232;border-top-color:#232323;border-bottom-color:#232323;display:inline-block;"][SIZE=3][COLOR=White]
KNOWN ACHIEVEMENTS[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=1]

[/
SIZE][css-div="width:290px;height:80px;overflow:auto;-webkit-border-radius:       10px;border-radius:10px;border-width:2px;border-style:solid;border-left-color:#323232;border-right-color:#0a0a0a;border-top-color:#232323;border-bottom-color:#232323;text-align:justified;"]

[/
css-div]
[/
css-div][/css-div][/CENTER
Old October 22nd, 2012, 12:48 PM
銀ヤミ
Fighting to Renew my Past...

Nature: Lonely
Okay, I need help here.

Is there any way to use CSS to create tabs?

For example, when you're on a PC Profile, and you can click the different tabs to see other information.

Is there any way to do this with the coding for this forum? I want to make a signature with multiple sections, and a row of buttons (tabs) that will reveal different sections of information one at a time.

I would like to know if there's certain codes or a method of using those codes to work in the way I've just explained. That way I can keep my Signature nice and cozy.

Thanks in advance,
WolfOfEve

Old October 24th, 2012, 01:50 AM
Hybrid Trainer

totally thought someone else had answered this already

But no, sorry. Tabs and stuff are done using JavaScript and HTML as far as I know so you can't do it using CSS.
Honestly I can't even think of an alternative to tabs in a signature either.

"I am confident that if anyone actually penetrates our facades, even the most perceptive would still be fundamentally unprepared for the truth of House Dimir."
-Szadek, Lord of Secrets

Old November 3rd, 2012, 01:26 PM
Ralaia
~Smooth as Ice~

Nature: Calm
How would you get this background to "stretch" or not repeat?

Spoiler:

[a id]Top[/a id]

Navigation

AR Codes I Use

You use AR codes?
I'd sure like to know which ones.

White List

People you love for the sake of loving. ♥

Wants

What you want here.

Trades

People you need to handle with love and care. ♥

thread title

Trophy Case

Trainer Information
OT/IDs/Info about you goes here

Rules

Title 9
Text
Text

TextTextText
TextTextTextTextTextText

Text

© miakalina

That's the only problem I'm having so far.
A.nd I know how to do CSS I just really like the style she used.

Last edited by Ralaia; November 3rd, 2012 at 01:32 PM.
Old November 11th, 2012, 01:24 PM
銀ヤミ

Quote:
totally thought someone else had answered this already

But no, sorry. Tabs and stuff are done using JavaScript and HTML as far as I know so you can't do it using CSS.
Honestly I can't even think of an alternative to tabs in a signature either.
Okay, so maybe I could start it off a little bit simpler. Is there a code that does something similar to [SPOILER]? Is there a way I could alter the text of the button that reveals what's inside?

I remember being able to do something like that back in Web Design class in High School, but it seems more limited here. Yet I still learn about new and useful codes I didn't even know about.

Old November 11th, 2012, 01:42 PM
Hybrid Trainer

Unfortunately you can't use spoiler tags in signatures since its against the rules. What you probably did in your class was HTML since CSS is pretty much just formatting.

-Szadek, Lord of Secrets

Old November 26th, 2012, 08:35 AM
銀ヤミ

Okay, I've got an issue here that seems simple enough, though I don't know what to do.

I'm working on a new stylized format for my Roleplaying posts, and I need to keep two css-divs in the same line.

Now, I've tried using float:left; and it does put them in the same line, but then it disregards the size of the divs and my signature ends up behind them.

Now, the question:

Is there a way to use float and still maintain the height of the post, or is there a better way to keep the divs together?

Old November 26th, 2012, 09:05 AM
Hybrid Trainer

Make another div tag after everything that has [cd= visibility:hidden; clear:both;].[/cd] in it. This will clear the float and stop things from slipping behind it.

-Szadek, Lord of Secrets

Old November 26th, 2012, 09:06 AM
銀ヤミ

Quote:
Make another div tag after everything that has [cd= visibility:hidden; clear:both;].[/cd] in it. This will clear the float and stop things from slipping behind it.
THANK you. I just tested it, and it worked perfectly.

Old December 2nd, 2012, 09:35 AM
Freak A
Back !!!

Nature: Bold
okay this might be a little dumb so no hate please

I'm kind of very fond of using CSS in HTML in dreamweaver, but i kindof find this in forum css a bit complex so if i code out what i want my thread to look like in dreamweaver and post it in a css and html tag on the forum, will it work ?

and I LIKE PEANUTS !!!!!
Old December 2nd, 2012, 09:38 AM
Oryx
Moon Prism POWER
Community Supporter

Nah, you can't use html on the forum unfortunately. You have to deal with the bbcode tags: [css-div] for divs, and [css-span] for spans.
Old December 7th, 2012, 03:49 PM
IceFyr1928
Is now DeathofShadows

Problems with my code... Post this;
"[css-div= background-color: #CCFFFF; color: #0066CC; font-size: 14px; font-weight: normal; text-decoration: none; text-transform: none; letter-spacing: 1px; word-spacing:4px; line-height: 14px; border-bottom-color: #3300FF; border-top-color: #3300FF; border-left-color: #3300FF; border-right-color: #3300FF; border-top-style: solid; border-bottom-style: solid; border-left-style: solid; border-right-style: solid; border-top-width: 10px; border-bottom-width: 10px; border-left-width: 10px; border-right-width: 10px; position: relative; top: 100px; left: 100px; right: 100px; bottom: 100px; margin-top: 20px; margin-bottom: 20px; margin-left: 20px; margin-right: 20px; padding-top: 5px; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-left: 5px; padding-right: 5px]]post content here[/css-div*]"

V; Which not only interferes with my sig, but also messes with other parts of my post, as shown here. Help?
and get this unsightly block...

Which interferes with not only my sig, but some other elements of my post.
Old December 23rd, 2012, 07:39 AM
dcjboi
With Quiet Courage

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to dcjboi
CSS Knowledge: None
Preffered Teaching Method: VM's
Why you want to learn/how much you wish to know: Because it interests me. I most likely want to learn to the extent the amount i can use on the forums.
Time Zone: Eastern (Atlantic)
Name/Nickname/What we can call you:
Drew
Note: Lessons will work best in 1 on 1 tuitions.

Last edited by dcjboi; December 28th, 2012 at 10:14 PM.
Old December 23rd, 2012, 09:17 AM
Oryx
Moon Prism POWER
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceFyr1928 View Post
Problems with my code... Post this;
"[css-div= background-color: #CCFFFF; color: #0066CC; font-size: 14px; font-weight: normal; text-decoration: none; text-transform: none; letter-spacing: 1px; word-spacing:4px; line-height: 14px; border-bottom-color: #3300FF; border-top-color: #3300FF; border-left-color: #3300FF; border-right-color: #3300FF; border-top-style: solid; border-bottom-style: solid; border-left-style: solid; border-right-style: solid; border-top-width: 10px; border-bottom-width: 10px; border-left-width: 10px; border-right-width: 10px; position: relative; top: 100px; left: 100px; right: 100px; bottom: 100px; margin-top: 20px; margin-bottom: 20px; margin-left: 20px; margin-right: 20px; padding-top: 5px; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-left: 5px; padding-right: 5px]]post content here[/css-div*]"

V; Which not only interferes with my sig, but also messes with other parts of my post, as shown here. Help?

Which interferes with not only my sig, but some other elements of my post.
I KNOW THIS IS DELAYED, BUT:

and get this unsightly block...

Is this your intention? I got rid of the position:relative bits and replaced them with margins. If you use position:relative in your post and in your sig, it'll mess it up, but this way it won't. I also cleaned the code up a tad, because you don't need to do each border side individually unless you intend on changing each side. If you want the entire border to be the same, you just need border-color, border-width, etc. Same with the margin and padding; since it's the same on every side I combined them into "margin: 120px;" and "padding:5px;".
Old December 23rd, 2012, 11:01 AM
IceFyr1928
Is now DeathofShadows

Ah, thank you for that. I'll go ahead and see what I can do from there.
Old January 5th, 2013, 09:49 AM
IceFyr1928
Is now DeathofShadows

Okay. Another issue. I try to set a background image, and the forum screws it up by throwing URL tags around it, rendering it null. A little help?
Old January 5th, 2013, 09:56 AM
abnegation
proudly paired with adventure

background-image: url("urlhere");
Notice the bolded code, you're most likely missing that.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links