The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old November 19th, 2009, 08:48 AM
jackofalltrades
Beginning Trainer

this thread is getting reworked for the relaunch of this game project

Last edited by jackofalltrades; May 8th, 2010 at 12:25 PM.
Old November 20th, 2009, 01:51 PM
jackofalltrades
Beginning Trainer

November 20, 2009
- added some cinnabar screenshots and the title graphic to the thread.
- updated features section
Old November 20th, 2009, 05:03 PM
ayevdayev
Legend

Send a message via AIM to ayevdayev Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ayevdayev
good game!
i cant believe no one commented on this yet except for you! it looks like you put a lot of work into this.
Maybe you should use d/p/p tiles because using fr/ll/r/s/e tiles in games that take place in those regions is just like the same thing as the gba games i can give you indoor,outdoor,pokemon center,Mart, and cave tiles if you want (in d/p/p)

G
Old November 20th, 2009, 05:35 PM
Rubber Ducky
Trainer

Nature: Calm
Sounds awesome. I'm a big fan of the manga. Can't wait to play it.
Old November 20th, 2009, 05:46 PM
Wind Gale
Lost With the Wind

Nature: Careful
THis game sounds really good. I like how you are doing different villians for each region. Good luck.
Old November 20th, 2009, 06:25 PM
jackofalltrades
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayevdayev View Post
good game!
i cant believe no one commented on this yet except for you! it looks like you put a lot of work into this.
Maybe you should use d/p/p tiles because using fr/ll/r/s/e tiles in games that take place in those regions is just like the same thing as the gba games i can give you indoor,outdoor,pokemon center,Mart, and cave tiles if you want (in d/p/p)
I personally like the fr/ll tiles the best. I think they have more character... idk just personal preference. My intention is to do custon tiles for Sinnoh, that look like the regional style, but in a fr/lg style. Hoenn and Johto tyles are going to get some recoloring done when i get that far as well.

Personally this game is about the story, and the little details. I want my final product to be polished, and error free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Ducky
Sounds awesome. I'm a big fan of the manga. Can't wait to play it.
don't get your hopes up to much, it'll have a resemblence, but won't be an exact rip. Think of it more as my interpretation, with a few borrowed ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind Gale
THis game sounds really good. I like how you are doing different villians for each region. Good luck.
thanks! Each region is going to have its twists and turns, on top of the familiar storylines. I can promise you right off the bat in Johto you won't be using any of your Pokemon from Kanto...
Old November 21st, 2009, 02:10 PM
jackofalltrades
Beginning Trainer

November 22, 2009
- Added some progress updates to the main thread.
Old November 23rd, 2009, 02:25 PM
jackofalltrades
Beginning Trainer

updated the Kanto progress and added a couple new screen shots of the face feature in convo's. When I finish scripting for viridian, virdian forest, and pewter city I may release a demo to keep anyone following this thread interested
Old November 24th, 2009, 11:25 PM
jackofalltrades
Beginning Trainer

Demo Announcement
I will be posting a demo for Pokemon Legends sometime before December 20th. The demo will include content from Pallet Town through Pewter City.

Content that will be accessible includes:
  • receiving your first Pokemon
  • intro storyline
  • atleast two rival battles
  • Pallet Town, Viridian City, Pewter City, Viridian Forest
Old November 29th, 2009, 12:05 PM
Death5 Shadow
Apocalyptic Salvation

Nature: Mild
hey dude make the lava in your cinnabar town map animated that would make it so much better

Old November 30th, 2009, 09:36 AM
jackofalltrades
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death5 Shadow View Post
hey dude make the lava in your cinnabar town map animated that would make it so much better
i'll get there, currently reworking the first few maps with DP and custom sprites for the demo... which is due out later this month
Old December 2nd, 2009, 01:13 PM
jackofalltrades
Beginning Trainer

cleaned up the main thread, should have some screen shots up in the next couple of days leading up to the demo release
Old December 5th, 2009, 05:31 PM
kspurplepride
Beginning Trainer

I like the concepts of your game, can't wait to see how the demo plays!
Old December 6th, 2009, 06:36 AM
myokan
Minecraft Player :D

Nature: Brave
is it a vba file? because I need a quick reply
Old December 6th, 2009, 06:53 AM
superclaw
Pokemon Laon in development

Quote:
Originally Posted by myokan View Post
is it a vba file? because I need a quick reply
this isn't a hack, so it wont be a file for vba.
Old December 6th, 2009, 10:57 AM
jackofalltrades
Beginning Trainer

I'm not using any of these tiles anymore, but they are all from the Starter Kit provided by poccil. I've done some customizing of DP tiles for the demo, which will be out on the 15th.
Old December 10th, 2009, 01:15 PM
jackofalltrades
Beginning Trainer

New 4th Gen screenshots are up! Few from Pallet Town, Route 1, West Forest, Viridian City, and Pewter City!

I would like to welcome torterra10 to the team!

Last edited by jackofalltrades; December 10th, 2009 at 05:29 PM.
Old December 31st, 2009, 05:27 PM
KingCyndaquil
Pokemon Master

Nature: Relaxed
r u still working on this?
Old April 29th, 2010, 09:16 AM
PeachyKeenx088
Beginning Trainer

Are you still working on this? Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. This seems like a really cool game. I've always thought that the storyline was extremely weak and kind of boring for older age groups. I hope you don't discontinue your progress on this because so far and based on what I've seen of your screenshots it looks like you're doing a pretty amazing job. Your graphics look really good. Besides, everyone has always wanted to be able to work their way through the regions without having to get a different game. I'm actually extremely glad that the storyline is going to be darker. My favorite game versions are SoulSilver and Platinum because they have slightly darkened them up a bit, although they could've gone a little farther. It's also probably the reason why I like Team Galactic as regional villians the best.

Well, I really hope you are. I look forward to whenever you put out the demo or the game/volume itself.
Old April 29th, 2010, 11:09 AM
poopydude
PKMN Master

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachyKeenx088 View Post
Are you still working on this? Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. This seems like a really cool game. I've always thought that the storyline was extremely weak and kind of boring for older age groups. I hope you don't discontinue your progress on this because so far and based on what I've seen of your screenshots it looks like you're doing a pretty amazing job. Your graphics look really good. Besides, everyone has always wanted to be able to work their way through the regions without having to get a different game. I'm actually extremely glad that the storyline is going to be darker. My favorite game versions are SoulSilver and Platinum because they have slightly darkened them up a bit, although they could've gone a little farther. It's also probably the reason why I like Team Galactic as regional villians the best.

Well, I really hope you are. I look forward to whenever you put out the demo or the game/volume itself.

im sorry to say it but games like these usually never end up getting finished . Making the game with 5 regions countless gyms, back story, side story and the list goes on is extremely difficult, tiresome and time consuming. Pokemon Hall of Fame is a prime example of a great game, with the exact same storyline as this one that never got finnished due to the fact that it is a borderline impossible task. To create a game like this a team of roughly around 10-20 people need to be working around the clock everyday. while its understandable that this in fact can be done the people that make the games here don't get paid and either have jobs or school to attend to.
Old April 30th, 2010, 12:03 PM
jackofalltrades
Beginning Trainer

heres the situation... I stopped working on this game about 3 months ago after all the progresss I had on the 4th gen stuff was stolen with my flash drive. However recently I have began reworking the only 3rd gen maps to look a lot nicer. Personally I am biased towards the FR/LG tials anyway. If y'all are still interested in the project I can work out some more of the maps and show you what I'm thinking for some of the towns, and we can go from there.
Old April 30th, 2010, 01:23 PM
PeachyKeenx088
Beginning Trainer

I think your game looks really good. I'm interested anyway. Most games that I've seen made had really awful graphics as I stated before and yours looks really great.

Plus, lol, a darker storyline always better.
Old April 30th, 2010, 02:48 PM
jackofalltrades
Beginning Trainer

Well the screenshots are going to change back to FR/LG tilesets as I really dont want to put in the effort to recreate the custom DP ones I had. I have some interesting takes on the cities. I'll post some maps here in the next few days.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links