The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Emulation & ROM Hacking

Notices

Emulation & ROM Hacking The center for the community emulation scene. Come and discuss all things emulation and develop your own hacks!

Old November 21st, 2009, 01:18 PM
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

Nature: Adamant
What is Pokemon ShadowAmethyst?

Well, Pokemon FireRed/LeafGreen always has been bugging me since there's so many features it lacks which makes it inferior to the Hoenn games. Now if you check my old thread, "The True Pokemon Saga", you'll notice that I was working on a FireRed hack. I am no longer doing that, instead I am currently hacking Pokemon Emerald, re-creating a the Kanto region, with it's size equal to that of HeartGold/SoulSilver's Kanto.

Info:
Hack of: Pokemon Emerald

Features (that FR/LG didn't have)
*Actually hard Gym Leaders
*Kanto Dex expanded to 202 Pokemon, all evolutions to Kanto Pokemon are in (such as Igglybuff and Steelix), and a select few other Pokemon
*Expanded Team Rocket plot
*You can actually breed Pokemon
*Team Rocket Admins Apollo and Athena appear (names might change if their official English names are revealed)
*Kanto's size is equal to that of HG/SS
*Real-time clock
*Battle Frontier
*Animations
*PokeNav
*Some more stuff....whatever

Screenshots:

Map Comparisons:
Pallet Town (FR/LG) Pallet Town (ShadowAmethyst)
Route 1 (FR/LG) Route 1 (ShadowAmethyst) (ignore the missing grass at the bottom)

The reason why I'm not changing the Emerald trees is because they look like the Kanto trees in HG/SS. I no longer consider those "Hoenn trees", because I'm also doing another hack of Emerald that simply turns Hoenn into a more tropical place (like the Battle Zone from Platinum).

Progress on this has been rather slow, so don't expect a beta for a while. Basically, this whole thing is to recreate FireRed/LeafGreen the way it should have been, and make it equal to that of Emerald version. In order to do that, that's why I'm choosing to hack Emerald instead of FireRed, because Emerald has the Real-Time Clock, the Battle Frontier, and animations.

Last edited by Chaos Rush; November 21st, 2009 at 05:54 PM.
Old November 21st, 2009, 03:42 PM
Matteron (96)
Difference is everything...

0.0 this seems a lot better than what it sounds like, maybe you should change the title, something like rain blue, you know make it like emerald version
Current Team:

In Terms of Hacking...
Favorite ROM
Skills
Working On
In Terms of Game Dev...
Working On
News
I'm currently up for hire, for almost anything in ROM hacking, so just send me a PM.
Old November 21st, 2009, 05:34 PM
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matteron (96) View Post
0.0 this seems a lot better than what it sounds like, maybe you should change the title, something like rain blue, you know make it like emerald version
That's kinda what I was trying to do. Emerald and Amethyst are both jewels. By doing this hack, I'm pretending that Pokemon FireRed/LeafGreen never existed, and so the four canon games to me (Emerald, ShadowAmethyst, Platinum, and HeartGold) have to have "consistent" names. And so, the first game of each "saga", would be Emerald and Platinum, one word. The second game of each "saga" would be ShadowAmethyst and HeartGold (Yes I'm going to hack HeartGold in the future. All I'll do is change the Pokedex and edit trainer teams and fix the goddamn low levels).

And because of that, I think ShadowAmethyst goes along better with Emerald than RainBlue.

I mean, which sounds more epic?

RainBlue

or

ShadowAmethyst!!!!!!!
Old November 22nd, 2009, 08:26 AM
NiKaNoRoU
Dedicated to Thrace

Ehm, the name rationally does'nt intrigue me, too. Maybe if you are making a fr remake on emerald, use one of the following:
Jewel Red
Heated Red
Plasma Red

Anyway...there is no storyline since this is going for a remake, I guess...but maybe you should add your own touch in this remake.

Your knight from the plane of light
Old November 22nd, 2009, 08:38 AM
Banjora Marxvile
Oui Oui Si Si Ja Ja Da Da

Nature: Lonely
If this is just the 3rd game in a series, should (not saying HAS to, saying it should, but not necessarily) really have the 3rd thing, and not a random stone.

Well, it would have Blue in... How about TidalBlue? (Seeing as HydroBlue is kinda... Taken, I think.. Not sure.)

Anyway, this is just what FR/LG SHOULD have been like, right? On Emerald... Interesting. People have wanted to port 1 game to another, but never completely achieved... Good luck.

Man of Steel
He harbors no shame
Got cut a raw deal
But he holds no blame
Gone and forgot to feel
Numb for pretentious pain
As he spins the wheel
There's no loss nor no gain...

Nerves o
f Steel
He must remain
Even if it kills
To remember my name
A view to a thrill
Like Campari and Champagne
I'm on the rocks
Please tell me, What Is My Name?

Old November 22nd, 2009, 09:15 AM
Ray Maverick
You. Yes, YOU! You are DEAD!

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to Ray Maverick
Quote:
Originally Posted by AztecFire View Post
That's kinda what I was trying to do. Emerald and Amethyst are both jewels. By doing this hack, I'm pretending that Pokemon FireRed/LeafGreen never existed, and so the four canon games to me (Emerald, ShadowAmethyst, Platinum, and HeartGold) have to have "consistent" names. And so, the first game of each "saga", would be Emerald and Platinum, one word. The second game of each "saga" would be ShadowAmethyst and HeartGold (Yes I'm going to hack HeartGold in the future. All I'll do is change the Pokedex and edit trainer teams and fix the goddamn low levels).

And because of that, I think ShadowAmethyst goes along better with Emerald than RainBlue.

RainBlue

or

ShadowAmethyst!!!!!!!
Rain Blue. :3

Yeah, this looks good, but when i saw the name, i thought it'd be one of these hacks with 3 lines of storyline. Besides, Amethyst alrady exists.
Old November 22nd, 2009, 09:42 AM
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviation View Post

Anyway, this is just what FR/LG SHOULD have been like, right? On Emerald... Interesting. People have wanted to port 1 game to another, but never completely achieved... Good luck.
It shouldn't be hard. Because FR/LG doesn't have any epic mega scripts like R/S/E did. And everything I need is already in Emerald, such as the Battle Frontier and the PokeNav.

Quote:
Yeah, this looks good, but when i saw the name, i thought it'd be one of these hacks with 3 lines of storyline. Besides, Amethyst alrady exists.
Yeah, I know, but I've already hacked the title screen...

And this is why I am not going to have the name Red or Blue (or Green) in the title: The mascot of this game is Mewtwo, not Venusaur/Charizard/Blastoise.

Quote:
If this is just the 3rd game in a series, should (not saying HAS to, saying it should, but not necessarily) really have the 3rd thing, and not a random stone.
It's not really the third game. You see, I want to perfect 4 different games of each region, and they are Emerald, ShadowAmethyst, Platinum, and HeartGold. I'm already done hacking Emerald and Platinum, and so by doing this I'm pretending that Ruby/Sapphire, FireRed/LeafGreen, Diamond/Pearl, and SoulSilver never existed.
Old November 29th, 2009, 08:05 PM
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

Not really an update, but I'm still working on this.

Anyways, I realize I haven't said anything about the plot, and basically it's gonna be different from FireRed/LeafGreen.

Here's a few things to expect:
Plot changes from FR/LG:
*Expanded Team Rocket plot. The plot no longer ends at Silph Co., the Soul Tower in Lavender Town now has extra floors that are inaccessible until you have 7 badges. You cannot enter the Viridian City Gym until you have visited these floors. This is where the climax of the Team Rocket plot will take place.
*Rocket Admin Athena will be fought at Mt. Moon, Celadon City Game Corner, and Soul Tower
*Rocket Admin Apollo will be fought at Celadon City Game Corner, Silph. Co, and Soul Tower (Double battle with Giovanni)
*Rocket Boss Giovanni will be fought at Fuschia City, Silph. Co, and Soul Tower (Double battle with Apollo)

Revised Kanto Pokedex:
*Kanto Pokedex now has 202 Pokemon. It contains the original 151 Pokemon, all of the Generation II evolutions/pre-evolutions to the Generation I Pokemon, such as Pichu, Crobat, Kingdra, etc. It also contains most of the Johto Pokemon that are present in the Hoenn Dex, such as Donphan, Xatu, and Girafarig. It also contains some random Johto Pokemon to fill the rest of the spaces. Azurill and Deoxys are the only Generation III Pokemon in the revised Kanto Dex.

Heavily improved Gym Leader/Elite Four teams:
*All Gym Leaders have significantly improved teams.
Spoiler:

Brock:
Lv11 Aerodactyl
Lv13 Omanyte
Lv13 Kabuto

Misty: Er... sorry I forgot what I had planned at the moment. All I can remember is Lv19 Vaporeon, Lv21 Starmie, and then I forgot the other Pokemon... Will edit later

Lt. Surge:
Lv25 Jolteon
Lv25 Elekid
Lv27 Raichu

Erika:
Lv35 Victreebel
Lv33 Exeggutor
Lv35 Bellossom

Koga:
Lv40 Weezing
Lv41 Venomoth
Lv41 Tentacruel
Lv43 Crobat

Sabrina:
Lv46 Espeon
Lv45 Mr. Mime
Lv45 Slowbro
Lv47 Alakazam

Blaine:
Lv50 Rapidash
Lv49 Magcargo
Lv50 Flareon
Lv51 Arcanine

Giovanni: Er...sorry I forgot at the moment. Will edit later.

Changed Elite Four + Champion
*I'm not gonna reveal teams, but I'll say this: There is a new Elite Four member, and a new Champion. Your rival is no longer the Champion, so I thought it would be more fitting to make Lance the Champion. Also, the new Elite Four member IS NOT a fan-character.

Nostalgic Music!
*Even though all of FR/LG's songs are programmed into Emerald, I will be modifying them instead of directly using FR/LG's. I will be changing the key of those songs back to the way they were in R/B/Y. For instance, Cerulean City's theme in R/B/Y was in the Key of E. In FR/LG, it was changed to F, and it sounded terrible. I've changed it back to the key of E.

Animated FR/LG sprites!
*Yes, I've re-inserting all the FR/LG sprites into the Emerald ROM. For Frame 2, I'll be using the R/S/E Frame 1 sprite, or for some Pokemon I'll be using a custom sprite.

I'll edit this post later with screenshots of what I've done.
Old November 30th, 2009, 12:06 PM
Matteron (96)
Difference is everything...

RainBlue

or

ShadowAmethyst!!!!!!![/QUOTE]
Pfft definatly rain blue, no contest
Ya i understand your point
Current Team:

In Terms of Hacking...
Favorite ROM
Skills
Working On
In Terms of Game Dev...
Working On
News
I'm currently up for hire, for almost anything in ROM hacking, so just send me a PM.
Old December 12th, 2009, 03:51 AM
Nylonica
Silence...Who needs it!?

Nature: Calm
How about Pokemon Brilliant Blue.
Old December 13th, 2009, 10:30 AM
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nylonica View Post
How about Pokemon Brilliant Blue.
The mascot is Mewtwo. Mewtwo isn't blue.

Anyways, don't expect to see anything until I post in the progressing hacks section. Also what I posted earlier, not all of it will be like that. I've redone Gym Leader teams again, and re-thought some features.

I don't want to say much more, just wait in a few weeks (or more) when I post in the Progressing Hacks section. I'll post it when I'm almost done with the first beta, which will go all the way up to Pewter City.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links