Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Fan Fiction and Writing > Writer's Lounge
Notices

Writer's Lounge Need advice? Want to give advice? Come on in and share ideas with your fellow writers. Just remember, all fics go in the main forum.

Old November 21st, 2009, 08:21 PM
Haz
Haz ya seen my hack?

Nature: Docile
Send a message via Yahoo to Haz

Advertise here
Just wondering, how does everyone advertise their fanfiction to get reviews? No matter how hard I try, I cannot get reviews :(
DeviantART: Haz-Za

Fanfiction.net: Ha-Za-A

Credits to Galukxy for this awesome banner
Old November 21st, 2009, 08:52 PM
Eliminator Jr.
Gym Leader

Nature: Calm
The only place you can actually advertise your fan fiction is in your signature or if you really want your avatar or something. Anyway, don't worry about not getting reviews - you'll feel like nobody is reading your story and there's a good chance that nobody is, but if you keep at it people will eventually notice it there and somebody will read it. However, a way to make your chances of getting reviews better are to post more around the forums, particular the Writer's Lounge, because people will get to know your username and then will be more likely to read your story. You'll probably get a similar reply from other people too, this is generally what goes on from what I've gathered.
Old November 21st, 2009, 10:16 PM
Haz
Haz ya seen my hack?

Okay thanks. I kind of makes you feel like you're a bad writer if no one gives you reviews. Sort of. I know people are veiwing it but is it that hard to leave a comment :P

Old November 21st, 2009, 11:08 PM
Eliminator Jr.
Gym Leader

Nature: Calm
Yeah I don't know why people don't leave reviews, but don't let it get you down. I haven't read your stuff but just because people aren't reviewing it doesn't mean you're bad at writing. I generally leave reviews on all stories that I finish reading, not all that I view. Like I might see something and read halfway through it and lose interest in which case I won't review, or I'll read the first two chapters and won't comment until I've read all of the ones that have been posted. But yeah, a good tip for advertising your fan fiction is to put a link to it in your signature. This could be just a text link like "My Fanfiction" or something, or you could make/get somebody to make a banner advertising your fan fiction and link to the page of your story, but yeah I'm pretty sure you know the mechanics of doing signatures based on your current one. Maybe replace the eggs or something with a link, I don't know. But yeah, I've read countless fan fictions (countless because I can't remember how many, not because there are heaps XD) after following links in signatures. Unfortunately like you mentioned not everyone leaves reviews, so it might not appear to be working but it does.
Old November 22nd, 2009, 09:40 PM
Haz
Haz ya seen my hack?

All right, thanks for the support then :)

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here