Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Tools, Tutorials & Resources
Reload this Page [Resource] Nicksid14's Batch Compiler v1.0

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old January 8th, 2015 (05:25 AM). Edited April 13th, 2015 by NICKSID14.

Nature: Naughty
closed

________
I currently make my own pokemon engine in batch,and is a huge challenge!
Learn some basics on my thread http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=341773
I'll soon upload screenshots and videos about my wip engine.
Old January 8th, 2015 (08:52 PM).
The Ghost

Nature: Gentle
If I may ask, what exactly makes this program any different from writing a batch file with Notepad? It just seems to me that this isn't really compiling anything, rather it's just directing terminal input into a file.
Old January 9th, 2015 (06:26 AM).

Quote originally posted by ShadowMrk:
If I may ask, what exactly makes this program any different from writing a batch file with Notepad? It just seems to me that this isn't really compiling anything, rather it's just directing terminal input into a file.
there is no difference(for now...),and yes you thinked right,the batch isn't compiling anything just creating a new file in the same folder,changes it contains and show them at the screen,i won't name it batch writer ,it sounds boring and not-attractive.Well i think you know something on batch or you just opened it with notepad
You didn't ask for what would you like as v2.0 feature(s) but however i'm just glad that someone cares about batch :')
Old January 9th, 2015 (07:47 AM).
The Ghost

Nature: Gentle
Well, I honestly don't see the usefulness of something like this. It doesn't really provide the user with any convenience that wasn't already available. Batch wasn't designed to be used to develop applications anyway. Instead it was designed to make it easy for the user to execute a list of commands on a terminal or to automate simple tasks such as backing up a directory of files. I don't mean any of this to discourage you, in fact I think it's great that you've motivated yourself to learn how to write batch scripts. Despite that, though, I think that soon enough you'll find yourself limited by what batch scripts are unable to do. If you are curious enough to explore then I would suggest that you check out some more capable programming languages such as C/C++, Java, C#, Ruby, Python, or even VB.NET. Again, I hope that none of what I'm saying is coming off as me trying to put you down, I'm just throwing some constructive criticism out there.
Old January 10th, 2015 (04:26 AM).

Quote originally posted by ShadowMrk:
Well, I honestly don't see the usefulness of something like this. It doesn't really provide the user with any convenience that wasn't already available. Batch wasn't designed to be used to develop applications anyway. Instead it was designed to make it easy for the user to execute a list of commands on a terminal or to automate simple tasks such as backing up a directory of files. I don't mean any of this to discourage you, in fact I think it's great that you've motivated yourself to learn how to write batch scripts. Despite that, though, I think that soon enough you'll find yourself limited by what batch scripts are unable to do. If you are curious enough to explore then I would suggest that you check out some more capable programming languages such as C/C++, Java, C#, Ruby, Python, or even VB.NET. Again, I hope that none of what I'm saying is coming off as me trying to put you down, I'm just throwing some constructive criticism out there.
Lol,wait,i learned batch some years ago,i'm not learning now,as for the explanation of why batch is designed for i know it,and i wroted at the 1. at my sample tutorial!I did my research how could i use my knows and i discovered that many games has be made and still making on batch.

________
I currently make my own pokemon engine in batch,and is a huge challenge!
Learn some basics on my thread http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=341773
I'll soon upload screenshots and videos about my wip engine.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links