Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase
Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 6th, 2010, 01:40 AM
Fr0ZeN-LIgeR
recovering facebook addict

Nature: Adamant
so annoying being ahead by 10 hours but its out today!!!!!!
~THINGS I SUPPORT~ XD
Spoiler:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Old July 6th, 2010, 10:00 AM
Peeky Chew
Master of Palettes

Update:
No demo...

Really sorry guys, but I haven't been able to complete the demo in time. I really thought I could, I've done so much work in only a few weeks. But sadly, there are so many small things that aren't completed. Also, even if the demo was completed in time, it'd just have the standard essentials menu as Crazyninjaguy didn't complete the HG/SS one in time.

So really sorry again guys, I shouldn't have got you all excited. Although, you can probably expect the demo some time this month, as long as everything now goes to plan.

But, let us not dwell on the lack of a demo, let's celebrate that it's the one year anniversary of when I started Pokémon XENOTIME!

---------------------------------------

As some slight condolence, I do have a completely new town to reveal for the first time: Shrent. This is the location of the 4th Rock gym and the last which will be in the demo when it is released.

Credits on front page.

---------------------------------------
Will add comments tommorow.

Demo Beta out Now!

Old July 6th, 2010, 10:03 AM
tylerab01
Pokemon AquaHarmony

Nature: Bold
Thoes are good! I helped map 1 route and a 3D cut scene but between the 2 active people it is so hard to do!

Old July 6th, 2010, 10:20 AM
PokemonOI
Back To WORK!

Nature: Brave
Hmmm....and it was important to point out Malachite had no demo because....?

Refresh my memory, and correct me if I'm wrong but you said you "HAD" a demo. But you dont, but yet I was suspect because I was "WORKING" on one, which I am. So basically you should eat the same BS you served me.

Decent screens btw.
Old July 6th, 2010, 10:21 AM
Amore
Now stand up and begin
Community Supporter

Good screenies......the rate you're doing it...It'll be out way before Nintendo give us that much quality in full 3-D. Just so you know, I reckon this looks more visually appealing than Black/White.

Btw, Peeky. You can now go to Oktoberfest and buy beer if you want! (Drinking age is 16 over there). Just a random fact..
Old July 6th, 2010, 02:08 PM
DarkDoom3000
Super Pokemon Eevee Edition

Nature: Calm
Screens look nice, ill be looking forward to playing the demo
Beta 0.73 is out
Thread | Website | Blog
Old July 6th, 2010, 03:09 PM
phosphate5
Random little kid

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peeky Chew View Post
Update:
No demo...
*faints from shock*

Darn... Oh well. I'm still playing Raptor anyway. I'll be able to wait
Old July 6th, 2010, 08:10 PM
dead-man-walking
Alive and well

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to dead-man-walking
No Demo? Too bad.

Crap. My Witty Word part of the brain's kinda dead.

@OI: Don't be so mad dude
Old July 6th, 2010, 09:03 PM
brokenxnote

Send a message via AIM to brokenxnote Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to brokenxnote Send a message via Yahoo to brokenxnote Send a message via Skype™ to brokenxnote
Quote:
Originally Posted by dead-man-walking View Post
Can't blame him. I'd be pretty pissed too if I simply had a computer issue and people suddenly decided to question not only my integrity, but also my working pace. IMO, he has the right to have a brief laugh at the irony and, dare I say, karma.

However, OI, poking at Peeky because the similar thing that he questioned you for happened to him is pretty hypocritical. You know how it feels to be in his situation, but even more so, since his demo just isn't finished, while your entire game got erased. Have some empathy, be the bigger man. At least you only took one shot though and then complimented his screens I guess haha.

All that aside, I wish both of you luck. Peeky, in completing your demo within a timeframe that'd satisfy you; OI, in recovering your project files, if possible. Let's just all get along. We're all on even ground and territory: game making, despite whatever issues, inconveniences, and/or difficulties we may face. We shouldn't question each other, put each other down, or attack each other. Just support, and be supported.

Sorry for the long "LET'S ALL HUG" speech haha. I just felt I needed to get that off my mind. Good luck to you again, Peeky.
My deviantArt | Pokemon LunarVoid
[/CENTER][/sig-reason]
Old July 6th, 2010, 09:19 PM
jim42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peeky Chew View Post
Update:
No demo...

Really sorry guys, but I haven't been able to complete the demo in time.

Although, you can probably expect the demo some time this month, as long as everything now goes to plan.

But, let us not dwell on the lack of a demo, let's celebrate that it's the one year anniversary of when I started Pokémon XENOTIME!

That isn't a problem man, people should be more appreciative that you even want to let them have a demo. Beggars can't be choosers, so unless you are a part of the team, then you can't choose when you get it. Just be patient and you'll be duly rewarded. Take all the time you need Peeky - it'll probably turn out better than if you released it with those issues.
Old July 7th, 2010, 03:51 AM
Stiwo's rule
ahahahah.... NO, YOU NOT FUNNY

I saw in this screen that the rock path and the grass path aren't very nice to see like this, so I made (only for you xD) an autotile to "fade" the rocks under the grass:
it has the same palettes of your grass and you should credit Femok (the creator of this tile) if you use it, you don't have to credit me, I only recolored it =D
Old July 7th, 2010, 08:45 AM
PokemonOI
Back To WORK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead-man-walking View Post
No Demo? Too bad.

Crap. My Witty Word part of the brain's kinda dead.

I'm not mad, why would I be? This is just funny to me....
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenxnote View Post
Can't blame him. I'd be pretty pissed too if I simply had a computer issue and people suddenly decided to question not only my integrity, but also my working pace. IMO, he has the right to have a brief laugh at the irony and, dare I say, karma.

However, OI, poking at Peeky because the similar thing that he questioned you for happened to him is pretty hypocritical. You know how it feels to be in his situation, but even more so, since his demo just isn't finished, while your entire game got erased. Have some empathy, be the bigger man. At least you only took one shot though and then complimented his screens I guess haha.

All that aside, I wish both of you luck. Peeky, in completing your demo within a timeframe that'd satisfy you; OI, in recovering your project files, if possible. Let's just all get along. We're all on even ground and territory: game making, despite whatever issues, inconveniences, and/or difficulties we may face. We shouldn't question each other, put each other down, or attack each other. Just support, and be supported.

Sorry for the long "LET'S ALL HUG" speech haha. I just felt I needed to get that off my mind. Good luck to you again, Peeky.
Well my game didnt get erased, I just couldnt get to it, Its not an issue anymore. Were back in full swing

But yeah, Karma and Irony is gorgeous. Just let this be a lesson to anyone that prematurely boasts again and get out of line. Its no fun....
Old July 7th, 2010, 01:03 PM
tylerab01
Pokemon AquaHarmony

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonOI View Post
Hmmm....and it was important to point out Malachite had no demo because....?

Refresh my memory, and correct me if I'm wrong but you said you "HAD" a demo. But you dont, but yet I was suspect because I was "WORKING" on one, which I am. So basically you should eat the same BS you served me.

Decent screens btw.

Ok you dont have to be a total douche! Peeky Chew and Me are working as fast as we can to get this demo out. On top of that my game (AquaHarmony) is still in production.

If you can wait a few more days we will have everything ready for the demo.

Thanks,
Tyler Alexandre

Old July 7th, 2010, 03:48 PM
PokemonOI
Back To WORK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerab01 View Post
Ok you dont have to be a total douche! Peeky Chew and Me are working as fast as we can to get this demo out. On top of that my game (AquaHarmony) is still in production.

If you can wait a few more days we will have everything ready for the demo.

Thanks,
Tyler Alexandre
He wasnt a douche to me? Buzz off your irrelevant.
Old July 8th, 2010, 02:49 AM
Legendaries
Vain B*tch

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Legendaries
Stop biting, girls! How old are you to act like a kid who lost a lollipop?
Old July 8th, 2010, 04:41 AM
mercurysky
Beginning Trainer

Game making is supposed to be fun! Cheer up guys! We're not politicians. This is a hobby, we have to enjoy our time with our team. We do it because we like to do it!
Arguing is not necessary/ useful...
Be happy with what you have got. A demo is not important when you have a team of friends and you're enjoying yourself! We don't have to sell games, we don't base our lives on them... so... take it easy!
~Pokémon Garnet Version development leader èwé~

DA Profile

Old July 8th, 2010, 08:48 PM
Yuoaman
Legen- wait for it...
Community Supporter

PokemonOI and Peeky Chew please try and keep your personal discussions out of this thread and in PMs and VMs where it belongs.

Suit Up!
Awesome REGULAR MEMBER THAT OCCASIONALLY FREQUENTS FORUMS.

"pps new screenie" - No, really shut up yuoaman.

Haaave you read my LP?
Pokémon Quartz - The only one really worth reading.

What about my [Un]Abridged series?
Aquaman the Unabridged Parody Series - Language warning.

The Playbook: My Anime List | Raptr | BackLoggery | Twitter

83% of this signature is empty space.

-dary!
Old July 9th, 2010, 08:42 AM
pikarich
Pokemon Xenotime Founder

Nature: Lax
Come on guys, stop arguing. This demo has been a lot of work. I've scripted most of the dialogue and stuff, and it should be out soon. Me and Peeky are working very hard. It'll be here soon.

Second in command for popular fangame Pokemon XENOTIME.

Old July 9th, 2010, 07:16 PM
Team_SJK
Son of Arceus

Nature: Hardy
Hmm, I was hoping XENOTIME would be out, but no dice, huh? I'm cool with that. I'll be waiting patiently for it, but in the meantime, I guess I'll subscribe to this thread....

I hope XENOTIME gets released pretty soon, but please take your time in working on it. As they always say, "haste makes waste."

I am the reason why "KO" is in "Konokama."

Last edited by Team_SJK; July 10th, 2010 at 10:37 AM. Reason: Subscribing to thread
Old July 12th, 2010, 06:48 AM
shadowtogepi
I nct'a lelt fi 'mi ogdo.

Nature: Quiet
O_o I'm going crazy with waiting. but oh well, i've got stuff to do
depression makes me sad...
Old July 13th, 2010, 10:41 PM
Pichuichu
Creator Of (Insert Here)

No Demo? Aw i was really excited for this not to be impactiente and stuff but. How much long do you think?

Credit: Invasion For Sig And Avatar.

My Da Account ->here<-
Old July 20th, 2010, 10:50 AM
phosphate5
Random little kid

BUMP!

Are you guys close to done yet?
Old July 22nd, 2010, 02:43 PM
zapdos926
I'm secretly a typhlosion, shh

Nature: Gentle
this looks very ineresting and if i can get the rom player to work i will play!
Is it better to live on your feet than die on your knees or to die on your feet than live on your knees?
Old July 22nd, 2010, 02:48 PM
carmaniac
Where the pickle surprise at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapdos926 View Post
this looks very ineresting and if i can get the rom player to work i will play!
Not a ROM pal, just a game made in rpg maker xp.

Pokémon: Lost Souls.

Developed by Carmaniac.
Old July 22nd, 2010, 03:27 PM
chillj
Not active anymore.

Yep. RPG Maker games are much better than hacks, even though hack mapping isn't too hard.
I play videogames! Do I need to say anything else? Eh... pancakes!
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links