Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 1st, 2011 (12:01 PM). Edited January 1st, 2011 by Peeky Chew.
Peeky Chew
Master of Palettes

Pokémon XENOTIME Demo Out Now!
That's right, finally, after many delays, XENOTIME's first demo is finished and out!

I'll just keep it simple and post the link here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?36s0cukil0nnwnb

The demo is still a beta, this means that there will be errors. I, me2hack and Venom12 have done our best to get rid of any game killing ones, but there still may be some left. If you do find any errors outside of the battles, be sure to report them.

Enjoy!

Game killing error found!

When in the lab you must press enter on one of the five marked tiles or you will become trapped. This along with seven other errors will be fixed tommorow.

Demo Beta out Now!

Old January 1st, 2011 (12:12 PM).
me2hack
Graphics Artist

Nature: Quiet
I've done a lot to help, hope the game runs fine for everyone. Enjoy!

Old January 1st, 2011 (01:22 PM).
XmasterchiefX
DMR's ar kewl so I herd

Nature: Docile
Yay!! Thanks Peeky!! downloading it right now :3

I support~

Old January 1st, 2011 (01:23 PM).
~JV~
Dev of Pokémon Uranium

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to ~JV~
The game crashed when I was getting my first pokémon (chose cyndaquil, the GRASS pokémon; typo). I entered in a infinite loop of dialogue. It seemed pretty bad evented so far and quite rushed =/. I mean the professor doesn't even get to talk to me... I'll wait till you release something more "solid" to play it. Moving to Helio now.
Old January 1st, 2011 (01:29 PM).
Peeky Chew
Master of Palettes

Quote originally posted by ~JV~:
The game crashed when I was getting my first pokémon (chose cyndaquil, the GRASS pokémon; typo). I entered in a infinite loop of dialogue. It seemed pretty bad evented so far and quite rushed =/. I mean the professor doesn't even get to talk to me... I'll wait till you release something more "solid" to play it. Moving to Helio now.
Yeah, sorry about that. I've explained how to avoid the problem above.
I'm releasing a new version with the bugs fixed tommorow, so be sure to download that.
And I know some parts seem rushed, but if I hadn't released it everyone would have gone mad. Besides, it is a beta, so there are going to be errors like this.

Demo Beta out Now!

Old January 1st, 2011 (01:40 PM).
dudleyspud
Beginning Trainer

No offense but did you even play this game before you released it?

Old January 1st, 2011 (02:05 PM).
me2hack
Graphics Artist

Oh gawd, do you people know how to read?

Old January 1st, 2011 (02:20 PM). Edited January 1st, 2011 by Peeky Chew.
Peeky Chew
Master of Palettes

Ok, I wanted to release this tommorrow, but I'm releasing it now. The next version of the beta, with most of the mentioned errors fixed.
Version 0.2: http://www.mediafire.com/?36s0cukil0nnwnb

Eight seperate errors have been fixed, including the Lab one.
Keep posting what errors you find!

@dudleyspud: As me2hack said, you should read the post before commenting. This is a beta, which means that you guys are the ones who test it and report errors, not complain when you find them as if a beta should be completely solid.

Demo Beta out Now!

Old January 1st, 2011 (04:49 PM).
PatJamma
♪I can hear my heart bell♪

*sniff* the music is so beautiful! I've only just started and it's amazing! Love the game Peeky. Keep up the great work!

btw how far is this beta/demo?
Old January 1st, 2011 (07:48 PM). Edited January 1st, 2011 by captollie.
captollie
Beginning Trainer

Here's one. I exited the lab, Rich came up to me and we battled. I lost to him resulting in me whiting out and going to my room. I exited my house and the whole dialogue happened again but Rich was no where in sight. I guess you could fix this by having the character white out back into the lab by maybe adding a healing machine (if there already isn't one in there). This could save you from having to script him come up to the house.

Another thing, the placement of Rich has me only being able to see half of his head, and the rival Pokemon aren't fully on their designated patch of land.

The grass where the wild Pokemon's sprite has a white box with it. The Pokemon is also placed above the patch of grass.
(I can't post pictures due to me not having 15 posts, but I'll be screen capping them in case they're direly needed)

In the first route, there's a flower above the jumping ledge. I'm not sure if I'm not supposed to be able to walk on it, but I can't.

Talking to Oak at Larcoon(sp) City, civilization is spelled incorrectly. Also, his depature seems too abrupt. Instead of him saying "Bye." maybe he could say "I'll be seeing you around, good luck."

Where you talked with Oak, you can step out onto the water and walk around on it up and down.

As I walked into the Pokemon Center, I was automatically healed. I didn't speak to Nurse Joy at all and it went straight to "First we need to.."

I went into the house left of the PC with the Caterpie near it and I got stuck inside the doorway upon exiting. I can't go in out, or anywhere for that matter.

I stopped there due to me having to starting over, and Rich being really hard to beat.

I decided to give it another shot, and when I got to me following Oak, upon arrival, the screen went black and all I could see was text.

I'm not sure if I used any of the correct terminology, just guessed. Hope I helped .

P.S - I'm in love with the music!
Old January 1st, 2011 (08:10 PM).
me2hack
Graphics Artist

The Pokemon sprite position in-battle have been edited in v0.2.

Old January 1st, 2011 (08:11 PM). Edited January 1st, 2011 by phosphate5.
phosphate5
Random little kid

Nature: Careful
Before I download... mediafire is virus-free, right?

EDIT: Yeah.
Also... that person seriously took all my money?
Also, is it possible to speed up the game and change the controls?
Also, I can't heal at the pokemon center
The game also crashes when I store pokemon in the PC. So basically, I can't heal. Yeah...
Old January 1st, 2011 (08:20 PM).
captollie
Beginning Trainer

Quote originally posted by me2hack:
The Pokemon sprite position in-battle have been edited in v0.2.
The one from the quote below? I downloaded that one and the sprites are still off.

Quote originally posted by Peeky Chew:
Ok, I wanted to release this tommorrow, but I'm releasing it now. The next version of the beta, with most of the mentioned errors fixed.
Version 0.2: (I can't post links..)
Quote originally posted by phosphate5:
Before I download... mediafire is virus-free, right?
I've never gotten a virus from it. It's really what you download is what you have to be careful about.
Old January 1st, 2011 (08:24 PM).
me2hack
Graphics Artist

Yea, it should be I edited the script tested it, and send it to Peeky.

Old January 2nd, 2011 (12:37 AM).
Karel_Kazuki
Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp

Oh crap,I got stuck n a loop after i got my Pokemon D:<

I am a university student, currently studying C# and looking for any practice pertaining to building my skills.I'm also a concept designer and storyline designer.

contact me here or at [email protected].

Screw Banners.I support all that is made.But Join these Forums!

http://z15.invisionfree.com/Pokemon_BN/index.php?act=idx
Old January 2nd, 2011 (01:21 AM).
Geeked
Pokemon Crimson Version

Nature: Adamant
Sweet game so far Peeky Chew! I've found a bug though.
Attached Thumbnails
bug.png‎  
Old January 2nd, 2011 (03:04 AM).
DarkDoom3000
Super Pokemon Eevee Edition

Nature: Calm
Quote:
This is a beta, which means that you guys are the ones who test it and report errors, not complain when you find them as if a beta should be completely solid.
100% agree. It's so true.
kids these days always think beta=demo.
Old January 2nd, 2011 (04:51 AM).
jim42

Alright Peeky, I used your v2 link in the second post, and went through several times to pick out everything I could. Reading others' posts, a few things have been mentioned, but I'll put up the whole lot anyway. I made screens where possible and compiled the notes in a txt file, all of which is included in the attached rar archive.

I hope you don't see it as being too harsh or anything. I was only being meticulous and as nit-picky as I could, for your and everyone else's benefit. Also note there's a few things I really like in there too. :D

Good luck in the future and with further releases.
Cheers, Jim.
Attached Files
File Type: rar XENOTIME TESTING.rar‎ (86.2 KB, 14 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Old January 2nd, 2011 (05:02 AM).
pikarich
Pokemon Xenotime Founder

Nature: Lax
Always remember to save after regular intervals. Also, Rich is not that hard to beat, I beat him with 7 HP remaining. Use Leer a lot and hope he uses Roar too many times. Rich is based off me so of course he's awesome
Keep the errors coming people.

Second in command for popular fangame Pokemon XENOTIME.

Old January 2nd, 2011 (06:28 AM).
Rossay
Quack quack

Nature: Careful
So, just finished trying it out. I think it's really good, the graphics are really smooth.
The glitches I came across were mainly to do with the rival battle (who, I must say, is way too difficult for the first battle - especially with a move that can flinch).

Most of these have been pointed out in previous posts I think but I thought I'd highlight them just incase. Also, when I whited-out and left the player's house, the rival battle started again but the rival was standing outside the Lab (if that makes sense).

But yeah, people need to realise it is a beta, demo, w/e you want to call it and glitches are to be expected. Really nice work though, graphics look really good.

Old January 2nd, 2011 (07:18 AM).
SpiralHorn
Feels like an old fart D:

Nature: Modest
There are a couple of issues that I had that I don't think where mentioned. First, when I started, I didn't get to chose my starter, I just started out with two Bulbasaurs! Then when I had to fight Rich I lost the first time, and when I left the house after blacking out, the rival battle event started again, but there was no sprite for Rich, and it started in front of the players house instead of the Lab.

I agree that the first fight is too hard. Even with two Bulbasaurs, I wasn't dealing very much damage, while Growlithe was taking out much larger chunks of damage, and I think the flinch rate for bite is set too high (though that may have just been an unlucky fight).

But I have to say, the fight music is absolutely gorgeous. I did seem kind of out of place along with the rest of the tracks which are a lot more mellow, but I loved it none the less. And your tiles are tops!

This looks like it's going to be a good game, I love the mystery of the environment turning blue, and the plot with the professors is funny, but cool since it's new for a Pokemon game.

Darwin.Tucker.Reuben.Spencer.Salem.Conrad
~click please~

Old January 2nd, 2011 (07:41 AM).
carmaniac
Where the pickle surprise at?

Quote originally posted by Peeky Chew:
Yeah, sorry about that. I've explained how to avoid the problem above.
I'm releasing a new version with the bugs fixed tommorow, so be sure to download that.
And I know some parts seem rushed, but if I hadn't released it everyone would have gone mad. Besides, it is a beta, so there are going to be errors like this.
Bold part disturbed me. Just because a group of whining people demand a demo doesn't mean you have to rush and release it. Those type of people just need to realise it's not them making a game out of their own time as a hobby and providing a community something fun and original. All I can say is congrats on the effort you are making on this game by producing a beta for people, glitched up or not, still something that provides entertainment to those.

Pokémon: Lost Souls.

Developed by Carmaniac.
Old January 2nd, 2011 (07:44 AM).
Piplup-Trainer
This is my custom user title.

Location: Europe. Many people haven`t heard about the country in which I live.
Ahhhh, that`s not good. I can`t download anything from Mediafire.
"Click here to start your download". *click* "Your download is starting..."
Nothing.

I`ll might try it later again (maybe when I come back to vienna).

Short summary :

2007 : ROM Hacking - asking some questions regarding Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire
2008 : Trading - mostly to complePokemon keDex in Pokemon Diamond until 2009
2009 : Battling - battles without ev'd Pokemon until 2009, competitive battles until 2010
2010 : Chatting - talking to pc friends, but more often on ut more often on MSN), having a good time
2011 : Less activity - it dropped more because of Windows Live Messenger and Facebook
Old January 2nd, 2011 (08:34 AM).
Birdybot
-insert witty phrase here-

Nature: Jolly
I must say, I really don't like the guy who takes all your money off you without warning if you talk to him. That isn't very helpful.

Old January 2nd, 2011 (12:04 PM).
koby1
The M4's Best Freind

Nature: Hasty
Quote originally posted by carmaniac:
Bold part disturbed me. Just because a group of whining people demand a demo doesn't mean you have to rush and release it. Those type of people just need to realise it's not them making a game out of their own time as a hobby and providing a community something fun and original. All I can say is congrats on the effort you are making on this game by producing a beta for people, glitched up or not, still something that provides entertainment to those.
I agree 100% with Carmaniac when i heard you delayed the demo i was alright with it because i understand that people run into viruses now and then. You shouldn't give in to people who whine for a demo.

Currently beta testing:
Pokemon Uranium ( And Loving it! )
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links