The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 4th, 2011, 09:17 AM
Jisatsu
Beginning Trainer

Hi :D
I tried out your game and it's realy awesome :o!
Your mapping skills are amazing :3

I realy enjoy the tiles you use in your game ;D
Did you make them by yourself or did you downloaded them somewhere o.o?
Old April 15th, 2011, 12:53 PM
Mattxy8
Beginning Trainer

Looks great.
you should get a baby
-Sandshrew
-Seviper
-Crogunk
and
-Houndour
Old April 30th, 2011, 03:19 AM
LifeLux
Beginning Trainer

awesome game!!
supporting it right now, looks very good and I hope the game will have a exciting story
Old April 30th, 2011, 06:29 AM
dannyboy601
Musician-in-Training

Nature: Relaxed
Really great, I especially like the fact that the mushrooms glow at night.

Old April 30th, 2011, 04:46 PM
Freak A
Back !!!

Nature: Bold
wow, its great to know this is still going. all the games that were big since i left are gone but you stuck to your's good luck mate and hope it gets finished and not abandonned.
Old May 1st, 2011, 09:36 AM
darkpokeball
Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o

Just downloaded and found billions of bugs.
1. When you go into the lab, you can't talk to the professor.
2. When you go upstairs, all the starters say "the grass pokemon" like, Cyndaquil, the grass pokemon.
3. When you choose one, then Larcoon's voice comes out of nowhere, and you are frozen because the text repeats itself after the last line.
4. When you start the game, and you choose MALE, you can't name yourself. You have to hit "OK" and deal with a random name that changes every time.
--
This game needs a LOT of work, but shows a lot of promise. Good luck!
Old May 7th, 2011, 09:37 AM
Peeky Chew
Master of Palettes

Update!

Before I start this long update, how are you guys finding waiting two months in between updates? It is a lot of waiting, but they are very large ones each time. So please tell me what you think.

So first things first, the new battle interface. When I made the first one, I was pretty pleased with it, but looking back it was actually quite outdated and unprofessional. This one fits in with the new style XENOTIME is using for menus etcetera, and in my opinion looks a ton better.
Apart from the graphical changes, now that the new wide screen resolution is being used, there's enough room for the player to stand by their 'mon, as well as the enemy. I was also thinking of making the player move a little when commanding different things, but it'd take too long to make the enemy do the same, so it may look incomplete. The last change is the little Poke balls below the status bars. It's pretty obvious what these do: show how many Pokémon you and the enemy has. It's like in the 4th gen games, but on the top screen. One more thing to note is that I still haven't implemented animated sprites (only when entering battle, not B/W style), so I don't know if it will be easy enough to do yet.

Ok, the next part of the update is a long set of brand new screens. As you can see in the title at the top, these will be in version 1.0 of the demo, which is set for release this summer. Unlike previous screens I've shown, this shows a lot more of the story off - so now you won't have to play the error ridden demo. There isn't really much more to note about these screens, so you'll just have to look at them instead of read about them xD

And now the final part of the update, the updated (using that word too much) region map. There aren't many differences in the map, only a couple new areas and some changes in route layout, but as you can see it's in a new curved design. Apart from looking cool, this'll allow it to work a lot better in game, although I don't actually know how yet.

---------------------------------------
@Rossay: Thanks for the suggestion. I've changed so it's much easier to read now.

@Kninj: Thanks, they're actually the most popular part of XENOTIME right now. It is actually available on Mac, just search Windows on Mac and you'll find the options to get it all working.

@Cypher DS: Wow, massive post. Thank you for all of the recommendations and bug reports, it really helps. I'd like to reply to your post with one just as long, but sadly I don't have the time to right now.

@Toony: The game is designed to be played using the FR/LG font, try switching to that.

@Atomic Reactor: I considered doing that with the gyms, but as you say, it is a lot of work.
Thanks, everyone loves cute baby's xD
Other people have commented on the design of the hair, so that'll be changing soon. You'll just have to cope with the colour though, as that's staying xD
Thanks again!

@shadowtogepi: You can't exactly choose it, but if you save just before getting it you can by resetting.

@SegNin: Thanks for the bug report, it really helps me!

@Jisatsu: I found most of them on deviantART, but edited them all.

@Freak A: Hey Freak A! I know, everyone else seems to have left, but XENOTIME has stayed xD Thanks for the good luck as well!

Demo Beta out Now!

Old May 7th, 2011, 09:58 AM
Crimson Stardust
Anime Addiction

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via AIM to Crimson Stardust Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Crimson Stardust
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peeky Chew View Post
Update!

Before I start this long update, how are you guys finding waiting two months in between updates? It is a lot of waiting, but they are very large ones each time. So please tell me what you think.

So first things first, the new battle interface. When I made the first one, I was pretty pleased with it, but looking back it was actually quite outdated and unprofessional. This one fits in with the new style XENOTIME is using for menus etcetera, and in my opinion looks a ton better.
Apart from the graphical changes, now that the new wide screen resolution is being used, there's enough room for the player to stand by their 'mon, as well as the enemy. I was also thinking of making the player move a little when commanding different things, but it'd take too long to make the enemy do the same, so it may look incomplete. The last change is the little Poke balls below the status bars. It's pretty obvious what these do: show how many Pokémon you and the enemy has. It's like in the 4th gen games, but on the top screen. One more thing to note is that I still haven't implemented animated sprites (only when entering battle, not B/W style), so I don't know if it will be easy enough to do yet.

Ok, the next part of the update is a long set of brand new screens. As you can see in the title at the top, these will be in version 1.0 of the demo, which is set for release this summer. Unlike previous screens I've shown, this shows a lot more of the story off - so now you won't have to play the error ridden demo. There isn't really much more to note about these screens, so you'll just have to look at them instead of read about them xD

And now the final part of the update, the updated (using that word too much) region map. There aren't many differences in the map, only a couple new areas and some changes in route layout, but as you can see it's in a new curved design. Apart from looking cool, this'll allow it to work a lot better in game, although I don't actually know how yet.

---------------------------------------
@Rossay: Thanks for the suggestion. I've changed so it's much easier to read now.

@Kninj: Thanks, they're actually the most popular part of XENOTIME right now. It is actually available on Mac, just search Windows on Mac and you'll find the options to get it all working.

@Cypher DS: Wow, massive post. Thank you for all of the recommendations and bug reports, it really helps. I'd like to reply to your post with one just as long, but sadly I don't have the time to right now.

@Toony: The game is designed to be played using the FR/LG font, try switching to that.

@Atomic Reactor: I considered doing that with the gyms, but as you say, it is a lot of work.
Thanks, everyone loves cute baby's xD
Other people have commented on the design of the hair, so that'll be changing soon. You'll just have to cope with the colour though, as that's staying xD
Thanks again!

@shadowtogepi: You can't exactly choose it, but if you save just before getting it you can by resetting.

@SegNin: Thanks for the bug report, it really helps me!

@Jisatsu: I found most of them on deviantART, but edited them all.

@Freak A: Hey Freak A! I know, everyone else seems to have left, but XENOTIME has stayed xD Thanks for the good luck as well!

wow..
I would have to say i rarely, very rarely post here on the game dev section just browsing around but this updates really caught my eye..
Truly beautiful graphics you got there.
I love every single detail you post here as the update.
I read your first post and the other screens and i am truly impress.
I really want to try this one..xD..
Is this what i can do in game dev which i can't do in Hacking?
haha, now i am leaning both sides..haha,

Old May 7th, 2011, 10:37 AM
Atomic Reactor
@atomicreactor
Community Supporter

Nature: Rash
I love the new battle interface :3
The curved map looks pretty cool, i don't see the point in doing it, but it looks cool haha :)
Old May 7th, 2011, 10:46 AM
phosphate5
Random little kid

Nature: Careful
Whoa, finally. Really cool update. It'll be sort of hard to wait that long, but ok.
Old May 7th, 2011, 12:35 PM
DarkDoom3000
Super Pokemon Eevee Edition

Nature: Calm
dem graphics. loving it. Nice to see you're changing up the battle screen a bit. keeping the trainers in there is a nice touch.
Old May 11th, 2011, 02:09 AM
astigz_23
Beginning Trainer

Can't wait for the next release

=======================================

FC:
Pokemon White : 1635 8946 7926
Nintendo 3DS : 0259 0882 0501
Old May 14th, 2011, 07:45 PM
Quilava99
Beginning Trainer

Looks really cool. I SUPPORT!
Old May 16th, 2011, 12:40 AM
davel777
Beginning Trainer

I cant wait when this game released... when will it be released anyway??
Sorry for the Question...

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old May 16th, 2011, 01:54 PM
DarkDoom3000
Super Pokemon Eevee Edition

Nature: Calm
^against the rules!

It's near impossible to know when/if a game will be finished.
The beta's is out. download and enjoy.
Old May 17th, 2011, 06:55 AM
Rai Rai
Master of everything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davel777 View Post
I cant wait when this game released... when will it be released anyway??
Sorry for the Question...
If you're sorry for the question then don't ask it, quite simple to look at the rules first before posting.
Old May 20th, 2011, 01:19 AM
Nuncas
Beginning Trainer

Just downloaded the demo, but is it possible to continue from demo into the 1.0 version? Like a code, or just copy the selected files into the new version?
Really looking forward to try this out!
Old May 22nd, 2011, 01:39 AM
fliyer
played more than 2000 hours-_-

Nature: Gentle
i just downloaded the demo and am about to play it and am wanting to know if their iss or will be in the future a way to put pokemon games made on rmxp onto a gba cartridge >.> i would love to play obsidian, uranium and xenotime on a gba one day <.<
Old May 25th, 2011, 05:36 PM
Bravoious
Beginning Trainer

I want to play it, but norton deletes it
Old May 26th, 2011, 03:10 AM
Rai Rai
Master of everything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravoious View Post
I want to play it, but norton deletes it
Go in quarantine and it should give you an options button click it and restore the file, then you should be able to play it.
Old May 27th, 2011, 07:53 AM
KaiVii
Mime Jr.

Nature: Quiet
This is really a wonderful looking game and I also love the idea of the trainer staying in the battle screen. The babies are cute too, I'm looking forward to 1.0!

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=196223

Old June 1st, 2011, 03:10 PM
Amore
Now stand up and begin
Community Supporter

Haha, love the similar Pinsir / Scyther babies :D
Inserting trainers into the battle screen is good too.

Might I make a suggestion? You shouldn't include 5th Gen. pokémon, particularly as you've managed to limit your Regional Pokédex by only thinking of Gen I-IV. You'd either have to rework that, or it wouldn't seem right...
Old June 2nd, 2011, 07:20 PM
zingzags
Creator or Pokemon Serenity

Nature: Adamant
I am digging the new revamp.
Pokemon ebony
and
Xenotime:
Old June 3rd, 2011, 10:53 AM
Angeldelivery
Beginning Trainer

Your maps are really good I must say. But speaking about pallets... I don't know what to say. I'm sorry but your pallets are really not good. They are really unrealistic. I hope you will do something about that. Other than that, your game looks amazing. Keep up the good work !

dA
Old June 4th, 2011, 05:02 AM
morrison

Nature: Quiet
I really love your pallette it looks gorgoeus. Also I like the battle background which finishes with the blurry landscape background of the normal games, also I like your pokedex so far

Pokemon Hardmode Sapphire Comic
starts as b/w but turns colourful a couple of pages later
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links